6,053 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Beach Sprint
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 7:39:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Today was supposed to be race day at Splashfest in Slateport City. There were two separate tracks that had been prepared on the festival grounds: an aquatic track on the bay itself, and an overland track on the beach. The buoys delineating the track had to be removed to make room for other activities that had been reserved in advance of the Pokémon Racing Federation's request to hold races there.

The area the track was to be on was still cordoned off, and was still technically useable if Pokémon racers wanted to have a pick-up competition, but nothing official was happening that day. Thinking about what could have been, Josh released Twilight, his Absol, who let out a loud cry. Her hard horn-blade reflected the sun's rays brilliantly. She was fired up and ready to enjoy the festival with him.

With there being no race that he blocked time off at both the Rangers' Guild and at his Racing Grounds back at Trainer Hill, Josh's day was...empty. "Twilight..." he sighed. "I was really looking forward to this, too." Her horn-blade softened briefly before becoming sharp again seconds later, one of the few clues he got that the dark-type felt pity for Josh. "Want to do a time trial anyway, just for fun?" The Absol nodded. While he wouldn't be able to get decimals, there was a nearby digital clock he could reference to the nearest second, at least. The Ranger swung his leg over Twilight's back and hopped aboard, directing his mount to the short course's starting line. He gave one last look around to make sure no one was in the way before getting started.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Twilight      Absol          Good

{WC: 279}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Leek

Iggy
He/Him
May 27
Goldenrod, Johto
Bisexual
Rocket
Grunt
Single/not looking
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ignatius
Ignatius White
Beach Sprint
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 2:29:23 GMT
Ignatius White Avatar
Ignatius' head ached. Though most of the hangover's effects had worn off by noon, the headache had only faded from excruciating to pretty bad. Consecutive whiskey shots certainly induced happy-go-lucky drunkenness, but damn were they rough to recover from. Work hard, play hard, right
He'd given up on walking hours ago, and instead rode atop Vesper, his Absol. She didn't outwardly complain (as much as a Pokemon could), but there was an edge to her demeanor.

Yeah, yeah, he'd made the choices and suffered the consequences. Fair enough.

Elektra the Shinx followed close behind, occasionally pouncing on Absol's hind paws or play-wrestling with Thyme the Treecko (who needed constant reminders to stay close, and Ignatius eventually threatened to leash him).

The ragtag party wound up meandering along a beach, where Ignatius spotted another trainer riding an Absol. He directed Vesper over to the pair, then said, "You hungover too? Splashfest has been a hell of a celebration, right?"

Party:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,053 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Beach Sprint
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 5:16:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A second Absol approaching Josh immediately caught his attention. He turned around to see a young man around his age astride the majestic Dark-type. "Well hello there!" Josh smiled, his somber mood taking a turn for the better after seeing someone. He couldn't help but laugh when he was asked if he was hung over. "I actually don't drink. Never wanted to find out how much would put me over the edge." Seeing Elektra at play reminded Josh of Blitz, his own Luxray he had brought to race Twilight against just in case he didn't get enough of a fix from doing a simple time trial.

"Your Absol looks well-raised," Josh complimented, seeing that the fellow Dark-type's horn wasn't razor-sharp. Absol that weren't well-raised were often on edge against most strangers. "What's your Absol's name? Oh, I'm Josh, a Pokémon racer looking to turn pro, and this is Twilight, my Absol. She's just a little cautious around strangers is all."

When asked about Splashfest, Josh's smile turned back into a frown. "It's been fun but the event I was looking forward to the most got canceled." He pointed toward all the walls and barricades forming a circuit on the side of the beach they were standing at now; it ran into the grass nearby, as well. "There was supposed to be a big Pokémon race here today. It got canceled due to a scheduling conflict. It was the one thing I was looking forward to most today."

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Twilight      Absol          Good

{WC: 249}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Beach Sprint
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 3:29:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: