4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 10:43:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her dream studies were growing. her ideas were turning into more feasible blueprints. with the matter of dealing with the meteor behind her—for it was surely out of her control—she was now free to turn her focus on other things. things she had left on the back burner.

while their space project continued, she’d begun to study musharna again. she’d been in touch with dr. holo. she was learning. today, she would be conducting an experiment of dream mist on another scientist she had not expected to volunteer. one whom she had almost had the mind to refuse, if only for the value of her full cognitive health.

beds were made in this corner of the lab. nearby, machines blinked and hummed. electrode monitors jutting with plumes of cords, among other medical-looking devices.

it was all very normal looking, but this would be anything but a normal sleep study.

as she waited for her appointment, she readied capsules of mist at a desk. there were two colors within them: pink, and black.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 12:20:26 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tous Songes sont Mensonges
[break][break]
[break]
She might regret this.

The reality of that thought haunted her like the Misdreavus that echoed her every step, the Ghost-type appearing almost giddy the more somber her mistress appeared. That had always been their dynamic, hadn't it? The more potent Elisabeth's emotions, the more Lavender seemed to relish the woman's company.

As if the ghost were feeding on whatever residual energy such intensity of emotion left behind.

"Head Scientist," Elisabeth greeted softly, her emerald eyes taking in the entirety of the lab in a single, sweeping glance, before turning to the woman herself.

It was her first time meeting with since her own appointment as admin. Access to the files available at Rocket Headquarters had made her aware of the woman's sleep studies, and ever since discovering them, Elisabeth could not seem to rid herself of the thought of assisting.

Her own dreams had always been too vivid. Too powerful.

So much so that Elisabeth would turn to anything to distract herself from them. Books, usually. Self-concocted potions, sometimes, when desperate enough for them.

And until recently, late night phone calls with one .

If she'd known the sheer depth of the insomnia of the scientist in front of her, Elisabeth might not have felt so uncertain about arriving here. The shift in perspective might have even shamed her, for thinking her situation difficult in the slightest.

After all, Elisabeth could still sleep, in the end.

"I understand your time is valuable," Elisabeth managed to say instead, in a voice that betrayed none of the doubts she herself held. "Let me know what I can do to make this process as effective as possible for you."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 8:33:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
head scientist. she was accustomed to being called things like dr flint, or even professor, however inaccurate these titles might’ve been. this one was accurate, sure, but there was something about it that she found odd.

typically, miss flint was preferrable. however, elisabeth was now not only one she considered a valuable scientist, and thus worthy of her respect, but she also now an admin. for this reason, after regarding her a moment and considering, she requested plainly, ”call me lulu, if you like.”

as with , another rocket of considerable influence and power, she wanted to ask why? why was elisabeth willingly putting herself at the mercy of a mythical pokémon so many people feared? she felt like she understood the likely thought process of grunts who had volunteered. anything to climb the ladder, but what about the people who were already at the top? what was there to gain from it?

”it’s an easy study on my part. however, i do want to ensure you are fully aware of what exactly we are doing here.”

she raised the pink-filled vial.

”this is dream mist from musharna. this mist will give you nothing but good dreams.”

then, she raised the other vial. the one filled with inky black.

”this is the mist of darkrai. it will give you terrible nightmares. likely the worst you have ever had. i am researching the interaction of these mists together, and how long it takes for good dreams to turn into bad ones. however long it takes, it is inevitable in this study.”

she paused.

”of course, dreams are only dreams.” she was lying through her teeth, then, at least by her own belief. ”but they can be quite terrifying.”
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 22:10:33 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
[break][break]
[break]
Typically, Elisabeth preferred formalities. She enjoyed the barrier of the distance they invoked, safe and socially condoned. It kept people from being too close, too casual, too personal with her.

When dismissed such titles, however, it was not the familiar reaction of unease that swept through her. Rather, it was a quiet pride and pleasure in being granted such informality from someone she so admired.

"Call me Elisabeth, then," she replied, and with that, a bond of some sort was silently formed.

The admin listened to the description of the procedure in silence, eyes darting from vial to vial. Musharna mist, hm? The part of her that dabbled in chemistry and perfumery idly wondered if this might be the missing ingredient in helping her manage her sleepless nights, although that thought fled as the Darkrai mist was discussed in detail.

The worst nightmares you have ever had.

"I see."

The phantoms she'd witnessed with in the Petalburg Woods came to mind, their illusions frighteningly real even as her own self-awareness kept them at bay. Dreams held no guarantee of such lucidity, however.

A heavy pause sat here, weighed down by thought, before Elisabeth ventured to speak once more.

"Dare I ask the state of most subjects upon waking?"

Assuming they awakened at all.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:09:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
as the name hit her ear, it felt odd. part of her immediately wished she could retract the request, but it was already there. she hardly wanted to pull anything away from someone who was of so much value to her.

had the head scientist known how much elisa was aware of her personal life, she might’ve retracted like a skittish cat to the shadows altogether. ignorance was bliss, maybe. or at least, in some cases, crucial to progress.

shrugging aside the discomfort she’d brought upon herself, she only gave a nod in acknowledgment before moving on.

what was the state of the subjects?

”distraught.” there was a pause, as she further considered. ”and often ashamed, i think.”

she would be honest. there was no point in holding back any truths.

”it can be very surprising and upsetting where the mind will go with a hard push. dreams can defy the things that hold our own world together, like judgment, and morality. a nightmare can make someone fear an ugly side of themselves, that may not actually exist.” not in their world, at least.

”i’ll be honest, ms.—elisabeth…” weird. ”i’ve wondered what the appeal of this study has been to the volunteers that’ve stepped forward. i’m perfectly aware that many are afraid of me—not to mention darkrai. but i imagine they come for the feeling of enlightenment that may be gleaned from such an experience.”

there was a pause.

”in a way, it is a chance to willingly face your fears.”
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 22:57:40 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
[break][break]
[break]
's candor about what to expect relieved her more than any false niceties would have.

Elisabeth wouldn't have believed anything kind.

"Mm. That's upsetting, but unsurprising." She crossed her arms, considering the matter, when Lulu's extrapolation of the topic caught her attention in a way that perturbed her -- like a hook snagging onto a loose thread of clothing, unraveling it piece by piece.

"In a way, it is a chance to willingly face your fears."

That acknowledgment sat with her for an uncomfortable span of silence.

It dragged up something from the murky depths of her own subconscious, some accusation from that rattled and rankled all the more mockingly due to the man who had uttered it: "It's okay to be afraid, Fiorelli."

How many nightmares had driven her to seek comfort and distraction in all the wrong places?

The weakness of it all incensed her.

Elisabeth didn't fear Lulu, however. If anything, she felt a sort of shameful inferiority around her: a quiet insecurity that one day, the scientist would learn the weaknesses that Elisabeth herself harbored.

Never for a moment did Elisabeth consider the hypocrisy inherent in the notion, given the secrets she privately and unknowingly guarded on the other woman's behalf.

Elisabeth was always more willing to protect and forgive the vulnerabilities of others, than to defend herself from the viciousness of her own self-reproach.

"Maybe there's some reckless masochism to it," the admin offered, a tight smile on her lips. "The desire to run towards the things that will damn you. I can't say I've never had that impulse, at least."

It was a poor explanation, but a truthful one nonetheless.

A hand extended itself towards the scientist, accepting the twin mists and the mutual ruination they offered.

"...Whenever you're ready, Lulu."

The unfamiliar sound of the woman's name tasted strange on her lips, but not unpleasantly so.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 14:09:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
”perhaps,” came her simple response to elisabeth’s sentiment, while she regarded her with a curious gaze. while lulu might’ve not been keen on the projection, it was accurate nonetheless.

masochism. being a glutton for punishment was hardly something she would ever claim out loud.

was that why she was here? perhaps finding it too intrusive to ask, lulu said nothing more about it, content to move on to the experiment.

not yet handing elisabeth anything, she suggested, ”you will want to lie down for this. plus, we’ve got to hook you up, still. just some electrodes around the head. nothing major or painful.”

other ideas and instruments were still in the drafting phase. while this was closer to a typical sleep study, the scientist was well on her way to something more befitting of a sci-fi story. everything was data. all memories could be taken, saved, and accessed with the right keys.

her hand gestured to a row of beds.

”take your pick.”

and once she did, the electrodes would be placed between blonde hair, sticking against the scalp, their cords hanging like leeches from a docile host. a mask would be placed over her face. a hiss from the machine next to her would release the pink mist first.

what lied on the other side would be built of wishes or desires, or happy memories. whether elisabeth’s mind decided to go, it would be utterly pleasant—at least, until the smallest amount of black mist was allowed to slip in, like a tiny, venomous spider. said good dream would, eventually, turn into something more sinister.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 18:54:21 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Rêver
[break][break]
[break]
The cold touch of technology and metal caused Elisabeth to stiffen as it latched onto her skull; the way her body reclined on the bed felt like a surrender to this foreign influence, one that caused the first spike of fear to jolt through her with a silent spasm of terror that she fiercely bit back.

You wanted this. You asked for this.

When Elisabeth breathed in the pink mist, however, her eyelids began to close. The thoughts silenced, one by one, and the panic slipped out along with them.

Nothing but the scent and memory of roses remained.

Galarian roses. Father had imported dozens of them into their gardens outside Camphrier Town, and now, in this moment, they finally were flourishing in full bloom. Elisabeth could see them in every conceivable colour: crimson red, blushing pink, sunshine-yellow, pale peach, royal purple... and even a mysterious shade of twilight blue.

They were too beautiful to be real. A hand reached to touch one, daring to prove it was tangible and whole, only for another to pull her back.

"Mon fleur," her mother chided, laughing as she gathered her in her arms, "careful of the thorns! Be gentle with the flowers, no? They don't like to be touched."

Suddenly Elisabeth was a child again: playing at being someone older, impatient to grow up as she squirmed in her mother's grasp.

"Which one is your favorite?" she asked eagerly, her fingers interlacing with her mother's. A Wurmple crawled on the girl's shoulder, curling up beneath her halo of golden hair as she glanced up at her. "Do you have one?"

"It changes, I think. Depending on the day."

A reassuring squeeze answered Elisabeth's hold before relinquishing it; a golden wedding band flashed on the older woman's hand as it pulled away, winking in the sunlight. With a slow and methodical precision, Georgiana Fiorelli reached out with a pair of gardening shears to clip one pink flower, wrapping its thorns in an embroidered floral handkerchief before handing it to her daughter.

"Pink ones make me think of you, though."

"What do they mean?" she insisted, positively vibrating with curiosity as she held the bloom close. Daisy the Wurmple wriggled down her arm to better inspect the blossom, mandibles sneakily munching on a leaf in reach. "You always say they mean something."

"Pink roses? Many things, mon cherie. One being perfect happiness." A gentle kiss was pressed to her brow, before Georgiana Fiorelli smiled and promised, "And you are my happiness, Elisabeth."

There would be a time that memory would cause her pain beyond all imagining, but in this moment, in this universe that knew no other, Elisabeth basked in the glow of her mother's affection, like a flower worshipped the life-giving rays of the sun.

The black mist is like a spider scuttling into the petals of a blossoming rose, unobtrusive and silent as it seeps into her lungs...

Sunlight spilled through the windows of her bedroom, honeyed and golden as it filtered through the filmy gossamer of her curtains.

Elisabeth arose from her slumber with a yawn, peculiarly well-rested as memories of her mother warmed her thoughts. For the first time in a long time, she felt as if she had slept well. It startled and pleased her in equal measure, making it difficult to leave her bed in the first place.

Would she be allowed to just lie here like this for a few hours, she wondered? It was so relaxing, and she hadn't relaxed since... oh, she couldn't remember when.

Her Beautifly darted about her mistress in a gleeful arc to see her awaken, wings fluttering with excitement as she pulled her from her bed.

"Hello, Daisy," Elisabeth said, amused, as she walked over to the mirror, preparing herself for the day. "You seem in good spirits."

A faint sense that she had to do something -- Was it her garden? Visiting a shop, maybe? No, no, she had a shop, she was fairly certain, though the exact details eluded her -- drifted in the back of her mind as she found something in the wardrobe to her liking. Most things here were too ostentacious for daily wear, but if you looked carefully you could find...

"Lady," came a cool voice from the doorway, "he's waiting for you."

All at once, the warmth that had carried with her into the morning plunged into something chill and cold. "Who?" she ventured, anxiety seeping into the back of her mind like rain trickling down a windowsill. "Who is waiting for me?"

"Don't keep him waiting," was the only response she received before the voice vanished, its threat lingering in the aftermath of silence.

The lights of the room flickered, in a way that reminded her of (Mirage Island? How strange, she couldn't remember a place like that in all of Kalos), well, of something, anyway.

When she turned around, Daisy was nowhere to be found, at first.

It was then Elisabeth's green eyes caught the butterfly pinned against the wall above her bed, its stained-glass wings immortalized in taxidermy.

Rather than shock, it was the slow-moving dread of lost realization that settled into her spine.

That was right. Daisy was dead. Had been dead for years now. How could she have forgotten?

By placing the corpse there, her mother-in-law ensured that Elisabeth never would.

"My mind is playing tricks on me," she murmured to herself, a hand shaking as she tied up her hair. "I must have still been dreaming."

And she was, but at the same time, she wasn't.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 2:18:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the pink mist filled the mask, pulling to the surface roses of all colors. pleasant. the head scientist couldn’t see it, but she could see how elisabeth looked. peaceful. just like everyone else, when they first went under.

part of her missed it. the other part of her was glad she never looked quite so vulnerable anymore.

as the black mist seeped in, it was much like the effect of cream in coffee. it existed on its own, swirling thinly into elisabeth’s lungs. lulu watched for every movement, even the slightest twitch in the face. how long would it take?

the darkness grew, predictably, overtaking the pink mist. it was fitting. darkness tended to creep in the corners, waiting—but it could so easily consume everything around it when given the opportunity. in a way, it was beautiful. she had always been a sucker for that kind of power.

”be gentle with her, please,” the scientist requested aloud, as though the mist itself could hear her. as though she could bend its will.

but the darkness didn’t know mercy. It was like the wind, and water. It simply was, and it would take those that lied its way.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 4:33:52 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Rêver
[break][break]
[break]
TW: Violence and Disturbing Imagery.

The main corridor of the manor was never-ending, even as the exit remained tantalizingly fixed in place.

It dizzied Elisabeth, the way each hallway's door appeared the same, each window reflected the same view, and the same servants continued in a bland, faceless procession past her.

"Lady," they echoed into the nothingness, and something in the formality of that title mocked her.

The exit remained as distant as ever, no matter how long, or how far, she walked. It maddened her.

Where was she going, exactly? She couldn't remember. She'd known it a moment ago, some place with open windows and doors and a garden that she...

"He's waiting for you," another servant whispered while passing by. "Don't keep him long."

Like a switch, this warning triggered a violent alarm in her, and without understanding why, she ran. All at once, the hallway blurred around her, the colours all melting into one another like a kaleidoscope as she threw herself towards the door in the distance over and over and over and over again.

Why did nothing bring her closer to escape?

An unexpected sound interrupted the disquiet of her thoughts, like that of rattling pipes, arresting her in place. The world veered on its axis as she adjusted to the shift in her momentum, a puddle of water forming beneath one of the many uniform doors.

Tentatively, Elisabeth reached for the knob and, after only a moment's hesitation, opened it.

But he wasn't there.

Someone else familiar stared back at her.

