MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 5:11:00 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shades, DRIP, mask and hair make it hard to discern identity
Your fault.

The councilwoman is at knifepoint with a a switchblade at the ready. Success had him smirking, and it seemed every bit of chaos on the field had given him the cover needed to press the steel advantage. He could do it, he could right now. But he wasn't killing this woman.

It takes everything not to look at the rainbow hellscape nearby. His face matted now in sweat, as he keeps his arm steady. He couldn't feel it if Penelope attempted to pull away; he couldn't feel his right arm period, but he could still move it. His left ear was bleeding profusely on his jacket, but he could still hear from it. But he isn't breathing. Because the hell he looks at for a moment was his fault.

Your fault.

Bongo takes the Freeze Dry like a champ to ensure eyes are on him, the chimp feeling that frosty feeling of winter early. Even so, as he takes the moment, closes the distance, and attempts the world's heaviest baseball SLAM with a stick, intend to slap the mime so hard that it goes for meters on end. Pulse, on the other hand, does something far more devious. The little Rotom-phone begins to DOUBLE TEAM to keep itself from being hit so easily, as both Pokemon get closer to Ash, while attempting to stay in cover for their Trainer. No more Bullets. No more Plutos.

No more Kiryus.

"Name." He hatefully demands. Pissed is the only feeling he allows himself to feel. So many missions in Rocket, he hadn't felt this since the candy shop. No, that wasn't right. He hadn't been like this since Jubilee. The cold-hearted killer reawakens, silver eyes empty. "Don't test my patience right now. Both you and your associate's names. Now." His silver eyes remain hidden behind his black bangs.

Your fault.

Ash is much louder as he calls out towards the sniper. "You both will return all of your Pokemon to their Pokeballs. You, Sniper, will drop your rifle. Throw it down the mountain. If you do that... I won't cut her throat open." He sounds almost hopeful for a moment that he won't have to kill her. But he can't let them know that, he can't let them see weakness. If he shows it, their position is done for. Besides... if the sniper had no sympathy to kill Pokemon, it was a gamble. "Do that... and I promise you won't get hurt."

The key of hostage situations was making sure the hostage thought there was a way out. The hostage would then chase it with everything they had, and would turn the negotiations towards favor of the one making the demands.

Your fault.

Time to see if the sniper was a stupid fuck or not. And this lady, for that matter.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

tl;dr:
bongo (thwackey) slams the shit out of mr. rime
pulse (rotom) is double-teamin it, baybee.
ash is distraught, but gives his demands coldly.
he wants names, all League Pokemon back in their balls
he wants paxton's rifle GONE.
he's promising freedom to penny if she complies.
doesnt want her to die

MP:
bullet dies (+200 MP)
pluto dies (+200 MP)
+10(4) for posts
Total: 440pts

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 3:22:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Heat swelled in her heart as anxiety clawed at her throat, turning it red and raw. A muffled buzz split her ears and melted her vision to a blur.
[break][break]
"Penelope...Livy," She grunted, barely able to struggle beneath the sliver blade. "And Landon...Cassidy."
[break][break]
No identity was worth risking her own life, however, she knew well enough that her captor would have no idea of the validity of her response. Not to mention the fact that she's a goddamn good liar.
[break][break]
Ampharos continued to send another barrage of THUNDER to and his party, while Alakazam turned to assist Penny. But where things stood, only so much could be done.
[break][break]
"If you want to get him to drop his rifle, you're going to have to let me...the fuck...go."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
- ampharos is using THUNDER [break]
-alakazam says gabagoul

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 4:10:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]With a blade put to Penny's throat, none of her team had the guts to intervene. Alakazam simply stood at the ready, waiting to do something if the opportunity arose, while Ampharos continued blasting Thunder at Isaac and Toto. It was a far stronger attack than a Thunderbolt, but it had a lot more windup to it. Toto was able to quickly pull down behind cover, allowing the worst of the attack to be soaked up by the gravestones they hid behind.[break][break]

By the time the dust settled, there were no gravestones left in that cluster. Isaac and Toto were completely exposed. When there was a sniper and a mega-charged Ampharos on the battlefield, this was what is known as a Very Bad Idea. Immediately, Toto grabbed hold of Isaac, pressing him against his chest and beelining for the next set of gravestones. He flung another Aura Sphere on the run, aiming it right towards the target of his last attack.[break][break]

He wasn't the only one on the onslaught. As the Ampharos fired off a Thunder, Duster saw his chance to strike. The Marowak swirled the bone in his hand, as if preparing to whip up another Blizzard. However, his transformation had a strange impact on the move. Instead of swirling snows surrounding Marowak, the ends of his bone erupted into an eerie blue flame. With each swirl of his bone, the fire grew larger and larger, brighter and brighter, until soon Duster seemed to be surrounded in a wreath of flame.[break][break]

Being so close to Duster, Penny might notice that there was no heat to these flames. Instead, they seemed to sap warmth from anything nearby.[break][break]

Once he had built his flames to their maximum intensity, Duster pointed his bone right towards Ampharos. The flames erupted from the tip, threatening an explosive clash between a Mega and a Z-Move.[break][break]

BONE-CHILLING BALEFIRE[break]
ICE-TYPE[break]
If the target is weak to fire or resists ice, treat this move as fire instead. Along with damage, the target is also burned (if ice damage) or frostbitten (if fire damage).[break][break]

Perhaps in most cases, all of this excitement would give Ashley exactly what he wanted. There was a knife to the councilwoman's throat and an explosive clash of powerful Pokemon right by her side. If there was any time to be making demands, now would be it. Yet a new challenger had entered the battlefield, and she had no interest in such diplomacy.[break][break]

She had fled from her trainer's side once before, seeking atonement through a silent vigil on Mt. Pyre. Then she felt the unmistakable signature of his presence, and she had no idea whether she wanted to run to his side or flee far, far away. It was the twist of his aura into grief and anguish that helped her finally make up her mind; she was going to return, but not before hunting down the cause of his pain and putting an end to it.[break][break]

One minute, there were no signs of life. The next, Isaac's wayward Lucario, Knuckles, would be standing before Paxton. By the time she was even visible, she would be lunging to drive a fist right into his gut. With her Extreme Speed, her arrival would be faster than the blink of an eye, allowing her to blur right past the watchful Octillery sentinel.[break][break]

There was a gun in the man's hands. The same gun that had echoed across the mountain when Isaac's aura was stained black and blue. Yes. This was the one. The second she noticed the gun, Knuckles would reach out to grab it, aura sparking around her hands as she grabbed the barrel and began to bend. Whether she snapped it in half or simply twisted it into unrecognizability, her goal was clear; she wanted to render this sniper rifle useless.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Toto (Blastoise) takes cover. The Thunder effectively misses, but the cover is demolished in the process.[break]
He grabs Isaac and runs for more cover, throwing another Aura Sphere at Hopper (Porygon) in the process.[break]
Duster (Alolan Marowak) uses his Z-Move, Bone-Chilling Balefire, to try and overwhelm Ampharos.[break]
Knuckles (Lucario) officially rejoins the battle, driving an Extreme Speed powered fist in Paxton's gut.[break]
After doing so, she tries to grab for the sniper rifle and ruin the shit out of its barrel.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 4:54:18 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He can hear yelling even at this distance, his voice echoing through the cliffs while the fog did it's best to suppress the sound. "Fuck-" He needed to get to quickly, and then high tail it out of there. But before he can order Hopper, whatever had thrown those attacks was on them again. Hopper leapt action, barreling towards one AURA SPHERE, shimmering brilliantly with TRI ATTACK as it shoots out to intercept. The moved is so sudden, they don't know if the sphere careens back or not. [break][break]

Paxton's face to face not with a trainer, but a pokemon. He recognized the species, having one at home he pampered a little due to its dog like features. But now, he just felt a burst of adrenaline as his heart stopped before pumping into high gear. Streentrup is taken by surprise and the SOAK misses. She whirled around ready to fight, but the Lucario's paws are already on the gun. [break][break]

He doesn't try to pull the trigger dropping the rifle once the pokemon takes it. But his eyes are wide and alert as his hand reaches to his side to yank the blade out of it's holster. In one swift move before he's slashed upwards and pushing back at Knuckles, trying to carve at the steel type's face. He yanked the buttstock of whatever's left of his rifle, while backing off. [break][break]

His Porygon beeped in concern and Paxton kept pushing back, trying to gain distance between himself and the pokemon. He's running low on options. Streentrup is returned. He needed her down with the hostage situation. Instead he swaps her out with Conibear, the Mawile. The flash of light released a tiny pokemon that SLAMMED into the rock as IRON DEFENSE kicked in. The carnivorous additional head roared showing rows and rows of teeth as INTIMIDATE kicked in. "Hopper," he ordered holding up his Octillery's pokeball. "Get her down there and fix this mess! I can hold out while you do this for me." he ordered, entrusting his pokemon with another and watching as zip zapped away from the fight on the top. Hopper appears in No Man's Land, pokeball in tow and an Octillery appearing in the mix of mixed and electrically charged terrain. She knows her target and lunges to WRAP in her grasp.

[break][break]

+ | AYO [break][break]
- Joules the Magnezone drops ELECTRIC TERRAIN (4/5) [break]
- Hopper the Porygon used TRI ATTACK [break]
- Paxton is down one sniper rifle, tries to salvage what he can [break]
- Tries to cut at Knuckles' eyes/face as he backs off [break]
- swaps Streentrup the Octillery for Conibear the Mawile [break]
- Conibear the Mawile uses IRON DEFENSE [break]
- Conibear the Mawile's INTIMIDATE activates against Knuckles, squares up [break]
- Hopper the Porygon moves Streentrup the Octillery down [break]
- Streentrup the Octillery preps a WRAP against Ashley next turn. [break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 5:27:04 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Penelope Livy and Landon Cassidy. Okay, those were the names. That gave him some level of thought to go on, but Penny's little ultimatum had Ashley not in any fucking mood. "How stupid do you think I am? Moment I pull this blade from your neck, your associate shoots me dead. Or that Alakazam there." He snarls at Penelope, anger laced behind each word. He isn't thinking straight. But he takes a breath.

His ears pick up the sound of something from behind, and as Ashley almost yelps, the save is made by both Bongo and Pulse, Bongo stepping between and slapping the octopus like a hot potato with a WOOD HAMMER to discombobulate them, while Pulse stood at the ready against the Alakazam. This was getting precarious.

Your fault.

Ashley considers his options.

"Penelope, right?" He starts, still holding fast his arm around her. Poison and venom is in every word. "Your sniper is a really good shot. I'm not dead, so something must be going on up there. That's probably why there's a Pokemon down here who just tried to get me in my blind spot. Right now, I have leverage. I'm going to let you go, but before I do, that Alakazam goes back in its ball. NOW. You will run for the hills. After the shit your sniper has done, I think that's civil enough compared to a slit throat, left to bleed out like a League pig. Don't you? Course we can both die."

Unhinged, he whispers. "Between you and me though, I'm not afraid to die. I have nothing to lose. But you? You stand to lose everything."

It's all he can do to hold himself steady with a lie spat out like venom. Was Isaac okay? He doesn't know. All he can do is hope that's why he isn't dead right now.

Your fault.

"Sniper. Or should I say Landon Cassidy-" he believes the lie, but he tightens his grip, the knife with enough pressure to keep Penny from doing something stupid. He still has leverage "-retreat. Or Penelope dies. Your choice, but I think you're out of options. So RUN."

It's a bluff. But as far as he's concerned, he has the power to make that call. Because if he leaves AND Penny returns the Alakazam? Ashley will let Penny go. All of this was because he was out of position and made stupid choices. The least he can do is force a victory now before it gets worse.

You let her die. You killed her.

"What's it gonna be, Penelope Livy?" He says her name without a single shred of affection, the blade readying itself. She had hands. She better get to using them.

tl;dr:
ashley banters with penny
bongo (thwackey) slaps streestrup (octilerry) with wood hammer to bat it away from ashley
pulse (rotom) readies for the alakazam; a stand off.
ashley gives his ultimatum;
return alakazam, and the sniper retreat, she gets to go free.
a little unhinged.

MP:
bullet dies (+200 MP)
pluto dies (+200 MP)
+10 for KO on Mr. Rime
+10(5) for posts
Total: 460pts

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 2:44:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fuck rocket. Fuck these stuck up anarchist who believe they're doing the right thing. Fuck this guy on his little power trip, thinking hes the one with the power.
[Break][break]
Stified frustrated bit into the fear that boiled throughout her body, pricking the inside of her skin. More than anything else, this whole situation, from start to finish, had done nothing but contribute to one feeling. The same nagging feeling she had complained to about after cyber chase, the same nagging feeling had trudged up and shoved in her face, and the same nagging feeling that created a pit in her stomach whenever she came face to face with anyone on any battle field: powerlessness. Hopelessness.
[Break][break]
Gnawing the insides of her cheeks, the councilwoman took a second to pause, to recollect the shattered pieces of her sanity, before shallowing down the last bits of her pride and airing out a long, shakey sigh.
[Break][break]
"Alakazam, stand down."
[Break][break]
Almost seconds later, an arc of crimson erupted from her side pocket, returning the pokemon to it's ball. Ampharos would follow, as the swell of attacks was just enough to keep it distracted from the other's retreat into safety.
[Break][break]
"No-Now let me go. Now."
[Break][break]
Forced bravery pushed out the words as she eventually found herself detanging from him, one way or another. Whether it be through easy or rough means, the ending would be the same; she would dust off herself, look toward the opening up toward the primal point, then turn back, offering one last backwards glance.
[Break][break]
"I hope you come to your senses one day."
[Break][break]
Fear still coarsed through her veins, keeping her knees weak and her voice unsteady. But she pressed on nonetheless.
[Break][break]
"And realize how little they care for you, and how much your life is truly worth."
[Break][break]
From there, she kicked into a wobbly sprint up the mountain side, far way from the grunts, and far away from .
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 5:01:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The slice on Knuckles' face sent boiling blood shooting right into her eyes. But it didn't matter that she couldn't see. It didn't matter that the sniper had sent out a Pokemon to try and Intimidate her away. What mattered was that she could feel his craven aura, and she was going to make him suffer the same fate his gun had endured.[break][break]

It turned out that a hardened, trained operative and a blinded, weakened berserker were actually a fairly even match for one another. Tense knifepoint diplomacy below the ridge was backdropped by the savage brawl between man and beast above. It was little more than violent spectacle; brutal opportunists seeking any opportunity they could to hurt each other.[break][break]

Everyone had their role on the battlefield but Isaac. Life Dew eased the wounds on his body, but nothing could ease the hole in his soul. Since Kiryu had fallen, he had become little more than a ragdoll, being dragged from point A to point B by his own Pokemon. Ash was making moves, ranting and raving words that Isaac could no longer understand. His team was fighting their hearts out, triangulating every corner of the battlefield, protecting their allies, and devastating their enemies.[break][break]

But Isaac? He was just a shell-shocked remnant of a war two sizes too big for him.[break][break]

He didn't know that the sniper had been defanged, his Pokemon still a threat but his truest strength rendered a broken mess at the hands of his own wayward Pokemon. He didn't know that the councilwoman's resolve started to waver, recalling her Pokemon one by one in the face of overwhelming force and a blade at her throat. He didn't know that, through a combination of gutsy moves, relentless pressure, and sheer happenstance, they had won the day.[break][break]

All Isaac knew was that Kiryu had fallen, and with it so had his heart.[break][break]

Duster shot Ash a curt nod of understanding, and then returned to Isaac's side. Knuckles, feeling the change in auras, rushed to follow. She thrust a last, furious Meteor Mash towards the sniper, his Mawile, and whatever other craven tricks he threw in her way, and then dashed down the ridge to follow Duster's lead. Toto, relieved by their presence, allowed fatigue to take him and collapsed upon the grass.[break][break]

Isaac could barely regard them, even as Duster's eyes met his own and Knuckles rushed under his shoulder to brace him. "Duster . . . you're back?" he asked, voice hazy and dreamlike. "Knuckles . . . is . . . is that really you?"[break][break]

From his wobbly stance to his glazed over eyes to his hollow voice, Knuckles could tell that her trainer wasn't well. Her fist clenched hard enough for aura to spill between the gaps. Her teeth clenched into a furious snarl. Part of her wanted to hunt that sniper to the ends of the earth and break him over her knee. Another part of her wanted to do anything in her power to ensure that Isaac was okay.[break][break]

And to that, they needed to get out of here. They were worn down and wounded. They had made powerful enemies. And they were in no condition to see what their foes would do once they rallied. Not while Isaac was like this. Knuckles took the Pokeballs from Isaac's belt, recalling a slightly peeved Duster and an all-but-spent Toto. And then she grabbed his wrist and ran for the wind.[break][break]

"Huh?" The sudden jolt shook Isaac from his reverie. He looked towards Ash, fading further from him moment by moment. "Did . . . did we . . . h-hey! Knuckles, wait! Knuckles, I have to-!" There was no dissuading her. The Lucario shifted gears into Extreme Speed, prepared to drag Isaac halfway across the mountain if that was what it took to keep him safe. "I-I'll come for you! I promise! I-!"[break][break]

Any remaining words were lost along the breeze.[break][break]

Isaac hadn't been able to hear the councilwoman's parting words through the fog in his head, but he could feel them. As he and Knuckles fled for safety, he turned them over and over and over in his head. Did Rocket care little for him? Perhaps. But the League showed how much they cared when they answered in sniper fire. No amount of honeyed words from a desperate, fearful politician could change what their actions had shown.[break][break]

The next person to encounter Isaac would be his enemy. And if that meant throwing away his life? Oh well. Not like it had much value to begin with.[break][break]

Not without her.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Joining Penny in retreat / thread exiting.[break]
Though Knuckles sneaks a final salty punch in first.[break]
Isaac is not having a good day in the slightest.[break]
Dramatic ironies for the thread with Annalise? Check![break]

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 1:24:17 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Streentrup is deflect back but managed to land just fine after a couple of rolls on the ground With the element of surprise ruined, she stood poised to do a take down of Bongo while Hopper hovered frantically nearby, eyes going back and forth between Ashley and Paxton's position up on the cliffs. It's tense, but eventually decided she's done. The Octillery's tentacles coiled ready to pounce as the Alakazam disappeared but then, the redhead gained distance allowed to run away. Hopper waited, watching the other Rocket and waiting to bring back Streentrup back in her ball. [break][break]

While a sharpened blade makes contact and spews hot blood all over his front, a furry fist connects with his face just as he's done with the follow through of the strike. It damn near stunned him, stumbling backwards, nearly falling. Coniebear made sure to step in front of him, eyeing the Lucario and ready to snap at them. Its at this time when Paxton hears , turning his attention downwards and cursing their failed attack. There's a slight moment of confusion at the name before realizing his superior probably lied for him. "Landon Cassidy." he repeated, memorizing the new identity. It'd probably come in handy later. He watched the poor woman waiting for the backstab that didn't come. They should move out too. [break][break]

Conibear snapped, finally moving in for a CRUNCH attack with her second heads before Knuckles moved out of the way. She cried out at the METEOR MASH, Paxton just barely looking up as he got ready to run from the onslaught. Just as he takes his first step, with Conibear ready to smash her way through with IRON HEAD, Hopper appeared, orbiting one pokeball around themselves with PSYCHIC before TELEPORTING the pair to another location to regroup for the Primal Point.

[break][break]

+ | AYO [break][break]
- Joules the Magnezone drops ELECTRIC TERRAIN (5/5) [break]
- Paxotn gets punched by Knuckles in the face [break]
- Conibear is ready to CRUNCH [break]
- Hopper grabs Streentrup and TELEPORTS back to Paxton [break]
- Hopper grabs everyone and TELEPORTS outta there. [break]
[break][break]

60 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread. [break]
40 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon. [break]
100 MP for completing a battle. [break]
50 MP for participation in a battle. [break]
300 MP for losing a battle. [break]
20 MP for knocking out another character and/or their Pokemon. [break]
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out. [break][break]

total: 620

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 1:36:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It was like that. The moment Alakazam was gone, Ashley lowered his arms. The blade is gone from her neck, and his arms fall limply to his side. Yes, he was arrogant. Yes, he was on a small power trip, but the moment she obeys, he folds.

One day, he can come to his senses? His blood boils. Did she not just watch his Starly and Lunatone die? Was she delusional? This war was their fault. And it goes further back than that. Every child who falls through the cracks, who suffers on the streets. The League should be there for the people, but the League is just as poisonous. And she stands here, preaching how little Rocket cared for him and how much his life was worth? Funny. Comedy. Utterly naive.

Ash knows his worth. It's the League doing that he understands. "Keep your shit advice to yourself."

A flawed foster care system, a flawed life. A flawed League. His silver eyes are glazed as he feels that pain swirling around him, taking his breath away as he turns his head to the side. The blood trickles down his left ear, and his arm feels nothing as she sprints away. He stares into the mist. The Pokemon around him? Also in the mist. Everyone is gone... save Bongo and Pulse.

Somewhere, he hears Isaac's voice. He thinks he does, anyways. He feels the sheer agony. All he can see is the shadow of Ash fading out of view as he remains the last one here on the field.

How bittersweet this victory was. Three dead and gone. Three... dead and...

The emotions finally catch up to him. Ash collapses to his knees. His body convulses, shaking viscerally with the need for it to be let out. When did he start crying? He doesn't know, but as he grabs the grass, he lets it out. A roar, a scream, a cry for help, as he forces it out, shredding his vocal chords as agony takes him. His cries are loud enough, that as he grabs at the ground, all he can do is try to breathe for another second. He rips at the grass by his grasp. He hopes it rips more. He hopes another sniper's shot is waiting for him. It never comes.

Why should he even cry? Does he even have the right to feel remorse?

With the switchblade still in his hand, he eyes a gravestone nearest to him. Crawling towards the gravestone, he lays his back upon it, eyes up towards the sky. His silvers see nothing ahead for him. All he was left with was that swirl of negative emotion surrounding him. He thinks he sees Kepler for just a moment. But that vision fades. His cries quiet a moment, and he faces all of it.

you loved them and you killed them

Alone.

tl;dr:
ashley succeeds and forces a victory
at what cost
lets penny go and curses her advice.
mental breakdown begins. yikes.
this can't end well.

MP:
bullet dies (+200 MP)
pluto dies (+200 MP)
completion (+100 MP)
victory! (+150 MP)
participation! (+50 MP)
+10 for KO on Mr. Rime
+10(5) for posts
Total: 760pts

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
MAYDAY MAYDAY (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 3:40:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: