March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 7:40:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Ever Grande City was in its own little corner of Hoenn. The large island city was so distant that she had to cast off from Mossdeep City and rotate several of her Pokémon to get there safely. Once she reached the outer city limits, she climbed off her Yanmega to avoid any run-ins with Law Enforcement over potential noise ordinance violations, opting to switch ride Pokémon to Prance, her Wyrdeer. She had been referred to Dr. Eva's lab by to identify exactly what kind of Pokémon her Stantler had evolved into.

Thankfully, 's lab wasn't too far within city limits; she just had to cross a couple of major intersections before taking a highway where she would really be able to let the Wyrdeer loose in terms of speed. A couple of exits later, the lab was in sight, and it was quite the sizable facility. However, security was tight. She was stopped by an electrified, barbed-wire gate with a white button and a speaker above it. She pressed the button to buzz the facility's enforcement staff.

"State your name and your purpose."

"Shalin Nariya. I have a 3 PM appointment with Dr. Eva Morales today to discuss an unusual Pokémon evolution."

"Stand by." She dismounted Prance and started pacing while waiting for enforcement to do what they needed to do. After several long minutes passed, they came back over the speaker. "Verified. Dr. Eva is expecting you. Proceed to the East Wing, through entrance 3. Have a good day." With that, the gate swung open. She mounted back up on her Wyrdeer and rode across the large campus to the entrance she was directed to, assuming the doctor was looking out for her. She did have a pretty distinct face to go with that unusual Pokémon of hers...

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Prance        Wyrdeer        Good

{WC: 306}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 19:38:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The purpose of her appointment with Shalin was not documented in the daily itinerary. Although she had never met the woman, she had spoken to enough trainers with questions by now to assume it was in regards to the Wrydeer she was currently mounted on. Eva stood outside, one hand pressed on her hip while the other shaded her eyes from the sun. She left her white lab coat inside so she was just dressed in a rather boring set of scrubs with a belt full of pokeballs hanging just below her waist. As usual, her rather crazy blonde hair looked like a mess on the top of her head.

[break][break]

“You must be, Shalin!” she called out when the woman was close enough to here her, “I’m Eva! It’s nice to meet you!” she reached the hand shading her eyes up to shake the new acquaintances hand in greeting. The Arcanine lounging in the sun behind her shifts, lifting his large head to glance towards the newcomers. A quick sniff of the air give him the information he seeks before her lies back down and closes his eyes.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 19:33:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Yep, that's my name! Wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" Shalin chirped, not one bit reserved even in front of the Professor. "Prance, can you let me down, please?" she asked her mount, who was quick to let the psychic harness around her fade. She slid down from her partner's back and shook the woman's outstretched hand. "Great to meet you, too!" Despite being from Ecruteak, her voice had a touch of Southern Johtonian accent to it. She took note of the Arcanine in her peripheral vision stirring, waving toward the large fire-type before he resumed his nap. "Must have had a long day!" she mused.

"So the reason I'm here is I got a referral from Lilycove's Gym Leader to talk about Prance. She was a Stantler, but she evolved into this form I've never seen or heard of before." The Wyrdeer's head bobbed, but the Pokémon was otherwise eerily calm. As a Stantler, she had always been easily excitable, but since her evolution, she had become much more reserved. "Mind taking me to your lab?" she requested. If Eva granted the request, she would withdraw the Wyrdeer if she was too tall to fit in the hallways.

Regardless, she would share her story of how Prance evolved. "I wasn't even aware Stantler could evolve at all!" She thought back to her training session with the Lilycove Leader. The Wyrdeer had some interesting applications of psychic powers, but apparently not the ability to teleport. She didn't know too much else about it. "I don't know much about her new form, other than that I think it's a Psychic-type. Do you know what this evolved form is called? And can she teleport like other Psychic-type Pokémon?" She was sure she would have plenty of follow-up questions, but she didn't want to overwhelm the Professor.

{WC: 308}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 17:22:01 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

What an impressive introduction. Wildest pokemon rider this side of Hoenn? It makes Eva smile, regarding the confidence with a nod of approval, “Nice to meet you, Shalin,” she’s professional, and kind in her greeting with an unmistakable cheer to her tone that spells out her excitement for the topic at hand.

[break][break]

It takes her a moment to remember the appointment of to Gym Leader of Lilycove. It’s her ‘home’ city so she’s quite up to date with the latest there, “Ah, Callan, yes,” her gaze shifts to Prance, the once Stantler standing much taller now and adorned with a grey pelt.

[break][break]

Eva listens to the story, it’s not to different than what she heard from when she examined his Wyrdeer, “Yes! It’s a new phenomenon, only happening in these distortion events,” a sharp whistle brings the RotomPhone out of her pocket. The device rises to their eye level and pings to life, “I’m still sorting through samples but, it’s definitely psychic-type,” she points towards the device which shows a basic information page on the Wyrdeer tat she summarizes for Shalin, “As far as I can tell, it’s an extinct evolution of Stantler. I don’t know why they went extinct though,” she hums in question, her brain always trying to form some sort of hypothesis.

[break][break]

“From the very few I have encountered, I haven’t heard any reports of Teleportation,” she pauses for a moment and a small smile twitches at the edge of her lips, “But I have seen a new move. Have you battled with Prance yet?” Perhaps Shalin has seen it too.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 22:52:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin listened to Eva's story. "The distortions are really dangerous!" she interrupted after the professor mentioned it was a phenomenon new to Hoenn. "There were these enormous, red-eyed Pokémon that Poké Balls don't work on, and they're vicious!" While she had only seen the Druddigon and Garchomp in that state, those two Pokémon towered over her, even mounted. They were also somehow more aggressive than their normal counterparts...if it was even possible for wild Druddigon and Garchomp to be more aggressive.

"I figured Prance became a psychic-type when she spoke to me in my mind," Shalin continued. "Is it unusual for them to have a huge personality change after evolution? It's like she became a totally different Pokémon after she evolved. Wait, did you say extinct evolution? Now I'm really confused. Stantler is not an uncommon Pokémon; I wonder why they would suddenly stop evolving?"

The young explorer reviewed a Pokédex-like page for the Pokémon standing before the two of them. "So Wyrdeer is its name?"

"That is indeed what your kind call us," the noble, feminine voice of the Wyrdeer projected to her trainer's and to the professor's minds. "It is a pleasure, Dr. Eva. If there's anything I can do today to help you further your understanding, let us know. So much knowledge has fallen through the sands of time..."

Shalin frowned when she heard of not a single report of teleportation. That would explain why she couldn't teleport when she was training with and their psychic-type Pokémon. Apparently, merely being psychic-type didn't automatically make a Pokémon able to teleport. "I haven't battled with her, but I think I know what you're getting at." Provided the ceiling was high enough, Shalin would mount her Wyrdeer. "Can you strap me on with your PSYSHIELD real quick?" The Wyrdeer did as asked, a noncombat application of her PSYSHIELD BASH keeping her trainer from falling off, even in the worst of conditions. "This, right?"

{WC: 333}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 4:30:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Shalin asks the winning question: Why did they stop evolving?

[break][break]

“Good question,” Eva has pondered it for quite some time, “Sometimes, as we know, evolution needs a certain stone or fragment, sometimes even a place or move. If any of those components became scarce or disappeared from our world or were bred out of the population, evolution would be impossible. It’s difficult to say which one is responsible for it though,” which makes it frustrating for the scientist.

[break][break]

Eva nearly jumps out of her skin when the deer’s mind mends with hers. It’s intrusive and foreign. Not even her own psychic-type were as literate. Her gardevoir and gallade that she’s known for years simply impart feelings and images ocassionally.

[break][break]

“Fascinating,” she murmurs, watching the Wyrdeer cautiously.

[break][break]

Eva watches Shalin sit upon a modified Psyshield, “Yes! Like that! Interesting use outside of battle,” Eva praises their ingenuity.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 8:04:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin scolded Prance as Eva was clearly startled. "You can't just barge into others' minds like that!" The Wyrdeer, now linked with only Shalin's mind, apologized and told Shalin she would ask her trainer before reaching out to a stranger telepathically again. "I'm so sorry about that; she's still getting a grasp on her new powers. As it turns out, psychic powers can be a real Ursaring to control. She's still learning what she can and can't do."

Shalin listened to Eva's hypothesis as to why Stantler stopped evolving. What she said made perfect sense; every evolution had a trigger. For many Pokémon, it was a certain level of growth. For others, exposure to a specific wavelength and intensity of radiation, most commonly induced by the presence of an Evolution Stone. For others still, a specific type of relic. There were others, too. "Do you think it might be related to other formerly extinct Pokémon, like Yanmega? I have a Yanmega, but he's resting; I flew him all the way from Mossdeep City, which is barely within his range. Bug-types aren't meant to cross seas like that."

The Wyrdeer dismissed her Psyshield and let Shalin dismount; her head was uncomfortably close to the ceiling, and she could have singed her head on an overhead lamp if she wasn't careful. "Thanks! I'm still exploring psychic-type ride Pokémon myself. They are truly few and far between, but can they ever can do some remarkable things."

{WC: 246}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 15:59:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva shakes her head and waves her hands to dismiss the intrusion. She may have over reacted a bit, “It’s fine! I was just surprised, that’s all. I’ve never met a psychic-type so articulate My own Gallade only sends feelings and the occasional images and he’s a very experienced Psychic-type,” These Wyrdeer must be something else! She tucks that thought away for when she hopefully finds one of her own.

[break][break]

“I don’t think they are related, per say,” Eva shrugs her shoulders, “But I imagine the reason they became extinct may be similar. I don’t believe the Yanmega and this Wyrdeer are from the same region though. Or even the same time period. The Yanmega seems more prehistoric in comparison to higher mammals like this,” she motions again to the grey cervid in front of her.

[break][break]

“Oh? That’s fascinating. I can’t imagine many psychic-types as ride pokemon,” The Wyrdeer, obviously, looked like a ride pokemon. Metagross maybe? She couldn’t think of many others.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 2:09:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Then my understanding of Psychic-type Pokémon has been totally wrong this whole time," Shalin sheepishly replied, a big shrug following. "I thought just about any fully-evolved Psychic-type Pokémon could at least speak to their trainer mentally like that. For every answer, two more questions. It just never ends, it seems." She listened to the Professor's explanation about Yanma's and Stantler's evolution. It seems she was barking up the wrong tree about trying to get an idea why Prance evolved specifically while inside the Space-Time Distortion. Clearly, a lot more research had to be done.

"You are correct in that they are quite rare. Have you gotten any more reports of giant Pokémon inside these distortions?" Shalin asked. "One of my friends has this giant Jolteon, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came from one of those." She described it as bring at about the proportions of a Zebstrika, maybe a little smaller. "An Espeon like that would be a great example. Other than that, Girafarig is the only other example that comes to mind."

"Do you know of any other Pokémon that evolve like Prance did? It would be great to see a few of them!" Little did she know just the can of Wurmples she was in the process of prying open.

{WC: 218}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 18:07:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva smiles and nods along with Shalin, “Yes, the questions never end!” she agrees, all too familiar with the torture that is The Scientific Method.

[break][break]

The report of giant pokemon does seem familiar. There have been several sightings of these giant pokemon that tend to be far more violent than their typical behavior seen in the wild, “Yes, ‘ve heard of some,” but she has yet to sample or study any. Her main focus has been on the alternate pokemon within the distortions and their new evolutions and forms.

[break][break]

“There are a lot of pokemon that seem to have alternate evolutions, I have a few of my own if you’d like to inspect them,” she smiles, reaching beneath her lab coat for the pokeball belt around her waist.

[break][break]

The first pokemon to be released is a beast of a bear. The Ursaluna is nearly 10 feet tall when she stands on her hind limbs. The pokemon’s massive bulk is more than impressive. It’s easily to imagine its mostly fur but petting the Ursaluna proves otherwise, “This is Ursaluna,” Eva explains to Shalin, motioning towards the bear, “It evolved from my Ursaring in a distortion after I found it chewing on some strange soil I’ve never seen before,” the pokemon grunts, shifting back as settles in the grass to lie down.

[break][break]

The next pokemon she releases is not nearly as large as the Ursaluna but it is certainly as intimidating. The Kleavor appears from the flash of light, lifting two, giant axe-hands to glimmer in the sunlight. The Arcanine behind the professor rises to its feet, having encountered the pokemon before, he knows its volatile nature, “This is a Kleavor, an evolution of Scyther. It evolved from my Scyther in a distortion while we were hiding in a cave with black rocks that look like the axes,” Eva points towards the pokemon’s hands.

[break][break]

She has several more pokemon that have come from the distortions, but she feels these are the most likely to fulfill Shalin’s curiosity.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 14:53:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Wow, they're big," Shalin gasped, her mouth wide open. From what she could tell, the Ursaring evolution was more quadrupedal than bipedal. The Ursaring she knew was the opposite, which was why she had held off so long on catching one. Plus, the species was fickle; though the professor's one had to be well-trained, Ursaring in general were quite hostile toward humans. "I'd love to go for a run on one sometime. Looks like it would be fun!"

The second Pokémon Eva released was unlike anything Shalin had seen. "Wow, really? A split evolution of Scyther? It looks almost nothing like Scyther or Scizor!" They did slightly resemble one another in body shape, but it was hard to believe evolution could drastically change body structure like that. "I'll need to keep Kleavor in mind when Hayabusa, my Scyther, clears customs."

"Oh, back to the giant Pokémon thing," Shalin interjected. "I've been noticing them outside distortions, too. I haven't seen any with glowing red eyes outside distortions, but I've been noticing an unusually large number of giant Pokémon in the wild of late, just in general. Oh! That reminds me!" She showed Eva a photograph of a giant, saddle-wearing Espeon. Unlike each other Pokémon Shalin had shown Eva so far, this one was not fully tacked. "This is Starr, my Espeon waiting to clear customs. I have a handful of giant Pokémon like her. If you have a field area and a place I can access my storage, I can let you study some of them in return for answering my questions."

{WC: 266}
{PC: 6}

ooc note: Starr is not shiny.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 15:53:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva smiles and steps to stand beside the Kleavor. The Arcanine behind her tenses further, the orange hairs on his back standing on end, “Consider it carefully, they are quite volatile and unpredictable,” In fact, that was enough stimulation for the Kleavor now. Eva promptly returned him to his pokeball before it had the chance to turn things messy. The Arcanine relaxed, sitting back down, “It nearly destroyed my lab the first time I released,” A nervous laugh escapes her. was kind enough to help her clean up afterwards.

[break][break]

Eva peers through the bright light to see the photo of the giant Espeon. Her eyes widen suddenly at the sight, “Wow! That is quite the pokemon!” naturally, there were some pokemon larger than others but this was certainly an anomaly, “I’m sure my science sister, , would be very interested in some samples,” she’s the geneticist of the pair. Discovering the mutations that made them this large would certainly be interesting! Of course, their research is spread pretty thin right now between the meteor and distortions. The samples may go bad by the time they get to them, “I’m definitely interested! But I may call upon you later when we’re not so busy,” Eva glances up at Shalin, “Is that ok?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 9:07:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That bad, huh?" Shalin asked Eva. The Kleavor had only been out of its Poké Ball for a few seconds and apparently that was too much. Yes, some Pokémon species were more aggressive and violence-prone than others. There were, however, always exceptions. Queen Zing was one of them; without seeing her, it was almost impossible to imagine a Beedrill that fought its instincts enough to behave sensibly in public, let alone one docile enough to hug people and be careful not to sting them in the process.

"For every typically violent species, it seems like there is one of its kind that just wants to give you a hug. It's amazing." She described the Beedrill she flew to Ever Grande on as a giant queen with the heart of a Skitty, as well as a Lapras of hers that was uncharacteristically aggressive for its species. "Every Pokémon is different, and it's up to us to be able to adapt to them."

"Dr. huh?" Shalin asked, happy to receive the referral. "Gonna have to pay them a visit...and you, of course, when things calm down. I imagine what's been in the news has kept you quite busy." While she didn't fully understand why Eva was so busy, there were a lot of new, unexplained phenomena in Hoenn. Shalin herself had taken an interest in the Distortions and the influx of extremely large Pokémon that had started appearing in Hoenn.

"Absolutely! Thank you so much for your time," Shalin answered. "I'll definitely make another appointment for you to check them out. Perhaps closer to the holidays. Maybe I'll have learned more myself about Pokémon like my Beedrill by then. I'll have walked away knowing a lot more than I did before. Hope we meet again!" With that, she waved goodbye to the researcher before turning toward the lab and campus exits. With her bug Pokémon still tired, she was going to have to find lodging in Ever Grande tonight before returning to the mainland.

{WC: 339}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 6:10:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva smiles and nods along, agreeing with Shalin whole-heartedly. Pokemon came in all shapes and varieties. It’s up to the trainers to guide them and adapt themselves to their partners’ needs.

[break][break]

“Yes, it’s been quite busy! But I’m sure we’ll find some time soon,” Eva’s smile is genuine, “I very much look forward to it!” she nods in approval. As much as she wants to dive right in, she knows her science sister is ‘expert’ in these sorts of things. Why now offer Shalin the best opportunity for discovery?

[break][break]

“Any time, Shalin! And if you ever have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to give me a call!” she had her information now if needed in the future, “I’m sure we will, sometime soon,” Eva waves as Shalin ventures off back into Ever Grande before returning to her work.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Evolution Inquisition
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 23:25:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: