672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
pedals to the metal [c/m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 23:42:20 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she stared, the correction in her eyes. when offered an apology, it softened, leaving her looking pleased by the domestication. that hadn’t taken long. plus, she wasn’t going to be staying alone in a city looking for her.

”cool. thanks.”

about the supersoaker, nina shrugged.

”you told me to make it look real. that’s what i’m good at.” faking it. you had to make things look convincing.

”who would think you'd willingly agreed to that?” there was a slick smile on her face, one that told of other motives. the truth was, parker had annoyed her so she’d taken advantage of the situation to take an easy shot.

waving the gabite goodbye for now, nina gradually stepped closer to the door as their departure for food was imminent.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 0:21:18 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker stares at her back as she politely holds the door out for her - first the interior garage door and then the shop's front. she draws her keys out and locks up, shoves her hands right back into her pockets as they walk because fuck if it isn't freezing. amulius would be a welcome companion right now, but she hasn't counted herself off the radar just yet. 

"ha-ha. well, just remember - us debt collectors always get our due." her tone has a teasing lilt to it. 

the walk is short and brisk. they shave off a couple of minutes just by proxy of parker freezing her ass off. once inside, she shivers into the warmth; one of the waitresses is already there holding her to-go back, smiling that sweet smile of hers. 

"thanks, mils," she says and fishes out her bills. millie looks at nina reproachfully, gaze sliding only when parker raises the money to her. they exchange goods and parker winks.

back outside, the smell makes her mouth water. she looks at the receipt and nods appreciatively. "nice. shoulda said something. their burgers are fuckin' fantastic." 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 1:05:51 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina would seem entirely oblivious to parker’s discomfort, but she could feel the cold too, and wrapped her arms around herself.

her gaze passed to meet parker’s teasing look, casting one back, a sly smile that might’ve read ’try something’.

”hm.”

once inside, nina smiled politely at the waitress as they collected their food, though her face went confused at the return. no matter, as they were back outside soon enough.

and the burgers smelled amazing.

”cheap burgers are always the best.” everyone knew that, though.

”so what was mils’ problem?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 20:45:52 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"literally," she agrees. she shoves a hand into the bag and snatches a couple of hot fries to scarf down before closing it back up - don't want it getting cold before they can really dig into it. her chewing slows when nina prods her and she chuckles before swallowing. 

"you caught that, eh? don't mind millie; she's all jealous looks and no bite. 'cept i think she stabbed someone once, but that's neither here nor there." she shrugs and shoots nina a wry smile. "she probs thinks you're my new beau."

parker snorts and picks up the pace. "fuck, it's cold. c'mon."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 6:48:27 GMT
nina larson Avatar
of course she’d caught it. the woman had glared right at her, with no attempt to hide it.

”oh. that makes sense i guess.” a pause. ”still rude.” maybe parker had bad taste in women. somehow, that would make sense to her too.

nina walked faster at parker’s hurrying, ever-reluctant to follow orders, but cold and hungry enough not to protest.

soon enough, they had made their way back. a small wave of anxiety washed over her as they approached the building, a conditioned preparation for the trap that might possibly lie ahead. habitually, she took mental note of what pokémon she had on her, and where the doors and windows were on the building.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 2:46:08 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"i think it's charming," parker says with a snicker. she's shivering to the bone by the time they make it back, though luckily without incident. she thanks fate for the good fortune and breathes into too-cold fingers. 

wolf had dutifully taken a nap while they were away and he stirs sleepily. he takes his time getting to his feet, but hastens when he smells food. parker tosses him a couple of her fries and then breaks out the boxes, sliding nina hers. 

then she sweeps the plans off the desk and plops her food down, grabs a rogue pokeball with a flame etched into its side and releases it. at her order, the cyndaquil's back lights up with a low spark and helps warm her up. 

in the back corner of the room, she fiddles with an old keurig maker. has to press the top open a couple of times to get it to unlatch. "'kay. i'm makin' a brew 'cause i'm stayin' up. wolf can probably go snag you a blanket from somewhere. otherwise, you can learn how to put a car together tonight."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 7:05:47 GMT
nina larson Avatar
charming. sure.

on the inside, she was quick to take her food and find a spot to eat it. she listened to the options presented to her, mulling them over. sleep didn’t really sound like it would come easily to her that night, and learning to put together a car, surprisingly, did not sound entirely uninteresting.

”okay,” she answered, shrugging. she figured parker didn’t guess she’d go with this option either, and she hoped for the satisfaction of proving any such preconception inaccurate, ”i’ll learn.”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 3:17:08 GMT
parker jones Avatar
with another cup of coffee to hold nina over as well, parker gets them back to work. wolf works his ass off alongside them while kelsier shuffles close, occasionally falling asleep with mutable flames fanning warmth over them. once or twice they need help from their pokemon with some of the heavy lifting, but after hours of work, the car looks less like a sexy hunk of trash and more like a sexy hunk. 

the bruising under them is nothing compared to the giddy glow in her eyes as parker steps back and waves a hand to nina. she sets down her coffee mug on the workshop table, sloshing some of it onto the floor in her haste. 

parker grabs the keys from beside the mug and tosses them at nina. 

"alright. give 'er a go."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 10:37:08 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it was late, but nina wasn’t tired, finding herself immersed in a new skill she had never given much consideration to. after that first lightbulb moment, when something mysterious suddenly made sense, her curious mind was hooked. she wanted to know more.

the key was caught out of the air, and she went to fit it the ignition. it came roaring to life. not knowing what to listen for, she looked at parker for hints.

”how’d we do?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 2:34:40 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"it's so hot. hot 'n sexy 'n fuckin' fan-fuckin'-tastic," she roars as the engine comes to life. a tap on the gas revs it and parker feels it down her spine, sends shockwaves that make her knees twitch. her hips give a shimmy and the short victory dance saps the last of her energy. 

kelsier scrambles out of her beat-up swivel chair before she can smoosh him. her forearms rest on her thighs, back curled, and she dips her head down far enough to draw her fingers through her locks. 

when she comes back up, it's with a face of rapture - chin back, shoulder blades relaxed, lips slack. she exhales.

"and look, thanks to you, we got enough time to pass the fuck out 'til practice." a few hours of practice and then the race.

i'm comin' for you, sea witch.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 4:35:22 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the corners of her mouth curled more at the spicy adjectives. apparently, they’d done an exceptional job, all on no sleep and she with no skills to begin with. at this point, nina was feeling pretty confident. as though she could have very well been a mechanic in another life.

”ugh. good. i’m so tired.” she sighed, turning off the ignition and slumping in the driver’s seat. tomorrow was going to be a big day. would parker put her behind the wheel? maybe, if she did well enough during practice. until then, she’d dream about it, curled up behind the steering wheel.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 23:49:35 GMT
parker jones Avatar

parker snickers when nina falls asleep with her head against the steering wheel. she pats the likewise sleepy cyndaquil beside her. kelsier's little mouth opens wide in a half-asleep yawn. parker stands and rummages around quietly for a blanket. she shakes out (most of) the dust on it and settles it as gingerly as she can over nina's shoulders. 

she thinks, at first, that she might sleep. she's good at falling asleep on command, but the anticipation is making her stomach turn. so she excuses herself from the garage and goes into the candy shop and passes the time by doing push-ups. by restocking the store. by going over budgeting spreadsheets. 

and when dawn rears its glowing head, she goes back into the garage and leans over; the garage door rattles loudly as she yanks it upward. 

"rise 'n shine, sunshine."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 6:09:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
in her sleep, nina drew the blanket closer around her, and in her dreams, she was already winning the race. in reality, she was drooling a little bit from the odd position.

the garage door was yanked up with a loud clatter, and nina startled awake, hitting her head on the steering wheel. ”ow!” her hands went up to hold her head as she leaned out of the door. ”hey.”

a pause, as she realized she hadn’t gone to sleep covered up. ”um, thanks for the blanket.”

she looked around, seeing no sleeping bag, or any other evidence that parker had not just left her there in the middle of the night. ”how long have you been up?”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 18:33:50 GMT
parker jones Avatar

"someone had to keep watch and make sure we didn't have any big bad wolves knocking on our door," she jokes. a knock on the interior door is followed swiftly by sal poking his head in. his grey-white hair is still mussed from sleep and he's swathed in a robe decorate with little pixel lollipops. 

"morning, girls. i made breakfast. no, shut your mouth, park. they're breakfast sandwiches so you can take them to go."

parker winks at nina and gathers her pokeball belt, shrugs on her finally-dried jacket, and slides into the passenger seat. sal has the breakfast sandwiches in hand, wrapped neatly in paper napkins, and throws them unceremoniously in parker's lap before she can shut the door.

"you take it slow out there. go down king's or swallow's. mrs. dubois says she hasn't seen any trouble near her place."

parker stretches out, thanks sal with a glowing smile, and keeps on smiling at his back as he shuffles off. 

"let's take swallow ave. it's closer to the circuit. ready to give her a go?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 21:10:42 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”uh-huh.”

any big bad wolves, and then, speak of the devil, there was… sal. in lollipops. nina eyed the get-up, not daring to comment. it was quickly forgotten at the mention of breakfast. ”oh, thanks sal! that’s sweet of you.”

then, parker was swinging in to the passenger seat. ”hm?” she stared like a deer in the headlights,

”oh me? drive?” she pulled her blanket closer around her. ”mm.” looked out the window and onto the street.

shit.

”okay.”

eyes went to the ignition and she turned twisted the key, but sat there for a long moment before asking, ”but can we eat first?” why die on an empty stomach?

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights