awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the shape and the point of the tooth [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 18:51:27 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
As Derek walks along the shoreline with his Sobble following close behind, the two of them are trying to find Sharpedo teeth to make themselves both anklets or something. Well, maybe a necklace for the pokemon. It was kind of difficult, seeing as Jonesy needed little teeth to make something small enough for his ankle.

Eventually they cross paths with another person who was also walking the beach. An individual Derek seems to recognize from the Slateport Splashfest.

Who could forget such a face?

"Hey, weren't you at the dunk tank?" Just as he asks, the gym leader is interrupted by Jonesy coming to him with another baby-sized Sharpedo tooth for his anklet.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 19:40:52 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
with splashfest in full swing, annalise wants to soak up as much sunshine and alcohol as she can before it wraps up. she walks along the tide's edge with her mareep, giggling as the little sheep leaps away from a wave rolling in. "aw, it's okay! it's just a little water!"
[break][break]
she bends down to pat her mareep on her woolly head. as she straightens up, she catches a glimpse of a man and his sobble drawing closer. annalise gives him a tight-lipped smile and wave, a passing hello, but he stops to ask her a question.
[break][break]
"the dunk tank?" she repeats. at her side, mareep watches curiously as the sobble returns with something in its hand. "yeeeah. i was."
[break][break]
annalise searches his face for familiarity. after a moment, she snaps her fingers, face flooding with recognition that had previously been absent from her eyes.
[break][break]
"oh, i remember you! um ... sorry for dunking you, by the way. i didn't know my aim was so good until now." she gives him a smile with teeth this time, an echo of the apologetic one she'd given him moments before the cold plunge. [break][break]the longer she looks at him, the more she feels like she knows him from somewhere. gym leadertok? the gym leader whose name starts with a d? daniel? dylan? something like that!
[break][break]
"i don't know if this is weird to ask but, like, are you a gym leader?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + to sink one's teeth ft.

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 20:31:52 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"So that's why I remember you!" That's right, Derek had no choice but to stare her down just before eating the fall. "Well, even if I wish it didn't go down that way, it was a nice throw..." For a girl haha xd He couldn't fault her for winning the little game. It was just hard not to crave the crown that awaited those who struck out three players.

The mention, rather the question of his status as gym leader quickly averts Derek's attention back to the present. "Oh, yeah. I head the gym over in Petalburg City." Assuming that meant she didn't know his name, he quickly offers a hand as a friendly gesture.

"I'm Derek, and this little guy here is Jonesy." Upon being mentioned, the Sobble waves towards Annalise and her Mareep. They seemed nice, so the pokemon stepped out from behind it's trainer's leg to offer the Mareep a handshake.

"We were looking for Sharpedo teeth. Both to sell, and some for ourselves. Care to join us?"
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:35:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"thank you," annalise says, flashing him a playful smile. "i know it was. but hey — if it makes you feel better, i got dunked, like, immediately after i got up there after you. i guess throwing poke balls all day makes the trainers around here really good at aiming, or something."
[break][break]
her eyes light up at his answer. all her time scrolling through gym leadertok has finally worked out in her favor. she doesn't run the gym circuit, so she hadn't really kept up with who's who before gym leaders started going viral. but now look at her and her vague knowledge of political influencers in hoenn.
[break][break]
"ah!" derek. that's the d name she's looking for. she places a manicured hand in his own for a brief handshake, then waves at jonesy. "it's very nice to meet you both! i'm annalise and my little friend here is cornbread."
[break][break]
mareep blinks at the hand offered by jonesy. he sticks a stubby leg out, but it doesn't extend past his head far enough to receive the handshake. [break][break]
"sure!" cornbread settles for turning around and plopping the orb on his tail into jonesy's palm. annalise leans over to search the sand for teeth, but sees mostly fragmented shells and rocks where they're standing. cornbread paws at the ground inquisitvely. "do they sell for much?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + to sink one's teeth ft.

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 1:54:06 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, I suppose it does." Maybe they should change it to a bow-and-arrow type setup to keep things interesting. "Hey there Cornbread. Hope the heats not too much for ya." Seeing the pokemon in all that fluff sent shivers down his spine. Think of all that sweat...

Her mention of the going price is a bit of a hang-up. "Well, they're pretty valuable since they're rare. You either have to get lucky and find them, or uh... Beat them out of the Sharpedo yourself?" It really didn't sound like something people should be doing.

But they did, and that was where Derek decided to capitalize. "I'm not into that unless they attack me out on the water. But since others have been doing it, there have been more and more getting washed ashore." As they slowly paced their way down the beach, Derek managed to spot another one, running over towards the incoming tide to snag it before it could be washed out of sight.

"Ah, gotcha! See what I mean?" Every forty to fifty paces, if you looked hard enough, you just might be able to find one. "Here, you can have this one." It was of a considerable size, definitely worth selling, or keeping if she was into the idea.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 18:32:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise's smile fades as describes two methods of acquiring these rare, valuable teeth: find them, or knock them out of the mouth of a sharpedo yourself. even though he assures her he's not the type to do that, just imagining other people doing it makes a frown threaten the flat corners of her mouth. [break][break]"oh ... "
[break][break]
she supposes (or becomes a gold medalist in mental gymnastics) that sharpedo teeth grow back — and they're better off in derek's pocket than in the hands of people who seek them out by force — so she follows him along the shoreline. [break][break]he breaks away from their formation to chase something into the surf. annalise watches curiously as he returns with a serrated tooth. she holds her hands out to accept the gift. [break][break]"aw, thanks!" she turns it over in her hand, the pad of her finger grazing the sharp, curved edge. "i've never seen a sharpedo tooth before. well — actually, i guess i've seen ones at gift shops, but those are bleached and, i dunno, fake looking? this is really cool, though!"
[break][break]
annalise shows it to her curious little sheep before putting it in her pocket. she's going to keep it — it's an ethically-sourced gift from a new friend, after all! "okay, cornbread! let's help them find these teeth!"
[break][break]
flashing a smile at derek, she puts her head down and starts looking for teeth. her mareep is a low rider, so he finds one first, pointing out a small one to jonesy with an excited blink of light off the end of his tail.
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + to sink one's teeth 

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 3:19:58 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, some places like to clean them up. I guess they think jewelry should always shine, no matter what it is." For Derek it was that rough, organic look to them that made it more appealing. And a little more obvious he'd found and made them himself.

People who paid for the sort of thing were suckers.

When her pokemon helped Jonesy locate another small tooth, Derek acknowledges it by instructing the Sobble to be polite. Now say thank you." Gesturing towards the Mareep before giving it a hug, Jonesy made sure they knew it was appreciated.

"By the way—" Derek turns his head over to Anna as they continued walking. "You know I'm a gym leader, but what do you do?" Hopefully it wasn't a rude question, or embarrassing for her to answer.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 15:42:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"hmmm." 's explanation settles with her. annalise likes shiny, polished accessories, but that's why she wears gemstone necklaces and not, well, something like this. even though he doesn't voice his opinion on how the teeth should look, the two of them fall on the same wavelength. "yeah, i guess so. kinda takes away from the vibes of having shark tooth jewelry, though."
[break][break]
annalise pauses her shark tooth search to watch jonesy thank cornbread. a tiny "awww" squeezes out between her lips as the sobble wraps his arms around him. mareep lets out a little baaa in return. as the two pokemon break apart, she looks up at derek with a smile. "he's so polite."
[break][break]
as expected of a gym leader's pokemon ⁠— if anyone should know how to curtail bad pokemon manners, it should be him.
[break][break]
she picks out a tooth and washes the sand off it with the tide. it's not terribly small, but it also definitely isn't the size of the tooth derek gave her. he pulls her attention back to the sand, eyes practically glowing with enthusiasm as he asks her what she does.
[break][break]
"i'm a ranger!" the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed kind, if the tone of her voice is anything to go by. she crosses back over to him and offers him the tooth she found. "i joined, like, over a year ago now."
[break][break]
annalise anticipates the follow-up question most people press on her. the idle how do you like it? that could make her talk for days. she gives him the cliffnotes version: "it's been really rewarding so far!"
[break][break]
and fun, aside from a few dark spots.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 9:39:58 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Oh, thanks." Derek accepts the tooth and pockets it with the rest of them. At Anna's mention of rangerhood, he can't help but wonder. "Rewarding, huh?" She must not have had very high expectations. "How so?"

Other than the extra bit of money, Derek didn't see it as doing the region much good. Specifically the human portion. As for the pokemon, sure, working as a ranger did a lot to help them. "Are we talking money or something else?"
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:33:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"i mean, the money's fine." she has three roommates, so most of it turns into disposable income once bills are divvied up. "but no — i don't mean the money, i mean the work itself is rewarding. especially in times like these where so many pokemon are scared and confused and losing their homes for one reason or another, i'm happy i can do things to help and, um, advocate for them."
[break][break]
there are dark spots mottling her career, of course, but there's so much good to be done as a ranger. plus, it's straightforward and less messy than what officers deal on the people-front. she looks away from , gaze returning to the monotony of sand and broken shells in front of her. [break][break]
"ooh! i found another one, i think!" annalise bends down to collect, dusting the grit out of the grooves of a worn sharpedo tooth. another offered tooth, presented with a breezy smile and a bright, "here you go!"[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 8:38:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: