Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 2:10:17 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Most evenings spent at Rocket Headquarters, Elisabeth preferred to lock herself away in her admin's office. The foyer had attracted her interest this evening, however, for a simple reason: the coral reef outside the window was particularly beautiful this time of night. [break][break]

She watched Corsola gather beneath watery moonbeams as she reclined on the lounge's sofa, her attention briefly distracted from the file loosely dangling in her hand. In the other sat a glass of gin and tonic, slowly nursed to keep her company during the late hour.[break][break]

It was quiet, though the distant sound of footsteps could be heard to remind her that others were here, just as she was. The foyer itself was fairly empty, save for herself.[break][break]

Which made the sound of approaching footsteps all the more noticeable.[break][break]

Her emerald eyes curiously turned towards the source of them, finally offering him a brief, polite smile.[break][break]

"Admin Calcifet. What an unexpected surprise."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:04:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
With a glass of amber bourbon in hand, emerges out from the shadows between the bar and the lounge area. He's dressed in a trim and sharp navy suit, though it's not quite as complete as it had been just a little while ago. The lack of his jacket and tie, and the unclasped buttons below his collar, may hint that he's only just come back from a meeting looking to unwind and relax.

"Lady Fiorelli," The admin smiles back, lifting his glass in greeting. "Pleasure to see you again. I'm just as surprised to see such lovely company alone." He adds, descending the carpeted steps before coming to a stop and pausing to admire the ocean floor view. "Though the solitude one finds here is quite unique... isn't it?"

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:31:00 GMT
[nospaces]

An idle swish of her hand waved away the formality, brushing past it with a sly smile. "Oh, 'Lady' will be unnecessary, I think. Just Fiorelli is fine." [break][break]

The life of nobility had ended for one of them, if not the other. Although with the current condition of Galar, that state of affairs might change sooner rather than later. Could you remain a monarch, if your region was in ruins? [break][break]

Elisabeth kept that dark thought to herself, unsaid.[break][break]

A dry laugh answered him instead as the blonde lifted her own drink to mirror his toast. [break][break]

"I don't think it's so surprising. I often find myself alone, to be honest." Elisabeth brought the gin to her lips, only to pause before indulging to add, "Especially at this hour." [break][break]

Something she privately doubted was the same for him, given an effusive conversation had on the subject of in her flower shop several months ago. It brought a faint smirk to her lips.[break][break]

Nobility didn't change that much, no matter which region you were in.[break][break]

"I do agree with you, however," the Rocket admin continued, her gaze shifting to the shadows of the reef, before returning back to him with a subdued air. "The solitude here in the submarine is rarer than most."[break][break]

As if to illustrate, the sinuous form of a Milotic danced just outside the panel of glass, dappled in starry rings of azure light.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 7:35:23 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel appreciates the gesture of familiarity on her part, shifting his cobalt-hued gaze back onto her with a smile and a  nod. The formalities in his speech had been engraved in him since childhood, of course. And, though GALAR was very nearly brought to utter ruin across the sea, the part that lived within him would always remain pristine and resolute.

The prince chuckles at her next response, gently stirring the amber in his glass as he observes an Eelektross poke its head out from cave-like coral. It seems to be on the lookout for passing prey, stalking a lone Wishiwashi nearby. "Is that so? You and I are most certainly alike, in that aspect. Though I hope I haven't disturbed your peace."

Outside, the sudden appearance of a Milotic scares that Eelektross back into the shadows of its dwelling.

Incapable of not granting the beautiful scene out their viewing port a few moments of admiration, Remiel eventually manages to tear his eyes away from it before quietly gesturing for permission to sit and share the space with her. He takes a sip of his liquor after seating himself on the lounge's sofa, folding one leg over the other as he, too, reclines to relax.

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 18:08:38 GMT
[nospaces]

Wordlessly, Elisabeth shifted to allow space for to join her on the plush seating. Outside, the silhouettes undersea vanished in plumes of sand and scattered bubbles, lost to the black-blue expanse. [break][break]

"Is it work that keeps you up, too, then?" she asked him. [break][break]

Her drink was exchanged on a nearby table for a crisp manila file, one that she tapped gently to emphasize her own reasoning. At closer proximity, the darkness beneath her eyes was subtle, but noticeable.[break][break]

"Whatever peace we experience now is short-lived." Worry furrowed her brow as her line of sight narrowed in on the unseen contents of the folder. "Retaliation for our actions at METENO, and in Mt. Pyre and Littleroot, is inevitable."[break][break]

The ebb-and-flow of conflict demanded it.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 11:26:56 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
At her inquiry, the Galarian sighs. "If only it were just that." He responds, taking another sip of his bourbon before peeking an eye at the manila folder she regards. Admittedly, the royal wonders what WALSH or the others might have her working on now. Though he'd been running himself more or less autonomously in the organization for quite some time, a part of him had to imagine what the internal politics between the higher-ups were like now.

"It'll be difficult for Team Rocket to paint itself in a good light after this fiasco, that's for certain," He says, shifting his gaze back onto the moody underwater scenery ahead. "Endangering the entire world for profit is not a look the people look flatteringly upon. The League knows that, and I expect they'll make use of it."

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 1:04:09 GMT
[nospaces]

To his observation, she shrugged before saying at length, "I suspect that's by design. It is my belief that attempts at winning over the League's members through propaganda have been deemed as efficient as possible, and thus, the next phase of tactics must begin. And this is an offensive phase, in every respect."[break][break]

Elisabeth frowned slightly, glancing from her folders to . She didn't know him particularly well, to speak truly. For all that she and the Galarian Ambassador had in common -- background in the aristocracy, a position of authority in Rocket, scholarly interests -- the two had existed in parallel lives within the organization more often than not.[break][break]

"You were there at the Transfer of Power. What is your thought on the matter?"[break][break]

A dangerous question to answer, particularly to strange company.[break][break]

Still, she wondered.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 14:01:25 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Though he was half-Kalosian himself, Remiel's history with KALOSIAN women was not a simple one. There was and , just to name a few. And now, it seemed, could be added to that list. For, as natural and effortless as their relationship might have been set up to be, their roles in TEAM ROCKET factored greatly into the reality of it.

Information was a commodity here. No one was to be truly trusted. And loaded questions could, in fact, be as dangerous as loaded guns. But, more than that, there had always been something... morbidly fascinating, about Elisabeth.

The story of HOUSE FIORELLI and LISA BORTIFORTE inspired a great deal of controversy in the aristocratic world, after all. Remiel had seen his fair share of it to surmise what kind of woman Elisabeth truly was. Her presence here, among these ranks, only assisted in dismantling the illusion.

But, even still, in the iceberg-blue glow of that undersea vista, he'll answer. Even if only to gauge her response.

"Choice is a totem used in Rocket's sleight of hand. Power is, and always has been, individual. And those that remain shackled to their old ways are destined to repeat their sorrowful history." He shifts his eyes to meet her own, as a mournful WAILORD song echoes in the deep. "Did you agree with the course that was taken?"

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 4:56:10 GMT
[nospaces]

"Sleight of hand?" A thin, amused smile curved her lips. "Ah. It is a Magician's Choice, then? The illusion of any choice at all, while the result of either remains the same." [break][break]

Elisabeth wasn't blind to 's position of power outside of Rocket.[break][break]

There had been fleeting glimpses of the prince, in passing, at events that demanded the presence of the wealthy and influential of their regions. Galar and Kalos held ties greater than most; nobility was a dying tradition, but one that they both laid claim to, in different ways.[break][break]

She'd stood in the shadows of great men, watching them lord over others while dismissing people like her on the sidelines as ornamentation.[break][break]

If Remiel had ever noticed the silent, dutiful wife standing behind her husband in those years, it would have genuinely surprised her.[break][break]

Yet that he'd heard of the mad woman who burned down the Bortiforte manor -- the so-called Black Widow of Kalos -- would not have surprised her in the same way.[break][break]

The aristocracy thrived on gossip. It was why those within it learned quickly how to use their words like knives.[break][break]

To his direct question, Elisabeth cocked her head at him as she leaned back, a cat-like grin on her lips.[break][break]

"Do you play chess, Admin Calcifet?"[break][break]

Outside, the Wailord sang to sleep the waning night.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 1:43:23 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel smiles at her response and the sight of her slightly mischievous grin. The question he's received in response is likely meant to lead to a proper answer soon enough. In fact, he can guess what she's probably going to say next.

"Of course," He answers, watching as a lone Relicanth passes by their viewing port. "And I know the value of taking risks. But nobody wins if you risk and lose the entire table the chess game is being played on." He adds, shifting his gaze back onto the Kalosian beauty nearby.

"I would expect our overseers to play more cleverly than that."

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 4:59:15 GMT
[nospaces]

He'd caught onto her point, in more ways than perhaps he'd realized.[break][break]

"The overseers are the players of the game," Elisabeth said, sweeping a hand over an illusionary chessboard. "As for us, we are merely black pieces set against white. Some of us -- the grunts, the associates -- are pawns. Others -- let's say the Head Scientists, for example -- have a little more leeway due to their unique expertise, as knights that can overstep the rules that bind others."[break][break]

The Relicanth's retreating shadow left the ocean empty for a moment, nothing but endless blues as far as the eye could see.[break][break]

"You and I," Elisabeth said, holding his gaze, "are bishops. We slide our way between the other pieces, finding the best way to angle ourselves."[break][break]

Her hands fell upon her lap, as if setting the imaginary table anew.[break][break]

"In the end, however, we are simply pieces. All of us are expendable, should the player see value in exchanging us for something else. Whether it be a desirable position on the board, or a risky gambit."[break][break]

Littleroot had been both the former and the latter, and her life had been dangled repeatedly and loosely in the balance of Walsh's designs.[break][break]

"Do I enjoy being a piece on the chessboard, Admin Calcifet? Not especially. Real power is in the hands of the players. Until then, a piece does not get to determine the way in which they are maneuvered."[break][break]

Unmistakable bitterness echoed in the final statement, unspoken but voiced nonetheless.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 14:38:37 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Her elaboration on the concept she provided rung true in his ears. But where was he headed if he remained here — defiant against Walsh and the direction he was taking this game with his little chess pieces? Sense and reason were not something the bishops on this imaginary chessboard lacked, and he knew at least one rook that showed much of the same. But what did that matter, in the end?

"The illusion of democracy traps even the boldest and the brightest among us..." He sighs. "I suppose we might know better than most, given our roots in the monarchy." The prince adds with a dry chuckle, lifting his glass to take another smooth sip of his amber liquid.

The 'constitutional monarchy' was a fallacy.

There wasn't a shred of doubt to him that his mother, the QUEEN, could run Team Rocket herself. She'd employ the same manipulation, the same ruthlessness, and surround herself with elite who were given false choices then expected to nod and conform against their own principles. It was why he'd left his home region in the first place: to be free of it.

And now he'd found himself in that situation once again... just with a shiny new coat of black and red paint.

Noting the tinge of bitterness in her voice, Remiel expects Elisabeth is in a similar predicament. Despite the fact that she's cognizant of the cage she occupies, however, which was more than could be said for most, it's clear to him that she still sees a future here. Cobalt hues settle on her pensively.

"I used to think the only way out was deeper in," He finally says, wondering if the same echoed within her line of thought. "I was obsessed with making a name for myself here, free of noble titles and accolades. I was obsessed with seizing power I could call my own."

The Galarian shifts his gaze to the big blue empty that lies ahead of them. Dark canyons go on for what seemed like miles. The undersea life that had once flourished in front of them now appears to have suddenly disappeared altogether. They are alone. More alone than, perhaps, they've ever been.

"In truth, it's all just a crutch. A new set of shackles. Real strength lies in yourself."

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 1:06:33 GMT
[nospaces]

A treasonous undercurrent lurked beneath the surface of their conversation, whispering at darker discontent buried undersea. The more they spoke, the closer a mutual confession dared to breach the verbal barriers set up between them; the truth loomed as a shadow both could glimpse at, but neither dared to fully drag into the light.[break][break]

The nobility had taught them both better, or so Elisabeth believed. Which was why 's explanation caught her off-guard.[break][break][break]

"I used to think the only way out was deeper in."
[break][break]

The prince's use of the past tense did not escape Elisabeth's notice, as evidenced by the faintest arch of an eyebrow as she turned to regard him. In some ways, his sentiment echoed her own. In others, the contrast between them had never before seemed so stark.[break][break]

"Was the power you already possessed in Galar not enough, then?"[break][break]

There was a bite to her question, a resentment that hinted at another: Have you ever known true helplessness, heir of Galar?[break][break]

Elisabeth's entire life had been from one cage to another. The cage of her father's debt. The cage of her marriage to a man obsessed with control. The cage of infamy that made a peaceful life in Kalos impossible.[break][break]

Rocket was a cage they had both willingly chosen in Hoenn for themselves. And that choice had consequences, as they were now both finding.[break][break]

The Rocket admin leaned her chin on her hand, eyes flitting to the window where nothing but emptiness greeted her distant gaze. Her golden hair fell over her shoulder with the motion, softly tousled with disarray.[break][break]

"Do you think there is anyone in this world who exists unshackled?"[break][break]

This time, Elisabeth's question came out tired. Her words ached with doubt, but underneath them was a quiet wondering.[break][break]

" herself serves the court of public opinion, as does the council. They cannot act freely in their own interest, not without repercussions. himself was killed and betrayed by others in Rocket, and sits on the same blood-soaked seat Blackwell once knew."[break][break]

She closed her eyes for a moment, considering the value in her next words, before letting them fall from her lips.[break][break]

"At least in Rocket, we can see the shackles. The chessboard we act upon is fully visible."[break][break]

Years of playing at intrigue in the dark, guessing at the shadows of friend or foe, had taught her to value that transparency.[break][break]

"Even the lowliest florist in Littleroot, Admin Calcifet, can be made to dance on a puppeteer's strings. All it takes is a meteor to fall from the sky, a barrier to be erected over the region to trap her in place, and for unknown enemies in the shadows to strike her home when she least expects it."[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:07:04 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
"Was the power you already possessed in Galar not enough, then?"

Remiel lightly scoffs, taking another sip of his drink before answering. "It was never really mine to begin with. Besides, I've come not to trust anything handed to me on a silver platter."

His status as heir apparent had always been the boon with which his mother hoped to control him, after all. When he finally let go of that dream in his teenage years, he could no longer be held hostage by it. He wonders if Elisabeth had faced something similar with her late husband. One could resort to drastic measures when they felt trapped and smothered.

Nevertheless, Remiel does not pry. Instead, he looks over to the noblewoman as she closes her eyes and speaks, absorbing every word with respectful silence. Absorbing that dangerous beauty of hers, too. It's something classical and elegant. In that luminescent blue lighting, it's downright divine.

Finding his glass empty at this point, the royal sets it down on the lounge table by his side before sighing. In one smooth motion, he rises from his seat to step forward before coming to a stand just a foot behind the viewing port glass. His hands clasp themselves behind his back as his eyes focus on the dark silhouette of a leviathan in the distant dark.

"Hm. Better the devil you know than the one you don't, then, is it? You're right, Admin... there are forces out there that are greater than us and out of our control. Sometimes the best we can do is conform to them. But one must take caution in lumping what we can control along with them." He adds.

Turning over his shoulder to regard the elegant blonde, he continues. "Like you, I've cut my strings before. The plunge into the unknown that follows is as exhilarating as it is terrifying. But tell me... would you take it all back if you could? I struggle to believe that the conviction to cut those strings again doesn't yet lie within you... waiting for the right reason."

TWILIGHT COUNSEL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Twilight Counsel
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 3:58:03 GMT
[nospaces]

"Oh, I don't know about that." Her smile curved somewhat, flashing him an almost crafty grin. "Plenty of men have made great use out of their silver platters. Don't you think?"[break][break]

She believed , though. The disdain in his reply spoke volumes, and she had witnessed the irritation that came with the yoke of expectation. Her husband had remained in a manor he despised for years and years, only to maintain noble appearances.[break][break]

And her husband had stayed in a decade-long marriage he despised for that same reason.[break][break]

What power Elisabeth possessed was the very one the prince observed of her now: beauty and sexuality, two things her husband feared her wielding more than anything else. Enough that she had learned how to make full use of those weapons, despite never desiring to in the first place.[break][break]

Her own chessboard had lacked many pieces, in those years. She'd played at being a sole pawn marching onwards in hopes of becoming more than the paltry, disposable thing she was.[break][break]

She watched her fellow admin depart the sofa, wandering the submarine with a philosopher's mien before pausing at the port hole. Half of her had expected him to dismiss her words, but he regarded them thoughtfully before replying. He gave them weight.[break][break]

So Elisabeth attempted to do the same in her reply. She arose from her perch as well, gliding to where he stood to stare at the ocean in all its vastness.[break][break]

"Better the devil you know... I suppose that is one philosophy, yes. Although sometimes the devil you know is the worst devil there is."[break][break]

When she turned to him now, a severity entered her gaze that was not there prior. And despite this, her words were spoken with all the lightness of a jest:[break][break]

"There is always the option, Admin Calcifet, of becoming the worst devil you know."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]
- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]