6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Iron Resolve [S][C/Melody]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 8:45:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

As expected during prime-time hours, the Pokémon Center was close to empty. The rest of his squad was in good shape; just his two Arcanine were badly hurt. "Need a full restoration on these two Arcanine, please; they're suffering from Mightyena poison. Never thought I would say that." Apparently the nurse working the night shift thought differently, assuring him that Mightyena poisonings were not rare around Oldale Town. Perhaps the Mightyena attacks were a recurring problem? Either way, Josh's and 's work bought the town a lot of time before the problem crept back in. There might need to be a new city ordinance regulating Cherrim.

With his Pokémon dropped off and a promise that he would receive a text when his two fire-types were healed, Josh headed to the agreed-upon meeting spot on the outskirts of town. The racer was astride Crash, his Boltund, keeping his eyes out for Melody.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Yagyu         Doublade       Good

{WC: 153}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 17:23:35 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

Melody accompanied josh to the center. It only made sense she did since well, they were going to be speaking afterwards. [break][break]

However she feared that she wouldn't really be the most helpful since she wasn't the most knowledgeable when it came to mythos and legendaries. Her knowledge of sea fairing Pokémon was much more vast. [break][break]

She swung her weight back and forth, from the tips of her toes to her heels as she swayed awkwardly waiting for josh. Cobalion was with her too since it seemed for the most part the area was empty. He stood at attention, putting his tuft of fur in Melody's face. "You really want this much attention? Personal space bud." she said as he just stared at her, his expression unchanging. She placed a hand on his tuft and stroked his fur as she moved her head over to the side, waving at josh "Yo! Over here!"

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 8:22:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Crash started barking as he heard Melody's voice, Josh's eyes shifting to locate her. The moonlight's reflection off the cobalt frame of the Sword of Iron Will was impossible to miss. As the Electric-type closed in, Josh waved, tensing up as he approached the stern-looking Legendary. "Thanks again for doing this for me." He took a deep breath to make sure absolutely no one else was around. Unlikely, given how late it was at night and how far they were off the already small town's main roads. "I know it seems kind of random to ask, but if anyone asks you about it, our conversation tonight never happened, okay?"

Provided Melody would agree to remain discreet about things, Josh would continue on. "So you mentioned this AQUA Initiative a couple of times. I've heard of them by name and that they're basically a task force with a ton of high-ranking trainers on it. Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and the like. But that's about it. What exactly are they? I'm sure I'll be more privy to the information once I assume the position of Mauville Gym Leader, so if you can't tell me yet as Gym Leader-elect, I understand. I don't actually take office until the tenth of next month."

After she was done with her explanation, Josh returned his half of the bargain. "Being from Johto, I'm not as familiar with the Unovan mythos, but I did study the myths of the Unovan Swords of Justice due to their resemblance to...well, my own region's members of Arceus' most Sacred Creation." The Mauville Leader-elect closed his eyes to collect his thoughts.

"What I remember hearing about them is they were victims of a war that displaced swaths of wild Pokémon, and there were four of them. Yours is the Sword of Iron Will, Cobalion. The others are the Sword of Mountain's Power, Terrakion; the Sword of Field's Courage, Virizion; and lastly, the Sword of Resolute Speed, Keldeo." He waited to see how Cobalion under Melody's command would react before continuing.

"From what little else I remember, even among legendary Pokémon, they became some of the most distrustful of humans due to the war. All of them except Keldeo. Which is why I find it so curious that Cobalion found a human it trusted enough to share a bond with. It's in stark contrast to the legendary Pokémon I've been chasing for years, which according to the legend, is one of the most trustful of humans." Crash was uncharacteristically motionless, as though he was able to feel the tension in his trainer's voice as Josh recounted the tale.

{WC: 440}
{PC: 2}

OOC Note: While this is not far enough in the past to warrant the [Past] tag, as the thread takes place on August 30, Josh at the time of this thread is not yet Mauville's Gym Leader.

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 20:17:15 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

She was really bewildered by his suddenly splooge of information. "Uhhh...sure?" she lied, what was so important he didn't want people to know? [break][break]

She remained eyes wide opened the entire time as josh suddenly busted out into this long given explanation of his logic and knowledge on the swords of justice. "I- uh." she said as she obviously became bewildered and Cobalion in turned, stared down josh his expression conveying nothing but a stern look. "Holy shit, slow down. Breathe." she says trying to stop him from overloading her [break][break]

"To-to start with." she says putting her palms out to stop him after he was done speaking. she chuckled awkwardly. "Aqua is public information...The Avatar Quality and Universal Action Initiative. it's a task force created by the League in order to employ avatars to deal with extreme threats to the region." she answers.[break][break]

He then moves on to talk about Cobalion and Melody just kind of shrugs. "Uh. I guess that sounds like the Cobalion I know?" she says awkwardly "He does hate people. That much I've learned, he has a few exception." she says as Cobalion doesn't react at al to Josh's words. His expression remained unchanging and as silent as always.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 4:13:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was surprised to hear a fair bit of knowledge about the AQUA Initiative was completely public. "Sorry if it was a bit much, Melody," the Leader-elect apologized. "I tend to get carried away on that topic, as I really enjoyed studying them." His own breathing picked up when his eyes shifted toward Cobalion's intimidating stare. It reminded him a lot of Twilight, his Absol. Was this what it was like for others to have to stare down his stoic, dark-type ace combatant? Even through his helmet, he was visibly sweating down his face, the nearby street light making it visible.

Cobalion's very presence caused Josh to stutter trying to gather his thoughts. "G-g-g-gimme a sec," he finally spit out. The way he was avoiding eye contact with the Legendary made his thoughts toward being in its presence apparent. While he didn't know exactly what was causing the unease, he could feel the pressure of its Aura pounding against his own.

It took a bit for him to settle down and figure out what he was going to say. "So from what I gather, Avatars are kind of like Hoenn's superheroes? Ones who fight alongside Arceus' Most Sacred Creation?" The more he studied Raikou, the more he was inclined to believe it was more than just a story. A story that was very real. And one he desperately believed he had a pivotal role in which to play.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 2:55:35 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yeah, You're pretty much on the nose." she said verifying his definition of what an avatar was as she positioned herself between Cobalion and josh's line of sight, knowing how much his stare could affect someone. [break][break]

"Most of them, not everyone. Has special abilities that said legendary partner grants them." she explains further trying to think of one that most people might know about publicly. "Uhhhh. Oh yeah like . I think he can like...fly and or control ice?" she says confused as she wasn't entirely if that was an accurate description.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 7:04:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh exhaled when Melody placed herself in front of Cobalion. It was clear that it was willing to tolerate Melody but not him so much. "There are stories like that all over the world. Most people think they're just fairy tales. But...I think a lot of them are very real." He blinked at Melody's elaboration, both at the Head Ranger's power over ice and the details about most, but not all, Legendary Pokémon bestowing special powers to their...Patrons, for a lack of a better word. "Now I understand why the Head Ranger came off as so cold when he called the big meeting together. Didn't think it was because of literal cold." A chuckle escaped his mouth. Knowing the strict Head Ranger was blessed by a Legendary Pokémon was yet another incentive to be on his best behavior around the man.

"One of my favorite stories from my homeland of Johto is the tale of the Two Towers," Josh began recounting the tale that was partially responsible for where he found himself today. "One, a monument to the sea. The other, a monument to the sky. Atop each, a giant, legendary bird Pokémon made its roost. Then one night, lightning struck the tower. The sea tower's guardian fled, never to be seen again. The lightning strike caused the tower to burn for days, until a deluge put the fire out and formed a rainbow over the ruined tower. Three of Arceus' Most Sacred Creation were born out of the disaster, fleeing the tower at..." Josh paused for a long time, unable to find the words he was looking for. The topic of the Johto Beasts was something that was difficult for his to explain, just because of his self-perceived personal connection to one of them.

"Sorry, lost my train of thought," he continued, shaking his head. "But if Cobalion is with you...does that make you...?" The next words out of his mouth were supposed to be "an Avatar", but they didn't come.

{WC: 338}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 17:40:02 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

She listens intently to his story. It was one she was familiar with, only because of relaying it to her already. [break][break]

"Entei, Raikou, and Suicuine right?" she asked as she had to learn about it due to her best friend's pursuit of Suicuine. She wished the creature had never noticed him, placing him in a precarious situation like her own for his own gain. It was...annoying, for a lack of better words. [break][break]

She breaks the silence herself "An avatar?" she asks as she tilts her head to the side, her hair swinging wildly behind her as she quickly corrects her posture. "No. I'm not." she replies as her face becomes a little more sad, depressed by the fact that she had spent so much time with the pokemon but still found her unworthy despite her bond with it.[break][break]

"It's a bit of a complicated situation. " she says trying to elaborate but not really doing so at all. "Our current running theory is that Virzion terrakion and Cobalion are observing and I to see if we're worthy. But we've not really seen any progress."

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 6:41:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Crash got a bit restless, shifting Josh about mildly as he felt the discussion was getting more serious. The Boltund wasn't wrong, either. "That's right. Suicune, Entei, and especially the one that has meant so much to me since I was a child. Raikou, the Beast of Thunder and the fastest set of four paws in the world." And to think, not even Braver's Extreme Speed could keep up with Raikou. Entei and Suicune were incredibly fast; they were arguably the next fastest legendary Pokémon on land. But Josh believed Raikou's speed was in a league of its own. If the three raced one another in a straight sprint, Raikou would not only win; he would embarrass Entei and Suicune. Whether it was true or not was still to be determined. "Many people in Johto learn about them from a young age, but their tale has stayed with me."

Josh learned a lot from Melody's simple negative answer. Cobalion was living proof that legendary Pokémon traveled alongside humans without bestowing the powers of an Avatar. "That's interesting. I can only wonder why they would want to observe people for so long." The Director's name came up; with Josh knowing that was not only bonding with Virizion, but also the two had big plans to foster Josh's skills to prime him for a possible bond with Raikou, that left by process of elimination that Terrakion had joined the Director. "I'm on a first-name basis with as a Minor League Gym Leader. I'm going to have to come to him about that. How long have you and Cobalion been together?" the Johtonian asked.

Josh shifted his eyes to make sure no one else was present. It was still silent otherwise. This was a secret that, if it got into the wrong hands, could spell big trouble. He knew from the big Ranger meeting that the Drk Triad were Avatar hunters, and suspected them to have motivations to nip even potential Avatars in the bud before they became dangerous. Obviously with Melody being an Avatar candidate and a member of the Elite Four, she could be trusted.

"I trusted Matias with this, and after seeing Cobalion, I can trust you with this, too. Even before I came to Hoenn, I have been pursuing Raikou. And it was selfish...until I came to Hoenn. But since I returned from the Cloud, I've had a much more legitimate reason to pursue him." Josh's breaths started to become heavier; even after almost three months, he still remembered the angst and trauma like it just happened yesterday.

"It's been long enough that I'm sure word has spread by now. In the Cloud, I saw a future where all of Hoenn died. All but one form of life I didn't recognize. I saw the Great One, Ho-oh, dead. I saw Raikou dead. I saw my whole team of Pokémon dead. I saw Hoenn dead. But that is just one possible future. I can't change the past, I can't always change the present. But what I can change...I...no, we. We can change the future. The future that refuses to be changed." Josh's heart started thumping. Just because this was the second person he was about to tell the full extent of his dream didn't make it a bit easier than the first.

"And to do that, I want to pursue, befriend, and learn to ride Raikou. I want Raikou to recognize me as his Avatar."

A flush look that could only be described as mental overburdening came over the Gym Leader's face.

{WC: 600}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 17:07:41 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

She avoids talking about Cobalion, lest her own emotions start to get the best of her as she was also upset about it. [break][break]

What had been delaying his decision? Was it because of the situations with Amor and Matias? It was possible, after all they both struck at her pokemon and Melody didn't directly win either battle...[break][break]

She pushed away the thought, surely he had another reason. [break][break]

She instead focuses on the conversation as begins to speak of becoming Raikou's avatar. "Are you sure that's what you want Josh?" she asks wondering how deeply he has thought about this. "Being an avatar isn't as glorious as it seems...both team rocket and the drk triad will try to kill you for it. You can change the future even if you don't have a legendary.." she says as the woman had encountered them herself "Do you even know if Raikou can or even wants to have an avatar?" she asks wondering what exactly he already knew of the pokemon. [break][break]

With each sentence that she spoke, her anxiety for 's pursuit of Suicune continued to grow, what was Rocket going to do when he eventually established a connection with it?

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 17:51:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Melody's hesitation was understandable; the whims of the gods were often a sensitive matter in the emotions of the pieces they played with. Her concerns were sound, too. Even seeking out Raikou could put him in danger, and not just from the Beast's whims. "The day I left the Cloud, I made up my mind," he firmly answered, Crash letting out two barks in rapid succession. The Boltund was proud of his trainer for standing up to the danger pursuing the Beast would bring, yet simultaneously concerned for his well-being. "When I saw them dead and when I saw my Manectric get deleted inside the Cloud, there was a moment I didn't think my life was worth living anymore. I owe my Absol my life, and a Psycho Cut across my left arm and chest is the reminder of why I'm still alive today. The rest of my wounds inside the Cloud disappeared, but that one persisted even after I was reconstituted. And I don't know why. It still hurts a little to this day." Of course, the pain was much more bearable after several weeks. It would take many more weeks to become a scar; a wound that size would never fully heal.

"It's because of her, Twilight, that I had another chance at life. I already had it out for Team Rocket. They took my family away from me in Johto, when they took over the Radio Tower. I got them back. I want to see Team Rocket not only disbanded, but burned to the ground, where they'll never recover." The Rocket conflict was far more than a League obligation. To Josh, it was personal. "Besides, I'll be Mauville's Gym Leader in under two weeks. I'm already a target for both Team Rocket and the Drk Triad."

Clearly, Melody was concerned about Josh's well-being with the path he was headed down. Perhaps even more so than his Boltund was. With her being an Avatar candidate, the Drk Triad probably already had her in their scope. "But that was a Rubicon I crossed when I left the Cloud with a second chance at life. That was a Rubicon I crossed when I gave up the Gym Challenge to become a Ranger. There ain't no gettin' off this train I'm on."

Whether Josh's visions of Raikou were genuine or not, he had those to motivate him, as well. "The night before I became a Ranger, I had this crazy vision of Raikou. You wouldn't believe it even if I told you. But I think he's trying to reach out to me. I can't explain why, but I felt like I've had a connection to him since I was young." Melody did have a point, though: what if Raikou wasn't seeking an Avatar? He had already considered that. "Even if he doesn't, you have your relationship with Cobalion. Even being able to just hold Raikou's reins, for a lack of better imagery, would be a tremendous boon in decoupling Hoenn from the destructive future she is on a collision course with." Even the racer was tearing up by now. It was yet another indicator just how much his goal meant to him. Though he had a good handle on his emotions, every person had their breaking point. Josh had reached his several times before. Once in the Cloud. It was a traumatizing memory that would forever haunt him even if he got the opportunity to sit astride that thundercloud. "I can't do it myself. I'm going to need some direction from you or others like you. Not even solid evidence. Just a nudge in the right direction."

{WC: 606}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 23:39:50 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

She raised an eyebrow at everything that Josh had told her, his justifications for hunting down Raikou.[break][break]

What it basically boiled down to was that he LOVED Raikou. She wondered if it was a good idea then to really help him in his efforts for finding the pokemon...there was basically no way she could even really help him at all. "You sound insane" she eventually tells him as she begins to laugh a bit and smiles. "A connection since you were young? You realize how insane that sounds right? What kind of connection could you guys have? I'm all for being a dreamer but...unless you have proof?" she asked wondering if he actually DID have a connection.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:53:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had been told those exact words many times. Being told by one more person wasn't going to change his viewpoint on it. Whether his faith was true or false, it was his faith, and he was staying the course. "You are not the first person to tell me this, Melody, and you will not be the last. Not until I can hold Raikou's reins for myself. And maybe even then." He would be called insane under the context of having to endure the sacred Pokémon's breakneck speed, but that was a whole different kind of insanity than what Melody was likely speaking of.

"Admittedly, it was a rather loose and weak connection back then, mostly tied to heritage and, you said it, a dream. It's something I had wanted to believe more strongly in back when I was in Johto." He paused to collect his thoughts. Even when he started speaking again, Josh's words came out more slowly than it did before.

"Whether or not it's true, it's seemed to me that those three are some of the most likely of all the legendary Pokémon to want to bond with humans. There are so many fables and folk stories of those three in particular seeking out humans." Crash's head dropped, sensing his trainer's somber emotions. "But in the last several months, not too long after I came back to Hoenn, I've felt that connection grow stronger. Why, when was I in the Cloud, did I see my six best Pokémon dead next to Raikou's corpse? Why did I have such an intense vision of him right before I joined the Rangers? If you really want me to, I can share when I saw. It's not concrete proof. With Raikou, I'm starting to doubt there will be. But I really think he's trying to reach out to me."

{WC: 311}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 16:57:11 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

"Now you're talking. But I'd be careful trusting anything a dark triad member showed us all." she said remembering what she saw herself. "That guy seemed to only be interested in saving whatever he finds interesting. So that could all have been an experiment." she comments as she realizes she's being extremely pessimistic. [break][break]

"But if that's your goal. I hope you reach it Josh, if you managed to succeed it'd be a huge help to the league." she says trying to end her statement on a more positive note "unfortunately I don't really know how I can help unless, you have an idea?" she asks wondering if that was why he had invited her here? [break][break]

She couldn't risk exposing Rowan though...she'd refuse. She'd ruin the deception he set up, his rocket persona, everything. She couldn't risk it at all. Like Razz said, it had to be his choice who he helped.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 4:58:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Melody seemed to know an awful lot about what Josh had just described. Not one word about the Drk Triad was mentioned, yet the topic came up just from his mention of the Cloud. "You seem to know an awful lot about it. Were you there, too...? The Cloud?" he asked. It wasn't infeasible; Mirage Island was rather crowded that day. Even at the Rangers' meeting in Lilycove, there were several people present from Cyberchase Hell, including two that had seen exactly what Josh saw. Regardless, he wouldn't dwell on that story for long if Melody wasn't interested.

Hearing he had support from the Elite Four further reinforced his determination, his CONFIDENCE, and his AMBITION. Virtues he already had. They were not the Virtues that the electric Beast wanted him to develop. Those would come in due time; after all, impressing the Johtonian deity of lightning, thunder, and speed in its purest form was a very long process. "It is," Josh started sobbing, Crash sitting down suddenly. The Boltund whimpered, no longer wanting to hear his trainer lost in his emotions. He wanted to be withdrawn; the racer did as his partner requested.

"Melody, every time I think about the future I saw in the Cloud, it makes me feel like...like I was a selfish idiot. When I was younger and first getting into Pokémon racing...I wanted to track him down because it was the only way I thought I was going to be able to punch my card to the professional ranks. But ever since the day I left the Cloud..." Josh was borderline hyperventilating now, his face beet red and covered in tears. He looked like he could explode and scream at any moment. While they were secluded, an outburst at this time of night could attract undue attention. He bit his lip. Hard. Hard enough that it started bleeding.

It took every iota of willpower he had to not scream at the top of his lungs like he did when he talked to the night before he became a Ranger. Like he did when he saw Raikou and his entire team dead in the future he later vowed, over his dead body, that he would prevent. Like he did when he announced in front of a group of many Rangers his dream to pursue the Beast of his dreams. Biting nearly all the way through his lip helped, letting out a hiss instead of a scream.

"If you were there and saw that future, you know exactly what future I'm trying to prevent. And that... it's not about me anymore. It's about the League. And about Hoenn. Don't get me wrong; I would still love to do the things I originally pursued Raikou for." He was starting to hyperventilate again. "Calm down, Josh," he mumbled aloud. "You gotta calm down." His own Cyberchase Hell was clearly by far the most difficult thing to talk about, constantly tripping over his own words. "But now it's beyond personal. That future I saw is a future... but it's not Hoenn's only future. I could not bear to see a future like that."

Melody's words of support truly sunk in after he was done rambling. "...Thank you," he started sobbing again, perhaps a bit difficult to understand. "Reaching this goal means more than anything else in the world to me. As I grew older, I wondered what the purpose of the connection I felt was. This is it. It has to be. If this happens... and despite the danger it will put me in, I would want nothing more... I assure you, the two of us will serve the League the best way we can."

He shook his head, trying in vain to clear his thoughts. They were bursting at all sides of his skull, pounding at his willpower. It took a minute or two of silence, but the tears finally receded. "...This is going to sound oddly specific, but do you know anyone who has been in contact with the other Pokémon related to Raikou in the Johto myths? Entei, Suicune, or Ho-oh? I think they would be my best bet to be led in the correct direction."

{WC: 703}
{PC: 8}