6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 6:58:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh personally thought he was a bit too old to go trick-or-treating. In Goldenrod, there was a city ordinance that forbade trick-or-treaters over the age of eighteen. Hoenn had no such law. He didn't want to go this year because of the candy, though; he wanted to show off the costume he had put so much work into. Josh was dressed up as his vision of an Avatar of Raikou. He wore a vest with a highly reflective, thin piece of yellow metal on the outside of it, making it look like he was wearing a breastplate without it being overly cumbersome to wear. In his right hand was a shortsword-length plastic sword shaped like a lightning bolt, glowing yellow by a bright light on the inside of its translucent blade. His exposed skin was dotted with glow-in-the-dark war paint, giving his arms and face the illusion of being covered in electric sparks.

Saber's costume was much more elaborate. The normal saddle Josh sat in had been replaced by one crafted in the shape of Raikou's thundercloud, the billowing back end of it a lot taller than the racer was used to. A blue, spark-shaped dongle hung from the end of the Manectric's tail, making it look like Raikou's tail. Black, bolt-shaped stripes adorned the electric-type's legs and back, and a mask in the likeness of Raikou's face covered Saber's, complete with the blue muzzle, foot-long fangs, and a replica of the faceplate that made Raikou unique. If it weren't for his partner's fur being the wrong color, it would have been a much more convincing costume.

Excited to make the rounds and impress the Verdanturf residents, Josh texted . "I'm at the corner of Wally and Cytus, a couple blocks from the Pokémon Center on the west side. I'm in costume. You'll know me when you see me. Trust me."

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good

{WC: 311}
{PC: 1}

Mission: Tricking or Treating
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 17:10:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor had to admit. She had never done much Trick-or-treating, but with a meteor hurtling towards them. She figured she should at least let her Minh her Bagon get to experience the joys of scamming people out of candy.

Dressed in a Cofagrigus-inspired costume complete with the very mask granted to her by her now deceased Cofagrigus, some might claim it was her attempt at remembering her lost Pokémon.

Elinor walked behind the young Illumina stripe-patterned Bagon. Its bright rainbow colors call attention to it. Though perhaps the costume it wore did so more than the stripes. Minh had been given her pick of any costume she might’ve wanted, and for some reason she had picked the pinkest, brightest most sparkling of all Princess dresses, complete with tiara and a handbag made to fit.

The choice had surprised Elinor, but she had indulged the Dragon-type. And for once the Bagon now walked the streets, not with a scowl but with a bright smile upon her reptilian lips.

And so after having read the message sent by Josh, they both made their way to meet their wayward Protégé. Though she probably couldn’t call him as such any longer. Once close enough for him to see and heard her, she would raise her arms in a most spooky fashion and say “Greeeeeetings!” trying to mimic the corniest ghost greeting she could.

COSTUME: THIS + A real Cofagrigus mask (Yes there is holes for her eyes)
OOC: Mission thread for TRICKING OR TREATING

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 21:26:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Despite how corny the ghost-like scream was, Josh would recognize that voice anywhere. That was none other than Councilwoman . Playing along with her otherworldly greeting, The masquerading Leader raised his bright sword and pointed it at her, answering, "Begone! No evil spirit can escape the wrath of Josh, the Committed! Isn't that right...Raikou?" The Manectric let out a bark that sounded more like its own than the roar of the Johto Beast. He held the plastic lightning bolt a bit close to his mentor's neck before relaxing his arm and smiling.

"How you doing? I had to play along," Josh greeted Elinor, making sure there was plenty of room in the purple saddlebag camouflaged by the saddle's thundercloud-like design. "You know, the more time has passed since the meeting," his voice became much quieter, "the more danger I realized this is going to put me in. But that's not going to stop me. Don't get me wrong, fantasizing about riding Raikou is fun on its own. But I look forward to the real thing." Saber let out another crackling bark, hoping to meet the legendary electric-type someday, as well.

Josh pulled out his phone to confirm the route they would be taking. "There's a haunted house at the end of the block. I think once we've gone around the block and gotten our fill of sweet treats, we should check it out. Long as you've got ways of handling ghost-types, that is!"

Saber         Manectric      Good

{WC: 244}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 18:43:18 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Josh being in character was only mildly surprising. And so she was ready to play pretend scared when Josh proclaimed that no spirit could escape his wrath. She did her best shivering impression, but alas her costume did not make it easy to spot.

And so she quickly halted the ghastly shivering. “I figured you would.” She spoke with a friendly tone.

Josh quickly summoned a serious topic for a moment. Her mask hid her facial expression, but thoughtful worry painted itself upon her. “I am glad to see that your dream still lives on. Do remember to not get lost in the hunt, but I am sure I do not need to remind you of that.” Elinor said. But she knew it would do little to halt Josh’s eagerness for Raikou.

Meanwhile, the Bagon gazed upon the Raikou-knight, clearly not impressed.

“Oh, a Haunted House, how exciting?!” Elinor said. Mask hid the smile that was growing on her lips. “But yes, Minh here has been looking forward to Trick and Treating, so let’s do that first.” The Bagon yipped in exciting anticipation, as it made gestures for the group to get a move on.

They were wasting precious candy gathering time.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 4:22:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elinor seemed to be genuinely supportive of Josh's dream, which made a ton of sense after speaking to Melody and Matias about Avatars in general. Elinor was a member of the Council, the body that governed Hoenn. The Council oversaw the AQUA Initiative, so of course it was in her best interest to look out for people who had the drive to chase the gods. "Not at all. We talked about this after the meeting in Lilycove, don't you remember?" It still felt strange referring to her by her first name, considering she was one of the most politically powerful people in Hoenn. Second only to the League Commissioner herself.

"Of course," Josh agreed with the Councilwoman. "It feels weird to be able to do this again. Johto doesn't let anyone eighteen or older go Trick-or-Treating. I was very surprised to find out Hoenn doesn't have a maximum age for it." With that, Josh led the way to the block the two would be doing their candy run on. "And Raikou, watch your speed." And with that, they were off, the Manectric-masquerading-as-legendary walking alongside Elinor as they started going from door to door. A disappointing number of lights were off, but there were enough of them that the two would be able to get their fair share.

At the third house with its lights on, they were greeted by an elderly man and his two teenage brother-and-sister grandchildren. All three were thoroughly impressed by Elinor's, Josh's and Saber's costumes, and one of them even asked for permission to take a picture and a video as the other dropped a small bag of hard candy and a couple of Fun Size milk chocolate bars into the racer's basket. Given Elinor's position, he asked her if she was okay with being on a recording.

Whether or not Elinor was okay with it, Josh consented, making sure to warn his friend to stay out of sight if she wasn't okay with video of her being taken. Once the boy gave the thumbs-up, Josh pulled back on Saber's reins sharply and squeezed his sides, causing him to rear before darting across the large front yard the property boasted. He took one hand off the reins to manipulate his sword much like a charging knight.

After a couple of speedy laps around the yard, Josh came closer to the boy and dismounted, both the Manectric and Gym Leader making a full turn to allow the young ones to get a good look at his full costume. "You're welcome," Josh said to the adolescents after the recording had stopped. "Have a good one!" With that, he sat astride the purple thundercloud once more. "That family was sweet," he remarked to his Ranger mentor, on the way to the next house.

{WC: 464}
{PC: 3}

Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 7:58:31 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor gave nodded as Josh reminded her of their previous conversation. With the number of conversations she had each day, it was a wonder that she still remembered it. But alas she did. And for that she did not feel the need to continue to do so.

Instead, their focus turned to their purpose. “Really?” Elinor spoke in almost disbelief. “I wonder why that is?” She asked, still mildly shocked that it was an actual law.

She followed Josh to the street where they would be trick-or-treating. It didn’t take long for them to reach the street, and even less so to begin with the first door. While Elinor wasn’t as active a participant as the rest of the group, preferring to let Minh the Bagon have the spotlight, she did get a fair few appreciative comments as well as a bit of candy.

The third door of the street was particularly lively. An Elderly man and his adult grandchildren greeted them. They were all impressed by their costumes, to the point where they wanted to be recorded. They, of course, had the decency to ask first. “Of course, record me as much as you want.” Appearing as a part of the public like this could surely not cause anything but goodwill. The Bagon agreed as well, but due to the size was perhaps overlooked when it came to recording.

And she allowed herself to be caught on camera alongside the recording of Josh riding his Manectric. She even took a few spooky positions to be in on the act.

After that the group of Josh, Manectric, Elinor and Bagon happily left the little family to their own celebrations once more. She waved them all farewell as they walked away.

“Indeed they were.” She looked towards the basket of Candy that the Bagon was walking with. From there she couldn’t quite see the exact assortment, but she had a growing suspicion that Bagon would experience Sugar-rush in the near future.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 7:12:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, too, had acquired quite the stash after hitting most lit houses on this side of the block. The haunted house was in sight, its windows even having fake lightning effects flashing on them from time to time. It was clearly professional quality. Before reaching their true destination, though, they had a few more houses to collect candy from and show off their costumes. Both of them were clearly having fun with it, Josh slashing his sword at imaginary foes as "Raikou" cantered down the sidewalk. He got a couple of compliments from passers-by on the way to the last trio of houses they would be stopping at. The interactions were for the most part uneventful, though he did get one more picture from a young couple who were originally from Johto. They took two photos; one with Josh striking a victory pose from atop Saber (and with Elinor if she allowed it), plus a group photo that looked more normal other than his costume.

At last, they had arrived at the haunted mansion. It was big: three full floors, eerie sounds, a graveyard in front...just about everything imaginable. Even the fake lightning was accompanied by a prerecorded sound of thunder that made Saber flinch. It even startled Josh, though he played along after the jumpscare. "Hey Saber, if you want your costume to be believable, you should act less like a Manectric and more like a Raikou," the knight laughed to try to keep their spirits up. "After all, thunder is supposedly the sound of Raikou's cry. The real one."

With that, the young man approached the mansion's creaky-looking doors, pushing them open. They were as creaky as expected, making a loud sound marking evidence that their hinges had needed oil for years. The hall inside was big enough that Josh could stay mounted. "Ready, Elinor?" he asked.

{WC: 310}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 17:16:30 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The haunted house came into view. Elinor’s eyes were entranced by the quality of it. Even from the distance. However, she could not let it halt their progress, they had yet houses to visit and candy to acquire. She made sure to heave up her costumed slightly as they walked, so it didn’t drag along the ground.

Meanwhile, the Bagon skipped along. Merrily until people started to notice Josh and his costume and not her.

Luckily Elinor was there to keep the Bagon’s spirit high as Pictures were asked for once more. As before Elinor allowed herself to be caught in the photos. This time she even made sure to lift the Bagon so it would be in the picture as well.

And so, after a short uneventful walk through what had been left of the street, the group now found themselves in front of the Haunted house. Elinor had once more been caught in awe. Bagon stared defiantly at the terrorizing sight. Meanwhile, Josh tried to pep talk the Manectric into being more like The Raikou it was masquerading as.

But it didn’t take long before Josh finished with that and urged onward toward the mansion’s creaky doors. Elinor gave him a nod as she said. “As ready as I will ever be.” While joining him at the entrance, quickly followed by her Bagon.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 5:33:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh and Saber coughed as they found their faces full of cobwebs. "Hah, didn't think my sword would be useful here," he laughed after spitting a few times. He held the glowing, plastic blade in front of him, ready to clean up particularly thick cobwebs in their way. Another loud creak echoed in the main hall as the Manectric stepped on a rigged floorboard. The entrance closed behind them without warning, a recording of a Mismagius cry playing afterward. It was real enough sounding that "legendary" and rider were both on edge, Saber rapidly shuffling his legs to give both of them a look in all directions. There could well be real Ghost-type Pokémon in here, and Mismagius was a dangerous one to encounter. Though Josh was masquerading as a Hero of Johto, that plastic sword of his would do nothing but break if he tried to slash a Pokémon with it.

"You alright?" Josh asked Elinor, his eyes shifting to check for Ghost-type threats. He should have brought his Absol with him just in case, but he didn't; he would have to rely on his Pyroar to handle such Pokémon if need be. He hoped it didn't come to that. "Be careful. I wouldn't be surprised if there were real ghost Pokémon in here. What say you we explore this place from bottom to top? I get the feeling we'll have to find a different way out of here." He pointed toward a door on the left side of the hall and a double-door on the right side, "Raikou" nodding in approval.

{WC: 267}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 9:29:18 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor couldn’t help but chuckle a bit as Josh got a face full of cobwebs. Her mask luckily protected her from such events, though Josh seemed to clear the path all the same.

And so they entered the haunted house. Bagon walked by her side, surprisingly close. Elinor noticed but did not comment on it. If the Bagon felt fear, it made her glad to see that it sought her for comfort.

Though the House was well made it did not scare her, the door closed behind them. The cry of a Mismagius sounded from somewhere she couldn’t pinpoint. She felt the eyes of an unknown opponent upon her, but it did not scare her. What was a little paranoia compared to standing in front of the jaws of a deified-Necrozma?

“Yeah, I am fine.” Her voice was filled with bravery. As one of the leaders of Hoenn, she would have to inspire courage in people like Josh.

“I think you are right. There’s definitely something or someone in here.” She looked around, but she saw naught but shadows and more cobwebs. “Checking this place out from bottom to top sounds like a good idea.” She began to look for a stairway down to any basements that this house might have.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 10:07:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elinor's attention toward the floor tipped Josh off to look for a basement. Josh scoured the west half of the floor for evidence of a loose floorboard or any indication of a trap door. It wasn't a haunted house with there being at least one trap door. Preferably multiples. Another Mismagius cry echoed over a nearby loudspeaker, the young man's skin tingling as he let out a yelp shortly afterward. The trigger for said outburst was a three-dimensional cutout of a Mismagius, posed as though it were using ASTONISH.

"Sorry, I thought it was a real ghost Pokémon," he apologized to Elinor, sweating on the inside. He was going to need a long and cold shower when this was done. "I didn't find any way downstairs on the west side. Maybe there's something in this game room," he gestured toward what appeared to be a bar-like gaming hall, complete with dartboards, a pool table, and the like. There were fifteen balls racked up in a triangle, ready to be broken by a white cue ball. Something was off, though. Perhaps that every single colored ball on the table was a thirteen ball?

{WC: 193}
{PC: 6}

Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 19:20:43 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

While at first Elinor looked for a way to the basement. Her attention quickly fell upon Josh and how skittish he seemed. A chuckle escaped her when she heard the yelp.

“No need to apologize…” Elinor walked over to Josh, eyes inspecting the Mismagius cutout. “It looks fairly convincing.”

While the Bagon tried to keep a straight face, it was definitely not as adept as its trainer at hiding fear.

“Perhaps,” Elinor replied gaze turning towards the game room. She entered the room and an eerie sense of being watched washed over her. But though her breathing grew heavier her mask hid her face and the growing paranoia she was hiding. She allowed a finger to run along the edge of the pool table as she continued to walk past it.

She could not see an entrance into the basement. But perhaps Josh had found something?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 7:21:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elinor had every right to be paranoid, too; if she was paying close attention while running her finger along the edge of the pool table, she would have noticed an additional shadow cast from her body that was not accounted for by any light sources in the room. When her finger passed the middle diamond on the far side of the pool table, the cue ball went flying toward the rack of fifteen balls on the opposite side of the table, as though a professional player had struck the cue ball full force. If Elinor tilted her head, she would see a shadow shaped like herself, a cackling voice coming from it. It had to be a Pokémon doing that. But which one?

Meanwhile, Josh examined the other side of the gaming hall, taking particular note of the dartboards. All of the darts were fletched with Dreepy-themed reds and greens. It had been a long time since he had thrown darts. Not since before his first trip to Hoenn, while he was still a teenager. Taking three of them from a shelf near the other dartboards, he figured he would see how many darts it would take him to throw a single leg while Elinor continued to investigate.

His third throw was way off, landing in the Triple 13 wedge. The moment the dart contacted the wedge, the panel the dartboard was attached to receded into the wall, revealing a hidden, creaky-looking staircase leading upward. "Look at these...and this!" Josh called out, blissfully unaware of what had happened to Elinor other than hearing what he expected was her breaking the rack (and hopefully not scratching...)

{WC: 277}
{PC: 7}

♥
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 13:40:46 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She had not been paying attention to her Shadow, and neither had Bagon. In fact, she had been paying attention just about everywhere else but the pool table and her shadow. So when the cue ball went flying she found herself almost jumping to the side a surprised shriek emerged from her.

She quickly spotted the movement of the cue ball but didn’t stop there. She looked around. Is this place truly haunted or is it merely a ghost-type Pokémon? She thought, but then as she tilted her head and saw a shadow eerily shaped like her cackling with a sound.

Trying to not let fear catch it the Bagon’s Illumina pattern began to shine brightly, its light aimed in SPOTLIGHT at the Shadow.

“I will be with you in a minute!” Elinor replied as she watched the proceedings between shadow and spotlight unfold

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Uncanny Mansion [M]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 23:25:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elinor's shriek immediately caught Josh's attention. He turned around to see a red-striped and a brown-striped ball fall into corner pockets. All the colors were standard, but every ball was numbered 13. Unfortunately, the white cue ball also dropped into a pocket. As if on cue, a mischievous laugh came from Elinor's shadow.

When her Bagon shined its SPOTLIGHT on the shadow, its true form came to light: a wild Sableye playing mischief on the two of them, holding the cue ball in its hand. "You can always count on ghost Pokémon to be in these places," Josh mused aloud, "but I think it's more impressive seeing haunted houses that don't use Pokémon at all. The best ones are the ones that are purely mechanical." He took the cue ball from the playful spirit and placed it behind the white dot on the near side of the table. "Solids or stripes?" Josh asked jokingly.

Once Elinor was done interacting with the Sableye (and possibly shooting pool), Josh gestured toward the hidden staircase he had uncovered. "I found a way upstairs. Besides, I don't want to be behind the eight ball anymore."

{WC: 193}
{PC: 8}

♥