Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 21:37:35 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

What is the point?

Gwyar vs

"You don't look like you want to be here, young man." The large man said as he sauntered up the stairs of Mt. Pyre, eyes razor sharp on Adrian's own as he made his way back towards the top.

He had been given a mission and he would see it through. He had his own pride as a professional. Having parted ways with @oliver after their brief bout with the Rocket Boss, , the man had leisurely made his way back to the top, finding that the stairs were strangely clear while everyone else was fighting each other.

Everyone else save this young man.

"If you want to leave, I'll not stop you." He said, recognizing just who he was looking at. Boldly, he had foregone any attempts at masking himself.

Such a multi talented, successful lad; he truly couldn't comprehend how some folk became rocket at times.

"By the way... How's Pancham doing, Mr. Adrian?"

tl;dr:
-Just walking up the stairs towards Adrian.

MP TOTAL
1x 50 participating in a battle
1x 10 posting in a battle

Total = 60MP

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 22:23:45 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
fuck the devil for your wealth

[attr=class,bulk][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/1037488970084384849/XXXTENTACION_-_KING_OF_THE_DEAD_INSTRUMENTAL.mp3[/player][break]"Don't remember asking." But it was true enough, though it was attributed to the raging fireball hurtling towards them, not the matters they concerned themselves with now. It was just any other day in Hoenn, aside from that.[break][break]

"If I wanted to leave, I would have." This mountain belonged to him more than any other, one could argue. He would keep his vigil so long as it suited him, and abandon it only when he saw fit. It wasn't some agenda or coercion keeping him here.[break][break]

Still, he couldn't blame one for assuming as much.[break][break]

Adrian doesn't bother mentioning Pancham's wellbeing; truth be told, he can't remember entirely how they met to begin with. The Hoenn Star Tournament, maybe? It's all hazy when you consider the plethora of faces, the names he's been forced to acquaint with. Adrian certainly isn't too harsh on himself about forgetting.[break][break]

"I would worry about the more immediate situation." Thrown away from the grave, Adrian is separated from his Runerigus. As such he brandishes a pokeball containing Rover, releasing the Vileplume in a flash of crimson before him.[break][break]

"Though if I'm keeping up appearances, perhaps I should extend the same courtesy. I wouldn't stop you from turning tail either," he spits back at Gwyar with feigned magnanimous countenance, perhaps even provoking him.[break][break]

[break]

tags [break][break]
notes notes
[attr=class,bottom-text]
PER ASPERA AD ASTRA

MT. PYRE SUMMIT

[attr=class,yveltalcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.yveltal .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .accentborder, .yveltal .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .accenttext, .yveltal .bulk b, .yveltal .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/6tRjnG.gif');[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1, .yveltal .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1 div, .yveltal .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 12px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 23px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.yveltal .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltalcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltalcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 23:21:42 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

What is the point?

Gwyar vs

"Does that mean Raki's not playing with his friend again?" The blonde 'asked' with a chuckle, his march undeterred. "Alright, alright. If you're certain those space rocks are worth risking millions of lives for, I suppose I should honor your commitment to the rocket cause with my best."

When it came to undermining one's own marketing, Team rocket remained unbeatable.

"I've lost my favorite watch, my coat was burnt to a crisp and now, My daughter's favorite boy band is being disbanded— " The man rolled his eyes as his arm snapped straight, a shrunken Luxury Ball slipping out of his sleeve and growing to full size in his palm. "Today's just full of disappointments."

A blue Gallade took to the scene, eyes gleaming with focus as he took his opponent— and snorted at the sight, tilting his head.

A child and a weed? Rocket was really scrapping the bottom of barrel here, huh?

"But— I appreciate the courtesy, if nothing else."

-well, peace was never an option.
-Gallade used Taunt on Vileplum (And Adrian)

MP TOTAL
2x 10 posting in a battle

Total = 70MP

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 1:11:48 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/1037488970084384849/XXXTENTACION_-_KING_OF_THE_DEAD_INSTRUMENTAL.mp3[/player][break]Perhaps it was the P-1 Grand Prix they were remembering. Still, he made no comment.[break][break]

"You seem confident it's only Rocket up there." It'd be somewhat naive to think the League wasn't also postponing the meteor's relocation based on their own extraplanetary activities. What those 'rocks' were worth, to anyone, remained to be determined. But both factions were vying for their own samples, in their own ways, and he doubted the League was anymore innocent in their methods than Rocket. He'd experienced their brand of 'safekeeping' firsthand. It would be no different now.[break][break]

"..." Adrian couldn't be bothered about such things; they were nothing compared to the reckoning staring them down. Acting in such a way to diminish the enormity of it all... truly seemed irrational, though perhaps more than anything, it was frustrating.[break][break]

Conjuring a Gallade, they make their first move. Something he could respond to.[break][break]

"Rover, use it..." He spoke of course of the strange move learned from the Tiered Tea Rooms by those select few. What at first has the semblance of a petal dance quickly reveals itself to be a ritual to unleash a torrent of fae magicks upon their foe.[break][break]

[break]

tags [break][break]
notes vileplume uses springtide storm
[attr=class,bottom-text]
PER ASPERA AD ASTRA

MT. PYRE SUMMIT

template by punki

[newclass=.yveltal .accentborder, .yveltal .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .accenttext, .yveltal .bulk b, .yveltal .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/6tRjnG.gif');[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1, .yveltal .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .lyric1 div, .yveltal .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 12px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 23px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltal .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yveltalcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 2:23:12 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

What is the point?

Gwyar vs

"Do I? My apologies, my biases must be showing." The man said with a hearty laugh as the winds picked up atop Mt. Pyre, whipped up by the Vileplum's bizarre powers.

Gwyar had been to the Tiered Tea Room's himself however— he wasn't completely ignorant.

But Gwyar wasn't the one fighting, Gawain was— and he seemed to want no part of that storm.

The Gallade moved sharply, blurring out of sight as he darted from row to row of slabs and stones, letting them take on the damage for him as he disappeared behind the rock, dust and debris.

"It's been a while since I've spoken to an eloquent rocket, so please indulge me in a little philosophical exercise, Mr. Malcolm!" Gwyar's voice rose over the cacophony of the pokemon battle, patronizing, the nearest dust clearing to reveal that unlike his pokemon, he refused to move an inch. "Tell me— What does a world under rocket's government look like?"

What exactly was team rocket promising their loyal grunts— promising the doubtful people of Hoenn?

- Gallade is dodging into some tombs and rocks.
-Gwyar's prodding at Adrian's politics.

MP TOTAL
3x 10 posting in a battle

Total = 80MP

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 17:38:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/1037488970084384849/XXXTENTACION_-_KING_OF_THE_DEAD_INSTRUMENTAL.mp3[/player][break]Rover was nothing if not an intuitive battler; while the Gallade would assuredly manage to evade such a telegraphed attack, they were just now fighting on a bed of tough grasses, hardy weeds able to survive in the high altitude and clime of Mt. Pyre with ease. It only took but a moment for trainer and pokemon to sync up.[break][break]

"Bring it down." Changing as sudden as a breeze, a roiling mass of grass teemed with unnatural life around the Gallade's footing, seeking to impede its continued movement with a well timed GRASS KNOT as it relied on its poise and footing to nimbly navigate the graveyard terrain cluttered with headstones and memorials.[break][break]

"Don't confuse me with some fanatic," Adrian began with a hint of annoyance. Clearly he had his reasons, though they mustn't have been entirely politically motivated for him to speak of their rank and file with such disdain.[break][break]

"You might call it a necessary evil." Perhaps things could have been different, but he'd already shaken one particular devil's hand. And if he considered it closely, what should seem more abhorrent to him...[break][break]

That he should expect the League to make exception of him under any consideration, and by extension Yveltal's work—all in order to coalesce power within their government—or that Team Rocket should take no issue, which would be no stranger than the established status quo? In the end, the choice had been made for him.[break][break]

RATHER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW THAN THE ANGEL YOU DON'T[break][break]

tags [break][break]
notes vileplume uses grass knot
[attr=class,bottom-text]
PER ASPERA AD ASTRA

MT. PYRE SUMMIT

template by punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 18:51:01 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

What is the point?

Gwyar vs

"Oh, you are not?" Gwyar 'asked' politely, smiling. "Apologies! There's a meteor flying towards us; Makes it a little hard for me to spot the nuances in all of this."

His smile fell, the man's eyes staring at the youth.

"The entire region could become a barren crater— a mass grave. A necessary evil, you say?" He said. "What drivel."

He began to march forward.

"You're not being better than the 'fanatics', Mr. Malcolm. They at least believe in what they're doing. Imbeciles, all of them, but they believe it'll lead to something better." He said as he climbed the stairs. "You know it won't. You know this is putting everything at risk; and yet here you are—"

"The good man, doing nothing."

The Gallade's elbows extended sharply as it short hopped off the floor into a side flip, psychic energy flashing around it in a circle to shave off the weeds trying to hold it in place. As it did, it landed atop one of the tombstones, crouched low while facing towards the Vileplum.

-Gwyar's prods at Adrian's logic.
-Gallade fends off the Vileplum's grass knot, perches atop a tombstone.

MP TOTAL
4x 10 posting in a battle

Total = 90MP

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 23:09:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/1037488970084384849/XXXTENTACION_-_KING_OF_THE_DEAD_INSTRUMENTAL.mp3[/player][break]"It might anyway." He remained ever the cynic, but truth be told, he had never willed it to come to this. The gravity of the situation was not lost on him. He was only caught in their crosshairs because this place had sentimental value. If these were to be his final moments, and they may ultimately be just that, then this mountain is where he belonged. If the League saw that as an affront, then so be it. Their overzealous nature was to blame, then, which was something he'd grown accustomed to.[break][break]

But that did little to comfort him, knowing full well the risks Rocket's gamble took.[break][break]

"You flatter me." It was truly comforting to hear those two words, even if the former half of their sentiment expressed his willful inaction even under dire circumstance.[break][break]

"I know that what will be, will be." Rocket, and even the League, would have their way. In the end, he really only came to this mountain with hopes of preserving it—what parts of it mattered. If they were whiling away the final moments of their doomed orbit, then so be it, but if there was a chance they would emerge from this—and there was—they would do well to arm themselves with the same knowledge and resources as the League. This much he could admit, as unscrupulous as it was...[break][break]

But he wasn't ignorant to the stream of moral compromises he was being forced into.[break][break]

"I have an obligation to them, and I don't compromise on my word." On the rare ocassion their agendas aligned, their could be considered a symbiotic relationship. But otherwise he and Rocket shared a mutually parasitic relationship, no one relying on the other exclusively. Still, this had its limits in whether they acted in good faith...[break][break]

"Now... I assume you're taking up my earlier offer?" Adrian watched passively as they began climbing the stairs, though at this point he would fear deception; eyes like a shinigami saturate his otherwise unremarkable features. From a distance this would be less obvious. Perhaps they would simply take their leave, but if not...[break][break]

He would be the first to know. Until such a point, Vileplume continued to aggress the Gallade using its previous approach, vines climbing the stonemasonry, developing sprouts and budding with flora waiting to blossom. All to keep up apperances.[break]

tags [break][break]
notes vileplume uses grass knot again
[attr=class,bottom-text]
PER ASPERA AD ASTRA

MT. PYRE SUMMIT

template by punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 23:25:59 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

What is the point?

Gwyar vs

A man of his word, eh? Truly sad to see him lost to that group.

Gwyar thought he saw something in those eyes; not just emotion, but something that sent chills down his spine and froze his core. But there was no time to think about it, about what it meant.

His children still awaited his return back home, and he had no intention of disappointing them.

"Indeed." His opponent didn't have any intention to fight, and he had no time to lose. "Gawain. We're moving."

The Gallade's eyes were aglow with magenta as it prepared to retaliate against the climbing flora yet again when his brother's voice cut through the air.

He met eyes with the Vileplume for another moment before bounding off back to Gwyar.

"I pray that Rocket, too, is keeping whatever it promised you in return, Mr. Malcolm." Gwyar said as he walked past the young man. "It is my honest belief that a man's word should not be worth more than his principles."

The knight was joined by his bounding Gallade a moment later, the pokemon looking at the young man in the eye before simply nodding and moving on.
MP TOTAL
5x 10 posting in a battle
1x 200 Draw in battle
1x 100 Finished the battle

Total = 400MP

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 20:03:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,yveltal]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/1037488970084384849/XXXTENTACION_-_KING_OF_THE_DEAD_INSTRUMENTAL.mp3[/player][break]His eyes remained fixated on Gallade and its trainer as they departed, and though he made no effort to impede them, he was confident that someone would. Only until he was certain they were gone, did Adrian lower his gaze to the Vileplume before him, and take those words into consideration...[break][break]

But it was more exhausting than the usual stoicism, and he found himself quickly shrugging them off and continuing ahead, back to the summit where he was wont to spend these fleeting moments...[break]

tags [break][break]
notes adrian takes what gwyar says into consideration
[attr=class,bottom-text]
PER ASPERA AD ASTRA

MT. PYRE SUMMIT

template by punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
What is the point? [MP]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 5:28:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: