6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Cure for What Ails Them [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 6:48:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh laughed at Julia's remark about goggles. "I'm gonna send you home if you don't bring your goggles," he half-snapped back. "Or just get a racing helmet like mine." The retractable visor that snapped into place was his favorite functionality; he could just flick it up or down into place, depending on whether he wanted to feel the wind in his face. Usually it was a no, due to the extreme speeds he liked to travel at. In the case of Resheph or Braver, his Dragonair and Arcanine, sometimes involving actual Extreme Speeds.

A beaming expression filled Josh's face as Julia seemed impressed with his riding prowess; after all, Pyroar were strong Pokémon, and could no doubt fling Josh out of the saddle if he tried. "Usually they don't spark from braking. They spark from turning. If you think this is a lot, you should see Twilight, my Absol. She can turn even tighter than that!" It was true; the white Pokémon was used on twisty courses, her claws able to slice right through the most wicked curves on the circuit. Her meager top speed kept her from being good on other courses, but she was very strong on courses with rapid-fire turns. The bigger obstacle at that point was not inducing whiplash in her rider!

Josh dismounted his Pokémon once they arrived at the shelter. As was expected, even the slums of a high-class city like Mauville weren't true slums. They still had life's necessities and were still pleasant to live in, but it lacked the glitz and glamor of the rest of the city. The shelter residents, among the least wealthy in the city, were much more grateful than others they had stopped by on their route. "Sure, I can give you a hand! Might be easier if I get a cart from somewhere."

Luckily for him, finding one of those was not difficult, what with the volume of poor residents that had to be serviced. While most of the city's denizens were wealthy, they were not greedy, and they made sure even the less fortunate were able to live at least modest lives. He unloaded the boxes from the backs of his two Arcanine, filling the cart with rows of over-the-counter medicines. Once the first was full, he had a bit of downtime as he waited for it to return empty. Julia seemed busy, though; rather than bothering her with small talk, he checked his RangerNet email inbox and reviewed a reply from the Head Rangers regarding his probation.

After a couple more trips, everything had been delivered. "Phew, that was a lot, but we got it taken care of," Josh breathed a sigh of relief, sitting down on a nearby bench to rest his legs--and his thighs. Riding was fun, yes, but being atop a Pokémon for that long made him sore. His Pokémon were not distance runners, after all!

{WC: 489}
{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Braver        Arcanine       Good
Craggro       H!Arcanine     Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Nitro         Gogoat         Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cure for What Ails Them [VALOR]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 5:56:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: