awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:02:08 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar was not the coaching type. He had always preferred learning to teaching, as he was always afraid of screwing up and looking foolish. Yet he could no longer hide from such a role; the time had come for him to train his fellow Rockets so that they may survive future struggles against the League. As a member of the S.P.E.C.T.R.A. initiative, he has been tasked with preparing others to do battle with Legendary pokemon--a labor that he felt rather ill-prepared for as well. There was no time to lack confidence however, only time to train! He thought for a long time about what he could do as a training exercise, and what he came up with--well for lack of a better word it was sinister.

After careful consideration and a few afternoons pouring over performance records, he chose his first test subjects for this new exercise. , , and were called to Mt. Pyre to engage in a "intensive outdoor survival simulation". They would be told to bring a small bag of supplies but nothing else, pokemon were especially forbidden. As far as they knew, this would be some sort of teamwork building experience. Just comrades surviving a night on a spooky mountain. Little did they know what Oscar had in store.

They all would have met at the base of the mountain, and after some idle pleasantries the four would venture forth into the mountain proper. Oscar would lead them deep into the mountain's misty terrain, moving them far away from the sacred grave sites. The last thing they needed was a bunch of ghosts interfering with their training. When he felt as if they had hiked enough, Oscar would address his charges.

"Thanks for joining me out here. I've been instructed to oversee some wilderness survival training, and you three have been chosen to partake. This is my first time as an instructor so um--I hope you learn a lot and have fun! Any way..."

He pulled out three tourist maps of Mt. Pyre and handed one to each of his participants. There was a red dot on the opposite side of the grave sites, with four other dots scattered across the cardinal directions on the same side of the mountain. There was a key on the side to measure distance as well as a compass rose, but that would be the only aid they would have. Oscar clapped his hands and continued.

"Right ummm, each one of those dots represents a document I have planted. There are four of them: one north, one south, one east and west. Find all four before morning. Easy right?"

The mist grew thick as the sun began to set. Oscar checked his watch, whistling as he adjusted his own backpack. "It's getting late, you better start your search before it gets dark. I'll be watching, so don't cheat or anything. I wouldn't know how you would but--yeah. You'll probably find all four before morning, so if you do just--survive until the sun comes up."

Oscar then crossed his arms, staring expectedly at the trio. "Well go on! Sun's setting! Get going!"

They would receive a thirty minute head start...
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 0:17:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac felt naked without his Pokemon. But he figured that was part of the point. Light supply packs and intense outdoor survival made it seem like this was going to be a test of resourcefulness and discovery. It'd kill the point of finding water and shelter if you could drink from a Totodile's Hydro Pump and take shelter in a home built from Rock Tombs. Besides, he was trying to push himself into becoming his best, anyway. If he flourished under limits like this, that just meant in any other situation he'd thrive.[break][break]

Then he saw just who he was working with. The good news; Mint was there. The sanest higher up that Isaac had ever worked with. At least he could count on somebody here to have their head screwed on right. That mattered, especially now that his own head was on wobblier than ever.[break][break]

The other news; his instructor was also so familiar to him. Ah, yes. Mr. Property Damage himself. Isaac was still so unsure how to feel about him. Isaac was always more the minimal type. Overkill was never quite his style. Nowadays, that was more true than ever.[break][break]

With that in mind, the challenge was surprisingly minimalistic by Oscar's standards. Their goal was to travel the four corners of Mt. Pyre's wild side. Nothing more, nothing less. Just four red dots and a compass rose. Isaac's eyes squinted suspiciously as he eyed the map, looking for any sort of catch to this whole arrangement. There was none he could see. No secret patterns, no morse code, no disguised grocery lists. It was ordinary. Too ordinary.[break][break]

"If there was one more of us, I'd suggest splitting up," Isaac said to the other two. "But I don't think leaving anyone alone's a safe idea. With how far from town we are, and how dark it'll get, something like a rock slide could get really, really bad." The last thing anyone needed was being trapped under an avalanche of stone all by their lonesome.[break][break]

"Do you guys know which way the mountain slopes? Might be good to handle the uphill part of the climb while there's still daylight," he suggested. If it was a tourist map, maybe it'd have at least some form of basic topography to puzzle out . . .

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]384 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 0:38:43 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Isaac haven't you seen horror movies or played DND? You never split up the party!!" Mint said with a laugh. Gods, he'd probably piss hismelf if he had to rough it alone. Not even Cacio to keep him company? Terrifying. And while the area had a light mist to keep ghosts at bay, it still didn't make this place any less creepy. They were camping out in a giant cemetery for crying out loud. [break][break]

He gave a thumbs up. "So did we get like...any emergency flares or...?" he asked vaguely gesturing at their supplies and looking sadly over at their pokeballs. His own deposited by Oscar's feet for safe keeping. "I doubt A Beast is going to go easy on us. In all likelihood, there's not gonna be like...a chem light or anything denoting the documents so I'd like to try to find some while there's still day light." he added. [break][break]

He hated the idea of camping out at night. He hated every aspect of it actually, unaccustomed to roughing it as it were. "I think I watched a youtuber do this though...we just need out compass and like- a little protractor to get our distance, the spots are already plotted. Then we just walk straight or whatever route we make and uh...someone keeps pace for every 100 meters or so. I guess I can do that if someone else can be compassman?" it sounded easier spoken than in practice. Especially when he'd never done that before. He began digging through his backpack for a compass and maybe a pencil. Anything to help the process along.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc   |

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images3.imgbox.com/16/85/t0WwXljS_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:42:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Amidst the growing mist, pleasantries were exchanged and Barnaby made sure to inform and that he went by 'Bee' when involved in ROCKET operations. already knew this, though it had been awhile since they'd interacted, so he greeted both him and the other men with a friendly smile.

"Are there any sort of markers denoting where the documents are planted? A flag or something so we know when we've found them?" He posed the question to Oscar while inspecting the provided backpack, taking stock of the supplies inside.

There wasn't much there, unfortunately. Shouldering it onto his back, he then looked to his companions as they began brainstorming their initial actions.

"Good idea, Isaac." Barnaby commented, looking down to observe the map he'd just been given. "From what I can tell the mountain slopes to the east. If we head that way first the sun will be at our backs."

A small laugh left Barnaby's lips at Mint's interjection about D&D, although he did have a point. It wouldn't be wise to split up the group, especially without Pokémon as protection. Who knew what lurked within the fog.

"I think you're on the right track, Mint. Here," From his pocket Barnaby withdrew a small knife, the blade springing from its sheath with a satisfying shink. Digging the edge into the trunk of a nearby tree, he then carved a distinctive "X" into the bark. "There's no compass in our bags, but we can at least mark this spot as the intermediate point between all of the documents."

A few moments passed as he finished his carving. "There." Returning the knife to his pocket, Barnaby turned and asked the group at large, "Shall we head east, then?"

M.A.G.M.A Training 🝪 Tier #1

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 23:39:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The mist only grew thicker as the sun tumbled past the horizon. Oscar watched the three participants cautiously, his expression reading as cold as the air around them. He gathered whatever pokeballs the brought and left behind, carefully placing them into his backpack. At Bee's question, Oscar was silent. He simply draped his pack back over his back and stared.

When the trio was fully absorbed in conversation, Oscar would back away. The mist would envelop him, bringing him cover as he fled the scene. Now it was time to wait--and watch.

Something waited within the brush nearby, lying dormant. A timer on its hud was ticking down steadily. 

25:00

They had a twenty five minute head start.

, @isaac,
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 1:02:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"God, no," Isaac agreed. "Pairs is fine. Buddy system and all that. But there should never be a lone man out unless you're really asking for trouble." Were they, by embarking on this mission in the first place? Maybe. Maybe not.[break][break]

Mint and Barnaby- sorry, Bee, were already hard at work trying to decipher what was going on here. Together, the two came to the conclusion that A) East was the way to go through the daytime and B) this big old tree would be their lifeline. If they ever needed to recalibrate, they just went back until X hit the spot. Alright. They had a plan. Plans were good.[break][break]

And they also had a proctor! At least until he didn't. As soon as he faded into the mists, Isaac turned to the others. "Yeah, no, knowing this guy? This place is rigged to high heaven with bombs and we're gonna have to deal with it," Isaac said. At least he was polite enough to wait until Oscar was out of earshot?[break][break]

He could only hope he was wrong. But if not copious amounts of TNT, what else could Oscar be planning?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]272 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 3:23:39 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint shoved the little bit of supplies back into his backpack and gave a thumbs up at Bee. His attention turning to Isaac and giving him a confused look. "Oscar's chill? What are you talking about?" he asked. He'd watched the man's pokemon demolish some Poochyena but...Oscar himself was pretty sickly. He didn't seem like the explosives' kind of guy. Besides this place was kinda public, they couldn't leave lasting marks like that. [break][break]

He looked down at his watch. "Anyway, lets head- what was it- East? Let's start running with whatever light we have. He said we were getting a head start...I don't want to be here to find out what he meant." he said. Especially after the beast had refused to answer anymore questions after that. With a quick confirmation of where exactly they were going he began running. Making sure he could still see his companions in the fog.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc   |

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images3.imgbox.com/16/85/t0WwXljS_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 5:03:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
No answer, then.

Barnaby hoped they'd recognize these documents easily enough once they stumbled upon the marked spots. Somehow, though, he didn't think it'd be that simple considering 's mysterious air. The ROCKET Beast disappeared into the fog without so much as a word, leaving the three men to begin their challenge.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did have something like that planned, honestly." He said, responding to . Not necessarily bombs, but a surprise of some sort. After all, the only other time Barnaby had seen their proctor was during the S.P.E.C.T.R.A Exams, where he was flanked by some odd mechanical insect. It had stood out to him because he'd never seen a Pokémon like that before. It was obvious the Beast had tricks up his sleeve that most weren't privy to.

"Right. Let's head out." Folding his map in half but still keeping it in hand for quick referencing, Barnaby ran up the hillside after , keeping the waning sun at his back.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 22:06:13 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
At last the trio set off, and not a moment too soon. The mist did not wait for their quest to begin, becoming thicker with every passing minute. Meanwhile the thing in the bush sat still, patiently waiting for its timer to finish its painstaking count down. Time passed, and soon enough the sun would set so low that the sky would begin to turn dark. The mist began to reflect the light of the moon, giving it a ghostly glow. 

Five minutes remained, by now the trio should be close to that first document. It will be a peculiar find to be sure, if they should find it. The Eastern document they were seeking could be found stapled to a tree, seemingly blank. If/when they turn it over however, they will find the only clue to this exorcises true nature: Red jagged letters spelling out a single word. RUN

---00:00:00---

The timer had finished, and the being in the bushes stood up. Its mission could finally begin, a prime directive dictated by its master: Hunt and subdue , , and .

Genesect's red eyes pierced through the mist, conducting a rudimentary scan of its surroundings. Tracking the trio would be trivial, their footprints were clear as day within the softened mud of Mt. Pyre. With a clear view of their walking path, Genesect would transform into a shape more suitable for flight (Magnet Rise). It charged the static that flowed around it, unleashing it with a mighty roar as it sped along the path of its prey. This roar would be their final warning for what was to come. 

XoNctP7y

--From this point onward roll after your post. Rolling higher than Genesect benefits your character's goals, whether they be to get away or to find the other pages. Rolling lower than Genesect brings Genesect closer to capturing you. Roll lower than Genesect three times and your character will be caught.
--In this round of posts: Roll to see how easily Genesect tracks you down. Rolling lower than Genesect will not count toward the three strikes.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 1:05:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was interesting how each of the three had seen a different facet of Oscar. Isaac, who had seen a mission play out at its most dramatic, had a rather . . . explosive opinion of the man. Mint seemed to take him as a chill old man. Barnaby, the most cautious of the three (so cautious he was going by his codename even on a simple training mission) took a more balanced approach. Isaac simply shrugged. "If we've all got different expectations, that means anything's possible," he figured. "So let's prepare for anything."[break][break]

Together, the group headed east. The paper was right here in plain sight. It was unguarded (despite Isaac's attempts at peering around), untrapped (judging by the pebbles Isaac tossed around the base of the tree to check for explosives), and unmarked (because c'mon, it was just a blank piece of paper). Not a problem. Isaac took point, heading over to the paper and taking it off of the tree with a flourish. "Boom! One down, three to go, and we're not even breaking a sweat!" he said, proudly holding the paper high.[break][break]

Fun fact! With how Isaac was holding the paper, he was the only member of the group that didn't see the ominous warning scrawled onto its back. Isn't that great?[break][break]

Not to worry, though. Isaac wouldn't be left in the dust for too long. Even if he didn't notice all of the other danger hanging in the air, he sure as hell noticed the roar of that jet engine. Isaac flinched away from the sound, before looking towards Mint and Barnaby. "North or south?" he asked. "Cause it sure as hell sounds like we shouldn't be going west, like, anytime soon!" Whatever direction Mint and Barnaby picked, he'd follow without question. But would his hesitation cost him?[break][break]

sKZ4hVVq

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]272 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 5:12:02 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Hell ye-....uh Isaac?" Mint began, stopping mid cheer as the blonde revealed the RUN on the back of the page though he didn't quite seem to notice just yet. Soon enough, the roar echoing throughout the mist made the twink yelp before turning to both his companions. "South?? It's still sorta downhill isn't it?!" he asked, turning his head and trying to see anything in the goddman mist. [break][break]

But they're already running, flashlight out and trying not to trip over themselves or any other debris. "Stealth is basically moot right?!" he added as the group began collectively booking it as fast as possible away from the threat.
[break][break]

YyOsMOqv

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc   |

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 0:26:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Well. 's eerie silence made a little more sense now.

R U N

Etched in red ink, no less. Barnaby would have praised Oscar for his commitment to the theatrical if he wasn't already calculating strategies for this altered course. They weren't here to navigate the wilderness - they were here to survive it. The whirring roar in the distance coupled with the threatening note was enough evidence to prove that.

So, Barnaby ran. After , while beckoning to follow.

"Let's put some distance between us and whatever's out there." He called out, timing his breathing to align with the group's brisk pace. "We can talk stealth once we find the next document."

Sneakily moving through the thick forest could prove to be the better play here. It all depended on what exactly they were dealing with.

ApYvScKH

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 19:45:40 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Genesect ripped through the air like a bullet, cutting through the mist as it hurdled toward its targets. Its red eyes burned brightly against the darkness of the night, making its presence clear should the fleeing trio look behind them. Closer and closer it came, locking onto its prey as they came into view. Once close enough all it would have to do is Flame Charge into the slowest runner and the first of the trio would be down. Just a little closer, the slowest among them should be able to feel the heat of its hurdling form by now. A few feet--inches--and--

Oscar's voice spoke within Genesect's head, orders that only it could hear. "Alright disengage." Genesect halted abruptly, springing from its airborne form into its normal upright form. It looked up, watching as the trainers disappeared into the mist. Once again Genesect would hear Oscar's voice, "Give them a few minutes to get ahead, then you can resume your hunt. No more flying, this training is for you as much as it is for them. Track them on foot--and try to not use your cannon, the last thing I need is freaking out because you blew a hole through Mt. Pyre."

Genesect nodded to no one, waiting patiently for two minutes to pass. Once its time was up, it once again began to follow their tracks--on foot this time. How successful Genesect was would depend on the resourcefulness of its prey.

lZt4dKjr

--From this point onward roll after your post. Rolling higher than Genesect benefits your character's goals, whether they be to get away or to find the other pages. Rolling lower than Genesect brings Genesect closer to capturing you. Roll lower than Genesect three times and your character will be caught.

, ,
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 0:11:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Some might say you didn't need to outrun the bear, you only needed to outrun the slowest runner of the group. But you know what? Fuck that! Isaac wasn't about to let anyone else get got just because they ran an arbitrarily-random amount slower than him! He peeked over his shoulder as Bee's pace slowed some, their pursuer little more than a pair of blazing red eyes. It was getting closer, and hotter, and louder, and more inevitable. Part of Isaac wanted to reach out and pull Bee out of the way. Part of him wanted to give this thing a piece of his mind.[break][break]

Y'know what? Piece of his mind it is! Isaac half-turned, knuckles clenched, ready to whirl around and deck whatever-the-fuck-this-was right in the nose! Look out world, 'cause here comes-[break][break]

A Genesect. An entire Genesect. And it had just stopped in its tracks, staring off into space as its body unfurled. Okay. New plan. Don't punch the freshly deactivated giant murder insect from another era in the nose and get this whole chase restarted. Isaac did a half-step backwards as he reoriented himself, then turned to follow back after the group.[break][break]

"Okay, I have never seen that thing before in my life, but I do not think pissing it off is a good idea," Isaac whispered. The mists settling around the group were a comfort, but they were a false one at best. "Either we're dealing with some kind of robot, or someone turned a Kabutops into a death machine. No chance in hell we stick around to see which is which."[break][break]

Was that what this training was going to be? Jumpscare after jumpscare? Or was this just a little preview before the real hunt began? Isaac wasn't a fan of either option.[break][break]

"Either way, you guys think some camouflage might do the trick? Especially if it swoops down from the air again," Isaac figured. "Cause if it mistakes us for bushes and fucks off, that could buy us some time. Or it could get us vaporized. Even odds?"[break][break]

For now, though, any chatter was just theory. They needed to get moving, and fast.[break][break]

|GHTcdhE

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + +

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Dead By Daylight [C]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 2:26:49 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Shtishitshitshitshit!" Mint hissed before covering his mouth to silence himself. He'd chanced a glance backwards at red eyes in the distance. "What the hell did sick on us?" he wondered aloud as the group kept running. "You think?" he asked as suggested camo. [break][break]

"I think the distance idea is good. While we can hack it." he added looking over at . "Vaporized???" Mint wondered how hard this training would go. Hardcore it seemed. "I don't know much about Genesec, but I wonder if it's got tech same as my glasses. You know, night vision, heat vision- that kind of Terminator stuff." he added.

hvz4apkf

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc   |

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]