6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pokémon Riding 201
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 3:26:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Silver Class races were easy for Josh to perform well in, given the fields of mostly amateur and recreational racers, they did not pay enough money to support him. A promotion to Gold Class would do it. He had already been in talks with a sponsor, Shovelware Studios. They were a fairly large indie game developer that appealed primarily to the older generation, scooping up abandoned franchises other studios did not want to continue developing. In the past, Josh had done a lot of contract work for them in the form of beta testing. While it paid the bills, it wouldn't move him up in his career. This contract, though, would.

Last summer, Josh had received a call from Silver Swanna High School in Rustboro, one of their physical education teachers requesting a Pokémon racer for an elective course. Not only could he spread his love of Pokémon racing, but this paid a lot better than his average finish in competition did. Today was the first day he would be demonstrating his skills in front of a class, excited to meet the new faces and pass his skills on to what he dreamed would be a new generation of racers in a few years.

Seeing junior high students playing kickball in the gym reminded Josh of his own high school days. While he wasn't a very good fielder and flew out or fouled out more often than his team would have liked, he had kicked many a game-winning home run when his team was behind. Several curious students stared at him as he walked across the sideline, dressed in full racing gear. He made his way to the gym's annex where the classroom was located. Its south-facing windows overlooked the school's track-and-field area, which is where the practical section of today's lesson would be taught. He opened the classroom door and looked for the teacher, most of the students' eyes focused on the the distraction his entry served.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Twilight      Absol          Good
Aslan         Litleo         Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Ares          Charicard      Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good

Pokémon Pedagogy

{WC: 331}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pokémon Riding 201
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 1:36:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
It was difficult to spot the teacher among the crowd of students, primarily because he wasn't much older than those he taught. Akira was a wunderkind who soared through the battling scene at a young age, eventually burning out like the brilliant star he was. "You're Josh Devlin, yes?" He made himself known now, approaching the racer, pushing his glasses up with a hand. "I'm Akira Hirose." He extended a hand, a cordial gesture

"I understand you'll be giving a demonstration today? The students are looking forward to seeing what someone of your skill is capable of." He offered a polite smile to the rider, before glancing around at the face in the crowd, making sure those he was responsible for were present and accounted. "We're ready when you are."

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#f3182a; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pokémon Riding 201
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 7:00:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The teacher being so young reminded Josh of a grade school teacher he once had. Very young and very short, she was. It was not often that a student could brag that they were taller than their first-grade teacher, but he could. "Yes, that's me. Great to be working with you and your class, Mr. Hirose," he introduced himself as he accepted the teacher's handshake perhaps a bit harder than he was used to. The racer prided himself in his professionalism where his surroundings demanded it; while he had a tendency to get a bit more unprofessional, even ordering on vulgarity in private, he had a filter and knew when to put his communication through it.

While roughly half the class applauded Josh's entry, the other half were distracted in some way or another: some were doodling in notebooks, some were peering into the Poké Balls containing the Pokémon used for their classes, and one was even browsing the Internet on his cell phone despite it being punishable by the issuing of demerits. "Good morning, everyone! My name is Josh Devlin, and I am a Pokémon racer looking to turn pro. If you follow the Silph Cup at all, you might have seen me on TV."

"I think I might have seen you once! You're the big guy with the Manectric, right?" an attentive teenage boy in the back asked without raising his hand. "My brother is a big fan of yours!"

Josh didn't quite know how to react at first, stumbling for a few seconds but playing it cool. "...Yes. Who knows, maybe you'll get to see him?" he teased the young man. He did actually have Saber on his person, and was one of the Pokémon he planned on doing his demonstration with. "Since this is a 200-level class from what Mr. Hirose told me, all of you should have some experience being at the reins of a Ponyta or something similar. I just want to ask by a show of hands. How many of you learn best in a classroom setting like this?" A show of hands indicated about half the class with their hands up, most of them slowly and shyly voting. That made sense; perhaps some of the class had struggled a bit with the 100-level class and wanted a refresher. "And how many of you learn best getting hands-on experience?" was Josh's follow-up question.

The eager half of the class threw their hands into the air almost instantly, some of the younger students crying "Me! Me!" and raising both their hands. Many of the students that were peering into their Poké Balls excitedly had their hands on their release switches, ready to jump out of their seats, go to the track outside, and get their hands dirty.

"It's about an even split," Josh noted aloud. He faced Akira and lowered his voice to just above a whisper. It might have been a bit hard to hear over the students' murmurs. "Mr. Hirose, I think we might need to split them into two groups. Would you be comfortable with giving the less enthusiastic ones a quick refresher? I can take the excited ones outside now and you can send the others out when you're done." If he agreed, Josh would direct his attention to the class. "So for those of you who learn better hands-on, line up in front of the door and follow me to the track. You'll get an all-you-can-eat buffet of hands-on experience!"

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Twilight      Absol          Good
Aslan         Litleo         Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good

{WC: 583}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Pokémon Riding 201
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 22:42:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: