part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 7:23:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GRACIDEA

GRATITUDE IN BLOOM

THIS IS A FIRST FOR HIM: witnessing the GRACIDEA FLOWER bloom. “in due time,” he repeats, as if prophesized. confidence brims from the afterglow of a night tangled in self-satisfaction.

he kneels to examine the white stone.

what do you make of it?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 16:08:14 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Ne M'oublie Pas Fleur
[break][break]
[break]
For her, the awe of a Gracidea's flowering was no longer novel. Yet it did not mean that the flower lacked the same enchanting beauty that captivated her that day with in the Petalburg Woods, and then later with in her own garden, his hibiscus blossoming beside her own.

The Gracidea defied the conventional laws of nature, taking root and unfurling due to its own intangible, unknowable whims. Gratitude, perhaps.

Her emerald eyes shifted focus from its blossoming pink petals to the man who had bid her plant it here so many weeks ago.

"I would hazard a guess that you are grateful for something," she replied simply, her voice relaxed and nonchalant. "Alternatively, the weather is particularly lovely today."

A hand strayed to a loose strand of her golden hair, its immaculate coiffure a far cry from the state it had been in the night before.

"Read the stone," Elisabeth suggested gently, already knowing what it would say and what it would bid him to do.

So many things cycled like seasons in that way, beginning and ending again and again, though no two summers were ever the same.

And so too would 's gratitude be different than others she witnessed, as all gratitude was.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Gracidea Event ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 23:16:39 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

BEFORE YOU, THE STONE LAYS BARE. However, if you were to look closely, you would begin to see the words beginning to etch themselves on the top of the stone. As morsels of stone fall from its pristine face to reveal a simple command:[break]

TO WHOM ARE YOU THANKFUL?

Flowers begin to visibly grow around the rock, curling gently like affectionate bracelets. They curve toward the rock face like arrows.

OBJECTIVE:

STONE WRITING

write a post that has your trainer inscribing the NAME of a character they are thankful to. You may tag another player character, or a significant NPC. Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next alongside your next step.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 18:31:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GRACIDEA

GRATITUDE IN BLOOM

“HM,” is the only suitable answer for her detraction about today’s forecast. at her prompt, fernando forgets the odd blight and steps forward.

to whom are you thankful,” he repeats aloud.

the answer is simple. there’s only one person she’ll learn about. and, in typical fashion, it’s not someone new. fernando keeps that secret much more well guarded. its the same person that drove him to make elisabeth’s night.

which is why he writes her name on the stone.

ELISABETH FIORELLI.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:06:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Ne M'oublie Pas Fleur
[break][break]
[break]
"Seeking to impress me, are you? I thought that was what last night was for."

Breathing that reality into existence untensed Elisabeth, slightly. He'd recognize much of her aloof and distant air from the day that he first came to her cottage, though subtle changes had manifested themselves between the late hours of night and now.

Her eyes didn't meet his the same way; the way she smiled carried the self-consciousness of someone who was aware of being observed, but lacked the ability to prevent herself from feeling seen.

Men didn't usually stay the night. Usually Elisabeth preferred it that way, for this reason.

"Well." Here her voice regained some of its playful levity, teasing. "Let's see if the stone accepts your gratitude, anyway."

And even though she'd seen such stones accept all manner of names in the past, there was a small voice in her that whispered this one could be different.

Because she knew what she was.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Gracidea Event ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 20:43:09 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

THE STONE ACCEPTS YOUR NAME(S). Suddenly, the wind billows around you, carrying with it, the softest spring scent. Petals are cradled in these gossamer gales. Colors swirl around, the displaced flowers like gentle jewels painted by nature's own brush.[break]

The GRACIDEA FLOWER is uprooted. Gently. It beckons for you to take it carefully within your hands. As soon as you do, a path of flowers erupts from the stone's northern face. It extends far and into the air. A magical bridge connects Hoenn to a fantastical place hidden by the power of canonized gratitude.

Follow the bridge. Quickly, before it disappears underneath your feet.

OBJECTIVE:

THE FLOWER PATH

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using A SPEED STAT BOOSTING MOVE to help their trainer keep on the flowering path. after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next alongside your next step.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 8:19:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GRACIDEA

GRATITUDE IN BLOOM

“ONLY IF YOU FIND THE TRUTH IMPRESSIVE,” comes a quick and nonchalant quip. as the wind starts to pick up around them, fernando’s disposition relaxes into a stone face exterior the league has come to accept.

it’s how he faces any and all challenges.

it seems to find you suitable,” he observes aloud.

his first steps up the bridge carry and urgency that understands their time table. a sharp whistle causes his shaymin to appear from behind him, flying past them with a howling TAILWIND left behind.

hm.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 14:49:32 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Ne M'oublie Pas Fleur
[break][break]
[break]
Perhaps you ought to get more impressive taste, was a self-deprecating thought that rose to her lips, but that Elisabeth wisely left unsaid.

The spring winds blew through her golden hair, whisking about her skirts as the floral bridge blossomed into existence, as it had twice before for the florist. Half of her had expected it would not, and something in Elisabeth's expression reflected this in the way it faltered to reveal her naked surprise.

The stone had accepted its truth, so why couldn't she?

She was not used to being the singular focus of someone's attention, even for such a fleeting amount of time as they had shared. It was at once flattering, suspicious, and above all, confusing.

It made the familiar mask wore a relief, in some ways. It made donning her own guise seem the best course, rather than giving voice to whatever residual feelings had been invoked in the intimacy of night.

Elisabeth knew better than most not to trust her own emotions, particularly when it came to her own greatest weakness. It was why her words so often pushed others away, building distance even as she craved the opposite.

"I'm grateful, too." The words came out stilted and awkward, spoken aloud impulsively before Elisabeth could take them back.

She averted her gaze, her footsteps quickening on the bridge before she could finish the dangerous, treacherous thought:

For you.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Gracidea Event ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 4:30:06 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

YOU FOLLOW THE FLORAL BRIDGE. With every step, the flowers spring out beneath you taking root in nothing but air. However, the garden trail behind you disappears. Flowers fade into green bokeh— perhaps, the residue of some fantastical grass-type energy. By the end of this seemingly endless trail, you find yourself seemingly high above the clouds. And in a secluded airborne island.

In its center, the island's field is filled with GRACIDEA FLOWERS, but there are stretches of dirt that are devoid of any plant. Any root. However, something stirs in the flowery abode.

Whatever it is, you are compelled to find it with your own GRACIDEA FLOWER in hand.

OBJECTIVE:

STONE WRITING

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using ODOUR SLEUTH or SWEET SCENT to find the hidden Shaymin. You must also find the Shaymin in the image above. Once you have found it, please DM or PM on Discord or the Site with the location of the Shaymin.

Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 4:51:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GRACIDEA

GRATITUDE IN BLOOM

RUSHED STEPS FERRY THEM to an unexplainable apex. hoenn’s hosted odder occurrences in the past. but none have seemed so harmless.

then we see what our gratitude reveals,” he parries, caution in his approach.

without so much as prompting, his shaymin releases a sickeningly SWEET SCENT. it feels at home. as if long returned to a place it can seldom remember.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 5:41:02 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Ne M'oublie Pas Fleur
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth's eyes followed the little Shaymin as it ran ahead of them both, the familiar SWEET SCENT reminding her of her own gardens far below. A faint smile graced her lips as she witnessed the familiar place, the island of Gracidea flowers bringing countless memories to mind.

With . With . With the very man standing next to her, now.

The sudden urge to pick a flower and tuck it behind her ear overcame her, although she resisted the girlish impulse. Instead she turned to look at her companion, curious at his reaction to this fantastical phenomenon.

Wariness, she realized belatedly. In his stare was the same uncertainty that he had fixed upon the crystablooms that they had witnessed the previous night. A quiet doubt, and a sense of duty and obligation to face that doubt head-on.

"This place won't harm you," Elisabeth said kindly, voicing her knowledge aloud at last as she faced him. "When my Gracidea bloomed, I saw a place like this one. I think... I think it is where this Pokémon is from." She gestured to the Shaymin on the ground, amending thoughtfully, "Or at least, a place of some significance to them."

She let the words trail off here, unsure if they were as welcome or as reassuring as intended. Perhaps she had misread his concern.

Perhaps she simply, for once, didn't know what to say.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Gracidea Event ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 8:11:29 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

A SMALL HEDGEHOG EMERGES FROM THE FLOWERS. Lured or identified by you and your Pokémon's efforts, a Shaymin graces you with its gentle presence. In fact, several Shaymin appear from the kaleidoscope of petals and stem; however, one seems to take the reins by trotting right up to your feet.

The Shaymin raises its snout to the UPROOTED GRACIDEA FLOWER in your hands. With a swift pivot, the Gratitude Pokémon leads you to a stretch of loamy soil. It appears as if the Shaymin wants you to re-plant your flower there...

OBJECTIVE:

TILL THE SOIL

write a post that has your trainer's Pokémon using ROTOTILLER to plant the Gracidea Flower.

Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 23:15:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GRACIDEA

GRATITUDE IN BLOOM

“VIGILANCE REQUIRES CONSISTENCY,” fernando insists. his voice may warm up to her but his body remains rigid. “otherwise, by the time you need it, it’s already too late.

when they manage to find the other shaymin, fernando presents the GRACIDEA FLOWER. it boops it with its snout before turning tail to lead them in further.

careful fingers start to dig into the soil but they lack the depth and delicacy needed to replant the uprooted flower.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 0:04:53 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Ne M'oublie Pas Fleur
[break][break]
[break]

Vigilance? This peculiar role reversal brought a slight smile to her lips, shaking her head with wry amusement. Where was that cautious demeanor all their previous outings? How harmless Elisabeth herself must have seemed, in comparison to these countless Gracidea flowers.

Though to a man who was an Avatar and councilman both, Elisabeth quietly supposed she was.

When knelt down to tend to the soil, it occurred to the gardener suddenly that she had never seen him attempt her trade until now. They had certainly discussed the planting of flowers between one another -- and at great length -- but neither had actually done so in one another's presence.

It was surprising somehow, seeing such a usually confident person struggle with something so seemingly mundane. Endearing, almost.

"Allow me," came Elisabeth's gentle offer as she lowered herself beside him, her emerald eyes level with his dark ones. A hand reached into the satchel that was slung about her waist, procuring a small Pokeball; tossing it revealed a Dugtrio from the sphere's depths.

With a curt nod, she indicated the soil, and the newly-released Ground-type dutifully performed ROTOTILLER. This was something the Pokémon had done countless times in Elisabeth's own garden, and the action came with a natural ease now. The fertile ground rippled with the movement, plowed so that it allowed for a smooth plot of land for seeding.

After withdrawing the Dugtrio, Elisabeth glanced at Fernando for a long moment, before lightly resting her hand on his own. She guided him like this, ever so gently, towards where to plant the uprooted blossom.

"Here," she said encouragingly, holding his gaze.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Gracidea Event ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GRACIDEA
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 9:17:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GRACIDEA

GRATITUDE IN BLOOM

“AH,” is his expression of realization when she squats down next to him. gardening, or any matters of plant life, had always proved to be one of his shortcomings.

i’ve never been good at this,” he reveals when she coaxes his hand forward.

my friend and i would look for specific plants in petalburg woods and i could never tell the difference.” with her help, the seed is planted deep into loamy soil. it reminds him of last night but this time there’s a gentleness that both had lacked. here, they look to grow, not dig.

i could recite their difference without looking at a book but put them in front of me and i couldn’t tell which one was which.