474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
pedals to the metal [c/m]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 2:04:30 GMT
parker jones Avatar
somehow, with nothing but a carracosta pushing them, nina almost manages to lose parker. they're halfway across town when parker swears she hears shouting from a ways behind them. damn it, she thinks, but she needn't worry about them catching up to nina because nina decides to go batshit and order the carracosta forward with a water-type move. 

well, that water has to go somewhere and parker gets a mouthful of it; it snipes her and she loses her footing, stumbles, and hits the ground hard. remus and amulius are on her at once, but she waves them off angrily. 

and then the fighting-types are turning, hackles raised and feathers plumed. parker sits up with a groan and rubs her skinned jaw. 

"oh, motherfucker," she says with a grimace as their pursuers make themselves known. 

//

it's about forty-five minutes later that parker wrenches open the front door to the candy shop. she's nursing a black eye with some frozen peas she'd picked up from the corner mart on the way back. but despite the bruiser, she's grinning from ear to ear. her hair is still damp, mussed from the tussle, and her shirt's just about try. 

"you are fuckin' insane," parker crows as she steps down into the garage. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 21:17:17 GMT
nina larson Avatar
a heavy breath left her chest as she made her way to the garage, trying her best to stop her legs from shaking. carracosta was still dutifully pushing the engine along on its hoist.

before they entered, nina returned her arbok. ”thanks, ghost. sorry again.” ghostface didn't like going fast, and yet, it kept happening that he was loaded onto careening, hazardous vehicles of all kinds.

by the time parker arrived, nina was in the sweets shop, sucking on a piece of taffy. at the accusation, her eyes went wide, as though to emphasize just how insane she actually was. the hair helped.

”maybe,” she considered with a smirk, tongue clicking around the candy in her cheek.

but insane had gotten the job done, hadn't it?

”what happened to you?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 19:48:54 GMT
parker jones Avatar
and damn if she doesn't look wild as all get out. parker can't help the giddy laughter that bubbles up and out of her. fortune smiles upon her, truly, with someone like nina picking up her job. not only are they ahead of the game, parker's actually having fun

almost to the point of not thinking about the blonde who's been giving her the runaround these past couple weeks. 

"well, our pals caught up to me, thanks to your super-soaker." she goes around the back of the candy shop so she can pop open the door and see the engine for herself. it sits real pretty and parker shakes her head with amusement, shutting the door again to look at nina. 

"did a fine job convincing 'em i had nothing to do with it. it'll be smooth fuckin' sailin' til race day thanks to you. tipped 'em off you were headed towards the other side of town."

she cracks her neck and tosses the bag of peas in the garbage. shakes out cold, wet fingers. 

"i don't really need ya 'til the engine's in, but...wanna stay? help me get our ride ready to roll?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 23:13:43 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it was fairly obvious what had happened to parker, and nina smiled sweetly. ”oh, i’m sorry.” she wasn’t a malicious soul, but parker had irked her, and besides, it seemed like she was strangely into it.

a fine job was more like it, though. her smile turned more genuine, excited to be proving herself useful after all. it turned a little at tipping them off that she was headed to the other side of town.

”but i am headed to the other side of town.” apparently she was taking the long way around, now. thankfully, her rapidash has never failed to outrun anything they’d need to escape.

parker’s offer sounded appealing for a number of reasons, despite her strongest desire to get home and move on to the next day.

”sure. yeah.” a pause. ”what all does that entail?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 23:52:52 GMT
parker jones Avatar
the fact that she doesn't sound very sorry at all makes parker chuckle, and appreciate her all the more. parker touches the swollen side of her face and licks her lips. she does feel kinda bad that nina's kinda fucked if she tries to go home, but it is what it is. 

"eh, they're gonna be rippin' that side of the city apart tryna find this thing. you oughta lay low here for the night. or i got a guest bed at my place. sorry 'bout that cu-, nina."

parker cracks her knuckles and opens up the door again, still-wet boots sloshing as she tromps down the two garage stairs. she pulls the tarp off the car. parker's grin is cheshire.

the bright red viper's fuckin' sexy, even if it's still half-gutted. parker opens up the driver's side door so nina can try out the driver's seat if she wants. 

"just gonna hook the engine up. make a couple adjustments. gotta rip her apart a little bit so we can shove a couple crew members in there with us." she pats the pokeballs hanging on her hip. 

look, these races are dirty
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2022 11:43:34 GMT
nina larson Avatar
was she about to call her cutie? nina pursed her lips, narrowing eyes with suspicion at parker—but it wasn’t totally disapproving, somehow.

”whatever.” she sighed. ”i’ll just stay with you, then.”

following after parker into the garage, her eyes went to the car under the tarp, eyebrows raising a little at the cherry red sportscar underneath.

”’rip her apart?’ like, the seats and stuff?”

walking towards it, her eyes flicked up as the door was opened for her. ”thanks.” it wasn’t entirely friendly, but it wasn’t spiteful either. much like a cat passing someone they weren’t sure about yet.

she slid into the seat, hands drifting to the steering wheel.

”it's nice...” but what the hell did she know about cars?

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 3:48:33 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"somethin' like that," she says. nina slides into the seat and parker makes herself busy with other things. her fingers ghost over her toolboxes. idly, she undoes her belt and tosses it with its pokeballs up onto the workshop table. and then she finally shakes out of her damp red jacket, tossing it on a rolling chair that's seen better days.

it's gonna be one hell of a night. the gang they'd stolen it from was ready to have a whole crew working on the thing tonight, but all parker's got is herself. well, and amulius and remus. cool gray eyes wander from what she's doing and over to nina.

she shakes her head and laughs. "you'll see when we get'er on the road."

knuckles crack. and then tap one of the pokeballs. a gabite pops out of this one and gives a stretch. parker orders him on top of the car and sighs while he meticulously goes about removing the back windshield with his claws.

"so...aside from surprise super-soakers, how's your battling?" she asks. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 4:48:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she was almost looking forward to it.

the gabite hopping onto the top of the car surprised her, a small chirp of a high yelp coming from the interior of the vehicle. maybe the warning of a gang on her tail had made her a little jumpy.

“i can hold my own,” she assured, hand dropping from the wheel. ”i train with the beasts, actually.” she said it with a touch of pride to her voice. . . , even. gradually, carved by rocket's talent, harmless nina had become a deceptive force to be reckoned with.

she leaned from her seat to poke her head out of the door, periwinkle ponytail falling over her shoulder as she eyed parker curiously.

”why?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 5:02:13 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"'cause you've got guts," she says. she swings up onto the table and drags the chair over, using it as a footrest. after shimmying a little, she fishes her phone out from her back pocket and scrolls through some delivery places. after picking a couple of meals out for herself she does a mock throw and then a real one to nina. 

"that's sick though. done a couple missions with 'em." she doesn't say which, nor divulge her scant history with jayden. she still has trouble sleeping at night, thinking about his empty eyes and vacant voice when dealing with that bust...

"but i try an' stay under the radar, y'know? keep me outta the culty 'fall on your sword for us' bullshit." she snubs her nose. 

"and i was just askin' in case you're a piss poor driver and we gotta swap."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 6:05:11 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”oh.” she smiled, shoulders bobbing and chin craning a little like a proud bird. ”thanks.”

at the mock throw, she held her hands out, catching the phone gingerly in both—only to drop it a second later, muttering, shit... it’s fine.”

kicking her shoes off, she curled up into the seat, making herself fully comfortable before scrolling through the phone at all of the options. she took her time picking something.

”well, i know i’m way better at battling than i am at driving, sooo…”

maybe they should plan accordingly?

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 18:33:05 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker makes a face but otherwise doesn't say anything when nina drops her phone. it's an old piece of shit, really. it can barely run the apps she has downloaded on it. on the whole, though, it does what it's meant to do and that's more than enough for parker. 

while nina picks out her food, parker watches wolf work. the glass screeches under his claws. it comes free quite delicately though and he finagles it out of the car with ease. when he hops back down from the car, parker helps heft the windshield onto the workshop table. 

"tube's over there," she says and the gabite goes to get a rubber tube of insulation to install around the newly made rough edges of the back. 

"eh, we'll figure it out. as long as we beat that champion's ass. do pick-up, by the way. place is near my apartment. i can drop ya off 'fore it gets too late. i'll be up workin' on this all night."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 13:25:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
as the gabite lifted the glass from the car, nina felt the draft and jumped a little, looking up from the phone. the deftness with which this gabite worked was both surprising and impressive to her.

she felt a rush of anxiety at the realization that she’d be staying alone..

”um… okay.” this was not how she had thought it was going to happen. with a sigh, her thumb hit the order button. a burger, something cheap, nothing special.

”you’re really gonna just like, let some random criminal you just met into your apartment alone?”

she peered out of the car again, pokerfaced.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 20:20:46 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker's fairly dense when it comes to reading complex emotions. she's seen her fair share of fright, anger, frustration, ecstasy, but she hasn't been able to peg nina since the beginning, nevermind now. while wolf works, she looks over the blueprints she'd spent ages on. triple-checking her list to make sure she has all the materials.

"what, you gonna steal my shit and bail on me?" parker says with a snort, without looking up. 

"look, i just know those fuckers are gonna be ripping your part o' town apart. this shit's expensive and they're gonna be fucked for the race. and 'sides, one of us oughta get a good night's sleep." she shrugs and then finally hops off the table. stretches. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 19:23:43 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”who knows, huh?” nina grinned, followed quickly enough by half-hearted reassurance, ”just kidding.”

after parker's reasoning, her lips pursed for a moment. she considered her approach.

but what if i just stay with you?”

while she waited for the answer, her hands clasped in her lap over parker’s phone with both surface-level resolve and deeply brewing concern for her own well-being. if life had taught her anything, it was that it was not good to be alone—especially in a jungle like this, with eyes looking for her.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 1:52:59 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"sure, cupcake," she says without really thinking about it. mid-stretch, arms still waving over her head, she blinks and then zones back in, gaze soft with an awkward apology. "force of habit. sorry. sure. sal's prob'ly got a sleeping bag somewhere we can roll out, but dunno how much you'll sleep. we're gonna make some noise."

still, there's food waiting for them down the street. she touches her jacket - unsurprisingly, it's still wet. she's roughed worse and it's not that far. 

"wolf, don't do anything without me here," she warns. the gabite waves her off, shoulders squared, but a hard stare makes him deflate.

as she shoulders her way out the door, locking it carefully behind them, she says, "so, bet you'd have turned this shit down if you knew how'd involved it was. granted, i didn't know you were gonna make a supersoaker spectacle outta it."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights