enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 20:48:59 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

The bar within The Nimbus was just as opulent as the rest of the establishment, though Enzo had to admit it was one of his more favored rooms. With dark wood and low, warm light that allowed the space to grow hazier as the light outside grew dimmer and smoke slowly filled the space. There was plush leather seating with squat side tables, intricately carved legs holding them up inlaid with woven patterns.[break][break]

But the bar in and of itself was a sight to behold–tall with low-back, velvet covered stools in dark green that complimented the green and gold of the lighting fixtures. The back wall was lined with the finest labels he could have imported and acquired. Though he delegated many purchases for the hotel to the head of staff (it was important to trust at least one other individual’s taste, after all,) and menu selections were left to the employed Chef de Cuisine, Enzo himself curated this aspect.[break][break]

If one were to scrutinize this choice, they’d conclude that it was one of the arenas Enzo was particularly snobbish about. But he would contest that it was a justifiable thing given that he opted to spend much of his downtime in this room. Which was his initial intent as he tucked away his paperwork and made the short trek from his study to the barroom. All up until he spied the familiar hunch of a figure with dark hair seated all on his lonesome. Almost as if in wait.[break][break]

He slid into a stool alongside Zev, silently so as he tipped his head with a short salute to the bartender on duty. He didn’t often deviate from the usual, and his staff knew as much, so it was only moments later before a neatly constructed old fashioned slid his way across the lacquered cherry bartop. In that time, he simply sat in silence, and then once the tumbler was in hand did he twist slightly in the assassin’s direction.[break][break]

“Long time,” he greeted shortly, a lopsided smile flitting over his mouth for a moment before he drank. Then it was straight to the point, with only mild pleasantry tacked on in slight afterthought. “I was beginning to think that you’d grown tired of finding jobs here. Not too busy in Slateport, I hope.”

[break][break]
| m: sleepless in slateport
[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 21:22:24 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

It had indeed been a long time since Zev set foot in The Nimbus. The hotel hadn't changed much since his last visit a year ago. Some of the liquor selection was new, though as a bar owner himself, the names of the distilleries, breweries, and vineyards were all familiar to him. He'd also spotted a few new faces while passing through the hotel's lobby. Under normal circumstances, he would sit facing the main entrance of the barroom, keeping an eye out for any unwanted attention directed his way.[break][break]

These weren't normal circumstances, though. After all, this was The Nimbus.[break][break]

At the very least, Zev heard the door open softly, and a quick glance in the mirrored surface of the liquor shelves revealed the identity of the person walking in his direction. Curiosity satisfied, he remained seated, his elbows leaning on the wooden bartop, a glass of whisky sour in one hand.[break][break]

Zev did not speak immediately when Enzo addressed him. Instead, he finished off the rest of his drink in one generous swig and signaled for the bartender to pour him another. Only when he'd exchanged his empty glass for a full one did he turn to his old associate.[break][break]

'Friend' was too much of a stretch, after all. Zev liked Enzo, but Zev didn't make friends.[break][break]

"It's always busy in Slateport," the hitman said. His voice carried little emotion, an apathy edging close to boredom. "But especially recently. Howling's gotten an uptick in customers since Splashfest, and I get the sense hostilities are increasing between sides. Del Mar even wants me to strengthen my Pokémon through battles. It won't be long before war breaks out, Enzo."[break][break]

Zev did not often get to speak about both of his jobs in one breath: his cover running a bar and his real one killing people. He appreciated moments when he could talk so freely.

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Sleepless in Slateport

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 22:30:03 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Zev accepted his presence simply, and it was this air of acceptance that Enzo appreciated about his acquaintance. Despite his penchant for social niceties, there was no need to put on airs for Zev–they could cut straight to the chase without pretending there might be more innocuous reasons for his appearance at the hotel.[break][break]

“An unfortunate truth,” he replied with a desolate sigh. At one time, he’d considered setting up there given the bustle that Slateport seemed rife with. But no, business did better here where it was a slight degree removed. A destination location. And if someone really wished to hide out or find a particular type of work, they now knew Mossdeep was good for it. “Glad to hear Howling is servicing you well, however.”[break][break]

Enzo listened as the other man went on about the state of affairs elsewhere, nodding at the appropriate moments with quiet hums as he sipped from his glass. “I suppose if war is what it must come to, then we have no choice but to prepare.” His head rolled to the side to look over at Zev, a lax smile curling the edge of his mouth. “So long as they don’t do battle in my foyer, they can level the rest of the city as much as they please.”[break][break]

The rule of civility continued to be set hard and fast here. But that did not mean Enzo himself was wholly pristine, even as he played at being somewhat neutral despite his obvious alignments. Outside of his management, however, he wasn’t always so pristine in his actions.[break][break]

That, however, was of little importance at present. Enzo was much more curious about what Zev might need from him. And if not from him, then from here. “To what do I owe the pleasure?”

[break][break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 10:43:09 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

The thought of Mossdeep City burning to the ground in the wake of whatever might take place between the League and Team Rocket did not faze Zev. However, the thought of harm coming to made him pause. If such an order came down the chain of command, he would have to evacuate her out of the city into safety. Whether she would listen to him, though, was another story.[break][break]

Zev sipped his whisky sour. "Ammo," he finally admitted. "My supply is running low, and the dome has made finding a new supplier difficult."[break][break]

All the more reason to strengthen the power of his Pokémon. Arceus forbid he ever found himself out of ammo in a combat situation, but if that happened, at least his Pokémon were trained to kill.[break][break]

"Do you have any contacts?"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 1:03:31 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

He didn’t have ties to consider here. There were, perhaps, a few individuals he’d care enough to see safe if the world began to crumble and deteriorate around them, but Enzo was a solo operative for exactly those reasons. Avoiding excess attachment meant avoiding both vulnerability and reckless action. Idly, he wondered what Zev might hold dear. If he did.[break][break]

Enzo hummed in thought, the sound low in his throat. “I can understand the struggle.” It wasn’t just ammo that had become more difficult to import, but nearly everything necessary for jobs like theirs. “I’m afraid to say I’ve been in much the same boat for the past few months.”[break][break]

His head tilted as he considered the available options. There were other means of doing what was necessary, of course. Such as training, like Zev had been recommended. However, it wasn’t all that helpful in a pinch, wasn’t it? In situations where pokemon might not be as easily accessible as an inanimate weapon.[break][break]

“I’ve managed to find a few. Scarce though they may be.” Still, however, there were more factors to consider. Would it help him, or harm him if he gave up the few names he’d managed to scrape together since the dome had come down? Would it mean he lost out on some aspects of business because that business was being shifted elsewhere?[break][break]

Rather than readily offer, Enzo held his tongue in favor of how Zev might proceed–if he’d barter, or ask outright. He downed the remnants of his old fashioned and wrapped his knuckles on the bartop in request for a fresh drink.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 11:30:24 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

"You and every other business owner in the region," Zev replied with a slightly aggravated sigh. He included himself among that number, of course. Despite the boom in business thanks to Splashfest, he'd had to find new suppliers for both alcohol and food, then hike up prices on top of that in order to make a profit. "This damn dome is killing us."[break][break]

Hoenn's entire economy would not be able to survive past a few more months. Without imports, society would soon turn upon itself to fight over the remaining resources.[break][break]

Enzo's reserved reply to Zev's question spoke volumes. The man was a fellow entrepreneur; Zev's opinion of him would have lessened if he were more forthcoming with his supply. This conversation was a negotiation, just like any other business.[break][break]

"What do you want in exchange?"[break][break]

Zev doubted Enzo wanted anything from him as a bar owner. No, it was more likely Enzo needed someone permanently silenced and would take advantage of his connection to a seasoned killer.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 21:25:02 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I don’t disagree.” He eyed Zev over the rim of his glass, “it’s unfortunate, having to make due.” But what else was there to be done? Closing doors because of the dome’s persistence was out of the question. At least misery loves company, and he didn’t mind commiserating a bit.[break][break]

Enzo’s head lolled to one side, the motion fluid as he rolled his neck in show of lazy thought. It was more calculated than it appeared—but then, most things about him were carefully tailored. Keeping the baser, more brutal aspects of his nature at bay.[break][break]

What did he want?[break][break]

His middle finger tapped against his glass, the gold ring nestled there making it clink. one, two, three. He wouldn’t lie, Zev’s services had proven useful in the past and he had no doubt they would continue to be so effective. However…[break][break]

“I’m more interested in future prospect, Mr. Harcourt,” he finally said after another measured swallow of liquor. “I help you know, you help me later. On my call, no negotiation.” Enzo pulled back his suit jacket to pull free a lighter and silver case of rolled cigarettes.[break][break]

Plucking one free, he stuck it in the corner of his mouth before holding the tin out in silent offering.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 13:50:00 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

No negotiation?[break][break]

Zev did not like owing people. He already owed for removing 's name from the 'kill on sight' hit list two years ago, but Gavin was also a close colleague — someone Zev could trust, to a certain degree.[break][break]

Enzo, though? He was a business partner, one that Zev could tolerate more than others and count on to uphold his end of any bargains. Enzo was, above all, a professional. But could Zev trust Enzo? That was a different question entirely.[break][break]

But he needed ammunition. Badly.[break][break]

"Fine," Zev finally relented. He finished the rest of his drink and set the glass down on the cardboard coaster printed with The Nimbus' logo. "Just one favor."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 23:53:05 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

He could be patient as Zev did mental evaluations on the offer he proposed. In truth, Enzo did not have any current jobs that would suit the skillset Zev had. So, in his opinion, it would be far more sensible to have an option for some future endeavor.[break][break]

And it was not something Enzo would abuse. A deal was a deal, and though he could cheat and scheme as much as befitted someone who had crawled his way from the gutters to reach the place he sat in now, he did not go out of his way to double cross those who proved reliable.[break][break]

To his credit, Zev fell into that category for the hotel owner.[break][break]

Enzo smiled, serpentine in nature. Fluid curl of the lips as heavy-lidded lilac eyes fixated on the end of his cigarette as he lit it, then slowly drifted back up to Zev. The tip of the cig glowed orange and he inhaled, exhaling a lazy stream of grey away from his companion’s direction.[break][break]

Then, plucking it free from between his teeth, Enzo offered his free hand toward the assassin. Handshake deal. “One favor is fine. Even just that is a good card to have in hand.”[break][break]

Only after the physical signifier would he consider leading Zev to his study, to pull a list of suppliers kept safe and sound in his personal files.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 15:15:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev's gaze lowered to the proffered hand. The taste of debt sat bitterly in his mouth, yet there was no turning back. Not when his very livelihood was on the line. He grasped Enzo's hand and shook it firmly.[break][break]

"It's a deal, then," he confirmed.[break][break]

The hitman could only hope that whatever plans the League had to stop the meteoroid, they could somehow rid the region of the dome surrounding it, too. And if not them, then perhaps the scientists of Team Rocket were scheming ways to destroy it.[break][break]

But someone had to, or else war was inevitable.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
gallowdance [m]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 8:16:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: