474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
pedals to the metal [c/m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 2:50:49 GMT
parker jones Avatar

the keys jangle and anticipation rises in parker's stomach. much like being on a rollercoaster. or so she thinks. she's never been on one. but instead of weightlessness or lightheadedness or barfing nina shrugs back into her seat and says she's hungry. 

parker makes a face, but relents all the same. they're still ahead of schedule. and besides, they should eat something anyway. 

"y'know," she says when she hands nina her sandwich. the smell of fresh sausage quickly fills up the car and makes her mouth water. "you don't hafta drive if you don't wanna. like, i can. i just..." she waves her sandwich around for emphasis, "don't want you thinkin' you gotta or i'll be mad or some shit. like, it's cool to say no, y'know?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 10:56:13 GMT
nina larson Avatar

parker’s face had no effect on her, except the tiniest raise of her brows. she was waiting. the sandwich was eagerly taken, and she muttered, ”thank you sal.”

there was no hesitation, and she was already mid-bite when parker was… what was she doing? it was a little like babbling, which—though she hadn’t know parker for long—seemed unlike her. her brow furrowed, now, over at her. she swallowed.

”no, i wanna drive. i’m gonna win. i dreamt about it.”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 3:19:51 GMT
parker jones Avatar

"aw, ain't that just sweet," parker coos at nina's very good manners. she doesn't push it more than that. she gets it. she might be filthy and she might be as emotional as a brick, but she's worked gentlemen's clubs - men with their wolfish teeth, thinking they're owed beating/bleeding hearts. 

and more painful still are the ones meant to protect them, turning when gratefulness is equated with belonging. davina was one of those girls. and her sister was too. 

moodily, she takes a bite of her own sandwich, but then raises a brow at nina, good-natured smile coming back fast as a whip. 

"yeah? fuck it then. we're gonna win."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 21:52:20 GMT
nina larson Avatar

she glared as she chewed, periwinkle brows scrunching against the tips of long lashes.

”just because you’re rude…”

breakfast was finished up quickly enough, and then it was time to speed on out of that garage and begin her new legacy as a champion racecar driver.

eyeing down at the shifter, she noted something. it was different than last time.

”hmm...”

pressing her foot down, they began to roll forward, and she scrambled. ”wait—shit—!” a squeek, and they lurched, and then braked. ”why are there three pedals?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 4:08:24 GMT
parker jones Avatar

the car rolls. her baby rollllllls. and her blood pumps in anticipation. she jerks upright in her seat, wild grin on her face, but then confusion crashes into her, and then she nearly crashes into the dashboard. her hands come out on the dash instead, steadying her, and she breathes shallowly, heart racing. 

blinks once. twice. and bursts out laughing. 

"you - you fucking," she starts, but cuts herself off because that is just too damn funny. how fucking long had they been working on this godsdamned car? and she's just now noticing the clutch?

she kicks open the passenger door and lopes over, hitching her fingers under the driver's side handle. "it's a manual car, nina. i'm makin' an executive decision here. i can work magic, but ain't no way in hell ya learnin' stick a few hours 'fore the race."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 4:16:10 GMT
nina larson Avatar

“what?”

but parker was already getting out of the car. nina was quick to react. ”ugh.” her eyes followed her as she came around. ”but i wanna drive!”

parker was soon standing there, and as her fingers curled around the handle, nina held the door shut, still talking through the window up at her. ”i’ll pick it up. i’m a quick learner!” a moment, and then her palm came up to slap down the lock.

”it’s my destiny, parker!”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 2:50:04 GMT
parker jones Avatar

parker's fingers grasp the door a second too late and her brows furrow. she tries the door once, twice anyway and then gives it a good shake, knuckles rapping on the door while nina looks churlishly up at her. 

"it can be your destiny tomorrow, nina!" she says, exasperated. they gotta get on the road and get some time under their belt before the race. or there's no way they're beating that golden-haired fox. 

but, oh, wait - what's she doing? she had wolf take the back window out. so she skirts quickly around to the back of the car and dives through, drags herself up to the back of nina's seat and wiggles the rest of her way in with a grunt.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights