TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 6:39:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

despite how close he was with , it was something of an irony that he and barely know each other. then again, it isn't as if jayden himself is aware of the two's connection, nor is he any more aware of the fact that gavin and are related.

[break][break] jayden's not much of a gossip — anything that isn't related to the organization's darker schemes that isn't extremely popular (such as the unmentionable moment of his mentor and in the training facility, several months ago) often goes above his head.

[break][break] that being said, he hears that is looking for a test subject for her darkrai research and he is more than happy to oblige. after all, his father raised him to be a tool for rocket — and a tool he would be.

[break][break] the ex-beast is handing over the latest collection of crystablooms to a nearby assistant, when he notices the head scientist out of the corner of his eye. deciding now is a good time as any, he walks over to her.

[break][break] "may i have a word, ma'am?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".jayden3"]--accent:#7E4EC3; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; } .jayden3 blockquote img { filter: grayscale(100%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote b, .jayden3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .jayden3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';} .jayden3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayden3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 5:14:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

not to her surprise, few had answered the call. even with clearly stated assurance that the study would not focus on nightmares, and that there would be no evil deity looming over subjects while they slept, all anyone could think of when they saw her name was darkrai. in fact, it was the general understanding across the submarine by now that the crazy head scientist was merely looking for poor souls to drag into perpetuating terror and misery—perhaps even for the fun of it.[break][break]

lulu could no longer always be found at hq, so it was with some amount of luck that jayden caught her.[break][break]

”hm?”[break][break]

her lab coat swished as she turned, heels clicking beneath long black slacks. she regarded him momentarily; he was vaguely familiar. a beast? former beast? someone in the upper brass, at some point in time. usually, these types brought her pokemon. maybe he had something from the distortions?[break][break]

the actual reason he was there was not a possibility that crossed her over-occupied mind at that moment, and so, she was almost dismissive in her tone.[break][break]

”i’m very busy. what’s it about?”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-houndoom"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 5:27:02 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he didn't expect her to know him, considering that it had been a while since he'd ever been around the lab in any type of lengthy capacity. sure, he had met a few weeks ago discussing personal matters and he'd grown familiar with test tubes and vials as such was the nature of his birthright, but for the most part, his only interaction with had been through official meetings.

[break][break] of course, there had been the time that he had wandered past the lab to see her with . but she didn't know about that.

[break][break] "your nightmare study," he said — straight to the point as always. plus, he figured that - considering she was busy, as she'd already said - she might appreciate the brevity. "i am happy to partake, if you are still looking for volunteers."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; } .jayden3 blockquote img { filter: grayscale(100%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 blockquote b, .jayden3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .jayden3 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';} .jayden3 blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayden3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 16:20:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

well, this was unexpected. this guy, if he had been upper brass at some point in time, was valuable to rocket. perhaps it would not be the greatest idea to experiment on him; however, she was very limited on volunteers, and, as previously stated, very busy. too busy—at least for now—to reach out further to the submarine’s population.[break][break]
”i am, yes,” she confirmed, and took a moment of quiet to regard him with questions on her mind. most of all, why was he doing this?[break][break]
”well, i’m assuming since you’ve come here in person, you are… ready?”[break][break]
she could clear her schedule for this.[break][break]
”of course, i’d have some things to go over with you ahead of time.”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 21:35:15 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

as regarded him, jayden remained silent. the rocket head scientist would find little in his amethyst gaze, unreadable as it normally was. his expression was perfectly impassive, as expected as a man who had been raised to be a tool of rocket.

[break][break] "yes, professor, i'm ready."

[break][break] though nikolai cross had been a scientist who had been known to commit similar sins among others, he had never quite breached the line in cutting open his own sons. (even though it had been tempting.) however, jayden had seen enough of his father's experiments to know that he had to be prepared — physically and mentally.

[break][break] he nods in understanding. "what would you like me to know?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 4:49:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

jayden had the face of someone who had seen too many real-life horrors to be afraid of a bad dream. it wasn’t unsettling. the lack of emotion felt familiar. Lulu’s family usually wore the same expression. her lover, even. it was an exterior of apathy that bled deeper to varying degrees.[break][break]
he had made it in this life. ready, however, he most certainly wasn’t.[break][break]
”the study will utilize both the ‘good dream’ mist of musharna and the ‘bad dream’ mist of darkrai. darkrai, as i’m sure you’re aware, is the legendary pokemon associated with darkness and nightmares. its mist is not like musharna’s. it’s stronger, more potent. I’m currently experimenting with varying levels of either kind of mist to determine how long a subject can stay in a ‘good dream’, before it inevitably turns ‘bad’.”[break][break]
she marked the most crucial detail in her explanation with a pause.[break][break]
”once you’re pulled into your nightmare, it would be the worst one you’ve ever experienced. this is the guaranteed outcome, just so you’re aware.”

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 6:57:40 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

darkrai. a mythical beast that jayden had only heard about. he recalled the old scroll that he had found in the woods alongside all those years ago, even if it had only been a fanatical artpiece from a local artist.

[break][break] though she did her best to warn him, the rocket wasn't phased by her warning. even as cruel as the dreams could be — or would be according to her — he was fairly sure he'd been through worse. after all, dmitri was his father.

[break][break] "understood," he said. "i'm willing to do whatever it is to assist." a pause, before he adds, "i did grow up in kanto so i'm at least more well-equipped than some others." alongside and , who battled their own demons. "whatever is necessary, i am willing."

[break][break] a pause, and a wry smile, "well, as long as i don't die."

[break][break] not that he cared — but it would be rather inconvenient.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 8:17:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she listened. he thought himself well-equipped to handle the workings of the deity of nightmares? because of a kanto? there was no amusement, nor sympathy in the way she looked at him.[break][break]

”i see.”[break][break]

what if he did die from a violent nightmare? not here, in this worldly existence, but elsewhere?[break][break]

it was a risk she was willing to take.[break][break]

”good. well, you sound perfect for the experiment, then. i appreciate your participation in advance.” a thank you, in case he didn’t make it back somehow, mentally, swallowed by too much terror.[break][break]

”follow me, please.”[break][break]

she’d lead him through the lab if he complied, to a room lined with a few small beds, made up in white reminiscent of the infirmary. she gestured towards them.[break][break]

”so you’re comfortable.”[break][break]

something like that.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 6:47:20 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

the words of appreciation are acknowledged with a head nod, but otherwise not necessary. jayden didn't need a thank you. to him, this was just yet another tick on a long list of reasons as to why he had devoted loyalty to rocket.

[break][break] if he was not willing to risk his life, then what was the point?

[break][break] jayden follows her into the small room and where there are a few cots set up. he sits himself down on the bed, which creaks under his weight.

[break][break] she looked awfully morose. it almost made him wonder if he should have contacted first to draft his will.

[break][break] "should i lay down?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 0:41:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

morose was one way to describe her, maybe. more than anything, she looked at him with utter transparency. ultimately, despite her bewilderment with why he was here in the first place, jayden was nothing more to her but a test subject.[break][break]

”it’d probably be for the best,” she confirmed to him. ”if not, you’re likely to fall, because… you’ll be asleep.” a blink, and she was reaching for cords with sticky discs on the end. electrodes, to record some of his brain activity. it would help her to know at what point in the test his dream took a turn for the worst.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 8:00:51 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he nods.

[break][break] that made sense.

[break][break] slowly, the bed creaks under the pressure of his weight as he settles himself into it. jayden didn't typically enjoy sleeping in places outside of his home, but he understood the necessity of it. either it being on a mission, in his office, or - in this case - under the watchful eye of one .

[break][break] eyes fluttering shut, he awaits her next direction.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 8:58:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

there were few who might feel at all comforted by the presence of darkrai’s avatar while they slept. however, jayden cross was dedicated. it was dedication that would later be rewarded, come the conception of the uriel program.[break][break]

as he settled onto the bed, she readied a conconction of dream mist in a mask, similar to the one used on .[break][break]

"this mask contains both kinds of dream mist. it will start off pleasant and get gradually worse, but you probably won't remember this while you're under."[break][break]

she reached out to place the mask over jayden's head, assuring him, "i'll be here the whole time, and i'll pull you out if necessary."[break][break]

shortly, then, if he did not protest, the mist would consume his waking thoughts. he'd be pulled under into a deep slumber.[break][break]

the dream would begin as something wholesome and pleasant. a desire, or a fond memory. whatever it was, it was not yet corrupted.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
NIGHTMARISH [s]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 20:30:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: