106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
supermagical
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 17:12:54 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Shoal Cave was a known locale of some repute, and not for its palatable terrain. It was, Thomas felt, decidedly off the table as far as a recommended hiking route for his meager ration of daily doctor-meted exercise.

Which is what made it such a desirable place.

Perhaps not one where an adventurer went unprepared. Certainly, one where having a permanent limp and wearing a back brace was inadvisable.

Undeniably mysterious.

Leslie carried his gear while Molly hovered behind, frowning. She did that quite often.
open
ice/ground
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
supermagical
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 20:01:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby had been inside Shoal Cave since daylight broke.

It had become something of a personal project of his: documenting the cave system, it's mysteries and it's changes over time. If he had to elaborate on why he'd chosen to do so, Barnaby would say he liked the solitude and the creatures within the cavern. Since childhood he'd always had an affinity for Ice-types. There was just something about them that resonated with him.

Currently, Barnaby was curious if the dome surrounding Hoenn had any effect on Shoal Cave's inhabitants, as it had on many migratory and sea-dwelling species.

He was sat on a flat-topped boulder taking a break, his champagne-colored VULPIX curled in his lap, when distinctly human footsteps caught his attention. Looking up, he saw a man and two Pokémon approaching from around a corner. They didn't seem overtly threatening, so Barnaby smiled and gave an amiable wave.

"I don't see others this deep in the cave too often."

[ice/ground]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
supermagical
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 5:26:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SNOW CLOAK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEISMITOAD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ECHOED VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GASTRO ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
in the low lamp light i was free / heaven and hell were words to me
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
supermagical
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 16:44:21 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Thomas had enlisted the help of a hiking pole as well as his normal cane, and he had to admit it made him feel rather official; he was buttoned up in a high-collared pea coat, a rarity for Hoenn, and one he was jumping at the chance of wearing again.

He had come around a short curve, pointedly ignoring the pain in his leg and back, when a decidedly human voice distracted him from his suffering adventure.

“I imagine it can be rather daunting to some,” Thomas said, cheerful tone echoing around the cavern, as he fixed the (quite handsome) stranger with a friendly smile. ”Though I find I quite like being daunted.”

Nearby, an object that Thomas took as a rock began to snuffle and move, revealing its true form as a Piloswine. Molly waved a hand and quickly put the beast under the effect of a hypnosis. Thomas raised an eyebrow at the slumbering, porcine lump as he passed it.

"I’m Thomas,” he introduced, “and I do hope I’m not interrupting.”

catch attempt piloswine

ice/ground
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
supermagical
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:40:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Upon hearing the dapper gentleman's comment, Barnaby's guarded smile morphed into an interested smirk.

"Oh?" Cobalt eyes trailed the man from head to toe. Given his Kalosian roots and interest in fashion, Barnaby appreciated the stylish pea coat he wore. The blunt angle of his jawline and sharp cheekbones also weren't bad to look at, either.

"Then we seem to have that in common." He remarked, rising to his feet as the other approached. Castor jumped daintily from Barnaby's lap as he did so, landing lightly on his paws.

"Though sometimes I like to be the one doing the daunting." There was enough of a teasing lilt to his voice that this could be taken as a joke, if desired. A cozy ambiguity.

"Barnaby." He would have extended a hand in greeting, but stopped himself after noticing that both of Thomas' hands were already occupied.

"Don't worry, you're not interrupting. I was just taking a small break before continuing on."

For a moment, his eyes flicked to a blue, gnarled blob approaching them. A SEISMITOAD. If left unchecked, it could be bothersome, so Barnaby released his SHAYMIN to take care of it. The little floral hedgehog packed a punch when he wanted to, and he seemed fairly motivated today. Luckily, he volleyed a SEED FLARE without much prompting.

"If you're heading in the same direction," Barnaby prompted, turning back to the other adventurer and gesturing further into the cavern. "Would you like to walk with me, Thomas?"
catching SEISMITOAD ♡

[ice/ground]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
supermagical
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 0:06:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GABITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DUAL CHOP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BEARTIC APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FROST BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
supermagical
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:08:06 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

‘Dapper gentleman’ was an observation Thomas was going to take to his grave. He did not undergo sixteen years of forced beau monde education to be judged as anything less.

Thomas inclined his head at Barnaby’s greeting, the frivolous warmth not lost on him. He saw the hesitation in the other man’s face and stowed his cane between forearm and hip with practiced ease, extending a hand.

“Charmed,” he said, patriciate Galarian rolling in a similar lure, a color of coquetry in his smile, the coloring of his cheeks. “It would be my pleasure, to join you. I’m sure Molly will appreciate the extra minding touch.” He turned his gaze to his Gardevoir, whose eyes narrowed a fraction.

A Garchomp-- slow in the chill-encrusted caverns-- rose from an ectothermic slumber, forming a delayed roar in the depth of its throat. Molly, again, waved a hand, and the sleepy beast tipped forward and fell onto its chest, sleeping.

After shaking Barnaby’s hand, Thomas used his free limb to toss a Pokeball, which Molly dutifully floated back to him.

“You will have more experience than I, the deeper we go,”
he said, grin still knife-sharp, “please lead on.”

catch attempt gabite

character switching is haaaaaard
ice/ground
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
supermagical
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 2:04:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He received 's free hand with a welcoming warmth, matching the man's grin as he nodded forward. "Of course, as would Castor." Upon hearing his name, the tiny VULPIX exhaled a happy chirp and scampered over to sniff at Thomas' ankle. In the meantime SEISMITOAD had succumbed and was subsequently captured.

With their respective opponents now taken care of, albeit by very different methods, the way was cleared for the two to continue deeper into the cavern.

"So what brings you so far out of the way?" Shoal Cave was nestled within a small archipelago nearest Mossdeep City. It wasn't a place reached easily, and was even less inviting to the everyday explorer. It especially surprised Barnaby to see a man with a cane venturing into what could be considered dangerous territory.

As they conversed, Thomas might have noticed 's wandering eye splitting his attentions. His gaze was slow and meticulous as he scanned the frozen cavern walls - covered in at least a foot of thick ice - and slick ground beneath their feet.

Unfortunately, they were yet again interrupted, this time by two predators - GABITE and BEARTIC. While Thomas lulled the former to sleep much like he had in their previous encounter, Barnaby decided to withdraw his SHAYMIN and release another of his Pokémon instead.

In a burst of azure flames Bellona was revealed. She barely needed more than a simple nod from Barnaby before contending with the larger bear in front of her. It was hardly a fair fight, though, considering the type disadvantage; a well-placed INFERNO was more than enough to subdue the BEARTIC.
catching BEARTIC ♡

[ice/ground]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
supermagical
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 20:41:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAMOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SPORT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PALPITOAD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ASBORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ECHOED VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
supermagical
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 3:41:35 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Thomas gives the little alabaster Vulpix a knowing look, replacing cane in hand, and endeavored to keep stride with Barnaby.

“Why, adventure, of course,” he said, half a laugh. “Though I have been summarily discouraged from doing so. Which means I must, you see.” He tested a curve of stone with his boot, felt confident in the grip of his treads, and stepped. When he didn’t crumple, fall, or plummet to his death, he held his hands out in a there, you see? gesture.

A Palpitoad popped up with a croak, startled by the intrusion. Molly caught it on its flight with hypnosis, and Thomas once more paused to slide his cane under his arm, retrieve a Pokeball, and toss it.

“Not without its qualms,” he said with an apologetic grin, knowing he was slowing the other man down, “but I’ve never been good at doing what I’m told."

catch attempt palpitoad

ice/ground
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
supermagical
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:53:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He saw. And found the other man to be quite charming in his explanation.

Barnaby regarded with an amused twinkle in his eye, thinking that his gesture was rather convincing. "Ah, I see. Not going to let the world get you down, hm?"

To each his own. It was Thomas' body to do with what he wanted, even if that meant placing himself in harm's way. Who was Barnaby to judge? He purposefully faced danger on a regular basis himself.

"And what sort of adventure are you expecting to find within these icy walls?"

While they continued to converse, a MAMOSWINE stuck out in a larger section of the cavern ahead of them. Taking a page out of Thomas' book, Barnaby returned his HOUNDOOM in favor of his beloved PERSIAN.

"Gabrielle. Hypnosis, please, mon chaton."
catching MAMOSWINE ♡

[ice/ground]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
supermagical
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 4:47:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VANILLUXE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD AVALUGG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHARPEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
supermagical
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 21:11:51 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He huffs a laugh, a breath of heated air in the chill cavern. “You could say that,” he allowed, looking down so as not to step into a crevasse or off of a sudden ledge. “Though, ‘the world’ is quite a broad category. I like to aim my vitriol at doctors, mostly.”

He managed to stop speaking just before a strike of pain shot up his leg, which would have choked his words off to the letter. Instead, he just grit his teeth and fought on, and it faded, as it always did.

He’d been like this-- broken, different-- since his youth. He owed much of everything to it. No one would miss a little disabled boy. It was what made him such a desirous target.

“What does any young boy seek in an adventure?”
he counters Barnaby’s question with one of his own. “Treasure, of course. Fame. Renown.” Another small laugh. “Though I’ll settle for the challenge and to go to bed tonight knowing I didn’t spend a day lamenting my capabilities.”

skipping !

ice/ground
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
supermagical
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 21:03:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He did not miss the slight wince, the careful, fleeting pause as pain gripped his walking partner. But Barnaby refrained from commenting or offering aid, as it did not seem like something Thomas would even appreciate.

They continued on, and more and more Barnaby seemed to commiserate with the things spoke of. Truth and desire seeped from every word and the journalist felt himself being drawn in by his raw charisma. Fame, fortune, celebrity. These were all things that Barnaby sought as well.

"Have you ever found the fame and renown of which you seek? Outside of these walls, I mean." He asked, although not in an accusatory way. Renown meant many things depending on the circles one traversed in life. Truly, it was just a roundabout way to probe into Thomas' background.

Meanwhile, their group passed into a large, icy chamber, in which a huge AVALUGG resided. With little else but a nod from her trainer, Gabrielle swiftly leapt forward and went to HYPNOTIZE the frigid creature.
catching AVALUGG ♡

[ice/ground]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
supermagical
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 2:22:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELD DUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DIGLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE AVALUGG!