There was a woman sobbing, a Misdreavus hovering overhead and licking her tears. Somehow, impossibly, the droplets had amassed into a teeming flood, her crying filling the entirety of the parlor with water.

When the young blonde noblewoman looked at Elisabeth, her red-rimmed eyes widened.

"Please," the fragile woman begged, rising to her feet. "Please, you have to help me. You don't understand. He'll kill me if you don't."

There was something wild, something desperate to the way this phantom stared at her, as if looking through Elisabeth and seeing all that she was and had ever been.

Elisabeth's lips moved, but no sound came out. She backed away, unmoored, her thoughts nothing but a hum of static and confusion. "I'm sorry. I don't know how to escape," she whispered, and at that point, the sobbing woman let out a bloodcurdling howl.

"You LIE," the crying Kalosian snarled, and all at once, her tear-dampened hair snaked forward with a life of its own, the curls wrapping around Elisabeth with the tenacity of vines. Again the lights overhead flickered, and when sight returned to her, the wild-eyed woman was sneering at her, barely an inch away from her face. "You think I'm weak. You want me dead. You've always wanted me dead."

Did she? Had she? Disgust curdled in the pit of Elisabeth's stomach, the pitiful look of this creature's gaze inciting some long-dormant spark in her. Some hatred that she couldn't name.

"Let go of me," Elisabeth hissed, and her hands found themselves on her doppelganger's pale neck. As her hands tightened, the fragile doll-like girl twitched and spasmed, her hair going limp at her sides as she clutched at her throat, too late, scratching valiantly for release.

"Please," her younger self sobbed out, before even that became impossible.

When the pathetic woman crumpled lifelessly on the floor, Elisabeth looked up and saw faced another figure's silent judgment. "Elisabeth," her mother whispered, kneeling to the ground to tend to the fallen girl. "Oh, Elisabeth. What have they done to you?"

The way that Georgiana Fiorelli looked up at the killer of her only child spoke of a fathomless, unending hate, glittering with tears.

"You don't understand," Elisabeth protested, her breath hitching in her throat as she backed away. "I had no choice. I had no choice..."

Wasn't it true? Didn't it have to be true? If it wasn't... If it wasn't...

The lights flickered again, and this time, Georgiana's face was someone else's entirely. Some other woman that Elisabeth couldn't bear to disappoint.

looked at her, wounded and hurt beyond all imagining, as she cradled the fallen woman and whispered, "You monster. Who even are you?"

It was only then that Elisabeth caught a glance of herself in the mirror, and froze in place. A withered, elderly woman bedecked in pearls and rings grinned back at her, a sleeping Salazzle wrapped around her shoulders. The stench of Casablanca lilies, suffocating beyond all imagining, invaded her lungs.

"I'm not her, Gigi," Elisabeth whispered. "This place is lying to you. I'm not that woman. I will never be her."

But no matter her protests, the image of the Dowager Countess in the mirror didn't change.

The sound of her mother-in-law's laughter followed her as she fled, returning once more to a corridor that knew no ending.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 4:40:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the good dream was fading. lulu didn’t see petals wilt into darkness, or the young medusa-like doppelganger that elisabeth strangled, but she could feel it all descending into something sinister.

there was something within her that begged her to draw closer, and take what little remained of those pleasant things in her slumbering head. she nearly loomed over elisa, at the edge of self-control. when the black mist was finally all that remained, it would render her immediately safe from lulu’s hungry demons—but hardly from her own.

and then, at that point, the mist filtered out of the mask, replaced with crisp, cool air. elisabeth would be left to wake on her own. if like most cases, it would happen within a few minutes—but there were rare occasions when it did take longer.

the scientist continued to watch.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 7:13:26 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Rêver
[break][break]
[break]
TW: Violence and Disturbing Imagery.

She ran. She ran until her legs gave out, leaden beneath her, leaving her body unable to cooperate with the thoughts screaming in her mind.

"He's waiting for me," Elisabeth whispered, huddled in the darkness as she covered her head in her hands. "Why run? Wherever I go, he's waiting for me."

Her heart rammed itself into her throat, choking her with her own pulse.

Like an accordion, the manor's halls had collapsed and folded to form a single confined space, warping in answer to her inaction. Across from her place on the floor, a blonde man beamed a bright, blinding smile at his desk.

"Who's waiting for you, Lady Bortiforte?" the reporter asked, a pen setting itself to paper. Cool blue eyes flitted up to meet hers, amused. "You seem nervous. Don't be."

She'd asked to see this man, hadn't she? Some reporter. A member of some media outlet. She'd bribed one of the servants to reach out to him on her behalf, that was right. It was coming back to her, now, all too painfully slowly.

"I'm sorry," she managed, pressing a hand to her forehead. "I don't feel... like myself."

"Don't you?"

For a moment, grinned back at her, with teeth so sharp they seemed like knives. He reached across the desk towards her, and all of her being resisted his touch, flinching as she shrank back against the wall.

"Tell me your darkest secret, Miss Fiorelli."

There was a dissonance in the question: one that mirrored in the way the room shifted, becoming a table set for two in a contest hall that she both did and didn't recognize.

When she gave no answer, the Kalosian filled the silence with his own: "Did the divine and dulcet Lady Fiorelli kill her husband? No, certainly not."

And the words, when spoken in this place and time, echoed like a threat.

No, she realized as her tongue fused to the roof of her mouth: it was a promise.

"He's waiting for you," Barnaby warned with a puckish grin, before the world ripped itself apart again to remake itself anew.

The same cage. It was always the same cage.

The black mist writhes and moves, inhaled in its entirety, drifting through the passageways of the inert mind. Lids can only be held down tightly for so long before the squirming things held beneath the subconscious break free.

Fire. It licked every wall of the manor, burning the carpet to ash and filling the entirety of the corridor with smoke. Elisabeth covered her mouth with her hands, coughing, as her teary eyes attempted to make sense of her new surroundings. There was only one exit.

One she feared taking more than any other.

"He's waiting for you."

A hand grabbed her by the shoulder, rough and insistent in its clutches, as she looked up with alarm to meet another's green-eyed gaze.

"That man will kill you, if you stay here," a bodyguard she'd once known warned, his voice thick with grief. "You're a kind person, Lady Bortiforte. A good person. I... Forgive me, but you need to get out. You don't know the man you married."

"I don't know how to leave, Simon," Elisabeth pleaded, and the golden-haired man pulled her closer. The relief that his presence had briefly offered evaporated with the sneering mockery of his next words:

"You deserve to know what it means to be loved."

All at once his grip became something stifling; he was some feral wolf breathing down her neck, claws digging into her skin and hair as he dragged her across the burning floor to the exit. She bit, she screamed, she flailed in retaliation, but nothing mattered; her every protest was met with stronger resistance, as if the more she cried out against him, the more power he gained from her pleas.

"You chose him in the end, didn't you?" he snarled, vicious as he turned to her struggling figure on the ground. "You made your bed, Elisa. Now lie in it."

The entryway glared at them both as he pushed the doors open, revealing a new inferno of dancing golden flames. When he looked at her again, his green eyes held something more solemn to them.

While in his hands, he held a gun.

"...Sorry," murmured, a finger resting on the trigger. Contempt radiated from him, like the very fires that surrounded them both.

She wanted the mercy of the gun.

Her eyes begged him for the release of an ending.

But the only ending that would come for her would be beyond these doors.

"He's waiting for you."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 0:48:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she had known running, just as she had known killing a lover—however indirectly or unintentionally. it haunted her, and once upon a time, his blood had filled her own dreams, smeared across the faces of her demons that had now followed her into the waking world. they had nowhere else to go these days.

elisabeth continued to dream, and lulu, having gotten what she needed, turned to take a seat across the room. she crossed a leg, and grabbed a neglected cup of coffee, and stared into her own thoughts.

perhaps sleep acted, normally, as a compartment for the world’s worst thoughts. the darkest things that all its people could conjure inside their heads, tucked away benignly, so that they could not disrupt and destroy the ‘real’ universe.

how would the world be if not for dreams? how long would it continue to exist? what purpose did dreams actually serve?
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 3:06:41 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Enfer
[break][break]
[break]
TW: Allusions to Domestic Abuse and Trauma.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635514454108405760/1020529558384037918/Y2Mate.is_-_Golden_slaughterer-raxEmANPTVc-160k-1659936484246.mp3[/player]

Time stops for her, then rewinds.

When it resumes, she doesn't forget the future that lies in wait for her when the fateful hands of the clock move forward.

What a mercy it would be, if she had.

Here, in this false here and now, the white of Elisabeth's wedding dress glistens as if woven with rays of purest moonlight. The gauzy fabric shimmers around her, soft and delicate as a lily's petals, as she looks at herself for a moment through the veiled eyes of someone older.

She is nineteen and still someone worth loving, worth being, in this moment.

Before her stands the precipice she is doomed to throw herself from.

His coal black eyes command her onwards, and she can feel the pull of some invisible hook that has buried its string deep into the clutches of her heart, dragging her step by step across the burning floor.

She wants to speak. To protest. To do anything but silently obey him.

No, she begs, in a voice so soft and quiet it can barely be heard, even in her own mind. No. Not this. Please. No. Not this. Not again.

Dreams rob her of the ability to scream.

"Or, does your lost love define who you are, Miss Fiorelli?"

No.

"He's dangerous, Elisa. More than you think."

Stop me.

"What happened to you, Fiorelli?"

Please.

She can hear them--a cacophony of doubts, one after the other, that protest her inevitable procession forward--but she can't recognize their voices.

She does not know them yet: their name, their place, their time. Perhaps, in this universe, she will never know them.

Every footstep is agony, like standing upon the sharpest knife until she bleeds.

When he parts her bridal veil, fear shudders through every part of her body, leaving her naked in ways that she cannot express aloud.

"Lisa," he breathes into her ear, and that alone is enough to dissolve whatever small shred of courage she yet possesses. "I've been waiting for you."

The fires have never extinguished. The inferno has never once abated.

Theirs is a reunion fated in the deepest recesses in hell, until death do us part.

Where his hands seize her, cruel embers spark to life, swallowing skin and clothing to leave a trail of ash and ruin. A primal scream rips at last from her throat, and he claims even this part of her, his mouth devouring hers to render her voiceless. Where he ends and she begins becomes impossible to know as she surrenders to him.

She is a moth transfixed by a pyre that demands to be fed, hungering to know what rests in the heart of that enticing flame. She yearns to immolate herself upon it. To punish herself, for crimes as yet uncommitted, with hands that will not lie to her and tell her she deserves to be loved.

Fire consumes itself in its own hateful greed.

They consume one another, over and over and over again, until they are nothing but unraveling tongues of flame.

Even when reduced to soot and ash, she will never free herself of him.

They burn as one and the same.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dreams are made of this
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 2:44:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
tw: allusion to domestic violence

there was no forgetting the feeling of hands grasping a little too hard to be driven by love.

lulu had not forgotten rinc’s hands. that feeling rested in one of the deepest parts of her, a compartment where her mind had kept every bit of the bad. her guilt when the dragons had killed him had filed it away, rendering him nothing less than angelic in her memory—until she’d seen his ghost, and the gun in his hand. she’d remembered him for what he was, then.

love was, is most complicated. when love had been so scarce to begin with, broken love had been good enough. to succumb and never know any better was indeed a nightmare. the inferno elisa and her monster burned in was surely hell itself.

but lulu didn’t see it. she wouldn’t know. she sat, and watched still, glancing towards the clock on the wall. it hadn’t been long enough to worry yet, but the thought began to tickle at her mind: hopefully this wasn’t another situation.

what made people stay in their nightmares longer? was it sadness? remorse? did it mean they had greater will, strength of heart, or was it the opposite?