1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 20:36:23 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] after meeting with summer and learning about ollie, sam was left to reflect. not just on the information about ollie, but on … well, on everything.

on the fact that ollie was a monster like sam and that’s the only sort of love knox knew. on how knox had gotten addicted to these substances to deal with being with ollie. about how maybe he would need those substances to deal with being in a relationship with sam, too.

what if he did? would it be better if they weren’t? but they didn’t want to be, either of them. they wanted to be each other’s everything for all of eternity. the only reason sam hadn’t bought knox a ring yet was because he couldn’t manage to get his hands on a piece of meteorite stable enough to put a space gem in yet.

yes, he’s looked into it. no, he hasn’t told anybody but his mother. to whom he was having it sent… which was another thing; would they ever go and see her?

all of this reflection had been done while unpacking his things in ‘his’ bedroom of the prescott manor. his room where most of his things went. to be honest, it was rather bland, compared to probably knox’ room or even summer’s. because sam had few things to his person that he considered his.

a true minimalist.

about a hour before knox would be getting home, sam had plopped onto knox’ bed and looked around his room. he’d gotten up and fiddled with things before turning on some music and laying down in his bed. the bed they’d laid on during that party… memories of that night played through his mind like a movie while he listened to the music and tried to think things through, think them over.

he was beginning to get a migraine.
[attr="class","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 21:28:50 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

and on the way back, he comes down and he spirals. he docks the boat listlessly, thinking of all the ways he can and should punish himself. the harbormaster tells him he can't just leave the yacht there, that he has to pay for it, and he just kind of stands there, staring, pupils still dilated. until the gibberish becomes something resembling english; he throws him the rolled up hundred, tells him he'll be back in a day or two.

it doesn't really matter if the boat is impounded. fees are just nuisances for the rich. 

it takes hypatia a bit of time to get back, but he doesn't mind. on the way home, he picks up a scone from some coffee shop, but ends up dumping it in the trash, half a bite taken out of it. 

it's on the last leg home that he's seeing mt. pyre in his head and when hypatia shakes her head and paints a watercolor portrait of the prescott manor, he frowns. looks down at the ground. has to shrug off the anxiety that he swears is from the comedown. 

hypatia puts her hand on his shoulder and gives it a squeeze. a small healing pulse soothes what she can and then they're whisked away. 

she brings him just inside the foyer and he puts his hands in his pockets, nods her off instead of returning her to her ball. when he crosses the floor, on his way to the stairs, he looks back at the spot on the floor where merrick had stood over him, ring ripping through his skin. 

breaking his nose. his ribs. 

coming back here wasn't a good idea. but was staying on mt. pyre an option either? when it was killing him? and what about summer? alone in this empty house with awful memories of her own. 

he takes the stairs up two at a time and rounds the corner, but slows as he approaches his room. music's playing from behind the door. fingers curl. he almost knocks, but that's crazy. instead, he nudges the door open and pokes his head in first.

"hey," he says and looks around at the measly boxes sam left just beside his dresser. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 21:33:48 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] the moment he hears knox’ voice, sam sits up. ”kno—“

pain.

”oh, ow…”

it’s the sort of pain that begins in how quickly he’d sat up and caused his migraine to come back and doubles when he realizes he’s skipped a dose of pain medication.

oops.

reeling in the pain, he looks to knox with all too happy a smile and stands up, far more slowly. he has on a pair of boxers and a comfortable hoodie, because he can’t be bothered to wear adult clothes or tighter clothes when he feels like shit.

”welcome home.”
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 21:41:59 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

sam's looking at him happily, but there's a tightness around his eyes, a drawn tug to his lips. knox's gaze wanders over him and settles on his shoulder. it isn't hard to put two and two together, especially when it looks like knox woke sam up from a nap. 

welcome home. his shoulders sag a little, but mostly out of relief. because with sam, he is home. in this bubble, he's home. so he steps closer and wraps one arm loosely around sam's waist. the other goes to cup his cheek.

already, he's spinning the story in his head. that the dye job took longer than he thought. that he bought a boat and docked it, but he never made it out. he never went out to sea and he never threw everything away. 

"you feeling okay? hurt?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 21:48:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] the way knox comes close has sam’s shoulder’s relaxing. one hurts more than the other with this motion but he ignores it, expertly. pain is something he’s often been able to ignore.

”i’m alright. if i remember my medication, it doesn’t hurt as badly. just tingles and itches mostly. i think i strained it too much today,” he tugs at knox’ hand with a smile, his other hand moving through knox’ hair as he notices it physically, not just mentally. ”i unpacked a bit.”

a bit? he unpacked his whole room that wasn’t in knox’ room, the room he leads knox into, shows that he really doesn’t have much to his name but that it did get unpacked and he is ‘moved in,’ officially.

”just have the boxes in your room, left. didn’t know where you wanted to put my clothes or anything… i like your hair.” it seems abrupt, and like he’s changing the topic, but he runs his hands through it again. ”almost as much as the outer space hair you had.”
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 21:59:52 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

"if you remember," knox repeats, somewhat amused, somewhat concerned. does sam forget anything? he never thought it possible. but maybe even after enough pain, even the walking computer has trouble rebooting. he looks up at the hand as sam runs is through his hair and then back down to the boy in front of him. 

"mm, that's too bad though," he says, because sam knows what playing with his hair does. and he's a sucker for the dressed down casual look. 

he follows dutifully, but stays in the threshold rather than stepping in the guest room. well, sam's 'room' now. he recognizes bits and pieces from sam's place in mt. pyre and it makes him sad all over again. 

everything is going to change

knox bites his lip when sam switches so abruptly again. and then, very gently, he tilts his head and kisses sam's lower lip. rests just his fingertips on sam's waist. 

"been too long since a touch-up." he pauses. "thought it'd be a nice change."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:06:40 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] there is something in the way knox bit his lip that has sam … concerned. not worried, not paranoid, just, concerned. because it looked like a something that knox doesn’t want to talk about, but should. so he doesn’t press. he just accepts knox will likely not mention it and instead knows just what to do.

help distract.

the kiss starts it, but the way sam puts his hand on knox’ side, lingers his touch there and plays with the hem of knox’ shirt, shows that he’s happy knox is in his space. knox is the only person that sam is happy to have in his space like this, so he’s learned.

”it is a nice change…is,” no, maybe he shouldn’t press. instead, he interrupts himself and gives knox another kiss, to his upper lip, because it’s closest. he puts a hand on his chin and strokes gently along knox’ jawline.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:25:19 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

and oh boy does knox especially love it when sam shows him he's happy for the company. it's really not until this moment, when sam's fingers curl at the hem of his shirt, when that transcribes in knox's brain to sam is comfortable and he likes kissing you, that this is closeness. this is what it means to know someone. to listen to their little quirks, the way they move without knowing. 

he cracks a wide smile and makes a sound in his throat, but the sound is only because his body's buzzing at the realization and it's taking everything in him not to launch himself at sam. 

he presses their foreheads together instead, lips parted. he puts that frustration straight on his face, that same smirk from all those moons ago at the party that started it all. 

"you, sam carter, drive me insane. now, how about we relax before we get ahead of ourselves, hm?" he catches sam's wrists and raises a brow. "get you your meds. movie night in? take it easy?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:35:21 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] the way knox grabbed his wrists, it should have jarred him. should have made him feel restrained. should have reminded him of the time when he was tied and thrown in a coffin, locked away during war for a time he couldn’t even count until it was safe and his mother had saved him.

but it doesn’t. there’s something comforting and fun in the way knox grabs him and he thinks, perhaps he can be playful.

”i think some people might say you’re attracted to me, not insane.”

now he’s being, gasp, call the media, facetious.

to further the tease, he lightly licks across knox’ lips and then leans away with an all too knowing smirk.

”but, sure.” his tone is a tease, and so is the way he looks at knox’ lips and licks his own again. ”meds, and a movie night in.”
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:44:06 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

there goes sam, driving the point home. but knox refuses to be beaten. mostly because once that dam breaks, there's no going back, and sam's shoulder will be mad at the both of them by the time they're finished. and then knox will have to wait even longer to really go about breaking his bed back in. 

"i'll get some food delivered, too," he says. something nice. something they haven't had in a while. because money's no fucking object anymore. funny, how quickly he's fallen back into old routine.

"theater's back down the stairs on the other side of merrick's den." summer's den? does merrick have a claim to it anymore? if his ghost still haunts it in knox's vision? 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:47:44 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] ”den…” he thinks on that, trying to remember when he scoped it out. but his head is foggy and he’s a whole lot of distracted by the way knox is playing hard to get.

feels to sam like a challenge, to cause knox to bend and break. but, for now, he lets knox win this battle. as war is won by patience, not by how many victories one has.

”i can wait for you to order the food. i don’t want to get lost.”

that and, walking around the house without knox felt so lonely and hollow. he’d taken a brief, very brief, tour with summer and hated every second of it because knox hadn’t been there. been out … getting air, or something. sam had been groggy and a nightmare to deal with at the time, not on pain meds and without coffee.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 22:54:05 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

knox snorts, but it's a valid point nonetheless. merrick prescott lived in two rooms: his study and his bedroom, and even the latter was a stretch. most of his time was spent at his apartment in slateport, of which knox doesn't even know the whereabouts. he liked to be close to his operation. 

knox pulls out his phone and draws his contacts up. he goes above and beyond with his order because he's pretty sure they don't have much in the fridge. i'll have to go out and get some oatmeal and coffee, he thinks idly while he chatters away with the host taking his order. 

he pulls out his summer's card and rattles off the numbers, leaves a generous tip, and then informs sam it'll be about forty minutes. 

"now meds," he says, but he doesn't move to follow sam. nope, he'll wait right outside. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:03:10 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] while knox orders, sam busies himself with little things. things like moving pieces of knox’ hair to ‘fix them’ even though he doesn’t need to. or saying a number directly following the number knox had said; quiet enough it’s playful, not annoying.

or his personal favorite, touching knox’ elbow with his fingers. he times his antics to stop just as knox is hanging up, telling him it’ll be about forty minutes. he nods, then the mention of meds has him walking closer.

one foot between knox’s, the other resting comfortable beside knox’ right foot, nearly hip to hip. he has the audacity a playful urge to just hug knox and hum.

”i have to take the medication with water and food or it’ll make my stomach hurt.”

they’re safe, they’re free, and sam feels a little giddy with the excitement of a date night that’s not forced. in fact, it feels invited. wanted, even.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:10:17 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he doesn't protest, even though he thinks well i've done it plenty times before and it doesn't hurt. just makes it duller. makes it work faster. work its way into the blood and push everything else out and away. but he's not going to say something stupid like that when sam is being so infectiously affectionate. 

he looks at him out of the corner of his eye, almost in disbelief. he's been doing that a lot lately. 

everything's changed and sam's changed for the better. and he doesn't know why that sits kind of wrong in his throat; he hasn't been able to figure it out because as soon as he thinks it, he shovels shit on top of it and thinks about the surface level. that this is nice. that this is what he wants

for sam to be himself, however it is, with him, regardless of how they got here. 

"i don't think you've ever been this clingy before," he says because he can't help himself, but he grabs sam's arms so he can't pull away and laughs so he knows he doesn't mean it in a bad way. and just in case, says, "it's cute. i like it."

and because sam's still wrapped around him and knox refuses to let go, he slowly waddles both of them forward toward the stairs. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
reflect,
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:16:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"] sam laughed along with him, in a snicker of sorts. but it’s just as joyful as sam can manage while his shoulder twinges. he doesn’t let on that it’s in a little more pain than it should be with how he holds on because he’s enjoying himself.

”i never really understood why people were so clingy until i met you.” oh wait, no that came out wrong sam realizes. ”i mean…”

leaning back, he looks at knox with contemplation clear in how his brows are furrowed.

”what i mean is… cuddly people who showed pda, i always thought, ‘that’s nice’ but i never thought ‘why.’ and then i met you, and started to let that ‘why’ surface. now i understand that like me, they can’t help themselves.” his eyes soften as he looks between knox’ eyes.

”partly because life’s unpredictable and partly because i just can’t seem to get enough…”