Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 20:06:24 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Sometimes the news came easy. Quick to be delivered and forgotten. Sometimes, the news was hard, painful to give even. Elinor Anderson sat in her comfortable chair, back leaning as far back as it could in the chair for now. Clad in a suit and tie, hair in a bun. The very picture of a professional.

She mulled over how to deliver this news. How to broach the subject in a kind manner. Perhaps she shouldn’t broach it kindly. Perhaps it would be a proper wake-up call for . Who would be arriving soon? The seriousness of the news had forced her to ask him to travel to her office in the League Headquarters.

Josh hadn’t done anything bad. This was why the news she had to share with him was so grim. He was a good kid, and she loathed to do this after what had happened to him at his Gym. But the future did not wait. People had to be prepared to even have a fighting chance, and how could they be prepared if those meant to teach them were being too kind? Kindness was not something the ULTRA BEASTS or any other threat would grant them.

OOC: N/A
LOCATION: EVER GRANDE CITY -> THE POKÉMON LEAGUE HQ -> ELINOR'S OFFICE

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 4:28:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A week after the Silph Cup, Josh had recovered quite a bit from 's attempt on his life, both physically and emotionally. It was still a painful memory, but one he was in the process of turning into a landmark on his life and letting it no longer affect him. He showed it on his trip to the distant island of Ever Grande. While he had briefly been at the island once as a pit stop to Pacifidlog Town, Josh had never been inside the Pokémon League Headquarters before; his initiation as a Gym Leader was done remotely due to an in-person meeting being a logistical nightmare at the time.

Once his Sharpedo had carried him across the waves of Hoennian seas in record time, Josh switched rides to his Espeon, Janus, who took him the rest of the way to the League's Headquarters building. He was conveying feelings of nervousness for his trainer to his mind, the two still unable to telepathically communicate in the human language. That would come over time, what with Janus' bond with his rider being so young. While he would be forced to dismount his Pokémon when he headed inside the office complex, he did let the large psychic-type walk alongside him.

With an expansive and comprehensive office directory, finding Elinor's office was a lot easier than he thought it would be. It was much larger and much more extravagant than her Ranger office back in Fortree, as was to be expected of one who shared the second most powerful political position in all of Hoenn. Having texted Elinor when he got to the island, he figured the door might be open already. If so, he would sit down in a chair in front of the office's main desk, running his hand through the tacked Espeon's short, purple fur. "Hey, Elinor," Josh waved. "Sounds like we have to meet up under some pretty dire circumstances. What's going on?"

{WC: 326}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Kamuy         Umbreon        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 9:59:16 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Josh would find the door open, she was prepared for him after all. She gestured for him to take a seat, and he did while greeting her.

“Hello, Josh. I hope the trip wasn’t too bad.” Elinor said as she lean up readying herself physically and mentally for what she was about to do.

“Indeed, I am afraid so.” She thought back to the one time she fought him in his Minor League, it had been quite easy for someone with her team to win… She had hoped it would improve. But it seemed like it hadn’t.

Elinor reached into one of the drawers in her office desk and retrieved what was a sizeable printed report of Josh’s League battle and other statistics accompanied by several written reviews of the Gyms (as well as everyone else, but they weren’t the focus of this meeting) With fancy professional-looking graphics and the fancy schmancy title of HOENN LEAGUE GYM CIRCUIT: KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS. (HLGC: KPI for short)

She turned it towards Josh and pushed it forward. “By now, I presume you have familiarized yourself with the duties of your position both on the battlefield and in the office?” She asked though the question was very much rhetorical.

Though kindness tried to keep her professional sternness at bay, it found it difficult to do so. Evident as the weird mix could be spotted on her face “With that in mind. Have a look at this report and tell me what it says about your gym.” She had already read it of course. But perhaps Josh hadn’t?

OOC: I FIGURED YOU WANTED TO DECIDE EXACTLY WHAT THE REPORT SAYS ABOUT JOSH!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 8:58:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Oh no, not at all," Josh answered regarding the trip. "When your Gym can involve flying around a race course at breakneck speed, going way faster than most are comfortable with is just second nature." He frowned; it seems like the was a serious problem. From the report the Councilwoman pulled out, it seemed like it was job performance related. He had gotten almost entirely fantastic reviews from those who had challenged his Gym.

"I have," Josh confirmed when asked about the job's expectations. "And not to toot my own horn, but I felt like I've done a bang-up job since day one." Apparently the League disagreed. Josh needed to figure out why. As she slid the report over, Josh got a chance to look through it. He immediately flipped to the section with all of his KPIs. "Let's have a look-see," he mused aloud.

CHALLENGER REVIEW KPIs
Registration Process...................
Exceeds Expectations
Battle Challenge.........................Meets Expectations
Battle Entertainment...................Exceeds Expectations
Race Challenge.........................Exceeds Expectations
Race Entertainment.....................Exceeds Expectations
Customer Service.......................Exceeds Expectations
Overall Satisfaction...................Exceeds Expectations

LEAGUE NON-TRADITIONAL KPIs
Registration Process...................Exceeds Expectations
Educational Concept....................Exceeds Expectations
Educational Execution..................Exceeds Expectations
Theme: Concept.........................Exceeds Expectations
Theme: Execution.......................Exceeds Expectations
Productivity...........................Exceeds Expectations
BAR: Non-Traditional.....................Meets Expectations

LEAGUE TRADITIONAL KPIs
Registration Process...................Exceeds Expectations
Educational Concept....................Exceeds Expectations
Educational Execution..................Exceeds Expectations
Theme: Concept.........................Exceeds Expectations
Theme: Execution.......................Exceeds Expectations
Productivity...........................Exceeds Expectations
BAR: Traditional.................Does Not Meet Expectations

COMMENTS
As a new Gym Leader, you are doing wonderful. You have a great theme for your Gym, and your Pokémon reinforce it very well. The only concern we have is with your Battle challenges. You are awarding Badges for battles far more often than any other Gym Leader in Hoenn's history, including historical Gym leaders.

Normally, we would let a single metric slide, given your outstanding track record everywhere else in the program. Unfortunately, this one metric is so far out of range that we feel this needs to be addressed expeditiously.

One of the most important duties of a Gym Leader is to ensure that trainers that you award Badges to truly have the qualifications, as they are an internationally-measured standard of battle prowess. In times of need, we may need to recruit strong, distinguished trainers for assistance. Those who have made significant progress on the Gym circuit are often the first to be considered.

It is, therefore, important that you do your part in ensuring that the Badge counts of Hoennians remain an accurate measure of Trainer prowess. Therefore, we need you to put extra effort into decreasing your Battle Challenge BAR (Badge Award Rate). We will be monitoring this metric over the next three months. If we do not see that significant progress has been made, you may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including demotion to the Minor League.

"...I had no idea it was this bad," Josh's jaw dropped as he flipped through the report. "Just...Arceus. My word. Are there any League programs I can enroll in that will help?" He thought in particular about the incredibly one-sided beatings and gave him not too long after he opened the place.

{WC: 532}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:24:46 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

While Josh was reading, Elinor’s eyes softened. Kindness won as she saw how Josh reacted. She knew he thought he had done well. She knew he thought that everything was up to speed. That’s why she had thought it important that SHE delivered the news rather than some no-name on the corporate ladder.

She pondered the options for a moment. “Well, the Trainer School in Rustboro City does offer classes for trainers. But I feel that they might not be able to provide a proper level of difficulty as they focus on the basics, and I figure you do understand the basics.” Elinor paused. “If you have any dragon type Pokémon then The League does offer some courses for that specific type as they are known to be difficult to handle.”

But as she spoke she realized that The League was woefully lacking in options. “Besides those two options, I’d suggest that you actually partake in the Gym Circuit as a challenger. This is exactly the sort of thing the traditional challenges of the Gyms are meant to teach.”

“Though I do know the Gym schedules are often filled, so you might not be able to get in before it is too late.” She paused. “So with the limited time you have to improve. I would like to offer you my help since I do like to consider myself rather adept at traditional battling.” Elinor offered him with a smile.

OOC: I FIGURED YOU WANTED TO DECIDE EXACTLY WHAT THE REPORT SAYS ABOUT JOSH!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 9:24:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was relieved to at least be meeting with Elinor for this serious news. If there was one bigwig in the League that understood Josh, it was her. He figured that the day she recruited him into the Rangers, she never thought he would be a Major League Gym Leader! As he listened to the various options Elinor gave him, he frowned. "You're right," Josh answered, "the Trainer School wouldn't help me. It's not the fundamentals I'm struggling with. It's...really advanced stuff." He paused.

Next, he took in the description of the Dragon-focused course. It was definitely a good suggestion, and one he had looked into with the Rangers before. "That sounds really fun! I'd love to take that course some time in the future, but again, I don't think it will help with my specific issue."

Josh's eyes widened when she suggested he take up the Gym Challenge not as a Leader, but as a challenger. It brought him back to the day when the League first went public about Meteno 99943...the meteor that would impact Hoenn in about one month. The meteor of which it was his duty as a Gym Leader to do his part to warp to Sea Hoenn. He was responsible for making sure the Desert Beacon was activated, and had less than a one-second window to do so, given the range he was instructed to activate the beacon at and the speed of a typical meteor as it approached. "I... I..." Josh stammered, remembering the Bonfire on Slateport Beach. It was three months ago, but it now felt like yesterday. "It's funny you speak of the Gym Challenge now. Because..."

Josh reflected on how different his first day of work with the Rangers was compared to all the training he did for the Gym Challenge. It was a lot more fulfilling, yes, but it was also a lot harder work. He took out his Johto Gym Badge case containing five Badges, pulled out a small notepad stored underneath the raised tray that held them. It was filled with notes on all his battles with Gym Leaders, particularly on ones he had repeatedly lost to. He also reflected on the words racing through his subconscious, dreaming mind last night. If the others listened closely, they could hear him repeating these words aloud:

Your courage is admirable, but you sorely lack the foresight to use it. Your confidence is admirable, but you sorely lack the judgment to use it. Your ambition is admirable, but you sorely lack the insight to use it.

Those words flew through Josh's mind on loop as he flipped through his old notes on what he did well in his Gym Challenge and what he could do to improve. He closed the lid on his Badge case, with the notepad still in his hand. "Today...today I chose a new path," Josh said with a solemn look on his face. "To do that, I had to give up one dream to pursue another. A dream that did not work out. But now I have a new dream. One I am sure will come true. I want to pursue this new dream as a new and better person." He undid the belt containing his five other Pokémon, doing his best to hold their Balls up to eye-level. "Today...I'm retiring from the Gym Challenge. I have no need for these anymore." He tossed the notepad into the fire in front of him, then redid his belt. Many of his Pokémon, even the normally emotionless Absol, became beady-eyed as they saw it burn.

"...and that's the other half of what happened that day. The day I came to your office, sweating bullets in a sleep deprived state... remember that day? It's one I'll never forget." He, of course, didn't expect her to remember; she had to have spoken with dozens, if not hundreds, of people on a daily basis. She was one of a few people in one of the most powerful political offices in the region. "That day, I told myself I would leave the Gym Challenge behind. And I wonder...is picking the Gym Challenge back up truly right?"

Then, Elinor personally offered her services as a Pokémon combatant to him. "You sure? What with you being so busy..." If she didn't have the time to, she wouldn't have offered as such in the first place. "If you can, then I think that might be the best way to go. I'll have to give it a lot of thought. If you have a lot of Pokémon, I can tell you what's been causing me trouble. It's not general battling skill. It's something specific I just have no idea how to overcome. You might have an idea what it is, given we clashed back when I was in the Minor League."

{WC: 814}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 14:24:09 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Her assumptions were agreed upon by Josh. Neither the Trainer School nor the Dragon-type training specifically would address the issues he was facing. But what struck her the most was when she mentioned the Gym challenge. It seemed to bring back memories for him, memories he told her about.

She vaguely recalled that day. Though as she dug deeper the details grew clearer. “Of course, I remember.” She stated but allowed Josh to continue.

It came as no surprise to her that he much preferred her personal help. And she would give it to him, after all, he was a rather personal investment for her, even if he did not know that.

“Yes, I do believe I have an idea about it. From my recollection, though do correct me if I remember wrongly, you relied an awful lot upon your speed as the sole winning factor. Such tactics when placed against Pokémon with superior ability to take hits or defensive capabilities, simply put you at a very severe disadvantage. I am sure I need not mention there is a lot of Pokémon that fit that description. And this is not touching upon tactics that will mess with the very concept of speed or Pokémon who are simply quicker than you.” Elinor paused realizing that she might be overwhelming Josh.

“But shoring up all your weaknesses in such a short amount of time might be a bit too ambitious to aim for, so let’s focus on one of these things. Which do you think is the best thing to address?” Elinor asked.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 4:47:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was a lot to consider. Speed was a potent weapon, and his Gym leaned into it a lot. Perhaps a bit too much. As Josh flipped through the report, there was an addendum at the end with a detailed analysis of the hundreds of challenges he had taken, both Battles and Race Challenges. "The League did a really good job with this report; it's already a step ahead of us. Take a look at this."

AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT
Upon review of your Gym Challenges in the last 30 days, we can recommend the following areas of study for improvement:

a) Handling TRICK ROOM
We have noticed over 60% of your Traditional Battle losses involved challengers whose Pokémon used the move TRICK ROOM. One of the possible battle conditions at the Battle Arcade, run by Minor League Director , is to battle whilst under the effects of TRICK ROOM. If you show him a copy of this report, perhaps he could be convinced to help you in this way, given your relationship with him prior to joining the Major League.

b) Handling defensive Pokémon
We have noticed your reliance on what you call the THOUSAND CUT JOUST, a rapid-fire series of QUICK ATTACK uses, as the decisive blow in matches. Almost on the level of a Z-Move, this is a very strong tactic, and reinforces the lesson you are trying to teach challengers quite well. You should keep using this tactic, but understand that it is a tool in your toolbox, and should not necessarily be the cornerstone of your strategy. Against extremely defensive Pokémon, they have the opportunity to see through and counter the attack, given the time to study it. GYRO BALL is an attack that is of particular concern; you should consider developing a way to handle it.

c) Handling situations where you do not have the speed advantage
While it is a very small percentage of your challengers, we have noticed, particularly from your battle with Elite Four , that you are extremely susceptible in battles that your Pokémon cannot outrun their enemies. As a Gym Leader, challengers will craft their teams of Pokémon to prey upon your Gym's inherent weaknesses. It is, therefore, imperative that you understand both sides of your battles. We highly recommend taking the time to have your six fastest Pokémon spar against your Pokémon that do not have quite so much speed.

d) Non-Traditional Challenge: Land Pokémon Race
While it is within acceptable limits, your BAR for your Land Pokémon Race challenge is on the very low end of what is acceptable. We recommend retooling the challenge so that it is slightly easier for challengers to win. Your other Pokémon Race challenges are right where we want them to be.

"Take a look at this first bullet point. Do you have Pokémon that can take advantage of TRICK ROOM?" Josh asked Elinor. "I agree with the report; I think battling me inside a TRICK ROOM is the single most helpful thing you could do to help me out."

{WC: 518}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 17:38:30 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

As always The League’s work was comprehensive. She would have to thank whoever authored the report, even though she was well aware that it was a multi-staff operation. Perhaps she could thank them with a Pizza party…

Moving on, the report made some more elaborated statements that Elinor had already pointed out in her prior observation. Though from reading these it seemed Josh decided that Trick Room would be the more pressing concern.

Elinor sighed. “While I have more than my fair share of slow and sturdy Pokémon I can’t boast of owning a Pokémon currently capable of using Trick Room to its fullest.” She stated. “While I am sure I could teach one of my Pokémon the move, it would take time to train them to make proper and good use of the effect of the move.”

She looked thoughtful. “The report mentions . While he is most definitely busy perhaps it would be worth inquiring if he has the time to offer you a few sparring matches.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 22:34:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh was a bit disappointed Elinor couldn't help with the Trick Room situation, she did direct him to someone who could. Plus, it wouldn't be a bad idea to practice against the Councilwoman's defensive Pokémon. "I'm not saying a rematch against your Pokémon wouldn't be helpful," he raised his hand in objection. "I think it would be very helpful. Just not quite as immediately effective. Can we head out to the battle complex? I would assume there's an open arena somewhere. Might be good to go over what can be done about learning how to take down such sturdy Pokémon like yours. And then..."

The name came up yet again. "His name seems to be at the center of every single one of my goals. He helped me get to the position I'm at now, mentoring me when I was in the Minor League. His Battle Arcade can provide Trick Room practice." The next goal was, to him, the most important of all. "And most of all, Kyle is best buddies with, of all Pokémon, Entei. Even among legendary Pokémon, the best possible way for me to prepare for Raikou...is to battle and ride the next fastest Pokémon on land, Entei. It seems all roads lead to Kyle."

Josh sighed as Meteno 99943, once again, came to mind. "Once Meteno is over, I want a rematch. Not even for a Badge if you don't want one. Just both of us holding nothing back. You kicked my teeth in when I was in the Minors. I want to show you what I've learned since, including what I'm sure you'll teach me today."

{WC: 280}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:23:53 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A smile of understanding was sent in Josh’s direction as he tried to backpedal a bit. She understood what he meant and took no offense to it. “Perhaps. Though the battle complex has been rather busy lately. But I am sure we can find an arena.” Elinor mused.

Though the conversation moved on to Kyle. “Well, there is a reason why he is the Champion.” Despite one might not think so, Kyle did seem invested enough in his position to work as a goal for many budding trainers to reach. She might even be inclined to count herself among those. Though there was little more she could add. Josh had the right of it. All roads did lead to .

Meteno was brought back to the forefront of the conversation. “Oh, I will fight you for that badge.” A competitive grin appeared. “Though perhaps if we are to go all out for this rematch, then doing it in your Arena might be unwise.”

She knew well the power of destruction her Pokémon held. If they were allowed to go all out, well she’d have a hard time explaining that to Josh’s Gym Insurance.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:49:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh smiled at Elinor's confidence. "Then how about we head back there?" he asked the Councilwoman. "Not for a battle necessarily, just to brush up on some things. Some pointers for shoring up my weaknesses as a Gym Leader. I'd need to swap away from some of my travel Pokémon, so give me a few once we get to the arena." Assuming Elinor was down for some mentoring, Josh would let her lead the way to the back and continue the conversation along the way.

"Indeed. There is far more to a Champion that just battle prowess," Josh mused down the long hallway. "I don't intend to advance in the League any farther than I am at now. I'm very happy with where I'm at positionally. I just want to be... the best Gym Leader I can be." He sighed, thinking about Meteno again. Though his sole responsibility was to ensure the beacon was activated in time, Meteon would surely not be the end of Hoenn's problems. Though he didn't know how far in the future the future he saw in the cloud was, it was a future he wanted to change for the better. And his best bet, he felt, was to appeal to his childhood idol.

"I wouldn't mind doing a battle outside city limits, in that case," Josh agreed with Elinor as he logged into the Storage System and swapped out some of his travel Pokémon for his main battling team before sending them all out, putting them on display for her. "These are my six best," he gestured and waved toward the Dragonair, Absol, Gogoat, Skarmory, Pyroar, and Manectric, all geared up and looking like they could carry their trainer away at any moment. "Now, where shall we begin?"

{WC: 295}
{PC: 6}

Twilight      Absol          Good
Nitro         Gogoat         Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 8:53:48 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor nodded and got up from her chair. She walked around the table and began to lead the way to the Battle Complex while continuing their conversation while they walked.

“Well, if you are happy with your position then that is all that matters.” Elinor agreed. And she had to agree. Having gotten to know Josh fairly well, as far as she knew. She figured he wouldn’t last well going higher than that, not because of a lack of battle prowess, but because of politics. He was simply too kind for that game.

They reached the storage System. Elinor gave Josh some time to pick his Pokémon while she also picked a team of her own. “Well, When we settle on a date for the match, I’ll have to make sure the area is cleared. Wouldn’t want anyone stumbling in on accident.” She commented as the Six Pokémon she picked appeared. Shedinja, Swampert, Steelix, Electivire, Metagross, and Aggron.

With the six Pokémon picked. She led the way to one of the few unused battle areas. A basic thing, no more than a field with a few lines marking boundaries. But it would have to do. After all, they hadn’t reserved a place in advance.

“So, which should we begin with?” She placed the ball in Josh’s court. She figured he knew which of his Pokémon needed the most focus after all.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,054 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 0:01:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had already been caught up in the politics of being a Gym Leader, what with being in on how the League was going to handle Meteno. He wasn't happy with the level of politics he was involved with as it was. It was, however, a small price to pay for how happy the rest of his career made him. Though he had to quit professional Pokémon racing, he never felt like he had done so, as a result of integrating it into his Gym Challenge.

"There's plenty of flatlands outside Mauville and Verdanturf," Josh suggested, though the plateaus outside Fallarbor would be remote enough, as well. The six Pokémon Elinor sent out were all fearsome in their own right. Any combination of them looked challenging for his team to overcome.

"How about we start with both of my flying Pokémon," he offered, pointing to Resheph and Bladestorm, who were quick to fly in front of him. "Perhaps we can have a short match, just as though you were at my Gym. Then in between rounds, would you be able to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?" It was a lot to ask, yes, but clearly the Councilwoman had as much battle experience as the Elite Four did. It was worth a shot!

{WC: 223}
{PC: 7}

Twilight      Absol          Good
Nitro         Gogoat         Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
KINDNESS (Social)
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 20:31:29 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Josh suggested they picked his flying Pokémon, to begin with. Elinor gave them a glance and nodded in response to Josh’s suggestion. A short match could provide a good basis for evaluation.

“A short match sounds like a good idea.” Elinor agreed.

Elinor considered which Pokémon to send out in response. For a brief moment, she considered picking a rather basic team. But instead, she opted to test Josh’s Pokémon knowledge.

“Dinja, Vire. Your up.” The Shedinja and Electivire walked to the battle arena.

Elinor walked to the designated trainer area before turning to Josh and announcing. “I will let you have the first move!” And so both Pokémon would wait, for Josh’s Pokémon to take action.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]