stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
978 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 4:28:56 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

He maybe shrieks when something bumps into him from behind. It’s totally flattering and not at all embarrassing. No way! Fern just wasn’t expecting to find anyone else by that point. Not unless it’s something terrifying and bent on chasing him.[break][break]

So when he whirls and and finds him staring down into the startled, wide ruby eyes of , Fern heaves a sigh of relief. “Oh, no. It’s fine. I haven’t seen anyone else for ages. Have you?” He doesn’t recognize her from the previous area he was stuck in, though, so maybe she was from another zone? Were there more? Hell if he knows.[break][break]

As flames crowd around them, shutting them in, his newfound companion makes for the cloudy staircase. Ascending quickly, and Fern darts after her, “Hey, wait up! There’s no way I’m getting stuck alone again.” But stairs? Really? They don’t seem all that sturdy, either. Like he might slip through if he doesn’t step right, and his stomach flips with unsteady vertigo as he continues to climb higher. Still dogging at ’s heels.
[break][break]
EooBwo03
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + fern is open to be interacted with as u please :3c[break]
+ runs after don’t leave him!! ;n; [break][break]
+ resolve tally: 50/50

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".fernie"]--accent:#298fa6; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote b, .fernie blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .fernie blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .fernie blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .fernie .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .fernie .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
··
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,812 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 19:51:12 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgentop"]OSCAR'S HOUSE OF JUMPSCARES

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

LAST RESPITE

[break]

As you climb the stairs, the flames below rage with hunger. The heat can be felt even as you all ascend high above the clouds. Yet the stairs reject one of you. Perhaps it senses a faltering heart, or maybe it just wants to hear someone scream. Whatever the reason, you become another victim of the house.[break][break]

has been Eliminated![break][break]

As the rest of you carry on into the sky, you will find yourselves surrounded by grey clouds. With your vision obstructed, you have no idea what you are climbing toward. The heat of the flames die down, replaced with the chill of falling water. You finally rise above the screen of murky clouds, stepping toward a realm of gloom and rain. The end of the stairs lies before you, leading into a light that you cannot see past.[break][break]

Before you can breech the final threshold, you must first pass by the final guardian. It is a hulking thing, blocking your way forward. Its appearance is grotesque, horrific in a way that specifically disturbs you. What is worse, they seem very familiar...[break][break]

All you must do to overcome this creature is answer the question it poses. The question is unique to your character, and only they can hear it. Do not roll this round, instead choose one of the following forms of the creature to give you a boon before the final challenge.[break][break]

• The Creature Looks Like Someone You Love: Restore your resolve to maximum plus ten. You take 20 damage from failed rolls for the rest of the event.
  • The Creature Looks Like Someone You Hate:You only need to roll one dice for the rest of the event. Your resolve is lowered to 1.
  • The Creature Looks Like Someone You Fear:Your boon and drawback is a secret, only being revealed during the final challenge.
[break][break]

[break][break]

Deadline to post is 12/18 11:59pm cst.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 16:55:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin's lungs burn as he ascends the stairs in haste, first from the flames that lick hungrily at the air and later from the exertion, as fire gives way to the calm of cold rain. He welcomes the change, slows his pace and sneaks a glance toward to make sure she's doing all right. He doesn't speak, conveys his concern only in the tilt of his head and the intensity of his gaze.[break][break]

They were almost at the top. He could see the end.[break][break]

He climbs.[break][break]

His renewed vigor and spirit is challenged by the ghastly visage of a man he'd hoped to have died in Galar's Darkest Day.[break][break]

It does not wholly resemble Thomas Quinn; macabre and mutated, the specter of his father nevertheless manages to disturb the Rocket underboss and halt him in his path. He takes an instinctive step back before squaring his shoulders with a scowl.[break][break]

You don't scare me any more, he tells himself, as his heart thuds hard against his ribcage.[break][break]

"You're not weak, are you, Cillian?"[break][break]

He snarls at his father's ghost.[break][break]

"Not any more." Miasma swirls around him. His heart has ascended to his throat, but he stands his ground. "Get out of my way."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]40 RESOLVE / GHOUL BONUS READY

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:36:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she somehow manages to drag up the stairs with her, as if he's a baby kitten she's grabbed by the scruff to carry along for this hellish ride.

and once the threat of flames is beneath them, she releases the grip she has on him and carries on toward the clouds.

something causes her to pause, then, as if she's seen a ghost. it's a familiar face, one she falls asleep near most nights. and somehow, it's wrong, twisted in ways she doesn't understand.

"what?"

he's not here. he's home, safe, not a monster. but... what if he isn't?

a sense of fear rises suddenly, without warning. she stares at the creature until it looks more and more like than she'd like to admit. the eyes aren't quite right and the expression doesn't match his but it's close enough to cement her feet into the ground.

"why won't you stay in sinnoh where it's safe?"

her eyes narrow at the question. he's asked her this before. above sinnoh's landscape atop staraptors, she's heard this before.

and her answer is the same as it was before...

"hoenn's safer, away from my father."

despite it not being him, she wants to add more. she leaves it in the mind, a soft but persistent echo: you're here in hoenn and that's safe enough for me.

jumpscare.

tl;dr |
- we r in clown city hi ya'll
- i'm full dragging w me
- bonus ghoul locked n loaded for future use...

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:33:15 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
The gnashing teeth of the fiery maw behind them snapped shut with displeasure, only dragging one of the silhouettes upon the stairs back into the darkness.[break][break]

So long as it is not me. So long as I am not the one who suffers, Elisabeth thought, and briefly despised herself for thinking.[break][break]

A haze of grey enfolded them like the shroud of night, manifesting in a cleansing rain that extinguished the last of the flames into silence with hissing protest. In this murk that remained, vanished into the clouds of a lightless sky, and a haunting solitude replaced him.[break][break]

Until that laugh.[break][break]

It bellowed and roared around Elisabeth like thunder, harsh lightning illuminating a tall silhouette steeped in shadow. The coal-black of his eyes met her own, so alive in their piercing glare it took her aback for a moment, flinching with visible recoil.[break][break]

And yet, after facing so many after-images of this ghost, the fear that had once paralyzed her in the Petalburg Woods with no longer remained.[break][break]

Only an oppressive hate so powerful it threatened to suffocate her.[break][break]

"Lisa."[break][break]

He walked towards her with the nonchalance of a man who feared no one living -- a man who had died at her hands only to be revived, over and over, in the darkest corners of her mind. Enough to be convinced of his own immortality. Enough to be amused at her own lack thereof.[break][break]

"The caged bird got the freedom she wanted, so I am told, in return for my death. I congratulate you on bartering with the devil so effectively."[break][break]

The slow sarcasm of his applause punctuated the air as his stare held her fast, his expression cold as stone as he sneered down at her. For what was Elisabeth Fiorelli but a mere mortal, an insignificant insect now to a ghost like him?[break][break]

"At least my cage kept you safe. At least I valued your life, despite how little you valued mine. At least I gave you no illusions about what little power you held."[break][break]

He loomed over her with a terrifying smile, the deep tenor of his accusation cutting her to her very core as he whispered:[break][break]

"Tell me, Poupette. Are the strings binding you that much longer, when it's who dangles them?"[break][break]

A scream strangled itself in her throat. Words became paper things, wet and useless on her tongue. Hands reached forward to claw into his flesh, only to lose purchase on wisps of cirrus that dissipated with mocking laughter.[break][break]

"You made me into this," she snarled at the emptiness he'd left behind. "You don't get to judge me for who you've made me become. You don't have the right."[break][break]

A deflection, not a true answer.[break][break]

A retreat, in the face of fears she couldn't dare admit frightened her -- not to him.[break][break]

Never to him.

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- HATE: Oh shit it's dead husbando Eddie.[break]
- Resolve: 1, we livin' dangerously now.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
978 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 4:23:27 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

must be eating her wheaties in the morning with the way she drags Fern up those cloudy steps. It’s pretty formidable, but despite his initial protests Fern eventually complies and simply allows it to happen if it means he’s not about to be swallowed up by the rising flames. Eventually, of course, he stands on his own two feet to walk for himself.[break][break]

Except, by the time they reach the top, he’s sort of wondering if it might be better to turn around and walk right back down.[break][break]

Lingering smoke causes his eyes to water and he coughs out a heavy breath as his hands lift to rub at them. When they are cleared, he is met with a monstrous figure, warped and malignant, but the malformed face is still one he would know anywhere— eyes just the same as his own. Everyone in his hometown always liked to say he was a miniature copy of his father, down to the teal blue of his eyes.[break][break]

“Da?”

It has to be an illusion. The figure will speak, and the whole thing will be shattered into nothing because— instead, warped and mangled arms lift to speak with his hands, his father’s silent voice signing out the questions in a way that shakes Fern.[break][break]

“Who are you? What have you become?”[break][break]

He doesn’t need to hear it spoken aloud to feel the disappointment sink in under his skin. Practically lethal coming from the one person that Fern has always adored and loved more than anyone else. “You left for a reason. You were supposed to be better.”[break][break]

The patience his father always provided in his youth was one that Fern knew he’d never rightfully deserved. He’s only ever been good at running away. His own hands lift to reply, but they shake and they falter before he manages an unsteady and simple, “It’s ugly, but I’m trying. I’m still me.”[break][break]

Maybe that’s what his da never fully realized— Fern has always been an expert in cowardice, finely tuned in hollow bravado. So his response isn’t exactly a lie as he turns and makes good on that understanding, weighty with guilt as he slinks away. Tail between his legs.[break][break]

Bump this. His he wants out now.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + fern is open to be interacted with as u please :3c[break]
+ literally lets drag him up the stairs[break]
+ you are like PAPA… jk fern love his da ;n;[break][break]
+ resolve tally: 50 + 10 = 60/50 (taking 20 damage now)

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".fernie"]--accent:#298fa6; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote b, .fernie blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .fernie blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .fernie blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .fernie .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .fernie .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 0:38:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Area 8

Quick shit post.

"... Have you reconsidered yet, John?"

"... How... H-how are you...?"

Nothing about this made any sense.

"... No. No I haven't."

... What the hell was he doing? This wasn't real. Of all places, he wasn't going to find her here.

With a deep scowl on his face, the youth began to stomp forward, his mood torn down to the point of fearlessness.

The apparition dissipated in his wake, incapable of giving him even a moment's pause.

Truly a farce.

"... Let's just get this over with." He muttered moodily as his lip twisted into an irritable sneer.

-loved one.
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
144 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 2:15:02 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

The voice that whispers in her ear as she ascends the stairs sends a sensation through her body that she hasn't felt in ages. Rather than chills it feels like someone's stabbing daggers in her gut, twisting the blade so viciously that she has to halt her step.

It whispers again, this time more clearly, making the assassin grit her teeth. Whatever emotion was present has made way for an expression of cheer confusion and fear, eyes wide-spread and pupils narrowed to their smallest being. Her stomach churns again, lips mere streaks on her face in pale white, almost entirely blended into her skin.

"You're supposed to be dead."

"But am I truly, little red?"

The fear in her expression remains, but there's a steel-y rage bubbling in her eyes, her voice a mere hiss at the question the voice poses. Being reminded of this person, what they'd done to her; she hated it. Feared it. It had been her sole weakness, and she'd dealt with it accordingly to overcome it.

"You are." she growls. "And if not, I will kill you again."

Her phantom nemesis only chuckles, seemingly manifesting behind her as it whispers a final few words. The assassin turns on her heels, lunging for thin air-- or someone's throat, if they've been unfortunate enough to have walked behind her.

Tldr;
- Someone she fears
- Kyr's a violent scaredy-cat
- Thanks for the memories
- Mood's gone sub-zero now
- Are we grabbing someone's throat? Find out next post!
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,812 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 21:52:45 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

Ţ̵̖̯̣̞̖̦̰̀͊̈́́͊̊̉͟͞Ḫ̨͈̩̼͙̫̝̾̄̔̆̅͠Ḙ̸͎̟̭͔͗̽͂̚͝R̨̘͍͎̲̳̮̪͂̃̐̕̚͠Ȩ̸̡̼̣͚͔̼͇̈̑̂̊̎̅̕ İ̢̛͙͇̩̰̎̽̿Ś̨̜͙͎͎̻̝̝̘͆̆͑̾́̍͠ Ņ̶̝̩̺̻̫̒̈̓͆͑͛͘͜͢͠ͅƠ͚̳̤̠͓̤̠̹̦͈̏̂̆̋̊͛̀͋͘ L̘̜̺̖̀̃̈́̈͂ͅİ̸̡̡̪͈̫̦̳̌̄͒̍͛̀̅̚͜͟G̛̟̖̲̲͙̫̟͎̻̓̄̀̇͋̊̈͠H̛̹̼͙̥͍͔̟͓̄̆̕̚ͅT̛͔̞̪͈̳̃̂̆͂͌̎͢͢

[break]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/917658424957886505/1054864809180541038/Undertale_-_Music_-_Endogeny_Woofenstein.mp3[/player]
[break][break]

You all face your guardians, pale distortions of your inner feelings.[break][break]

LOVE: [break][break]

HATE: [break][break]

FEAR: [break][break]

Yet as you conquer your nerves and pass through their vaporous forms, the voice of your respective guardian begins to laugh at you. It slowly twists, deepening into a guttural chortle that shakes your bones. The light before you fades as a horrific face pushes through it. The face speaks to you in that same voice, its tone twisting further as more writhing faces sprout from its flesh.[break][break]

"W̷̨͔͚̼͐̉̐̿̆̑̾̈́͟͝E͚̬̞̥̹̪͗̾̽̂̕ Ẁ̴̧̛̪̲̳̣̽̃̌̂̂̌̕Į̵̞̺̜̪͉̤̀͑̀̇̐̂̒͝ͅL̴̛̩̞̙̲̟̫͓̯̙̀͐͊̆̊̏Ļ̡͔̼̙͖̳̼͛́̂̎̇͘ͅ B̼̱͇͎̰̲̈͗͒̏̐̈́ͅR̷̰͈͙̜̠̎͗̊̀̓̍̍̎͞͝ͅĘ̴̧͉͖͔͎̀̏́̀͑̀̓A̤̣̩͈͖̰̐͊̀̋̂̾̉̐͞ͅͅK̯͍̫̰̬͚̗͈͊͂̎́̾̊ Ý̪̯͇͚͙̱̩̮̍̍̎̄̃ͅO̯̯̟̲̬͛͊͐̅̿͡U̷͔͍̲̥͔̗̽͗̃̐́͌́͐͘͢!͖̣͍͎̝̎̿͛̄͌̕͢͝"[break][break]

The laughter of the multiplying faces echoes into a cacophony of nonsense, your surroundings becoming a grotesque mixture of grinning flesh and endless noise. Will you break through this nightmare of succumb to it?[break][break]

You must roll five times. Each roll must match one of the following win conditions.[break][break]

1. Roll an ODD Number
  2. Roll a Number Divisible by FIVE
  3. Roll a PRIME Number
  4. Roll a Number Divisible by NINE
  5. Roll a GREEN Number
[break][break]

At the bottom of your post, match the win conditions with your rolls where applicable. Example: Roll 5 is a 23, so it can be matched with condition 1. You can illustrate this any way you would like (R5-C1, 5-1, 5=1, ect). A win condition can only be matched with ONE roll. If a rolled number does not match any of the win conditions, it is a Failure. You will take Resolve damage for each Failure you roll.[break][break]

Failures can be turned into automatic successes by linking me one of the HIDDEN GHOULS from an Area other than the one your character started in. This only works after you have posted and rolled. GHOULS can be sent to me up until the Deadline.[break][break]

There are special conditions based off the choices made in the last event.[break][break]

If you chose Love: You start with 60 Resolve. Follow the directions as normal, taking 20 Resolve damage for every Failure instead of 10.You will restore 10 Resolve for every player Eliminated during this round--but only after you post and survive your roll.[break][break]

If you chose Hate: Only roll once instead of five times. Hope that your one roll matches any of the listed win conditions. You only have 1 Resolve. You will restore 10 Resolve for every player Eliminated during this round--but only after you post and survive your roll.[break][break]

If you chose Fear: You gain the GHOUL BONUS for free! For Gavin, this means he has Two Ghoul Bonuses to use. See the first post of this thread for what the GHOUL BONUS does. However, you cannot turn Failures into Successes by linking me a HIDDEN GHOUL. You will restore 10 Resolve for every player Eliminated during this round--but only after you post and survive your roll.

Deadline to post is 12/23 11:59pm cst.

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
144 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 22:32:58 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

The assassin grasps into nothingness; no throats. No physical way to ban the tension in her body.

"W̷̨͔͚̼͐̉̐̿̆̑̾̈́͟͝E͚̬̞̥̹̪͗̾̽̂̕ Ẁ̴̧̛̪̲̳̣̽̃̌̂̂̌̕Į̵̞̺̜̪͉̤̀͑̀̇̐̂̒͝ͅL̴̛̩̞̙̲̟̫͓̯̙̀͐͊̆̊̏Ļ̡͔̼̙͖̳̼͛́̂̎̇͘ͅ B̼̱͇͎̰̲̈͗͒̏̐̈́ͅR̷̰͈͙̜̠̎͗̊̀̓̍̍̎͞͝ͅĘ̴̧͉͖͔͎̀̏́̀͑̀̓A̤̣̩͈͖̰̐͊̀̋̂̾̉̐͞ͅͅK̯͍̫̰̬͚̗͈͊͂̎́̾̊ Ý̪̯͇͚͙̱̩̮̍̍̎̄̃ͅO̯̯̟̲̬͛͊͐̅̿͡U̷͔͍̲̥͔̗̽͗̃̐́͌́͐͘͢!͖̣͍͎̝̎̿͛̄͌̕͢͝"

"No. No. Nonono. I will break YOU!" she roars at the guardian haunting her, her face frozen in a contortion of fear and rage; her voice frantic in comparison. Kyrenai can feel how the adrenaline's racing through her veins, begging her to put it to use-- kill.

She lunges.

One face becomes many, and although she recognises none, the madness it's pulling from her memories makes her think she knows them. It's fueling the illusion, and she's drawn to its taunt like a moth to a flame, unable to resist. Yet what it triggers isn't something the light of day should witness.

Nor the shadows of a haunted house.

I invoke the hidden power of Azulmas!
1GQsdwde

Tldr;
- Gather 'round children, auntie Kyr's losing her mind
- Roll 1 - C3 // Roll 2 - C2 // Roll 3 - C1 // Roll  4 - C5 (fail) // Roll 5 - C4

Resolve 30/50

····
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 23:47:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Eyes of gold darken, molten and narrowed at their sunken mirrors in his father's ghastly, grinning skull. Laughter echoes around him and Gavin stands firm; he has never heard his father laugh. Not in humour, nor in mockery.[break][break]

This was not his father. Yet even if it was, Gavin Merlino is a stronger man than had been Cillian Quinn.[break][break]

He had survived Galar. He'd survived Kanto. He would survive Hoenn. Nothing less than the inevitable HEAT DEATH of the universe could stop a man of his steadfast ambition and willpower.[break][break]

"You won't."[break][break]

Gavin faces his haunt with a terrifying image of his own, purple-black fog swirling around him in earnest.[break][break]

xAhrPVDV

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]30 RESOLVE / GHOUL BONUS READY x2

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Roll 1 - 13, Prime[break]
Roll 2 - 61, Odd[break]
Roll 3 - 25, Divisible by 5[break]
Roll 4 - 86, Green Number[break]
Roll 5 - 57, Fail (-10 Resolve)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]····
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,812 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 23:30:49 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

The Primal Fear

[break]

Faced with an unfathomable enemy, you try to stand your ground. Yet even as you cling to your courage, the mass of screaming faces sees through your façade. It begins to absorb you, slowly pulling your body into its sea of writhing flesh. Struggle as you may, your doom is inescapable.[break][break]

[break][break]

Yet two survive, inedible to the gnashing horror. Infuriated by your defiance, it attempts to double its efforts! Yet it has already lost, and it too shall feel the dread of certain doom. A thick technicolor smog begins to pour out of every orifice of the mass. Realizing what was occurring, the mass tries to scream in abject terror. Yet its cries are silenced, and its wriggling form helplessly dissolves within the dazzling smoke.[break][break]

The smoke forms something that resembles a face, and looks down upon its final interlopers. With an echoing voice as ancient as the sun, it speaks two simple words.[break][break]

"Only one."
[break][break]

The cloud seamlessly seeps through your facial openings, forcing upon you a grand menagerie of horror. Your feeble human minds cannot defend against this cosmic power, you have no choice but to withstand the onslaught.[break][break]

DESCRIBE YOUR NIGHTMARISH VISIONS! Share what terrible things your character is forced to face. In addition, roll five times.[break][break]

Final Win Condition: You must roll one of the following numbers. All other numbers are failures.[break][break]

n0hRh2bt
[break][break]

In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by whoever took the Least amount of Resolve damage.[break][break]

[break][break]

Deadline to post is 12/28 11:59pm cst.

···················
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 3:15:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin does not recognize . It doesn't matter.[break][break]

Only one.[break][break]

He stands his ground, chin lifted and spine straight, but even Rocket's underboss cannot withstand a psychic assault.[break][break]

Fear replaces bravery in an instant: he is no longer facing false demons but the echoes of his past. His father standing over him as his arm stains the living room carpet red. White-knuckled hands clinging to a ship's rail as he stares out into black water.[break][break]

Do you know how long it takes to drown, Cillian?[break][break]

Coughing up seawater to the sound of laughter. 's, not his father's.[break][break]

Eyes squeezed shut as he struggles to obey a simple command.[break][break]

Hold still.[break][break]

The way he hadn't felt the pain, at first; it was as if his hand had been punched, not punctured. The thud of the blade slamming down into the wood of the desk below, parting flesh and cracking bone.[break][break]

His heart slams in his chest. He can't breathe.[break][break]

He's drowning, isn't he?[break][break]

It can take minutes. A minute is a very long time when you can't breathe, when your lungs are screaming for air but draw in only water. Yet he does not feel as if he's drowning. There is no heaviness, no flood of liquid where there should be air.[break][break]

"Get out of my head," he snarls, shaking it as if to dispel the nightmarish visions.[break][break]

uWQkHobr

MATCHED: 25, 14 (-30 RESOLVE)

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]20? RESOLVE / GHOUL BONUS READY x2

[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]····
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
144 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 0:47:48 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
There's a blonde beyond the face that speaks to them; she doesn't know him, she doesn't care for him either. Not now. Not when the face of billowing smoke renders them a final 'order', if to call it anything at all.

Only one.

She stares at the horror in silence, nailed to the ground in a way she'd only felt like years prior, during a time that had shaped her completely. Eyes close, waiting for it to be over, but when Kyrenai dares peek again she's met with pain. Sharp, undiluted, familiar pain.

A sword protrudes from her abdomen like a proud beacon, the eyes of Enryō looking down upon her ever so coldly. She's yet to sink to her knees, but she feels the ground below her is no longer stable, a mountain of corpses she finds herself on. There's no power left in her hands, and whatever energy she has left is forced into her chest, trying to keep her heart and lungs from failing her. When she looks down, she sees her comrade looking back at her with lifeless eyes, a hand gripping her arm and trying to pull her to her knees.

Enryō's silence of becomes like a pressure upon her. Even when she'd failed, her master had always explained their shortcomings, so they could learn. Yet he had warned;

One day the dead would come to claim them once more.

Such was their fate, as assassins of Enryō's creed. Only one would live, and all else would fall by their sword.

Comrades.

Fellow Disciples.

Their Master.

More hands would reach for her, lifeless bodies clinging to the one that cut them down, hoping to drag her back to hell with them. She wants to fight, struggle against them, but the sword does not let her. Her eyes meet her master's again, and the rage that had triggered her earlier breaks with silent tears. The assassin does not like to be reminded of the truth to her current life, of the sorrow. Of the sins she had to commit.

Her comrades. Her fellow disciples. Her master.

Her victims.

Rather than pull the sword out, her hands wrap around the hilt and push. The blade in her abdomen breaks, reverting past to present, and wound to scar, hot and stinging like it had been newly inflicted. But it were mere phantom pains. Just like this horror was merely a phantom of her past. She'd already made peace with said phantoms years ago; them haunting her was their right. As it was her plight to never forget the sacrifices made.

KUTOkDzv

Tldr;
- 20/50 resolve + 1x Ghoul Bonus ready (3x failed rolls, matched 95 and 65)

····
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Area 8 [OHJ]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 5:00:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It does not get out of his head.[break][break]

It burrows deeper, a parasite feeding on fears he'd thought buried. Nightmares of Kanto, flashes of war and bloodshed. There's bile in his throat and his hands are shaking violently.[break][break]

He'd forgotten the faces of his victims. Their names.[break][break]

I don't want to see this.[break][break]

But while he could close his eyes, it was impossible to shutter the eye of his mind. Torture at the hands of psychic Pokémon that he'd gone on to inflict upon others. The lives of friends snuffed out by his hand for the crime of treachery.
[break][break]
There are other, fresher nightmares to join the old. Faolan's sacrifice to Necrozma. His energy fading as the monster inside of drank its fill. The fallout with Emma.[break][break]

"Stop," he growls. Is he talking to the monster, or to the man behind it? He's never felt angrier at . "Stop."

B|pzCf63

MATCHED: 2 (-40 RESOLVE)

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]0 RESOLVE / GHOUL BONUS READY x2

[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
····