Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
An Inquiry: Littleroot [s]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 11:02:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

A few days after the organization-wide meeting with in Sootopolis, Zev returned to the city, dressed in casual clothes and carrying a six-pack of beer. He entered the Rocket submarine and made his way through the enormous machine toward 's office in the North Wing.[break][break]

Out of respect for the other man, Zev knocked twice on the office door, but then let himself in. He had few opportunities in the past to visit, but the room had not changed. Cold metal walls, the temperature turned down low, Lugia's Pressure exerting itself. But Zev did not let any of it phase him as he crossed the space toward Gavin's desk.[break][break]

"Hey," the hitman said in greeting before putting the beer on whatever free desk space was available. "I brought the new seasonal beer from Moonblast Microbrew. Do you know it? It's 's brewery."[break][break]

Zev took a seat in the only empty chair in the room.[break][break]

"I didn't expect her to be part of Team Rocket. When she spoke up at the meeting, I admit, I was surprised," he mused aloud. It was an idle thought, not one he intended to spend much time considering. After all, he was in Gavin's office for a different reason.[break][break]

But first, Zev selected a bottle of beer from the pack, one labeled Bitter Malice, and popped the cap off. A hoppy, bitter taste filled his mouth with the first sip. Perfect. Just how he liked it.

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 17:37:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though still cold, his office is a few degrees warmer than usual. It smells of peppermint and cigarettes, the former on account of a tea tray sitting on the desk. Aside from the tea, the desk is empty, and Zev would have ample space to put the beer.

There is, in fact, another empty chair... but it's not meant for guests. Its purposes are alarmingly clear by the fact that it's bolted to the floor. There is a drain beneath it.

"I know it," he affirms, of 's brewery. "And her. She's deceptively sweet, isn't she?"

He smiles, seemingly delighted rather than disturbed.

He doesn't offer Zev tea, both because of the beer the other had brought and on account of prior reactions. Instead, he nudges the tray aside and reaches for a bottle of the signature Shadow Punch. Notes of pumpkin and cinnamon combine pleasantly to taste.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?"

They hadn't scheduled a meeting just to drink; Gavin's time is too important, especially of late.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 19:40:33 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

"Deceptive is right," Zev admitted, tilting his head in acknowledgement of the truth. Leaning back in his seat, he regarded the other empty chair for a few seconds and took another pull from his bottle before turning back to Gavin.[break][break]

Right to the point. The blonde man knew Zev well.[break][break]

"I meant what I said the other day," the hitman replied, his tone lacking any indication of his inner thoughts. "I'm joining the effort at Littleroot. Don't look so surprised. I need to involve myself this time."[break][break]

For the past three years, Zev had avoided involving himself in major Rocket operations in Hoenn, so focused was he on finding Caleb. But he had solved the mystery of his missing brother. He knew exactly where Caleb was, and if there was going to be any fighting, Zev was sure the League would force Caleb into the thick of it. He was the perfect fodder.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 19:51:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He follows Zev's gaze to the chair, the ghost of a smirk tugging his lips. The floor is ever-so-slightly slanted toward the drain, to collect whatever fluids might be expelled from the unfortunate soul who'd sit that macabre throne. No trace of its previous occupant can be seen; Gavin is efficient in his cleanliness. The entire office is spotless.

Attention flicks back to Zev as their conversation continues.

"I reconciled my surprise on the occasion of the meeting," he assures Zev drily, "though I am curious: why now?"

Most things seem able to be traced back to , where Zev is concerned. Gavin has no notion as to the younger Harcourt's whereabouts, but he can think of no other reason except, "Your brother?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 20:09:52 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

A nod followed Gavin's astute assessment, completely devoid of fanfare, celebration, or sense of victory. It was curt and cold instead, Zev's blue gaze pensive. "I found him, Gavin."[break][break]

Well, found him. The younger man had actually met Caleb, talked with him, exchanged phone numbers. With that information, Zev and Isaac had been able to look up the other Harcourt's exact whereabouts.[break][break]

Slateport. Right under Zev's nose.[break][break]

"He goes by Caleb Sharpe now, and he's being used by the Rangers. That's why we never found him before. We didn't even bother looking in their records." He shook his head, still somewhat in disbelief it had taken him more than three years to find his brother.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 20:17:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
To Gavin's credit, he processes the unexpected news with only a widening of the eyes and the lift of his brow. He had expected, perhaps, that Zev had found only a lead — that he had more than this was downright shocking.

How had they missed it?

We looked, he thought, but not in the right places.

"Used?" His tongue wraps the word in doubt. He's thinking of . "Are you certain?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 20:50:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev did not miss the doubt in Gavin's tone. Hand-in-hand with caution, skepticism was a tool of survival, and Zev did not fault Gavin for second guessing his conclusion. But Zev was never wrong. Not looking at the Rangers' records? An oversight, maybe. But he knew his brother. Caleb would never go against his wishes.[break][break]

"I haven't talked to him yet, if that's what you're wondering," Zev said. "I need to gather more information first and formulate a plan for his extraction. Which is why I'm here, actually."[break][break]

He took another swig of beer.[break][break]

"When we attack Littleroot, the League will likely send a sizable force to stop us — the bulk of their fighters, I'm guessing. You know Caleb's résumé. You know how good he was at what he did. They'll send him to fight his friends and that chaos will be the perfect time to grab him."[break][break]

Of course, the plan counted on the League not noticing the sabotage of Mt. Pyre until it was too late.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 2:16:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
No. What he's wondering is a little more bleak. Had Caleb been forced, or had he become disillusioned with Rocket like so many others? Once, Gavin would've assumed the loyalties of men like Razz and Archon to be a given.

Zev appears unshakably certain, however, and there's no point wasting breath on trying to change his mind. They'd find out soon enough, one way or the other.

"I won't be at Littleroot." Plans could change, but for now, "My attentions will be on our Mt. Pyre operation. But, if there's something I can do for you...?"

He trails off, not feeling the need to state it any more explicit than that. He's helped Zev in the past, after all.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 9:07:01 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

"I'm going to scout out Littleroot soon, in disguise, but I could use whatever intel you have on it already," Zev replied, not hesitating to make his request. "And if you know which other Rockets will be involved in the operation."[break][break]

Despite working for Team Rocket in Hoenn for the past three years, Zev did not know most of the people within its ranks. He recognized some names and faces from the times he'd accessed the member database, but those files only contained concrete facts, like hometown and occupation.[break][break]

If he was going to fight, he wanted to know about the characteristics of his allies, the strengths and weaknesses, the temperament and trustworthiness.[break][break]

Not only that, but if there was any critical knowledge about the town itself — either beneath its idyllic surface or in its history — Zev wanted to know. It could be pertinent to the operation.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 9:36:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods at the request, reaching under the desk to press a button. Its surface splits apart, a laptop lifted into place. As the underboss flips up the screen, the dormant Rotom in his phone assimilates with this new technology.

"I'll send pertinent files on Littleroot, as well as my own report regarding our siege of the Contest Hall." It may have seemed a strange thing to include, but, "There was a Tree of Life beneath it. I had thought it to be destroyed, but it was admittedly the first thing to come to mind when Velmos mentioned a source of energy."

The Tree of Life in Sootopolis, after all, had been a source of energy so large as to bring about the Darkest Day.

"Personnel are still in the process of being assigned, but I'll forward the files of those I'm certain will be in attendance. Rotom. Redact restricted information." He trusted Zev well enough, but there were details in personnel files that the assassin wasn't cleared to know. "Beast Delarosa is the most prominent confirmed. Have you met?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 10:10:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev folded his arms at the mention of the Tree of Life, his eyes narrowing at the idea of a second Darkest Day occurring not long after the first had occurred. Though he had not been in Sootopolis to witness the carnage, he had read the reports and witnessed the aftermath.[break][break]

"Even more reason for us to get to it before the League does, then."[break][break]

At the mention of the Rocket Beast, Zev shook his head.[break][break]

"Not yet, but I intend to introduce myself. Do you know where I can usually find him?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 15:46:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin notes Zev's narrowed eyes, guessing at the context.

"It wasn't so large as the one in Sootopolis," he clarifies. "But still a formidable sight."

He shakes his head at the question; he and were not close. But... "As underboss, the Beasts are at my beck and call." He seems to enjoy that power. "I can put you in touch. I think he'll appreciate your skillset."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 16:26:59 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

With a nod, Zev accepted Gavin's offer. It was much simpler for an underboss to summon his subordinate than for Zev to seek out the Beast, not knowing anything about him.[break][break]

"Thanks. Let me know when and where to meet. You have my number."[break][break]

His business and beer finished, Zev rose from his chair. Heturned as if to leave, but paused before taking another step. Glancing back at Gavin, he gestured to the remaining four bottles in the six-pack.[break][break]

"Keep the beer. We have more than enough at Howling, so consider it a gift. Speaking of which, are you going to be at trivia night this week?" A humorless smile cut across Zev's face. "Your rival team has gotten overconfident since you haven't been showing up."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 2:05:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: