Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
A flower for charity (mission)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 16:18:08 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

How many charity events could one person cram into their one-month calendar? Elinor didn’t know, but she had certainly accepted the challenge. This particular one was going to be a public event to raise funds for the Victims of The Sootopolis Disaster. Though Elinor hoped doing an event like this would also project some modicum of strength.

Now, where might one hold such an event? Well, the Slateport Museum had agreed to host the event free of charge, as a way to help fund the whole thing. Though that was perhaps just an overt way of gaining favor with the new Councilwoman. Whatever the reason, she was thankful for the offer and accepted it.

With the stage set, and background told, what might Elinor be doing at this given moment? Well, she was currently making the rounds of the Museum. Clad in a prim and proper grey business suit, and hair in a tight bun. She tried to embody the professionalism required of someone of her status. Stern eyes looked upon the workers that were running about readying the different areas meant for tonight’s event.

While she wasn’t about to go into the minutia of each facet, there was one thing that at this moment caught her attention. And that was the flower arrangement at the entrance currently being set up by Hoenn’s leading florist, at least that was what she had been told when she gave the go-head to hire the woman.

With quiet but confident steps did she walk toward the woman, quickly followed by a Bagon wearing a pink bow-tie and an equally stern gaze. From the direction that Elinor walked, she could not quite see whether had already finished or was hard at work.

OOC: Mission thread for PUTTING ON A FRONT

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 18:00:38 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Perfectionism was Elisabeth's trademark, and she took her time on the task that Councilwoman had asked of her.

Roses were a crowd-pleaser and a classic, and the archway of the Museum entrance was bedecked in them: flourishing in reds, peaches, whites and pinks that wafted a pleasing aroma throughout the vicinity. Elisabeth herself stood on a stepladder as she completed the display, her own skirts gathered about herself as she prepared to descend and admire the finished floristry from afar.

As she did so, she caught the gaze of her employer and smiled, the very face of professionalism. "Councilwoman. I hope you find the finished product to your liking."

She was, of course, not only speaking of the flowering archway. Fluted vases of individual arrangements had been artfully placed as centrepieces on the gala's tables, the peach, red, and pink roses interspersed with baby's breath and white camellias. The bannisters, likewise, had been splendidly adorned in colourful roses -- tastefully so, Elisabeth had ensured, so as not to be cloying.

"My Roselia should have finished placing the other arrangements. We have plenty of time for you to request any changes, should you need them." A brief pause inserted itself here as Elisabeth considered her next words, assessing the woman in front of her. "Are you looking forward to the event?" she ventured, curious despite herself.

The responsibility of the council was a weighing thing, and Elinor was new to it yet. Elisabeth wondered how the woman might feel about the change in station, and all that this entailed.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Putting on a Front ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 18:55:18 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor’s stern expression turned milder the more she watched, it was clear that this had been the right choice. Especially so, when flowers were by no means a specialty of Elinor’s. Relying on Elisabeth’s experience was therefore required for this to be a success, and so far it seemed to point in that direction.

The Bagon however, was not impressed, wanting to imitate the stern side of Elinor that had been carried up until now. Alas, Elinor noticed the movement from Bagon and halted it with a gesture of her hand. Just in time for her to catch the gaze of Elisabeth.

Elizabeth offered her a few questions. Elinor took a moment to ponder what words to reply with. She allowed her eyes to run over the beautiful displays of flowery prowess before she gave the woman a nod. “I am very pleased with the finished product, and I doubt any changes I could suggest would improve it.” She gestured towards the product Elizabeth had delivered.

And then the topic moved off from the product and onto the event. Elinor’s expression grew a bit grim, though she tried to keep a smile on her face. “Of course, as a member of the council, I look forward to offering the victims of THAT disaster what help we can.” She took a deep breath.

“However, as a survivor myself… This is going to be a painful reminder of the friends and family we lost on that day. But no matter how heavy tonight might be for me, that is a burden I will gladly bear to help other victims.” Another deep breath. “Oh, I am sorry. I did not intend to drag down the mood.” Elinor composed herself, as she realized that once again she had been dangerously close to letting her emotions escape.

OOC: Mission thread for PUTTING ON A FRONT

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 21:16:21 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Rest assured, you didn't."

Elisabeth's gentle reassurance came swiftly and easily; the look in her eyes reflected its truth, appearing neither distressed nor disheartened as she approached the councilwoman. Even the bow-tied Bagon's sternness didn't seem to rattle her calm composure.

"It's refreshing, actually, to have politicians express such heartfelt concern over disasters like this one. I suspect the people of Hoenn will be grateful to see such a thing in you."

The blonde paused here, and in this moment, her Roselia dutifully entered from another room with a brisk trot that scattered black and purple petals in all directions. The flowery Pokémon sniffed at the Bagon with haughty disdain, sensing perhaps less-than-positive feelings towards her mistress.

"Is that why you ran for office?" she asked, voice softer. "Your own personal investment in Hoenn's welfare, after surviving such events?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 14:24:37 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She breathed easy when Elisabeth assured her that the mood had not changed. It was a nice comforting reassurance, even as Elizabeth continued explaining that it was refreshing to see. She had feared that she had grown too emotional, too vulnerable for lack of better terms. But perhaps she was looking at it completely wrong.

Perhaps she should forget the tenants of the Anderson life and embrace the more open side of her.

But today would not be that day. “I would be lying if I claimed that what happened didn’t change the trajectory of my life,” Elinor spoke, rebuilding what composure she had before. “To speak plainly, yes. It is the primary reason why I pursued the office.” She paused.

But the pause did not last long. “I am hoping to make Hoenn a safer place, not for myself, but for the children of the future. I hope that there might come a time when the people of Hoenn won’t have to live in fear of an uncertain future.” She chuckled ever so slightly. “But it does seem like some great deity, be it Arceus or something else, has chosen to work against that wish.” Whether she referred to the giant Dome surrounding Hoenn or the Space Rock hurtling towards them was unsure.

“Of course for all the resources my office grants. I am but human. So as a citizen of Hoenn, what do you think? Do you think it is possible to reach such a future?” Her genuine smile rested gently upon her lips as she opened the conversation for a philosophical debate of sorts.

Meanwhile, the Bagon was less than pleased by the haughtiness of the Roselia. But though it wanted to indulge in some correctional activities with the Roselia, aka beating the haughtiness out of it. It refrained, resigning itself to staring sternly at the grass-type.

OOC: Oh no, Elinor has begun Monologuing.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 23:06:21 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
A better future. "That's a lovely sentiment, and one I imagine is shared by many in Hoenn beyond yourself. We have certainly witnessed enough calamity in our lifetime alone to not wish it to continue."

Monologuing didn't bother Elisabeth, not truly. She was more naturally inclined to listen than to speak, preferring to understand the people around her rather than volunteering thoughts of her own unprompted.

Although that was, in fact, what did next: "So as a citizen of Hoenn, what do you think? Do you think it is possible to reach such a future?"

Elisabeth's calm composure briefly shifted, a furrow in her brow betraying the deep thought she gave to the question posed. No, was the woman's immediate, but silent, answer. Kalos had known its own demons; the fatal issue at the heart of disaster, as always, was mankind.

It was possible to live without fear, but it was not possible to live a life where fear of some kind was not warranted. Or so Elisabeth herself believed, at any rate, deep within the cynicism of her own heart.

"I think it is better to try to reach that future, than to act as if it cannot be done," Elisabeth ultimately voiced aloud. "Whether or not such a future is attainable, our actions should strive for it, no?"

And this, too, was a truth she held close. Futility had never stopped her from fighting to attain the impossible.

...A sentiment shared by her Roselia, who glowered at the much-larger Bagon with an entirely unearned sense of confidence and superiority.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 18:47:13 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elizabeth’s shared sentiments gave strength to Elinor’s smile. To know that it was shared by this random citizen of Hoenn validated her in her thoughts for a short moment.

And then Elinor watched the brief shifting in demeanor, a furrow betraying deep thought. Elinor wondered whether Elizabeth was chosen between the kind answer and the honest answer.

“I agree,” Elinor replied. “And, thank you, for sharing your thoughts so honestly.” Though whether it was honest words or not, matter not to hear, for they were refreshing compared to all the yes-men that had begun to surround her in hopes of weaseling their way into some modicum of power.

Meanwhile, Bagon found itself glowered upon by the Roselia. But that didn’t stop the Bagon. It huffed and puffed, tried to appear bigger and more intimidating, even putting on a SCARY FACE, for all the good that it did.

OOC: Oh no, Elinor has begun Monologuing.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 20:27:32 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"I find honesty is generally the better route than lying to politicians," Elisabeth said with a faint smile. "Whether or not the reverse is true is up for debate, depending on who you ask."

It was a wry joke, emblematic of her own dry humor. Which she hoped Elinor would not presume was aimed at her.

Her Roselia huffed back at the Bagon indignantly, petals whirring over her head in a nascent PETAL BLIZZARD that never managed to do more than form a tiny, flowery storm cloud over herself.

Elisabeth watched the spectacle with mild amusement, unbothered by the display so long as it didn't upset the councilwoman.

"What's it like?" Elisabeth asked despite herself. "Being on the council, that is."

Having met the rest of the council's politicians in Hoenn, she wondered. All three were distinct in significant ways.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 16:53:06 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor appreciated the joke or jab depending on how one might view it, it summoned a small chuckle from her, even if it had been a jab at her what sort of society would they be living in where those in power could not take a joke? The answer was simple, not one Elinor wanted to partake in.

For a brief moment, her eyes followed Elizabeth’s and she saw the PETAL BLIZZARD, small as it might be. And found the sight curious for a moment, then her eyes wandered to the recipient of the indignant huff and petals. Minh was trying to assert dominance and failing to do so. It was clear she was growing frustrated.

But Elinor would not address it with words, but with a simple dismissive gesture of her hand and a stern gaze. The Bagon noticed this and seemed accepting of the command, though not pleased by it. It turned its head away, making sure that it could not see the Roselia anymore.

“Well, that is a hard question to answer,” Elinor spoke, voice thoughtful as she returned her attention to Elisabeth. “It’s a lot of bureaucracy and a lot of paperwork, but that could very well be because I am still rather new to the position.” She paused giving the information time to soak in. “With that said, I do find the work fulfilling.” And could she truly expect more? Whether that was answer enough to sate Elisabeth’s curiosity, Elinor did not know.

OOC: N/A

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 20:07:24 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"That's a modest reply, isn't it?" Elisabeth said, turning to watch the bickering of the Pokemon. "After all, a post office is nothing but bureaucracy and paperwork. But I can't think of anyone losing an eye solely for being in that field."

Although that situation was more complicated than it appeared on the surface, unbeknownst to most of Hoenn.

As the Bagon backed down, her own Roselia preened vainly, perceiving the retreat as a success rather than the polite gesture it was. The florist let out a tiny sigh before giving Primrose a knowing look, and the petals whizzing overhead dissipated abruptly as she trotted over to her mistress's side.

"You now have one of the most powerful voices in Hoenn," the blonde continued, turning to with a thoughtful look. "And it puts you in engagement with other strong personalities, which can't be easy. Politicians are rarely individuals with relaxed, easy-going natures."

What Elisabeth wanted to say to Elinor was, I know that feeling well. Something she couldn't articulate without betraying her own loyalties and her own newly-found position as a Rocket admin.

"I hope you find allies in your work," she said instead. "They make all the difference in the world, so I hear."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 6:45:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Modest? That was perhaps putting it very lightly. Though the comment following was a curious one. Elinor raised an eyebrow in surprise. It was a most curious choice of example. “Neither can I.” Was the only words Elinor found reasonably to apply to the comment.

After reigning in the vanity of her Roselia, Elisabeth offered Elinor some sound words of advice, some which might very well come from experiences Elinor had yet to have.

A small acknowledging chuckle escaped her as the words ‘relaxed and easy-going natures’ came from Elisabeth’s mouth. The mere thought of or being either of the two seemed about as impossible as the eradication of Team Rocket’s presence in Hoenn. Still the mental imagery was amusing.

“So do I,” Elinor replied. “My work is definitely going to be that much harder, if not outright impossible without allies,” Elinor admitted.

OOC: N/A

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:02:33 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
The mildly perplexed way that responded to Elisabeth's comment gave the florist pause for a moment.

Of the three people on the council, only Elinor had all her physical health entirely intact. Elisabeth had seen for herself the aftermath of the injuries that both and sustained, and neither were strictly accidental in nature.

Politics was not, and had never been, a safe profession. Though such topics were unwise or unkind to dwell upon with someone new to it.

"Well, I can't promise I can offer any great wisdom in leading Hoenn," the blonde said at last, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear, "but if you ever want tea sometime, or a sympathetic ear, my cottage outside Petalburg is generally open to you."

Were her alignment known, such an offer would have sounded like a trap.

At her core, however, Elisabeth did care about the future of Hoenn. She did not see her actions as opposed to its success, exactly, so much as achieving that success in a different way.

So when she smiled at Elinor, the offer was sincere. It was given with kind intentions.

"We don't even have to talk about politics, if you'd prefer. Sometimes it's nice to have an escape from the world, I think."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 14:16:28 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

If Elinor noticed the pause, then she didn’t let on. But perhaps that was for the better. Elisabeth offered her a sympathetic ear and perhaps tea should she ever need either. The florist even promised that their subject didn’t need to be about politics.

“I appreciate your offer,” Elinor stated. The appreciation which was painted with broad strokes on her lips found its way into the tone of her voice as she continued. “Even if you might not offer great wisdom, I am sure the value of a well-placed break, should not be underestimated,” Elinor spoke.

“So, I might take you up on that offer, perhaps even sooner rather than later,” Elinor joked. Though of course, she would not do so immediately.

OOC: I figure we might've hit a good point for thread redemption?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 8:18:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: