Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
the zombification of chu-e choi
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 2:59:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e Choi died.

That's a fact that many have known for months.

What Chu-e knows is screaming.

One moment he was trying so desperately to protect .

When had took a dive into his head it was fucked. Psychic influence of a parasite making the dream-scape strange and terrible. Chu-e hadn't seen what she saw. Yet, it's like he's there now. Trapped in a dream world. Before, Chu-e had always complained that it felt like a weight in the back of his mind. Something he couldn't touch but was watching him; like something on the other side of glass he couldn't push against.

Now he's on the other side. He pushes and pushes and screams but nothing happens. The space shrinks and shrinks and shrinks. He screams louder as snatches of visions, hazy and cruel, slip through his fingers. Standing in a dark alley way and speaking but it's not him. Fingers digging into the flesh of a tree. He screams and screams and tries to push against the crushing force trying to snuff him out of existence.

But Chu-e Choi has always had a will of iron.

So weeks after being found where the Tree of Life once stood, Chu-e Choi wakes up.

There is a dullness when his eyes finally crack open. Gummy and slow, he stares dazed and empty minded at the ceiling. An alarm beeps at his side, frantic. Where before it was all screaming now it's like wading through a thick mud. For a moment, Chu-e doesn't know who he is. Doesn't realize who might be around him.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 3:44:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's never liked the smell of infirmaries - Sterilised bandages, alcohol swabs, numerous drugs with uses she barely understands. And beyond all that, the beeping:
[break][break]
Endless, monotonous, always that same slow rhythm. It signifies stability, something that she's so desperately yearned for. It signifies her hopes, fragile and tethering on the edge. It brings back memories and makes her sick to her very core.
[break][break]
At some point, she grown used to it. Always there in the background as she writes her plans for the day, always there as it weaves into the stories that she tells, always there even as she drifts off to sleep. Save for the occasional bathroom breaks, she hasn't once left the room he stays in; Not even to get herself food through the day.
[break][break]
It's mundane, it's quiet but it's where she's most at peace. Her own injuries have faded into mere scratches and little scars, her nightmares no longer plague her when he's around.
[break][break]
At least, until the rhythm breaks.
[break][break]
She's wide awake, her attention snapping from her storybook to the monitor as she tenses. Is he okay? What if he's slipping away? When she tries to speak, there aren't any words - Nothing that comes to mind on how to react, who to call for help. All she can do is move to his side, reaching for his hand and trying to hold it tight.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] ||

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 11:52:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin hasn't been well since the Darkest Day. From nearly losing his fiancé to the wrath of his shadow Pokémon to the numbing discovery that Chu-e Choi was, in fact, alive, to the terrible state that the city of Sootopolis is in...

He'd stayed in the infirmary as long as his schedule would allow in the aftermath, straying from 's bedside when sleep claimed him to check on the status of his once-best-friend. (What were they, now?) There hasn't been a change. Only the monitors with their slow, steady beeping affirm activity in the brain, in the heart. But was it Choi, or the parasite?

When Temp was discharged, Gavin is here even less. There are always other things to do.

But he orders them to alert him if there's any changes... so when opens his eyes, Gavin gets a notification on his phone.

He's there in minutes, though the time elapsed offers opportunity for father-daughter reunion before he enters. When he does, Rocket's underboss is silent and somber, lingering back from Choi's bedside with an air of something like trepidation.

He still bears scars from when his best friend had tried to kill him.

When Gavin speaks, it's with caution. (Not hope.)

"That you in there, Choi?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 13:59:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The brain reboots.

After so long of his body being piloted by something else, Chu-e is unfamiliar with it's workings. The air filling his lungs and the stretch of his chest is off. The weight of clothes and blanket strange. His hair sticks to his face and tickles but he can't remember how to move his hands.

It's not paralysis. It's slotting back into the body he was denied access.

At first he doesn't really register that is there. Eyes, though open, just stare listlessly at the ceiling. Like nothing is there at all yet not with the same emptiness as when Necrozma would try and force control.

Her small hand squeezes and he feels that, though, and a weak hand tries to grip back. His fingers are clumsy. Eventually he's able to remember how to move his eyes, to slide them over to take in her sweet face.

Enter .

His body is lagging. Chu-e knows, vaguely, what he wants to do. It's a computer running a game to advanced. The metaphorical fans are running hot as synapses try to fire. He pushes his 'up' key but the game does nothing to comply, so he's frozen and waiting for some response. That also doesn't account for the fog still in his brain as memories try and catch up. From the very moment he could process memories until now, his twenty eight years of life trying to explode all at once into reason and sense.

Chu-e doesn't answer with words. After a long, to long, pause his mouth opens.

Words try and form, something like a groan, but it catches. He starts to cough instead. Something black dribbles from his lips as the gunk dislodges.

A headache starts to pound and he closes his eyes again, vision growing fuzzy. For a moment it seems like he might have went back to sleep.

"Wha' happa?" Slurred, as he tried to take control of his tongue, process what words mean again.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 14:13:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]What is she supposed to do here? After all those nights of praying, looking at shattered photo frames and staying up until she finally passes out - She'd always hoped for this, but now that it's been given, she has no idea how she should react.
[break][break]
She misses his warmth, that gentle grip that reassures her that he'll never leave. She misses his gaze, always filled with tender love and forgiveness. She misses his voice, those words that put her mind to rest.
[break][break]
When life has taken from her, she has been taught that it can never be returned. Death has hammered it time and time again that she should let go, that she needs to move on or be destroyed by the memories. Of course, she should be happy to see this, shouldn't she? Filled with relief, excitement, overflowing with hope once more.
[break][break]
"I'm sorry..."
[break][break]
But beyond anything, it's guilt that wracks her being, words that she's always wished she could say that spills out.
[break][break]
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I-"
[break][break]
She hiccups, she's trying to hold it back but there's no more stopping the tears.
[break][break]
"I didn't mean to do that! I didn't mean to... I never wanted that to happen..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 14:27:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Don't trust it.

It hurts, to be so guarded around a man he'd once entrusted his secrets to. He may never have told Chu-e his name, but he'd told him of his siblings and his childhood in Galar and his deep, turbulent feelings about the ones he loved.

Instinct wars with itself, on one hand begging him to rush to Chu-e's side and on the other urging him to leave. He is out of range of Necrozma's strangling crystal tendrils, far on the other side of the room, but he does not feel safe.

Would he ever feel safe with Chu-e again?

That's not him.

It's Eris' tears that move him, emotionally and physically; he strides closer to place a bracing hand on her shoulder. He can't find the words, but the sharp look he shoots the creature in the bed speaks for him: hurt her and perish.

"What do you remember?

His voice is colder than it's ever been.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 15:56:30 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Tears spill down 's cheeks. is frigid as a glacier. Chu-e still responds slow, defrosting.

Eris first.

It takes great effort. More than it probably should. Muscles learning how to flex again. His hand and arm trembles as he lifts it. Her cheek is cupped. Chu-e tries to be gentle, he really does, but the lack of coordination sees him touching her with slightly more force than needed.

"Shhhh...." Whispered and wheezy, his lips twitch as he tries to smile for her.

Distantly, he tries to look up at Gavin. His thoughts and memories are confused. What was the last thing he remembers?

"Silph." Even in his state he hisses it out. If he had the energy, anger would still roil in his gut.

But it doesn't, and something about that is more worrying than anything else.

There is another long pause. His hand drops from Eris' cheek. Chu-e takes a deep breath, bracing himself. Then he surges upwards. Sitting up on the bed, he lists dangerously to the side before he's able to right himself. The other two would see he looks kind of ill, eyes squeezed shut, but eventually he just belches (rancid) and sighs.

"What happened... ugh..." There is an audible 'pop!' as something in his jaw shifts. Like rust wearing off a machine. "What happened... to me?"
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 1:28:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Suspicion, wariness, dread - She can feel those emotions emanating from Gavin, knows she should probably carry a hint of it herself should she wish to survive. But she's tired of losing, she's tired of being distrustful. Would it really hurt her to be a little selfish and believe in fairytales for once?
[break][break]
's grip is a little harder than usual and she flinches a little, but slowly eases into it. He's just getting used to moving again, she's convinced as he smiles and tries to comfort her, her blubbering reduced to quiet sniffles.
[break][break]
Silph.
[break][break]
She hates how that name lingers on his mind even to this day. Even as Chu-e suddenly snaps up, precariously balanced on his bed and sickly... Even after she'd stabbed him and brought him to his knees, still haunts her every waking moment, the scar over her left eye stinging at the rushing memories.
[break][break]
"He killed you..." She whispers, "He killed you and told me you deserved to die... that he'd do it again..."
[break][break]
He'd racked her brain with the idea that she was a horrible person for ever loving Chu-e, made the guilt of causing his death fester in her mind. He'd led to 's downwards spiral, the house filled with alcohol and painful silence.
[break][break]
"When you died, your body just... disappeared. A- and I thought you were gone forever..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 20:08:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Silph.

Nothing else? Not the way he'd wrapped his hand around Gavin's throat and tried to take his life? Not the gradual decline of his personality into something less than human? Gavin's eyes are narrowed, lips pressed tight.

He killed you, Eris says, speaking of Silph, but Gavin spits, "Necrozma."

It had been Walsh to provide Gavin with a name for the thing he'd come to loathe.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 22:20:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A gentle little 'shh, shh' was echoed back to . His hand dropped and Chu-e tried to pull the girl into a hug, onto the bed with him for some father-daughter cuddling she probably needed. It was less than effective given his weak state but hopefully she would get the idea and be able to help on her own, if she so chose.

"I'm here now." Was promised, quiet.

seems more intend on ending him (again) than seeking some sort of comfort in his safety. It confuses Chu-e; yet from what he can remember of his treatment of his friend for the last few months (because, to him, the actual death was mostly a blank or confusing blur) he can understand the reasoning.

As weak and pathetic and needing some TLC as he is right now, Chu-e still does his best to meet the other's hard stare. Pout up at his friend with something like indignation.

"Stop looking at me like that and give me a hug, Gav. I've been out for... what? A week? And you treat me like this?"
The arm further from Eris opens in an offering to the other man.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 10:40:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Why is evil ever given a name? Something so precious to it that can send chills down her spine and haunt her dreams for days to come. It's lodged into her mind now - The name Necrozma is painted in a hideous blood red that begs for her attention.
[break][break]
She lets herself get pulled up with his motions, gingerly clambering onto the bed and giving him a hug she's long held onto.
[break][break]
"Not a week," she murmurs. "Months... you were gone for so long... the grunts started growing more hostile when you weren't around... Leon started drinking every day... the house was so quiet... "
[break][break]
For good reason, her mind whispers but her heart still holds onto lingering resentment and fear in the wake of those days. Sensing this, Reiner finally rouses from his slumber, brushing up to the other side of the bed and resting his head against Chu-e's arm.
[break][break]
"It was bad... really bad..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 19:41:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You've been dead for a year."

Not quite, but the mere difference of a couple months makes little difference to Gavin. He had grieved his lost friend, shattered by the death of a man he'd lost months before the finality of his end.

Necrozma had taken him while he was still breathing.

Gavin doesn't step forward to accept the embrace as Eris does.

"You tried to kill me. More than once."

I'm not taking that risk again.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 4:28:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A nod is given to Reiner, hand lifted for a quick pat of the Luxray's head.

The arm offered to drops. A shark intake of breath.

"A year." His grip tightens on . Vision blurs as the information sinks in. So long. It had been so long.

Blinking his vision back, he really looks at Eris and Gavin. Eris has new scars. The lines of Gavin's face are a little deeper, harsher.

Chu-e takes this all in and a cold chill and panic runs up his back. Something acrid and hot festers up the back of his throat. This reaction because.... because....

Chu-e realizes he doesn't feel anything about it.

Not one way or the other.

It's different from a lack of care. It's different from his own mental illnesses and trauma putting a mental block there. Chu-e could still feel, that was never gone, it was always just disconnected and disjointed. He had to make a more concentrated effort to do things as simple as love; which he always felt made it more special when he did.

Now was nothing. There wasn't even an emptiness there. It was just.... nothing.

The wrongness of it is what makes him choke. The panic spreads; natural bodily functions couldn't be erased. A sob leaves him, hand coming to cover his mouth as fat tears start to fall down his cheeks. That feels unnatural, too. Just a reaction.

"A year." Sniffling, he pulls Eris closer to his chest, tries to nose against her head. Warm tears would drop onto the girl's head.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 23:50:49 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's no stopping from pulling her in for the hug. There's barely any energy or will in her to just pull away and succumb to the doubt that Gavin has. If she dies, it's just because she placed far more trust in him than she should have.
[break][break]
In a sense, it would be far more comforting to be put to rest by someone she knows.
[break][break]
In a twisted sense, she would finally be able to convince herself that Rocket had been lying to her all along.
[break][break]
She doesn't even move to brush the falling tears, merely leans in and takes in that ever familiar scent, now tainted with the faint saltiness of saline and bitter medication.
[break][break]
"Do you still feel it though?" Questions that should be answered seek answers even in this atmosphere. "Is that weird voice still in your head?

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 22:38:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin only grows colder, icier, as his friend falls apart.

He knows it should be sympathy and regret that he feels, urging him to the man's bedside, but Chu-e's utter lack of a reaction to the reminder that he'd tried to kill Gavin multiple times seals the fate of the underboss' frigid demeanor.

He doesn't give a fuck.

He's on the verge of turning to leave the room when Eris' question gives him pause. Yes, he'd like to hear the answer to that, too.

There was a voice in his head?