Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 18:11:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Ever since meeting , Penelope hadn't been able to fully get their situation out of her head. To willingly cut yourself from your family was one thing, but to be forced to stay regions apart from one another because a war you had no stake in? It drove her mad. It was why, a week prior to today, she ended up sending an innocent text to the said delivery boy.
[break][break]

But why? Well, upon landing, it would take no more than a minute for the man to realize he'd been invited to help attend a "walk for veteran rangers" funrun. Right in the smack middle of petalburg.
[break][break]

"Hey, you made it," the councilwoman would shout upon noticing him, "c'mon, follow me."
[break][break]

Beyond just pitching an idea, she wanted to show him what it'd look like. And what better way was there than to help another charity while they were at it?
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

VALOR - helping hand

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 15:14:04 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heartinjured"]
[attr="class","heartpicinjured"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlistinjured"]

[attr="class","heartpkmninjured"]

[attr="class","hearticonholderinjured"]
[attr="class","hearticoninjured"]
[attr="class","heartnoteboxinjured"]
[attr="class","heartnotesinjured"]

notes

[attr="class","heartsideinjured"]

[attr="class","hearttaginjured"]

[attr="class","hearttextboxinjured"]

[attr="class","hearttextinjured"]
Locke's first thought on landing was that he should've parked a little further from the playground, as his Drampa was almost immediately swarmed by a group of children waiting for the event to start.

[break][break]

His second, after picking his way through the kids on uncoordinated crutches, was that he maybe should've informed his host of his injuries before agreeing to anything.

[break][break]

"Miss Livy…" they started, tone already laced with exhaustion as they stared up at the banner over the starting line. "We won't be the ones walking, will we?"

[break][break]

They had hoped whatever task the councilwoman brought them for would involve sitting down. There were a few other stalls dotted around the park stocked with water, fliers, and what looked like people taking pledges, so maybe it wasn't out of the question yet...

Nano

[newclass=.heartinjured]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#5A5F69; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicinjured] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #5A5F69, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/VrFl8y8.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticoninjured] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/aJwVOYR.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistinjured] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmninjured] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#5A5F69; border:solid 1px #00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxinjured] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured b] color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsideinjured] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxinjured] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #00917D; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttaginjured] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholderinjured] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #00917D; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 17:17:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Shit.
[Break][break]
Locke's arrival marked the carelessness of her research. If she had known of his injuries, she would've had them meet closer to the tents, or at least have a pokemon ready to help assist them across the field. Coughing into her rolled up fists, the woman fixed herself a forced smile before looking over. "With those injuries? Of course not."
[Break][break]
Silent curses laced her thoughts as she glanced across the field, up over where a few pokemon assists stood. "Do you think you can make it to the tent over there, or would you like some help?" She first gestured to the pledges tent, then the jumble of pokemon beside it. Some, like Mudsdale, were large enough to be ridden. A psychic type could also help with a minor teleportation trick.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 15:26:41 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

notes

Locke didn't bother holding back his relief.

[break][break]

"Thank goodness…" he sighed, following the reporter's gesture to their intended destination-a far less daunting distance than what most participants would be undertaking today. "I think I can make that alright, I've had a bit of practice with these already."

[break][break]

And they didn't want to lose any more face in front of the councilwoman.

[break][break]

"Um, I'm grateful for the opportunity Miss Livy," they began along the way, trying not to show how out of breath they already were, "But was there a reason you called for me specifically to join you today, or…?"

Nano

[newclass=.heartinjured]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#5A5F69; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicinjured] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #5A5F69, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/VrFl8y8.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticoninjured] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/aJwVOYR.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistinjured] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmninjured] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#5A5F69; border:solid 1px #00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxinjured] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsideinjured] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxinjured] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #00917D; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttaginjured] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholderinjured] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #00917D; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 4:39:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

That was good.
[break][break]

Honestly, with such an oversight, she was already embarrassed enough asking them to haul themselves over, so she was silently thankful they were so willing to make do.
[break][break]

"Awesome! But, mm, just let me know if you do. I don't mind calling someone over if need be."
[break][break]

As they made their way over to the tent, the councilwoman would look over, stealing glimpses here and there to both ensure the other's safety and to keep some level of eye contact in between steps.
[break][break]

"Yes, yes. Do you remember the last time we spoke? In regards to your family?"
[break][break]

She took a second to pause, allowing them to answer the question before continuing.
[break][break]

"Frankly, it hasn't left my mind since. Do you mind me asking: have you received any support from the league? Anything at all?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 7:06:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

notes

"Ah-yes I do," he confirmed distractedly, easing into his claimed seat before sinking down with a sigh. The relief was so great he almost missed the reporter's follow-up.

[break][break]

"Support?" he repeatedly dumbly, before the question fully settled in his brain. "Oh, um…"

[break][break]

He didn't want to lie to the councilwoman; out of the whole League she struck him as one of the few people who were genuinely in it to help people-rather than just to wage war against various factions. But those early days in the region had been…

[break][break]

"Well, there was a…a social worker, I guess?" they finally responded, struggling to recall a name or even a face for the woman who'd kindly guided a shell-shocked teenager to a bench looking over the beach and helped them through their first panic attack.

[break][break]

"She-you have to understand," they started again. "It was chaos when we got to Slateport. Everyone was panicking, nobody knew what was going on or if we'd be able to go home at all, and there just weren't enough people to…to help everyone."

[break][break]

They paused, trying to think of the right phrasing that wouldn't look bad on the League or their handling of the situation at the time. "She was very nice, but she had other people she needed to help, and after she left to go do that…I'm sure she didn't mean to forget, there was just so much going on…"

[break][break]

They understood.

[break][break]

They understood…

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 1:18:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A social worker?
[break][break]
Just a social worker?
[break][break]
Penelope's lips pressed into a thin line and brows furrowed into one. Sure, The League has been swamped by incoming calls from across regions all month. And, even before Penelope's appointment, she'd heard rumors of the chaos that initially erupted all over slateport on that ultra beast-infested day, and all that's been happening since.
[break][break]
But still.
[break][break]
"I'm sorry."
[break][break]
The councilwoman's lips lifted into a wistful smile. For all she's done, if there were still people like Locke out there, left without a lick of assistance, what hope did the rest of the region have?
[break][break]
"That never should've happened."
[break][break]
The worst part? She was sure as hell wasn't the only victim of being lost in the system -- there were most likely far more like them out there, drifting from place to place, without the assistance they were promised.
[break][break]
She paused, smiled again, then let out a sigh.
[break][break]
"If you're interested, I'd like to maybe help in The League's stead?"
[break][break]
Or, as the league? Whatever worked better.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:24:23 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

notes

Locke blinked back at the councilwoman, taken aback by the sudden apology.

[break][break]

"It was five years ago Miss Livy," he replied matter-of-factly. "I've hardly even thought about it."

[break][break]

He couldn't afford to. What good would it do? You can't fill a stomach with regrets, and anger burns better than it warms.

[break][break]

It never should've happened.

[break][break]

But it did.

[break][break]

They just had to live with it.

[break][break]

Or so they thought.

[break][break]

"Help?" they echoed, tilting his head as if the new angle would give equal perspective to her offer. "I'm not sure what you mean. I know I might not look it, but I'm a full adult now Miss-isn't it a bit late for that now?"

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 18:18:04 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You're right," she nodded, "But even adults could use a little help here and there. Especially nowadays."
[Break][break]
She pressed her lips into a smile, a glint glimmering across her golden eyes. Gesturing toward their surroundings, she continued.
[Break][break]
"This fun run is to help raise money for Veteran Rangers. After spending so much time serving our region and keeping us safe, I think it's only fair we look to give back."
[Break][break]
They held so many stories -- memories that spanned far beyond when this war bullshit first started inflicting pain onto people's daily lives. They remembered what it was like to know and smile to your neighbor. To feel safe within your own home. She was thankful, through the sponsors and donors and help, they'd be able to not only amplify their voices, but allow them to finish off their lives in the comfort they've earned.
[Break][break]
"I'd like to something similar for you, and the others who've been displaced after Kanto. "
[Break][break]
Others. God, she could only imagine how many they were.
[Break][break]
"It doesn't have to be a fun run. It could be anything - as long as we get the assistance to those that need it. What do you think?"
[Break][break]
She smiled again, hopeful.
[Break][break]
"Needless to say, Id love to have you on board with this. Helping me lead this thing where it needs to go."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 4:55:14 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

notes

There were many reasons Locke had never told anyone about their circumstances; the guilt of being a burden, the desire for their own independence, the fear of being rejected.

[break][break]

But the biggest reason was the embarrassment.

[break][break]

Five years. Five years they'd been living on their own and they couldn't even manage the most basic of necessities. What kind of adult did that make them?

[break][break]

But here was someone with a not-inconsiderable amount of power-a real adult with real authority-telling him that that wasn't how it was supposed to be. That he wasn't meant to do it alone.

[break][break]

It wasn't a failure on his part.

[break][break]

"I think that's a wonderful idea," he agreed with a soft, genuine smile. "Delibird Deliveries would be happy to help in whatever way possible."

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 22:42:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Like the crack of a match striking against the box, Locke's answer unlocked a flash of flames across her face, which easily spread up to her eyes.
[break][break]

"Perfect."
[break][break]

Lines of people would continue filter in and out from their tent, signing up with the available attendees. All the while Penelope would continue to describe her plans, the variety of options, and names of people who'd be interested in providing for the cause. Occasionally, she'd make sure to include brief pauses to inquire if Locke had any lingering comments or suggestions, using those to steer their discussion forward.
[break][break]

"So that's all I have right now."
[break][break]

Was her concluding statement, adorned by the ever present smile still smeared across her face.
[break][break]

"Maybe we could see each other again? I can run through a few of those names then get back to with some results. Maybe in two weeks?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
WALK AND TALK
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 12:45:53 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

notes

"You've certainly thought it all through, huh?" Locke commented after waving off another sign-on. "I can definitely get everything where you need it, and even gauge interest with locals. Delivery work may not be as flashy as the stuff the council gets up to, but you hear a lot more when you're invisible."

[break][break]

Ji-Ji's appeared next in line, sticking his giant head into the tent to take a curious look at what the humans were up to until Locke successfully shoved the dragon away.

[break][break]

"Two weeks then," he agreed. "I'm looking forward to it."

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights