595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Big Bills & Big Deals [C/S]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 11:22:20 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
razor-sharp teeth, i bite bullets.
Taking the last sip from her coffee Serena checked her makeup in her mirror one last time before pressing the button to turn the car off and opening the door to step out. The jingle of her keys in her hand was the only sound that bounced off the concrete walls of the parking garage. She held her door open a little longer so Artemis could hop out from her side.

Checking the watch on her wrist let her know she was on time. She hadn't been back to this place since she last lived here with her ex. Not much had changed with the building. No, most of the change had been with her. With a soft sniff and the push of her sunglasses to rest on top of her head, Artemis brushed against her.

"I'm fine." She said with a a smile as she glanced down at her espeon. "Let's go, we don't wanna be late." She said as she began to walk towards the building. "1440 Mauville Hills." she whispered to herself as she made her way to the familiar elevator. Some of the staff remembered her as she walked through the building and she greeted them kindly.

Serena was here for a meeting with . In fact, it was who recommended that she meet up with him considered the current state of affairs regarding her and her platform. As she pushed the button to reach his penthouse she went over the information in her head once more. With the help of Rocket's intelligence networked she had found out there were some League members that were sniffing too close to home.

Word on the street was they had suspicions of Serena and her real identity. It could've been her own carelessness that gave them even a crumb to consider this but she was already in the process of handling this. But it made her think, what was the hold up? Serena's career was pretty set in stone now and she enjoyed a lot of success.

Thanks to Rocket and their resources, Serena was now at an extremely influential moment in her career. Which also meant, it was time to start paying Rocket back. After all, they didn't save her career to not reap any of the benefits. That being said, she needed someone on her side to help her kick this plan into motion.

Serena reached the door to his penthouse and rang the doorbell before quickly fluffing her hair once more. "Oh," she said as she glanced down and scooped up Artemis in her arms. "Hang tight with me here for a while." she said as she opened her bag for Artemis to relax in while she waited for Barnaby to answer the door.
outfit ● notes
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 1:08:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH'S RESIDENCE, HOME OFFICE

would not be left waiting long. After only a moment or two of silence several locks could be heard disengaging from the door, which would soon open into an expansive and tastefully-decorated penthouse.

Barnaby welcomed her in with his characteristic shining smile, although it was not only him who'd come to greet the stranger at the door. The journalist was also flanked by two elegant and impressively-sized NINETALES, one of the Kantoan variety and the other Alolan. Despite their differing appearance, however, the two were twin sisters.

"Ms. Malcolm," Not only her, but an adorable ESPEON tucked cozily into a bag at her side. "Please come in."

He ushered her through the threshold with an amiable wave toward the living room, though Barnaby did not linger here, instead leading her through his home and up the stairs to where his office awaited.

"I've laid out some snacks and tea." Once inside, he gestured to the spread organized on the coffee table in the room. A variety of delectable pastries sat waiting to be plucked up, while teacups and accompanying enhancements like cream and sugar were placed to the side near a steaming kettle.

"Please help yourself." Barnaby poured a warm cup for himself into the most immaculate porcelain, awash in a blue pastoral scene and outlined a brilliant white. After adding a few cubes of sugar to his drink, taking a tentative sip and then nodding slightly in approval, he started to make his way to the desk at the focal point of the room. His NINETALES, in the meantime, settled into their beds beneath and at either side of a large mural hanging on the far wall.

The oversized office chair slid back, Barnaby took a seat, and it was finally time for business.

" tells me you're interested in collaborating. How can I help?" He inquired, folding his hands in front of him on the mahogany desk.
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 8:57:02 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
razor-sharp teeth, i bite bullets.
She wasn't waiting long. The door to Barnaby's penthouse suite opened a beat after her ringing of the doorbell and she got a little peak into his ensemble. 'A man of taste' Serena noted to herself as caught a brief sight of how his home was decorated before turning her attention on the man of the hour. His smile was warm and was met with one an equally bright one of her own. "Ms. Malcolm," he said smoothly as he stepped aside and gestured for her to enter. "Please come in."

Serena also didn't miss the Ninetails that flanked him once she stepped in. They seemed familiar, if Serena remembered correctly she believed she saw them when she guest judged the competition Mars and his bank sponsored. Just like back then she was entranced by their beauty and grace, it was no wonder Barnaby won that competition.

Once inside Serena got a better view of the layout of his home. It was impeccably decorated. They passed through the living room where he led her up the stairs to what would seem to be his home office. Just like everything else in this house, the room was decorated with style and class.

"I've laid out some snacks and tea." he said as he gestured to the coffee table that had an assortment of different treats laid out before them. He stopped by the table and poured himself a cup of tea. "Please help yourself." he said with a smile an Serena nodded. "Thank you for your generosity." she said formally as she poured herself a cup of tea adding a touch of milk and sugar.

She took a seat following his lead before taking a sip of her tea. That was good. " tells me you're interested in collaborating. How can I help?" Serena nodded setting her bag to the side while Artemis hopped up in her lap. Mostly for encouragement and being Serena's emotional security.

"Right." She said with a smile. Reaching into her bag she grabbed a manila folder with documents and pictures inside to hand over to Barnaby. "As you probably know my daytime profession is being a streamer and influencer. Lately I've been enjoying moderate success in terms of popularity and influence. I've worked side by side with which also served to further solidify my social standing." She said as she crossed her legs.

"All that being said, I've come here with a problem and a proposition." She continued before taking another sip of her tea. "Due to my rise in popularity it's to be expected some problems or drama will occur, however this is a slight cause for concern." She said as she gestured towards the manila folder.

"Thanks to Rocket intelligence we've found evidence of league having possible leads on some members of Rocket. Namely me." She said with a sigh. "Still unsure of how they got their hands on such information or how such rumors could be spread but it's still concerning." After all Serena was usually careful. On every mission she was in disguise and normally she didn't share classified information with anyone. "I'm in the process of handling this situation though."

After all she wouldn't be a Beast if she couldn't handle some League nobodies and an information leak. "Like I mentioned before, I'm reaching a point in my career where my platform can be seen as beneficial. Rocket was the one who gave me this platform so it only seems right to give back. If possible I believing crafting a story and using my platform and influence to control and manipulate the narrative in the media could be beneficial for Rocket." She says as she reaches to scratch Artemis' head.

After all things worked out pretty well with Sootopolis, what's to say that things couldn't improve with a little bit more concentrated effort. "I believe we can use the general public's doubt in the League to our favor. And if they're not having doubt's we sow the seeds." Again she pointed to the folder she gave Barnaby. "I have information on some League official's that could serve that purpose. I just need someone willing to work with me that's an expert in this field."
outfit ● Sorry this post is lengthy.
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 1:13:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As began to relay her situation, Barnaby picked up the offered folder and began to peruse its contents. He had no trouble listening and reading at the same time; multi-tasking was an art form he'd perfected long ago.

Every now and again he'd even interject, with such comments like, "Mmm, yes, the public loves to gossip, even if there's no basis to what they're gossiping over."

For the most part, however, he let her speak her piece without much interruption. When the ROCKET Beast finished, he's respond after a moment or two of consideration.

"Instead of blatantly expressing a pro-Rocket sentiment, I believe it's more beneficial to sow seeds of distrust within the League, as you mentioned. Be critical of their policies, point out their hypocrisy, question the very foundations of their government. With enough breadcrumbs resentment is bound to follow." He paused, his eyes flashing up over the brim of a document. "Then the better option becomes abundantly clear."

It was not as conspicuous of a strategy as some ROCKETs preferred, but covert manipulation had its benefits. saw it as playing the long game in a world obsessed with shortsighted validation.

"I see you have quite a bit of information here," The journalist observed in a contemplative tone, placing the folder back onto his desk so that it lay open between them. He leaned back then, his office chair squeaking beneath him as he did so.

"I've skimmed through most of the documents, but I'd rather here it from you. Tell me, what sort of dirt do you have on these League officials?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 3:05:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: