Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 14:09:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

As a reporter with her head plunged into the sand, the idea of ever looking up always terrified her. There was so much work to be done down below, within the very organizations that led this region, that looking towards mythos and gods and whatever else captivated the minds of the powerful -- it was a pitiful attempt to ignore what truly mattered.
[break][break]
But the wounds of that digitalized nightmare still bled. Whether it be her own doppelganger, rocket's wolf, or a pack of angered combees, Penelope's lack of strength was more apparent than ever. A clear line that distinguished herself from the very people her job demanded her to keep in check.
[break][break]
Information is power. Influence is power. Those were two statements she'd sooner die than forget. But, despite the power they foretold, a new statement now scorched itself between them, bright and bolded between the lettering; power is power. Whether it was pitiful or not didn't matter anymore. If she were to continue onwards, something had to change, even by just a little.
[break][break]
Arms wrapped around her torso, she kept herself sat ontop the dunes of mirage island, only looking out toward the sealine. Where was her power, she wondered. What allowed her to stand?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,030 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:39:25 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
walking over the small dunes was an exhausting affair, especially after what they'd all just dealt with.
[break][break]
his emotions come back to him all at once, and it's every bit worse than when they had been taken from him. the anger, and rage, he'd hoped was the digital worlds' doing — they weren't. that cold, washing feeling, was his entirely.
[break][break]
plopping a seat next to a certain red-head, he sits and watches the horizon with her in silence for a long moment. when he speaks, his voice is soft, somewhat distant, but clearly concerned.
[break][break]
"you alright?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:48:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"No." Vulnerability tore at her throat, forcing her words to sound more like a croak than actual English. Unlike the gym leader, the woman was still clearly entrapped by the digital effects. They wore at her heart, harsh and unrelenting, until it bled crimson and doubt.
[Break][break]
Her shakey fingers further dug themselves into her skin and her head found itself hidden behind her knees.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,030 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:54:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
this wasn't new to greyson; shifting his feelings to prioritize another's. perhaps, in all of that, he's learned to hide his own feelings a time or two.
[break][break]
"want to talk about it?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 1:00:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no..." Lies poured out from her mouth in another loud, unstable croak. The only difference was, this time, she unraveled herself for long enough to look back at the man.
[Break][break]
Using the palms of her hands to wipe the stray puddles of water from the corner of her eyes, she puffed out a weak, "how about you? Are you okay?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,030 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 1:05:44 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]

he cracks her a small, but convincing smile. it's tired, but he hopes that's just the cyberchase speaking.
[break][break]
"meh, i'll be alright. just need a good nights sleep, i think."
[break][break]
it's a lie, but it's nothing too major, right? greyson turns back to the waves, twiddling his thumbs in-between the gaps of his knees, as he waits for her to process her own emotions.

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 1:40:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"A good night's sleep," she mused, "that sounds nice as hell right now..."
[Break][break]
But, somehow, she still wondered if that's all he needed.
[Break][break]
Not that he would ever tell her. Despite the amount of times she has broken down in front of him, he never dared to do the same. It sometimes bothered her, leaving Penelope to wonder whether the leftovers of their early entanglements still plagued their friendship?
[Break][break]
Maybe, maybe not.
[Break][break]
Turning, her eyes returned to sea line again. Dread still welted up inside, but at least with Greyson beside her now, making it easier to breath.
[Break][break]
"I've just...never seen anything like that before." She scoffed, shaking her head lightly. "Not just that... I-I always knew that I wasn't the strongest out there, but, but I didn't think I was that weak. In there -- in whereever the fuck place that was -- I felt so fucking helpless, man."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,030 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 1:56:50 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
her digests her words, but, most importantly, he lets her digest them. speaking about that pain was helpful, far more than a listening ear.
[break][break]
"it was... uncomfortable," he says with a grimace, sighing.
[break][break]
"i felt something similar when i was faced down groudon — how small i felt, in that moment, i think i'll remember for the rest of my life. the fear was.. it was a lot." his mind goes back to the lanced, dead gods.
[break][break]
"if that's what in store for us, it's going to be a long-road forward, you know."

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 21:31:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The creeping feeling of isolation slowly began to slip from her body as a relief in its place. Just being able to sit here and speak her mind to someone who understood -- it was comforting in more ways than she could properly articulate. And, as a journalist, that was saying something.
[break][break]

"I know."
[break][break]

A sigh forced its way out from her lips as she tilted her head back. Being forced to prepare for the worst was slowly becoming Hoenn's trademark.
[break][break]

"What did you do? After the groundon incident, I mean. How did you deal with these feelings?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
WAKE UP
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 7:59:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: