6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Less Crashing, More Coursing [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 8:26:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Crash, the Leader's Boltund, was the fourth to cross the line, leaving Elvis and his Lycanroc a distant fifth as they crossed the line. "Your form is passable, but you clearly have not developed enough trust with your Lycanroc to truly ride as one," the Leader explained to the young trainer who had finished the race in last place by a country mile. "Until you can demonstrate that you and your Lycanroc can be of one mind while in the saddle, I can never award the Quick Badge to you. You have good fundamentals, though. Work on strengthening your bond with your Lycanroc, and I am sure you will come in first place next time. I have faith that we will meet again, Elvis. Good luck in your future endeavors!"

And with that, Josh's last official challenger his Minor League Gym would ever get was in the books. He could now get to work getting the heavy-duty equipment, such as the scoreboard, bleachers, and the like, shipped to Mauville City. Everything except the lights and the starting arch; he would need those for one last piece of business the night before the transition. For now, though, this was the finale of a short but insightful chapter of his new life in Hoenn. As a Major League Gym Leader, he had a much greater responsibility over his shoulders. He was looking forward to it!

Suddenly, Josh received a call from his secretary, who was finishing up some office cleanup and getting boxes of electronics and documents ready to be shipped to Mauville City. "Leader Devlin. ...Oh, is here? Send him on through." Leader Faber had agreed to carve out time from his busy schedule to stop by the Racing Grounds before they moved to Mauville proper; Josh wouldn't be surprised if the Leader intended to challenge his new Gym after it opened in three days. For now, though, he simply sat astride his Manectric, awaiting Noah's entry to the sprawling facility.

{WC: 331}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Nitro         Gogoat         Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 6:06:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hey man!"[break][break]

noah is quick to chime in. it is clear that the electric energy of his texts translates to the acoustic timbre of his voice. he waves a bright hand as he treads upon josh's racing grounds.[break][break]

"excited about the move?"[break][break]

not all minor league gym leaders aim to join the major circuit, but the noble responsibility is the same no matter one's station. minor league, major league, it does not matter. team rocket will not discriminate in their takeover.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machoke"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 6:26:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Racing Grounds' north doors swung open, revealing the Verdanturf Gym Leader. "Nice to see you again, Noah!" he greeted the waving fighting-type master, Josh's Manectric bounding toward him to get within handshake range. "I'm stoked! As big as this place is, my new Gym in Mauville City is gonna be even bigger!" The smile on the new Leader's face was beaming. "I'll be able to have a much wider variety of courses to test challengers with! I've been flooded with calls about challenges already. It's evident I'm going to have to give up professional racing, but now I'll be able to share my passion for it with hundreds of trainers."

Saber let out a howl and a bark to greet Noah, remembering the battle he had with his powerful Medicham. "It's actually kinda funny how all this happened. It all sorta happened at once. The same day I got approved to the Minor League, I also enlisted with the Rangers after taking on an odd job for them. There's this small shrine northwest of Fortree City, dedicated to the story of the legendary Pokémon Raikou," the new Leader recounted the tale of the innocuous event that changed his life. "Have you heard the story before?" It was obvious from his office's décor that he had a special interest in the legendary Johto Beast.

Regardless of Noah's response, he would continue. "Well, the same day I was recruited to the Rangers, I went online to withdraw my application for a Minor League Gym, and found that it was approved. So now I've been stuck with both. Haven't had much time to myself, but both lines of work are so fulfilling. Much more fulfilling than professional sports." Of course, Josh's reasons were a lot more complicated than that, but he wasn't exactly ready to share those reasons with a League official he only effectively had a business relationship with. At least not directly.

"But I know that's not why you're here," Josh abruptly changed the subject. "I know a while ago you said you wanted to challenge my Gym. Unfortunately, I just got done taking my last challenger that will ever race here. The best I can do is to try to help prepare you for my challenge at the new Gym. It's not changing one bit." Josh thought about it; fighting-type ride Pokémon were quite rare. The only ones he could think of off the top of his head were the Unovan Legendary Pokémon: the four Sacred Swords. Even if Noah has been Chosen by one of them, there was no way he would be so willing to use it in a public location like this. Pulling up a Pokédex app on his phone and doing a search for fighting-type Pokémon with appropriate body shapes, he found only one result. "Do you have a Kommo-o? That's the only Fighting-type Pokémon I could find that would work well for a race. If you don't, you can borrow one of my Pokémon. They're well-behaved."

{WC: 518}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 5:41:41 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh, i just wanted to visit! i knew you were wrapping things up, man."[break][break]

but he wouldn't have minded. his schedule has already been lightened in anticipation of what is to come. as the meteoroid nears, noah worries for the unpredictable shift. the unforeseen developments that spear through plan and calendar like swords through a mankey barrel.[break][break]

"no kommo-o. should really get one, actually. whatcha got?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 8:21:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's bittersweet, really," Josh described the experience of having to leave the facility behind. "I know the new place will be better in every way, but there's just something special about the place where you learned what being a Gym Leader is all about." He snorted in a moment of laughter. "Back in your Gym when we first met, if you told me I would be a Gym Leader one day, I would have said, and pardon my Kalosian, but 'no #&$#ing way.' Never." Leader-elect Devlin did not swear often, but every time he did, he made it count. "Never did I think in a million years that I would be on the other side of a Gym. And now...in just three days..." He trailed off.

It took until Noah asked him about the rest of his team for him to snap out of his trance-like state, lost in thought at what he had accomplished in the Minor League, as well as what the future would bring. "I always keep a whole squad of them around my Gym." He undid the remainder of the clips on his belt, gathering his remaining five Poké Balls into his hands. "Come on out, everybody!" he tossed all five toward the main course's green. Emerging from the Poké Balls were five of Josh's closest land-bound racing Pokémon, each of which wore similar gear to his Manectric, though custom-made for the species they were.

"Crash," he pointed at a well-behaved Boltund that stuck his tongue out and seemed to want to be petted, "Aslan," a proud-looking Pyroar that let out a roar not particularly loud for the species, but still could have startled Noah if he wasn't used to it, "Inky," a Glaceon surrounded by shimmering mist from the angle the sun's rays were striking the ice-type, "Nitro," a calm-looking Gogoat that looked sturdy and could run great distances without tiring if need be, "and finally, Blinky," an excited-looking Jolteon that could not sit still, constantly shuffling her feet. While the Glaceon and Jolteon were a little smaller than the rest of Josh's Pokémon, the saddles they wore were all the indication necessary to prove they could carry a human rider even the Leader's size.

"These are some of the Pokémon I use most frequently at my Gym. I'm sure none of them would mind if you partnered with them today." The Jolteon in particular seemed excited; she loved showing her high speed to her trainer's friends, even if they weren't ready for it. "Blinky and Inky are part of a dream I've had since getting into the Minor League. I'd love to catch six more Eevee their size and evolve each of them into a different advanced form. I have a Sylveon and Flareon about their size from my travels to the Ageos region, but unfortunately they're stuck in customs. I'd be heartbroken if they get deported back because of being on the wrong side of the barrier."

{WC: 500}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 4:09:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hopefully the barrier's gone soon." noah rubs the back of his head and casts a glance to the sky.[break][break]

though indiscernible, the verdanturf gym leader believes he can almost feel it out there.[break][break]

he rubs his chin as he surveys josh's retinue.[break][break]

"how about nitro?" noah asks- but he directs the question to the gogoat moreso.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 22:58:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's eyes shifted skyward with Noah's. While the meteor was still millions of miles away, it was still faintly visible; it was a star-like speck visible in the daytime. A constant reminder of the peril that awaited them. While Josh did not know it yet, his promotion to the Major League would put him right in the path of the meteoroid. "I do too. I have family I want to see in Johto. I have so many Pokémon I want to bring into Hoenn from Johto, and back home, as well. Sometimes, I wonder how they would react to hearing I'm going to be a Gym Leader. I haven't told them yet."

"Nitro is a very good choice," Josh replied, smiling. "He's just a little different from the rest of my squad in that he doesn't have reins to hold onto. He's got steering horns instead!" For a trainer who was six feet tall, the horns would be at roughly chest height, which was perfect. Nitro was a little larger of a Gogoat, though he also had longer horns to compensate. "The principles are all the same, though."

Josh directed Saber next to Noah, dismounting just long enough to give Noah assistance in climbing onto the Gogoat if he needed it. "Alright, so riding a Pokémon is really simple. Anyone can do it! There's only two basic principles to know: direction for turning, and pressure for speed. Think of his steering horns almost like a bike's handlebars. You pull on his left horn, he'll turn left. You pull on his right horn, he'll turn right. The more muscle you put behind it, the harder he'll turn." He gave a demonstration by pulling on Saber's reins, the Manectric turning his head in the requested direction. "It's a little different with other Pokémon."

"To make Nitro go faster, squeeze his sides harder. If you want to slow down, release your leg pressure. It doesn't have to be constant pressure, either. Pokémon trained to be ridden are universally controlled in almost the same way, though most have you pulling on reins instead of using steering horns like Skiddo and Gogoat have. But the principles are still the same!" There was still one more technique. "If you want Nitro to jump, pulse both your arms as you hold onto his horns. It's really fun to do with big cat Pokémon. Want to take a lap around the Split Oval to get used to him? It's the simplest course I have here."

{WC: 422}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 23:56:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

noah too, has his family dispersed from his own person. like a constellation with far-reaching arms, when viewed from afar, the stars sit close. but it is when you move close to a point, that the other bodies are flung so impossibly far.[break][break]

after mounting, he allows josh to dispense his expertise. the passion is evident in the man's voice. how it peaks and surges in the gait of his words.[break][break]

"sure. lead the way, man." noah says. he places his hands on the gogoat's horns, the leafy mane tickling his skin. "what got you into all of this, by the way?"[break][break]

nitro begins to move.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 8:10:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Josh and Saber led the way to the simple course near the center of the Gym's vast property, Josh made sure there were no nearby challengers. He knew the Gym's security system well; while there was a CCTV system, it didn't record audio. There appeared to be no recorded challenges in progress. "It's a bit of a long story, and it's a sensitive matter, too, given what's been going in Hoenn. If I can get your promise that this conversation will stay between us and the League bigwigs, I'll let you know. I'm just really cautious about it because you don't know who you can trust anymore. You're a Gym Leader. You obviously can be trusted."

Provided Noah agreed, he would slow to a more leisurely pace, even by a normal person's standards, then begin telling his tale. He let out a deep sigh. "So it all started back when I came to Hoenn, days before the barrier went up." He recounted the tale of a shrine dedicated to the legendary Pokémon Raikou and how he and councilwoman were able to repel it from would-be thieves. "That was the day I ultimately gave up the Gym Challenge and became a Ranger. I had previously applied to be a Minor League Gym Leader, and went online to rescind my application. I found out it had already been approved. So then I was working three part time jobs: my racing career, Ranging, and Minor League duties."

"Then..." He shared his vision of what he thought was Raikou, as well as his vision of a future that refused to be changed. "It was these two events that have made me into the person I am today."

Another deep breath. The list of people that knew what was up was getting quite long, but he felt all of them could be trusted. "Noah, I don't know how to say this... but... since I was young, I've felt I've had a connection to Raikou." Tears started to flow from the corners of his eyes. "I know this sounds like it's coming from a child, but it's a dream I've never been able to give up. I... I want to meet, befriend, and ride Raikou." Deep breath after deep breath, tear after tear.

"And since all of that nonsense happened, I've felt like he's been trying to reach out to me. He's out there somewhere, and I'm right here. It's just a matter of us finding each other." Sniff, sniff, went Josh's nose. "And it's not about me. It's about Hoenn. That future is one of many possible futures. But it's not the only one. And that's why I'm pursuing Raikou. Not for me, but for Hoenn. To change her future that refuses to be changed." Even Saber suddenly stopped, remembering the horrors of the Cloud well.

Before Josh knew it, the two had arrived at the Split Oval's starting arch. "Sorry to get so off topic. Just let me know when you're ready, and we'll go. Only as fast as you're comfortable with."

{WC: 511}
{PC: 5}

ooc: I don't expect you to read all these threads Shiv, so I can summarize them if you need me to. Just DM me if you have questions!
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 4:55:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"if this is all real, i'd be careful." noah says, scratching his neck. "anyone who gets like, paired up with a legendary pokemon is a prime target for danger. for rocket."[break][break]

he frowns and shakes his head.[break][break]

"a lotta people don't remember that articuno's previous avatar was killed. prob'ly because he was an avatar."[break][break]

the gym leader checks his gogoat. shifts his rear and is careful to craft comfort for both.[break][break]

"ready."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2022 18:10:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
From his journey through the Cloud, Josh was fully aware of how much danger forging a bond with Raikou would put him in. From the other side's perspective, it was understandable; having such powerful Pokémon on one side could easily turn the tide of a battle all on its own. After all, some of them even had the power to reflect or repel attacks their typing suggested would otherwise be effective, particularly in the case of the Titan of the Earth, Groudon, and water-type attacks. "And that, Noah, is exactly why I feel I have to pursue Raikou. Not just for myself, and not for Hoenn. But to stop these senseless murders. Ultimately, they may be legendary, but they're still Pokémon. When it comes down to it, are they really that much different from Saber, Nitro, or any of your own Pokémon?"

He would leave the philosophical discussion at that. "Alright, let's go!" He gently kicked his Manectric's sides, and the two were off, sparks flying from the yellow canine's paws in swift acceleration. As powerful as it was, he held quite a bit back to not overwhelm Noah and Nitro. In the end, Josh was glad he Verdanturf Leader chose the Pokémon with the most stable gallop out of his main squad. A Pokémon that flexed its back a lot, like Aslan, could have been a bit too difficult to handle.

While the pace Josh and Saber maintained was a bit slow for their standards, it might not have been for Noah and the Gogoat he was astride, the grass-type speeding up to keep pace if Noah allowed it. "There really is nothing like Hoenn flying past you at great speed, is there?" the Gym Leader-to-be asked rhetorically.

As the two raced uphill, the course's gentle left turn split into two land: a narrow inside lane that was faster, and a wide outside lane that was longer. Josh, following his racing instincts, guided his electric mount toward the inside. There was still room for the two Pokémon to run alongside each other, but not for a third.

{PC: 6}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Saber          Manectric       Good
Crash          Boltund         Good
Aslan          Pyroar          Good
Inky           Glaceon         Good
Nitro          Gogoat          Good
Blinky         Jolteon         Good
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 1:02:57 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

as they speed uphill, a lingering thought remains like a curving, windy circuit. the track of thought returns to checkered start.[break][break]

"it's nice." noah admits. the wind swims through his hair and smooths his skin.[break][break]

"if raikou isn't much different than your pokemon, can't your pokemon be enough to help stop everything?" noah asks as he follows the other, gogoat's hooves clapping crisply against the lane. [break][break]

"what if raikou has no stake in all of this? what if it doesn't care?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 16:51:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Relationships between legendary Pokémon and humans were anything but simple. Stopping the senseless murders of Avatars, particularly League ones, was important. "Now I can't say my reasons for pursuing Raikou aren't completely one-dimensional, or even completely selfless." It was difficult to admit his intentions weren't pure, but surely a fellow Gym Leader would understand. "I...I want to experience his speed for myself."

"Raikou was my inspiration to become a Pokémon racer. I know it sounds childish, but it's true." The Master of Faster fell back to allow the two Pokémon to run alongside one another on the narrower lane of the split course. "Of course, I'd like to see Raikou ally with the League. I think any of us would. There is a bigger problem, though. That 'future that refused to be changed' is a bleak one that does not care about League or Rocket." He paused to collect his thoughts. Talking about his Cyberchase Hell was difficult, after all. "Did you hear any of the stories that came out of the Cloud earlier this summer?" he asked as the two lanes merged into one another, giving Noah plenty of room to lead the way and dictate the pace of the run if he so desired.

{WC: 210}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 21:24:58 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"y'know, that's fair!" noah shouts after josh recounts the root of his desires. the wind picks up before settling, as they equalize their paces. "sounds like a gratitude sorta thing, man. good to be selfish too, y'know? just a bit."[break][break]

he had heard stories from about the cloud. noah wonders how far into the future it is. how much time they have left. the clop clop clop of hooves brings him back, and he turns to face his fellow gym leader.[break][break]

"some of it. glad you made it out okay." noah says. "what do you think of our odds, then? of y'know, changing it. the future."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 20:54:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Verdanturf Leader was surprisingly accepting of Josh's personal desire. The Pokémon racer's perspective on legendary Pokémon was that they were all aloof spirits, only appearing to humans when absolutely necessary. Nothing could be farther from the truth! While they were technically gods, even gods had personalities and whims! "Noah, I could only dream of the privilege to fight alongside him for the League. But come to think of it? That experience doesn't mean I have to be the one Raikou chooses. I just have to know the person that does get chosen."

Noah asked Josh a great question about the post-Cyberchase world. He shared details "I'm cautiously optimistic. The number of fearsome forces, divine or not, the League employs is promising. Regardless of whether Raikou thinks I'm a great fit for him, and every fiber of my heart hopes so, I hope--no, I will--find my name among Hoenn's greats, and do my part in changing the unchangeable." Any tears Josh wanted to shed were immediately dried up by the wind flying toward him; he had left his visor up to not intimidate Noah into going faster than he was comfortable with.

The wind shifting to a tailwind as the duo rounded the backstretch was refreshing. A downhill stretch was coming, too. Josh wanted to urge Saber to pick up the pace, but he didn't want to unless Noah was comfortable with it. "This is more than a stiff breeze, isn't it?" he asked. "Want to go faster and really run with the wind? Would be great practice if you want to be a challenger after the move!"

{WC: 270}
{PC: 8}