Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 1:19:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Theirs was a standoff much like many happening elsewhere on the mountain. League against ROCKET, fighting for ideals that neither side was willing to compromise on. Barnaby himself eyed the combatant before him... and the Pokémon at his hip.

The gigantic HOUNDOOM by the stranger's side was impossible to miss. Barnaby's GALLADE likely wouldn't fair well against the thing, so he immediately recalled it and summoned his own Fire-type to the field.

A dark-scaled CHARIZARD materialized, flames already licking from the sides of his opened jaws. With one powerful stroke of his wings the dragon was airborne, placing himself several feet off the ground.

"Go!"

Lucien didn't need much prompting. He stretched his wings to their fullest and then began beating them rapidly; simultaneously, a bluish glowing energy appeared in crescent shapes and suddenly shot toward the enemy HOUNDOOM.
• hidden identity (masked)
CHARIZARD used AIR SLASH

+ 50 MP for participating in a battle
+ 10 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread
TOTAL: 60 MP

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 19:51:07 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The burnt scarred man eyed this masked person, curious as to who it was behind it and who in the right mind thought that destroying their home was a good idea. Yet in the end, it didn’t matter. It was league versus rocket, him against an enemy that stood before him. Blood and Water.

The massive six foot seven hell hound let out a bitter vile snarl, ebony lips lifted to show her pearly whites. The stand off stood, waiting for the other to make a move. Maverick huffed, watching as the masked man retreated his gallade in favor of a more suitable opponent for his hell hound. Her own ruby gaze watched the flying lizard carefully, ready to throw down.

And a simple order made the charizard make the first move, Azula taking the blunt of the air slash that was thrown her way. It slashed at her skin, drawling bits of blood here and there on her body. It stung, but it was nothing she couldn’t handle. Her growled, gaze on the fire and flying type. The taste of toxic substance thick in her gut. Muzzle parted, letting several balls of thick toxic SLUDGE BOMBs erupted from her and aimed for her opponent.

Behind, Maverick kept his gaze on this masked man. The canine could handle herself, she didn’t need direction from him.

for at my pyre doing paaa:mt pyre. houndoom is hit by air slash and retaliates with sludge bomb!

10 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread
50 MP for participation in a battle

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 1:04:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

SLUDGE BOMB. It was a move that Barnaby wasn't quite expecting from the hellhound and which caught Lucien off-guard as well.

A surge of toxic muck erupted from the HOUNDOOM's throat, spraying Barnaby's CHARIZARD in poisonous goo. Toxins immediately began seeping into the pores of the dragon's skin, causing him to become POISONED. The attack and subsequent effect was enough to send Lucien spiraling downward, where he impacted roughly with the ground near his opponent.

Merde. They needed to even the playing field, fast.

"Dragon Breath!"

With sludge still thick on his body, the CHARIZARD's jaws quickly opened and let out a ghastly periwinkle haze aimed at the gargantuan hound across from him. It would inflict damage, but more importantly had a chance to PARALYZE the target.
CHARIZARD is POISONED
CHARIZARD used DRAGON BREATH

TOTAL: 70 MP

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 20:26:31 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Azula’s muzzle parted, sending thick globs of toxic substance at the dragon not dragon type pokemon. Her aim was true, successfully cloaking the mighty charizard in the nasty vile she spot up. However, the canine knew this wasn’t over. Even as the flying and fire type fell to the ground, it was clearly not done yet.

The beast took aim, firing right back at her without second thought. A beam of dragon energy shot out from its own jaws, slamming into the hell hound at point blank. The blast sent the canine several paces back, flailing through the air before landing with a soft thud. Her body summersaulted over itself, coming to a dusty stop several feet away.

The burnt scarred man was stunned, taking back that this oddly colored charizard actually managed to get a good blow on his normally well seasoned battler. His crimson colored orbs fell upon his houndoom, watching as the canine slowly but quickly got to her feet once more. His brows scrunched, though he didn’t mumble a single work. Instead, his eyes fell back upon the masked man and his beast of a pokemon.

The massive hell hound got to her feet, stumbling slightly only to regain her balance once more. Rage filled her menacing gaze, another round of vicious snarls ripped through her throat. Azula wasn’t going to accept that laying down. Suddenly, the hell hound darted forward ignoring all screams of protest from her aching muscles. Taking advantage of a grounded flying type, her muzzle parted wide as she hoped to CRUNCH down on the charizard any where she could.

for at my pyre doing paaa:mt pyre. houndoom is hit by breath breath and retaliates with crunch!

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 1:26:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

The PARALYSIS that Barnaby was counting on did not take effect. This turned an already bad situation into a dire one.

"Move! Dodge it!" But there was no dodging a HOUNDOOM barreling at full speed, massive jaws agape and vying for flesh. In his weakened state, with toxic goo coating his wings and weighing him down, all Lucien could do was defend himself as best he could.

As his opponent drew in close, the CHARIZARD presented his left forearm for the hound to grab ahold of. Simultaneously, crackling electricity began to build up in his right palm as he prepared a THUDNER PUNCH. That palm became a steadfast fist as soon as teeth met skin and moved to slam into the HOUNDOOM's cheek.

Despite the punch landing a solid blow, the hound refused to loosen her grip and instead began thrashing her head from side to side, effectively shredding the scaled flesh on CHARIZARD's arm. The metallic scent of blood filled the air. The dragon was weakening rapidly and within moments began to slump further into the earth. Fainted.

Barnaby knew this was a losing matchup. Before his Pokémon could be injured further, he brought out Lucien's Luxury Ball and recalled him, sending out his PERSIAN instead.

Hopefully she would swing this battle in Barnaby's favor.
CHARIZARD used THUNDER PUNCH
CHARIZARD fainted
PERSIAN was sent out

+ 50 MP for getting your Pokémon knocked out
TOTAL: 130 MP

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 2:21:51 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Azula came in hot, muzzle parted ready to clamp down on the pesky dragon. And as she came in to crunch down on her foe, the charizard decided to hit her back head on. Canine teeth clamped down onto the charizards first, electrical pulses zipped through her as she tried to do as much damaged as possible. It was a stand off, who could last the longest. And unfortunately for the charizard, it couldn’t hold up.

The canine snarled, back away from the uncurious fake dragon as it got recalled. Maverick huffed, eyeing the masked rocket. Although he didn’t show it, a sense of cockiness washed over him. HE had to admit though, that charizard was strong if it could hold its own against Azula.

The next pokemon was summoned, the feline hissing angrily at Azula. The hell hound snarled back, ready to rip the cat apart. Without hesitation, houndoom darted forward. Long arrow tipped tail became surrounded in a silvery glow, turning hard as steel. And when she was close, the canine would whip herself around intending to IRON TAIL the feline.

for at my pyre doing paaa:mt pyre. quick reply! azula uses iron tail!

10 MP for knocking out another character and/or their Pokemon.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 2:53:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

With catlike severity, the PERSIAN eyed the injured dog before her, split pupils trained on her every movement.

Although Azula was a considerable opponent, Gabrielle herself had a streamlined, lithe body composed of cut muscle and limber sinew - smaller than the hound, yes, but just as deadly. She was a natural predator and therefore inherently fast and strikingly nimble. So when the giant HOUNDOOM began barreling forward the cat was easily able to jump out of the way of the other's IRON TAIL.

The counterattack came milliseconds later. Another burst of electricity in the form of a SHOCK WAVE, directed right at the center of the HOUNDOOM's chest.

Barnaby hoped it was enough to finally subdue the horrid beast.
PERSIAN dodged the IRON TAIL
PERSIAN used SHOCK WAVE

TOTAL: 140 MP

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 3:08:26 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It was clear that the canine was worn down. Her reaction time has been slow, her advance on the feline even slower. She charged forward, having every intention to slam her opponent with her iron tail. However as she got close, the feline was quicker. A sudden shock wave of electric shot out from its body, causing the canine’s muscles to seise without her persimmon. Her body fell to the ground, flailing dramatically as the electricity took its toll. Soon, the canine just couldn’t hold on any more and was out cold.

The once trumpet feeling vanished from Maverick, quickly recalling his baby before the feline had time to rip her to shreds. The burnt scarred man let out a huff, reaching for another pokemon in hopes to beat this masked team rocket member with his next beast. The garchomp roared with life upon being released, eyeing the feline darkly. “Go Astraea.” The dragon and ground type rushed forward, body suddenly became surrounded in a white glow and light as a feather. Her eyes narrowed, ready to AERIAL ACE the feline in any way she could.

for at my pyre doing paaa:mt pyre. quick reply! azula is out, astraea the garchomp is up next. uses aerial ace.

50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 3:45:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

The beast had been felled.

But Barnaby knew not to celebrate prematurely. His opponent wasted no time in releasing his next Pokémon - a damned GARCHOMP, of all things. These creatures were known to be wickedly fast, something that he wouldn't underestimate.

Despite this... the shark readied its first attack so quickly that Gabrielle barely had time to even attempt to dodge. She jumped, but the AERIAL ACE clipped her lower body, sending her higher into the air.

Shit. This thing needed to be subdued. Fast. Before it could do real damage.

"Hypnosis!" Gabrielle shifted in midair and aimed her jeweled head at the GARCHOMP. From its center waves of hypnotic energy undulated forward, striking the shark square in the back.
PERSIAN is hit by AERIAL ACE
PERSIAN used HYPNOSIS

TOTAL: 150 MP
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 20:46:19 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

One minute, the dragon and ground type was rushing forward to aerial ace her opponent. She kept her eyes on the feline, moving is swiftly execute the solid blow. The Persian attempted to dodge, Astesa managing to clip the feline as it jumped out of the way. Her opponent moved much faster than both she and Maverick anticipated, a grumble resinated in her chest while man let out a grunt.

But before the dragon could even turn around to face her foe, the feline’s master shouted an order. Maverick recognized the attack, cursing under his breath. His mind shouted to call to his dragon to prepare her for the sudden sleepiness, but his mouth didn’t move fast enough. The waves smacked the garchomp in the back, soon penetrating her mind and casting sudden drowsiness over her. She stumbled forward, turning around only to succumb to the hypnosis thrown her way.

The creature fell belly first onto the ground, a heavy thud and loose dirt plumbed out from where she landed. And when the dust settled, a sleeping dragon was wha was left. “Shit,” the man cured out loud this time, grinding his teeth for a moment before shouting at the dragon, “Get up Aster. This is not the time for a nap. Quick, wake up!” But it was no use, the dragon was out cold for the time being.

for at my pyre doing paaa:mt pyre. quick reply! astraea was hit and now sleeping.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 1:22:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Behind his mask, Barnaby's lips curled into a triumphant smile. This was the opportunity needed to neutralize the substantial threat a Pokémon like GARCHOMP posed.

He whistled - short and sharp.

Gabrielle responded immediately. Countless amounts of training showed in the way the PERSIAN bolted forward without hesitation, in how she leapt upon the unconscious shark like the true predator she was. Jaws parted and teeth met the tender flesh around the GARCHOMP's throat. She held it there, mouth clamped shut to block the airway, while slit pupils made contact with the scarred man across the field.

She held his gaze until the life faded from his own Pokemon's eyes.

As the GARCHOMP shuddered it's last breath, the fog surrounding them suddenly thickened, quickly barring any comprehensible sight. Barnaby whistled once again - this time long and low. Again, Gabrielle reacted without question, releasing the corpse from her grip.

As soon as the cat heeled to him Barnaby used the fog to make his escape.
PERSIAN killed GARCHOMP
• Barnaby makes his escape in the fog

+ 100 MP for completing a battle
+ 200 MP for tying a battle
TOTAL: 460 MP

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 1:44:32 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick’s heart skipped a beat, eyes widened when his attempts to wake up his beast proved wasteful. The garchomp chest rose and fell, clearly out cold. The man reached into his pocket, ready to call the beast off and grab another pokemon. However as he reached for her ball, the masked man whistled a tone. Crimson colored orbs fell upon the mask man, swiftly shifted to the feline as it lunged for his creature.

“Shit,” the man cursed again, fumbling to find her pokeball, “Come on you bitch where is the ball.” The man glanced up, meeting the murderous eyes of the feline. He glared back, only to see his creature begin to flail from the lack of oxygen. He cursed again, frantically searching for the ball down. And finally, he found it. But, it was too late.

Crimson gaze lifted to see the cat has left his dragon and ground type alone, moving to disappear into the fog. He cursed, finding the rocket member in the fog was going to prove difficult with Azula out. Moving to his beast, he noticed the heavy sleep breath had stopped. There was so much blood. It was at the moment, the truth came to him. Why the Masked man left.

Maverick hung his head in shame, kneeling down next to the lifeless body. It happened again. Another one of his pokemon had died because he was too careless. What a waste? What a disgrace? How will he ever justify this? The burnt scarred man let out a heavy heartfelt sigh. The man put his forehead onto the creatures head, softly he whispered “I’m sorry.”

for at my pyre doing paaa:mt pyre. quick reply! garchomp is dead. thank you for rping with me! i appreciate it!

200 MP for pokemon death
200 MP for tying a battle
570 MP EARNED

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hellfire [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 21:24:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: