1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sarazanmai gif (renaissance edition) | dw
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 13:05:32 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses, as he listens to Derek. Moreso than his words, he's beginning to understand something else. "I... think so? She's not the most pleasant character to deal with, yeah." Callan remarks, a smile forming on his lips. "Why? Do you like or something?" Derek would not be the first man to fall for a woman with a pretty face but a vicious personality.

"She's the same to me as she is to you. I'd wager." Callan paused, "It's not personal, but maybe look for someone who'll treat you better than she will. It doesn't seem like you two are meshing based on what you're saying at any rate."

His thoughts however, were disturbed as a massive pink goblin wielding a hammer three times the size of a human hobbles nearby. "Oh, a Tinkaton." He hushes, sliding into the tall grass as he stalks around the pink, Corviknight hunting demon. As it forages nearby wooden sticks, likely to concoct its latest blacksmithing monstrosity, Callan launches an Ultra Ball from behind, catching it smack dab between its oversized head and tiny body.

Regardless of how it resolved, Callan returned his focus back to Derek. "Sure, whenever you feel like it, but you'll have to do the interview first as well." In all honesty, Callan felt those were harder than the actual battles themselves.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 10:11:56 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"That's what you're getting out of this?" Derek lets out a scoff consisting of something between humor and irritation. He'd only meant that, in stark contrast to the rest, Katherine was kind of a bitch. Of course, there had to be those whose face she didn't rub her heels in. "It's more like she's the one who could help me the most, being that she was there to deal with Regirock. That among other things..." Not to mention the way she so casually accused Derek of trying to become some kind of avatar. That he was trying to use her to do so. As if it were so easy. Maybe for her. But it made him wonder...

It crosses his mind to share that conversation in great detail, though for the time being Callan preoccupies himself with the capture of a Tinkaton. Did...did he choose that line of questioning to distract Derek from his find? Whatever. Not like his name was on it.

There was a Druddigon he could claim, or at least battle for the experience. But Derek chose to pursue the conversation instead. "Yeah, I know." The interview was...well, it was a weird hurdle to put in the way. But he understood why. "Not sure who will be conducting mine." Or if it mattered which of them took up the task. "Probably not you. Not that I think you'd be biased, but I would want to know for myself that I did it on my own." Best to keep things professional and only seek Callan out when the challenge was underway.

"If I had to choose, it'd probably be between Matias and Katherine." Derek didn't know them well enough that any potential for bias would fester. Well, not in a manner that would be of benefit to him during the interview. He'd rather the person be working against him. It would make the victory that much sweeter. "Unless there's some kind of reason you'd rather handle it?" This inquiry is likely to be fruitless, but he wonders if Callan might say anything to shed some light on the nature of this interview.

SKIPPING!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 23:35:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARMALDO APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CYCLIZAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHED SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHED TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN

[attr="class","wildtag"]@tag

CAUGHT THE TINKATON!

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 12:18:53 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan chuckled softly as he listened to Derek's musings. As they strolled along, Callan considered Derek's approach to the Elite Four interview.

"Nobody achieves greatness alone Derek," Callan responded thoughtfully. "All of us are shaped by the influences of others-- the people who support us, challenge us, and help us grow. So there's no shame in seeking out the best opportunities for yourself. It's just how it the world goes."

After a brief pause, Callan continued. "Honestly, I don't have any particular agenda for my interviews. I plan to take each case as it comes. If you want to interview with me, that's fine. But I won't be going easy on you or anyone else. I'm also interviewing my ex at the moment. I have my own ideas about what makes a great Champion."

Suddenly, Callan's attention was drawn away by the sight of a rare Cyclizar passing by. "Hold that thought..." Callan disappeared into the nearby grass to pursue the dragon-type creature. For a moment, the sound of rustling leaves filled the air. Then, after a few moments, Callan emerged, triumphant, with the Cyclizar safely caught in his Ultra Ball.

"Anyway, don't worry too much about the interview," Callan said with a reassuring smile. "You're definitely up to the challenge. And even if you don't beat every member of the Elite Four, that's just part of the journey."

Capture attempt for Cyclizar

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 9:24:04 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, but I don't plan on giving them any credit." Not the individual they currently spoke of, at least. Unless of course she proved helpful with the intention of doing so. But there was little reason for Derek to believe as such.

He overlooks the rest, allowing Callan to operate without distraction. Seems he'd gotten hold of another rare catch. "Hey, when are you gonna let me get one?" Letting out a small chuckle, Derek ignores the wild species he'd taken notice of not far off.

Best to leave the local population as undisturbed as possible. It's only Callan's mention of worry that brings his attention back to the topic at hand. "I'm just tired of being treated the way I am." Years ago the league looked different. People weren't raised on a pedestal, only to patronize those finding themselves in a position they were once familiar with. "With the champion's title, it becomes a lot more clear what you're looking at."

Derek didn't need to be looked after or saved from disaster everywhere he went. He'd seen more than his fair share of tragedy. The only thing they had was titles. Or worse yet, trophies. "Maybe it's a cycle, but I feel like Hoenn's been on a steady decline as of late."

SKIPPING!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 4:55:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STONJOURNER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POWER SPOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRAVITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WIDE GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MARILL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUGE POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE CYCLIZAR!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights