the boy who killed love [c]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 6:05:59 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Things have been tense ever since the darkest day.[break][break]

There's something off. There's distance between herself and Remiel that Luka hasn't felt before. It's barely perceptible but still there, like a splinter resting just under the skin. Though she'd like to think she's imagining it in the throes of her own anxiety, it's hard to ignore his terse text messages, shortened phone calls, a perceived reluctance to meet.[break][break]

And as Remiel pulls away, Luka finds herself wanting to cling tighter. She's lost so much already; her father, her naivete, her precious Pokemon. She can't stand the thought of losing him too. Perhaps it's selfish of her, for Remiel has been through the same and maybe he just needs time or space or something that she's been unable to provide.[break][break]

But whatever it is, they should at least talk about it. That's what couples do, isn't it?[break][break]

And so Luka knocks on the door to his apartment in Rustboro, holding a bouquet expertly arranged by . Each carefully selected bloom conveys exactly what she wants to say to him, expressed in leaves and petals rather than words.[break][break]

It's so much easier to speak in flowers. But a proper confession can't be expressed by symbolism and interpretation. He deserves to hear it firsthand, even though her heart threatens to leap out of her mouth at the very thought.[break][break]

After a painfully slow minute the door opens and Luka stares up at the face she's come to adore over the past six months. An apologetic smile lifts the corners of her mouth as she holds the flowers out to him.[break][break]

"I'm erm...sorry for dropping by without asking." It's never been a problem before. "I just, um. I-I really wanted to see you. Can I come in?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 5:06:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Flowers?[break][break]

He takes a moment to look at them, though his gaze never veers from its typical nonchalance. Just as he begins to ponder whether this is the work of his fellow admin, however, Luka wakes him from the distraction with her apology. Though reluctant, he carefully takes the flowers from her hands and shakes his head before gesturing for her to enter.[break][break]

"It's no trouble. Come in."
[break]
He says, closing the door behind them afterwards. Rather than head to the sink and prepare the flowers for a vase, however, the royal sets them on a small table just past the door. Then he walks past Luka with nary a glance, making a beeline towards a bar cabinet in the living room. A quiet sigh fills the air.[break][break]

"Would you like something to drink?" He asks, reaching up to pull a bottle from its wooden socket. "Glass of wine, perhaps?"[break][break]

Behind him, a particular floating SINISTEA glides in to try and lighten the mood, greeting with a cheery little tilt of its cup.[break][break]

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 5:43:14 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
A hopeful smile flutters into place as soon as the door opens. For a moment Luka forgets all her troubles as she gazes up at Remiel, the look in her eyes so obviously enraptured that it's a wonder he hasn't guessed at the depths of her feelings yet. Perhaps an actual confession is unnecessary, a silly formality...but it feels important to her nonetheless.[break][break]

And unfortunately, her joy upon seeing him doesn't last long. For there's no warmth in the gaze that meets her own, blue eyes frosted over and unreadable. The flowers she'd spent so much time and thought on are plucked from her hands like weeds.[break][break]

She wonders if he can read them, decipher the symbolism woven through every stem and hanging off velvet petals like dew. But if he can, he makes no indication. He barely even glances at them, and pays her even less attention. A lump forms in the back of Luka's throat as she watches him walk away, but she swallows it down.[break][break]

"No, um...n-no thank you."[break][break]

Luka lingers awkwardly in the doorway, her gaze fixed on the flowers Remiel had discarded so flippantly. Mere weeks ago the apartment had felt so open and welcoming, a home that the two of them were slowly building together. Now it feels colder, somehow, and she feels like a stranger here.[break][break]

But she swallows thickly and dons as bright a smile as ever, unwilling to let this little blip put a damper on her spirits. Every couple has their rough patches, don't they? And Luka believes, fully and truly, that the love she has for him is enough to get them through this.[break][break] She greets Earl Grey with a softly cooed 'hello' and taps a finger against polished porcelain, happy that at least someone in Remiel's home wants her around.[break][break]

"I just wanted to talk for a little bit. Is that okay?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 7:19:24 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]There's no shrug or insistence on his part after she denies his offer. He remains stewing in silent thought as he goes about removing the cork from the bottle and pouring himself a single glass. A thick silence fills the room afterward. Only the sound of crimson red being smoothly poured, and the city just outside his windows, occupy their ears for the time being.[break][break]

Earl Grey, of course, is the only one who sees the discomfort rising in Luka's expression. The possessed teacup looks between them anxiously, wanting to fix whatever has happened, but is unsure how to proceed. So, for now, he floats over to the kitchen to prepare them a pleasant platter of pastries and snacks.[break][break]

Remiel turns with his glass of wine in hand shortly after Luka speaks again. "Yes, that's alright," The royal responds, meeting her eyes for a blink of a moment before looking away again and taking a sip. He'd taken temporary leave from the embassy since everything had happened. Part of his reasoning for doing so involved this. [break][break]

"You want to talk about what happened in Sootopolis... is that right?"
[break]

He adds, gently stirring his glass as he saunters around the lounge. What would happen in the next few minutes would be difficult. Perhaps the most difficult thing he'd ever done. But it had to be done: quickly and cleanly, with no room for doubt or misgivings. Though it's not made any easier whenever he looks at her...[break][break]

[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 18:53:02 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Yes. Um...w-well, kind of."[break][break]

Careful steps draw her closer to Remiel, pulling her in while he continues to pace, as though performing a pas de deux. A hundred times she wants to take his hand, and a hundred times she stops herself. She's still confused, searching for the right words— she wants to tell him she loves him, but doesn't know where to begin.[break][break]

Green eyes drop to the floor as teeth sink into her bottom lip. Her hands twist into her skirt to give her something to cling to. The silence stretches on between them as she waits for bravery to possess her, like ghosts do.[break][break] When Luka finally speaks she does so carefully, constructing her words like magic spells that might repair this rift between them.[break][break]

"I know I've said it already, b-but I think it bears repeating. I'm sorry for coming that day. I'm sorry for getting involved when I should have just stayed home and, a-and putting you in danger while trying to protect me. It was...stupid of me. I-I thought I could handle myself, but I was wrong."[break][break]And hadn't she suffered enough for her mistakes? She'd buried two of her Pokemon. If Luka had more self-worth perhaps she would be furious with her lover for icing her out when she needed him most.[break][break]

"I just...I couldn't help it. A-as soon as I thought you might be in danger I had to go and help. I know I couldn't protect you this time, but I'll do better. I promise! I- I'll work harder, a-and get stronger so that I can stand by your side properly. Because I..."[break][break]

This is it. Luka knows that as soon as she confesses, his fangs will sink too deep into her neck to pull away. And she walks into the wolf's mouth with a willing and open heart.[break][break]

"I love you, Remiel."[break][break]

And once she says it, the dam bursts and all her feelings flood through the cracks between her fingers. The weight around her heart seems to lift as she gazes up at him with hopeful, sparkling eyes.[break][break]

"I love you! A-and I know it's probably obvious but I really needed to say it anyways. Ever since I met you, the world just seems to be a more beautiful place. Even now, when things are so dark and uncertain, every minute feels like a dream. I-I feel as though we can make it through anything, so long as we're together."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 6:31:49 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Why is she drawing closer? She doesn't know, of course, that every longing gaze is a stab in his heart. Every nervous gesture an ache. And, as much as his expression yearns to break, he must not allow it do so. It would beckon questions.[break][break]

He hated what came next. It was the last thing he had ever hoped to do. But she wouldn't understand the real reason pushing him forward. So, instead, he'd have to adopt the persona of a man he'd been long ago: cold, distant, and disliked.[break][break]

Luka recites the issues that had bubbled to the surface as a result of this hidden truth. Remiel stands in silence as he hears them, pausing from his stir of the glass to gaze out the window in the meantime. Anything to distract himself from this.[break][break]

As she pleads that she will 'do better', however, the royal sighs once more and lifts his free hand to pinch the bridge of his nose as he closes his eyes. It's a break in character. Though it is one that she was sure to interpret as 'annoyance', rather than the actual guilt he felt for leading her down this line of thinking. When the silence lands, his eyes slowly open.[break][break]

It dares him to hope this is the end. Maybe he's angered her, he thinks. Maybe she's realized she's better than this. Maybe she's given up on him at last, sparing him the grief of having to cut her off with lies and falsehoods she'd never know.[break][break]

But, in fact, that silence precedes the sharpest stab his heart has received yet.[break][break]

"I love you, Remiel."
[break]

This is it. This is their crossroad. He must steel himself to do the right thing for her. He must adopt his colder persona once more to spare her the heartbreak of learning he was ADMIN for TEAM ROCKET. And more, importantly, to spare her an early grave on his account.[break][break]

Every word thereafter is a twist of the knife, and he takes a deep breath with his back turned to her yet. Tilting the rest of his wine down his throat, he sets the glass on a small round table nearby. Fighting back the urge to seize her in his arms and say it back with great fervor is excruciating.[break][break]

Then, the memory of her dirtied and blood-speckled face persists.[break][break]

Her tears, over loved ones and Pokémon that were far more deserving than he. And of better things, too. Things worth protecting above all. Her joy and laughter, of course. The same that he'd seemed destined to sabotage from the start, given his circumstances.[break][break]

He would send it crashing now, but Luka would recover better than she would have in a year's time or more, otherwise. She would find someone else; someone better. Someone she was more deserving of. And he would fade away as a memory himself; someone that she used to know.[break][break]

Even with all these assurances, however, he still glances over his shoulder at her reluctantly. Then, suddenly, with a narrowed sharpness in his eyes.[break][break]

"That's not love you're feeling. It's co-dependence, Luka. And, frankly, I've grown tired of it. Your leftover belongings are in the closet by the door."[break][break]

He looks away; his expression has finally broken. And, just as Earl Grey returns with a floating platter of cookies, he raises his hand.[break][break]

"We're through."[break][break]

Then, in a blink, he's gone.[break][break]

No room for argument.[break][break]

No room for witnessed tears.[break][break]

EXIT[break][break]

💔
[break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 18:37:16 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"What?"[break][break]

It takes a moment for Remiel's wordss to register. But when they do her face crumples in an instant, her saccharine smile replaced by confusion and hurt. A horrible, sinking weight settles into the pit of her stomach.[break][break]

She'd pictured a hundred ways this conversation could go. Most were sweetly idealistic daydreams, soft words and softer kisses and promises of a blissful future together. And she'd considered the opposite: that maybe he didn't feel the same now, but he could someday.[break][break] Never had she imagined such cold rejection. It feels like the air has been knocked from her lungs, her breath a trembling gasp as she stares at the back of Remiel's head.[break][break]

He couldn't even look her in the eye as he tore her heart out.[break][break]

"No—"[break][break]

Before she can protest, he's gone. Though she lunges towards the place he'd once stood her hands close around nothing, grasping empty air. Luka staggers backwards, limbs like bent lilies as she sinks into the floor. Her eyes, still fixed on the spot he'd left her, blur with tears.[break][break]

"What am I going to do?" she sobs to no one. "If I lose you, I'll lose everything."[break][break]

[break][break]

That night, Luka cries herself to sleep on his sofa.[break][break]

The next day, she tries to remove her things from his closet but breaks down again. When sleep comes to claim her this time it finds her curled up in the bed they had once shared, wrapped in blankets that still smell like him, head resting on a tear-stained pillow.[break][break]

On the third day she remembers she still has to eat to live. The stale cookies Earl Grey had left out are a poor supper but they're better than nothing. She stares at the wilting flowers left on the table and chews without tasting.[break][break]

She's still there the following day, a mournful wraith haunting the empty apartment. Listlessly, she floats from room to room, passing the time by perusing Remiel's small library or dialing a number that always goes straight to voicemail. Sometimes she merely sits by the window, staring out at nothing. And she waits.[break][break]

He has to come back eventually. And she'll be right here when he does.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 7:26:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Days have passed. In the solitude of his estate, Remiel had done his best to process what he had said and done. All he'd found was more silent grief and shame.[break][break]

Truth be told, he did not want to return to the place where it had occurred. But, alas, duty called. In light of recent events, the Galarian embassy needed him in Rustboro City urgently. And, after a hard day's work with the weight of the world on his mind, the bed he had once shared with Luka was his closest hope for rest.[break][break]

Earl Grey unlocks and opens the door for him before gliding in. A ghostly chirp in surprise follows. It isn't until Remiel steps in, closing the door behind him, that he realizes why. With his hand still on the doorknob, he looks at her before his expression winces slightly.[break][break]

After taking a deep breath through his nostrils, however, his nonchalance returns. "You're still here..." He mutters in disbelief, only daring to look at her for a moment longer before turning to leave again. "There's nothing more to be said."[break][break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 3:03:15 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Luka's private pity party is over as soon as Remiel opens the door.[break][break]

She practically leaps off the sofa to intercept him, suspecting that he'll try and leave again as soon as he notices her presence. And for once, her instincts are correct. Luka grabs him by the arm before he can open the door, her hand clenched in a vicelike grip. It's a desperate and pathetic act, but she really doesn't care.[break][break]

"Wait," she begs, "J-just a moment. Please."[break][break]

She looks awful. Dark bags rest under eyes that are red-rimmmed from crying, and her hair is limp and unkempt. She's wearing the same clothes he had left her in, with one of his large cardigans over top.[break][break]

"Please, I just..." Her hands tighten around his arm so tightly that were he to try and stiletto away again, he'd likely just take her with him.[break][break]

"I-I just want to understand," she stammers, her voice thick as she tries to keep a dry sob contained in the back of her throat. "I don't...what did I do wrong? I'm so sorry, I thought...I-I thought things were going well...[break][break]

This isn't her first heartbreak. Far from it. But grief still manages to slip past porcelain ribs and bury itself deep in her patchwork heart. And yet, deep within still lives a bubble of hope; a frantic, foolish wish that maybe they can work things out, and everything will return to the way it was before.[break][break]

It doesn't matter if he doesn't love her. She can bear that— but she can't bear to lose him forever.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 18:40:43 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]He comes to a jolting stop when she grabs him by the arm and insists he listen. With a sharp tug or bright spark, he can be free from it in an instant. But, ultimately, he chooses not to.[break][break]

It's clear whatever she has to say is important to her. Hearing her out was the least he could do after being such a monster yesterday. Though, perhaps, seeing her in his cardigan softened his sense of reasoning.[break][break]

Regardless, Luka practically ensures she'll be taken with him if he attempts to teleport away again. So he sighs, releasing his hand from the doorknob to turn slightly back in her direction again. Though he can only spare fleeting glances.[break][break]

This is the worst he'd ever seen her outside of the battlefield. To think he had caused this only added to the overwhelming guilt crushing his heart. Though it was better than the alternative he perceived would eventually occur...[break][break]

She speaks, and the thick silence that fills the room after her questioning is only interrupted by the morning birds outside in the trees. How is he supposed to answer her? What feels like an eternity passes before he finally musters up something.[break][break]

"It's not a question of what you did wrong, Luka. We simply... aren't compatible." I'm a part of Team Rocket. I'm Galarian royalty. It's all fated to end in misery. "And I apologize for not coming to that realization sooner, but there's nothing we can do to change that."[break][break]

He glances up at her, then down at the hands that continue to grip his arm. "Now if you'd let me go... we can both move on."[break][break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 5:45:00 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Despite the tightness of her grip, Remiel could still wrench himself free if he truly wanted to. Luka should feel grateful, she supposes, that he's kind enough to humor her. His voice is softer now than it was before, even though he still won't look at her.[break][break]

In the back of her mind she thinks oh god, now I've manipulated him into being nice to me.[break][break]

But she doesn't try to double back because even if she is playing up the pitiful angle a bit too hard, at least it's getting her answers. Poor excuses they might be, but it's better than being iced out again.[break][break]

"We're not?" Luka blinks up at him, surprise masking the grief etched into her features. "But I thought..."[break][break]

She thinks of stolen kisses and bashful glances and warmth creeping up the back of her neck. Whispered confessions as snow falls outside and the months of peaceful happiness that had followed. Dangerous rendezvous in his office, a birthday in the countryside, strolling down cobbled streets in Galar. Hadn't they been compatible then?[break][break]

When their hands linked together, it had always been a perfect fit.[break][break]

But doubt comes in as she second guesses herself. Perhaps she really had been the only one to feel this way. Her eyes flit to the ground as she finally releases his arm.[break][break]

"I still don't understand. But I can change!" Desperation laces itself through every syllable. "I can...I can do better! W-whatever the problem is, can't we fix it? You said...y-you said you cared about me. That you wanted us to be together, so..."[break][break]

In the mornings, in that sleepy haze between dreams and alertness, she could have sworn she met his gaze and saw the same adoration she felt reflected back at her. Maybe it was simply wishful thinking. But before she can abandon hope entirely, she has to be sure. Tear-bright eyes raise to meet his face.[break][break]

Look me in the eyes," Luka pleads, "And tell me you don't love me. And then I'll leave you alone."[break][break]

She exhales, shakily. "I promise."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 4:00:20 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Flashes of the beautiful time they'd spent together stings like alcohol on a wound. Remiel sees it, too. It's in her eyes for a brief moment; a daydream that a part of him anguishes in yearning for.[break][break]

When she finally releases his arm, however, the royal blinks. He's not sure she's understood or accepted his lie just yet. And, sure enough, just a moment before he raises his hand to teleport away again, Luka begins to try and bargain.[break][break]

It's the worst thing he'd expected happening when he decided to stand here and let her say her word. He rips his gaze away from her almost instantly, rubbing the bridge of his nose with a sigh. The proverbial knife that had lodged itself into his gut had a name, and its name was 'Guilt'. And, whether she knew it or not, his once-upon-a-time girlfriend was twisting it in there good.[break][break]

It takes everything to keeping himself from pleading-- from commanding, her to stop. Truths had become lies, and lies were being fabricated to parade as truths. Now she was asking him to commit to it all. What was supposed to be a clean cut out of it all was now becoming a tattered tear.[break][break]

... So be it.
[break]
He gathers himself. His back remains turned to her. Though, eventually, he slowly turns to look her dead in the eye and say it with that same trace of villainous venom he'd spoken with the day before:[break][break]

"I never loved you."
[break]

Then, with a snap of his fingers that forces EARL GREY out of his shocked stupor, he summons a shadowy portal before stepping away from her once more.[break][break]

The next day, his apartment is put up for sale. His phone number changes. And is no longer allowed to step past the front desk at the GALARIAN EMBASSY.[break][break]

EXIT[break][break]

💔💔
[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 8:55:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]AN ALOMOMOLA HATCHES FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE OR FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAFEGUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHIC

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 8:55:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: