Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 2
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 19:01:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[attr="class","vanpage"]
[attr="class","vantitle"]HOENN BROADCASTING INC.
[attr="class","vansub"]it's the people's right to know what's going on
[attr="class","vanissuenum"]
[attr="class","vanball"]
[attr="class","vanissuemar"]BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS
[attr="class","vancolorbg"]
[attr="class","vanpicbg"]
[attr="class","vantext"]

A BLACKOUT SWEEPS OVER SOOTOPOLIS CITY

A man, dressed in a clean white suit, appears on the screen. Behind him, a blue monitor detailing the station's symbol, a yellow bolded HBS, occupies the background. His desk remains clean, uncluttered, and brimming with professionalism. Hands folded, a look of urgency in his eyes, the man begins:

"Good Afternoon, Hoenn. I'm Jumin Han, and this is HBS news. Reports have come in that Sootpolis city has gone completely blacked out-- the center of this event taking place at the Tree of Life."

He pauses, taking in a breath through his deepened frown. At that same moment, another image takes up a corner of the screen. There, in a blanket of darkness, a single woman stood, scarlet hair pinned up into a braid and expression tight with professionalism.

"We have on the scene."

The small box now consumes the screen, swallowing the image of the original man completely.

"Thanks, Jumin. As you can see, things are getting pretty intense over here. Rangers have already begun to surround the area, and local trainers coming in from all over the region. From here, we haven't seen much, but there's been nonstop sound coming from the area for the past 10 minutes. Wait-- is that ??"

With a rush of speed, the woman took off towards the large man in black, ready to jab a microphone in his face as any good reporter would.

"Sir, sir-- what do you have to say about the current state of Sootopolis City?"

The councilman turns, slow and steady, towards the woman and her bright camera. Patience rests on his features as he replies.

"Let there be no doubt today that Team Rocket's hubris has placed not only this great city, but the very region itself in danger.

Rest assured, however, as the League is already moving to take action against this oppressive shadow, and will do all that is within our power to put a stop to it.

No matter the personal cost."

Nodding, Penelope pulls the mic from the councilman, ready to reply in her typical journalistic fashion. However, before she could even open her lips, another man came out from the woodwork. Tall, blonde, and professional, the man's natural appearance attracts the camera towards him.

"Team Rocket's hubris? I wouldn't be too quick to judge, councilman, especially not when the League has failed time and time again. Or are we not remembering Mossdeep? Littleroot?

While we appreciate the help, the League's presence is only proving to be detrimental. Step aside and let us do what you have failed to.

We'll protect Sootopolis, its people, and Hoenn. That, I assure you. "

Eyes widening, Penelope looks over at him.

"And who are you?"

" "

Before she could reply, again, a man interrupts her. This time, however, it came from .

"You make an excellent point, Mr. Beckett. But allow me to propose the question that I believe is on the heart, and minds, of everyone watching:

When light once again illuminates this darkness, what will we find at its center? Or perhaps who?

I'll leave that thought to you."

Before much more could continue, the reporter took a step forward, aiming her magnemite's camera towards her and her alone.

"Well, as you can see, there's a lotta mixed emotions coming out right now. Hopefully, we'll get a clearer idea of what's causing this blackout soon. Til then, I'm throwing it back to you, Jumin."

PAID ADVERTISEMENT

If you'd like to contribute an article, please DM @captain with your concept and/or writing! Feel free to also reach out for any HBS related plots, including joining the staff (cameraman, reporter, journalist, photographer, columnist, etc) or IC business propositions!

LEAVE US A COMMENT

[div align="center"][div style="width:350px;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;"][div style="background-color:#1f1f1f;font-family:tahoma;font-size:7.5pt;text-align:justify;padding:40px;"][table style="width:100%;"][tbody][tr][td style="vertical-align:top;width:70px;"][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="http://placehold.it/55x55"][/td][td style="vertical-align:top;"][div style="font-family:courier new;font-size:8pt;font-weight:bold;"]USERNAME // [/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque efficitur lacus quis lacus tempor, sit amet rutrum purus rhoncus.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div][/div][/div]

[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 2
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 0:03:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Strawhat //
I can't even f*cking blink in this country without missing something.
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
leave the money on the table.
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 2
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 14:24:05 GMT
caden maher Avatar
ketaminedrip //
of course the league would use this opportunity to further their own agenda. does anyone know if the civilians are alright? are there medical professionals on the scene?
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 2
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 20:47:30 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
PainterBoy //
Few things are more embarrassing than having a dick measuring contest while people are in danger. Disappointment in both League and Rocket.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights