Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 19:41:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A warm breezed washed over the quiet city of Lilycove. Typical of a lazy Monday morning. Slipping off from her staraptor, the councilwoman gave her loose braid one soft pat around, gauging it's messiness from the trip over, before shrugging off the few stray hairs she felt and moving toward the office doors.
[Break][break]
If there was one thing she missed about Lilycove, it was the architecture of it's building; they were always so clean and polished, unlike the withered structures she'd see in Evergrade. Maybe the league should consider a relocation? Or, at the very least, some refurbishments.
[Break][break]
With one push of the door, a small bell chimed, announcing her entrance before she ever had the chance to do so herself.
[Break][break]
"Morning," Penelope called out, to no one in particular. Raising up one of her arms, she showed off the white paper bag she held onto, it's bottom lightly damp. "I got you guys a treat on my way here. Hope y'all like empanadas."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 21:40:21 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Located on the working end of Lilycove docks amidst the bustled of the local fish market, within the ground floor of an old, brick warehouse, Nautica's office can be found.

Let's hope was not hoping for the pretty, Lilycovian beach aesthetic to find its way beyond the industrial door threshold and into the interior.

For instead she'd instead find a front desk filled with stacks of paperwork, built up like a dangerous tower game and in the corner a collection of mismatched seats. No doubt scavenged, along with the wooden pallets that make up a coffee table in the centre, from some thrift store or otherwise. 

At least there was some effort to have nautical and map related decorations on the wall.

At the sound of Penelope's entrance, Angelo emerges through a door that leads to the back, the bubbling of a kettle boiling leaking through the corridor. 

Morning.” He greets her with a familiar casualness.

Usually the office wasn't occupied, what with himself and Skyler often out on the field with scarcely a handful of patience for paperwork to share between them but the councilwoman's appearance had been expected. 

And it was a most welcome appearance. For she brings gifts.

Welcome aboard, Penelope. You're hired.” Stepping forward, Angelo pinches the corner of the empanadas bag to peek inside at the contents she holds out. Its scent combined with a light breakfast has him nod in approval, mixing effortlessly even still with the jest on his tongue. “And I hope you like paperwork.

A hand gestures towards a well used couch. “Coffee?

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 22:09:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It might have not been the pretty Lilycovian beach aesthetic she was used to, but the interior of the office space looked busy, and when starting a new business, that's all one could hope for. Business. It made the councilwoman's heart swell with light pride -- even if she wasn't involved in the making, and all the credit was respectively due to Angelo and his beautiful wife,
[break][break]
It was just something about two people starting something fresh and new that drew her lips into a wide grin.
[break][break]
"Glad to hear it," she beamed back, handing off the bag while her eyes traveled to the coach. Even here, far from her office, she couldn't escape the persistent clutches of legally binding paperwork, huh? "Oh, yeah, me and paperwork go way back."
[break][break]
She punctuated her tease with a soft chuckle before finally walking over, ready to give the stack a good look through. "But, yes, please. Coffee would be great."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 13:28:23 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Then I'll give you two a moment to talk. Would hate to interrupt,” he fires back with scarcely a beat spared. There's no need for stiff formalities here, conversation with had always flowed.

Perhaps it was in credit to the effortless silver tongues of rogues and reporters but Angelo enjoys the dance none the less. 

In exchange for the empanadas, he plucks a dossier that had been precariously sat on the top of a paperwork tower. In his messy handwriting on the red sleeve, her name.  

He leaves Penelope to peruse the results of her business request while he dips out into the back. 

When the pilot returns he has the empanadas out of the greasy bag, placing them on the coffee table along with two mugs and a freshly brewed moka pot. A recent - and rare - investment he'd made for himself. 

So, I was thinking,” he flops back onto the creaky, worn leather couch with a tired whoosh from the seats, ignoring its protest. “If any of 'em strike your fancy and you have the time, we can go for another fly. Check them out in person.

Angelo nods towards the dossier. 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 8:30:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She only barked out a short, painful laugh in return, not having the luxury to say more. Flopping down into the hands of the old, leather couch, she began her hunt through the leaning tower of paperwork, meticulous with her methods of skimming each sheet.
[break][break]
When Angelo returned, she would've already been completely engrossed by the pile, as noted by the furrow of her brows and the wrinkles on her forehead.
[break][break]
"Thank you." Without glancing over, she reached for one of the mugs and brought it straight to her lips. The murky liquid burned, but it was exactly the punch she needed.
[break][break]
At his suggestion, the ex-reporter's eyes flicked over, now lit with interest the paperwork certainly hadn't sparked. "Let's do it," she smiled, "I actually already see a few I'm interested in."
[break][break]
She shifted through the sheets in her hands and pulled out one to show to him.
[break][break]
"Tell me about this one."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 12:46:21 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
He smiles, satisfied to get exactly what he wanted to hear. “Great.

It's always great to have a client eager to venture out and experience that which had brought them to his doorstep in the first place. Just about as much as he is relieved he isn't obligated to spend the entirety of their discussion cramped in the office.

Even better that Penelope is eager to jump right into it.

Oh okay, this one's interesting.

Taking the sheets from the councilwoman's hand, Angelo muses over it while taking a sip of coffee.

What you've got here is an archipelago of small islands. On their own they aren't particularly large, probably only three of them are big enough to build on and the largest is around 1.2 square miles in length.” Blue eyes dance over the notes that he'd jotted down. “But they're all relatively close to one another. I'd say it's possible to build bridges to get around but you might be able to use a ferry or teleport between them, if you'd prefer the discreet method.

He holds the sheet out for Penelope to take back. “Geography is pretty flat. Forests and beach, mostly. It being an archipelago is honestly probably its defining feature but there's a lot you could play with there.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 21:42:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hm..."
[Break][break]
The woman gave it some thought. Idle fingers tapped her thigh and a variety of different blueprints were mulled over in the matter of seconds, all leading her to the same conclusion.
[Break][break]
"Unfortunately, I don't think that would work too well."
[Break][break]
Just imaging the little injuried pokemon hobbling from one connected island to the other sounded like a headache waiting to happen, not to mention having build beneath it all.
[Break][break]
"How about this one then?"
[Break][break]
Another piece is shown from the stack. She held it for a beat of a second before sending it back over his way, hand instinctively reaching down for her coffee mug right after.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 17:28:33 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo takes back the vetoed document and places it aside, unconcerned. “Plenty more where that came from.

And that there was. Hoenn was not left wanting for islands, archipelagos and holms. Plenty of habitats could be found splattered upon the stretch of blue, detached from the region's central landmass. Many more of which for him to find and the councilwoman to peruse. 

The question was whether knew what she wanted or if she was instead looking for a spark of inspiration.

He takes a quick sip of coffee, wetting his tongue with bitter elixir, before she passes him another. 

Next one is bigger, just over a couple of square miles long. Got a denser forest and hilly landscape. Only one accessible beach though but the payoff is the island is tall, highest cliffsides are around 100 feet, give or take.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 2:37:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Only one accessible beach.
[break][break]
Denser forest and hilly landscape.
[break][break]
The more she heard of the secluded island, the more her faint smile grew, interesting budding and blooming like an exotic flower, to which she aimed to preserve.
[break][break]
"Hmm sounds good to me,"
she noted, her eyes instantly betraying the forced stoicism of her tone. There was no evading the clear favoritism she held for the paper map. "But, is there any way I'd be able to see it in person? Just to, you know, check it out for myself?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 21:40:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Something had caught Penelope's interest. There's a sparkle in her eye, attention snagged on the paper that Angelo hands back to her to peruse.

Whether it was the accessibility of the island that had hooked her in or the hints of biome was to be determined yet but Angelo was pleased enough to pull a positive reaction on the second try. 

It's a free island, Penelope. Just say the word.” There's a curl to the edge of his lips, an adventurous dare that nudges the councilwoman to fly. “I can land on the beach, no problem and then we can take a walk around. See the sights.

An empanada finds its way into his mouth, golden pastry buttery and flaky. “What is it about that one you like the sound of? I'll find us some backups.

Was always smart to have a second or third choice, just in case. 

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 15:26:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The promise of adventure veered Penelope's interest out from her, manifesting into a striking glint in her already twinkling eyes. Leaning forward, she finished off the rest of her rustic cup of coffee. It's bitter tang prepared her throat for spiel that was ready to emerge.
[break][break]
"Let's do it then," she smiled. There was no holding her back from the chance of touring the skies with the pilot again.
[break][break]
"I like the privacy of this one,"
[break][break]
Her fingers lightly grazed the map, sweeping over the small markings detailing each square foot of the island. Starting from the plush, dense forests that sprawled throughout a good portion of the island, Penelope said, "The forests, the one-way entrance and exit -- those are a bit more like the features I'm looking for."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 19:08:12 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Okay.

Rubbing his hands together to dislodge the breakfast pastry flakes, Angelo instead tucks hungrily into his work. Attentiveness drifting over his eyes like a cloud as he scoops up the small pile of papers.

I'll pick out a few more that're nearby, and then we can get flying.

Flicking through, he begins to separate a couple of choice islands that match Penelope's narrowed down interests. Formulating a flight course in his head. 

I'm guessing all this isn't because you're in the market for a holiday home?” He asks, focus spared from his notes to peer across the coffee table. Lip hooked up into a curve, even though he's the one casting the line.  

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 0:34:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Coffee nearly spat out from her mouth.
[break][break]
"Holiday home?!"
[break][break]
Did she give off that image? Really? Leaning forward, Penelope placed down her cup back onto the table before settling deeper into the grooves of the couch. It creaked beneath her weight, but she paid it no mind.
[break][break]
"Arceus no. Do I really give off that impression," she asked with a pointed frown, "it's actually for a project we've been fiddling with. Namely , , and ."
[break][break]
Given his hook of a smile, she assumed he was curious enough to listen to what entailed behind the ominous title of 'project'. So she continued.
[break][break]
"An island for abused or abandoned Pokemon. Like a rehabilitation center of sorts."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 20:41:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
It seemed a nerve had been struck. 

Angelo peeks up from the papers, brow raised as the councilwoman shifts in her chair to throw him a disapproving frown. He, meanwhile, looks wholly unapologetic. 

Never know, you have been spending a lot of time with and the like.” He teases, thumbing through his pages. “But that's good to know.

Penelope could stay his favourite councilmember. 

Smiles and banter fades as the real plans for the island hunt are revealed, Angelo listening curiously as she lists a collection of names. 

A rehabilitation center?” It's his turn to lean back in his chair, observing Penelope thoughtfully. The query of 'now?' goes unsaid. 

I get why the Rangers could do with the facilities. They'll probably see a rise in those kinds of cases, now that Rocket are becoming more emboldened.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Neverland [s]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 19:15:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The mention of does little to quell the prickling heat that rose within her throat. To be perceived as such, then compared to someone like him? Penelope knew it was all in good jest, but it still did more than evoke a simple rise outta her.
[break][break]
She forcibly pushed down these emotions, though, stilling herself on top of the couch as their conversation drifted back down to the business that lay between them. In actuality, the rehabilitation story was more of a coverup. Something to tell the public so that when contracts are drafted, there isn't a slew of heavy black ink marking their true intentions. It made selling the story easier as well.
[break][break]
"Mhm. That's what says," she hummed, nodding. "We're still dealing with logistics, so it's a work in progress."
[break][break]
Even this appointment played into that. If they couldn't find an island that suited their needs, what else could they resort to?
[break][break]"...What are your thoughts on the idea?"
[break][break]