1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 8:35:29 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Lunch meetings at the Pokemon League were rarely lunches of leisure, but it was one of the best places to talk about sensitive matters over food.

His PA had messaged him approximately a day earlier asking if he'd be willing to meet up with Penelope, and given that it had just been a mere week after the Meteor event, it had something to do with League related work.

Callan arrived early by about five minutes at the restaurant, seated himself, and flipped the pages on his phone application to read as he awaited the councilwoman. He shifts uncomfortable in his seat, as the ribs broken jostled uncomfortably as he seated in one position too long.

There was not much he knew about her, only that she had been approximately around Elinor's age and had previously run a broadcasting network. The few times he had spoken to her over the communications in Mount Pyre, she had seemed, for the most part, well balanced and formal, but it was a different matter when it was a lunch meeting and the conversation was in private.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 8:06:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The door sang a lovely chime at Peneleop's arrival at the restaurant. Dressed up in a slim-fitting pencil skirt and a white blouse, the woman briskly walked over to the table she had reserved for them a week prior.
[break][break]

"Callan, hi, I'm glad you were able to make it."
[break][break]

Her greeting came as warm as the morning sun. Reaching forward, she offered a formal handshake -- something that wasn't her ideal preference, but given the literal end-of-the-world fiasco she had just survived through, it was the easiest go-to way to introduce herself.
[break][break]

"How are you, by the way? Not too injured, I hope."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 12:47:03 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Councilwoman." He greets in response, lifting himself from his seat and extending his handshake to her. "It's nice to finally meet you in person."Callan carefully lowers himself back down onto his seat, before waving the server to begin serving the food. There was no menu in this locale, the course menu was set unless there was a specific request.

"Thanks for asking. Things are a bit of a whirlwind at the moment, but I got off the phone call with my daughter for the first time in seven months yesterday, she's pretty happy in Unova. So all in all, it's good to be alive right now." Callan replied. "How are things on your end?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 7:13:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The mention of Callan's daughter nearly drew a coo from the councilwoman. Nothing warmed her heart more than a positive father-daughter relationship.
[break][break]

"Aw, I'm so glad to hear that," She smiled, genuine with her response, "How old is your daughter-- if you don't mind me asking."
[break][break]

How was she doing? Honestly, the question was more loaded than one thinks. But, for simplicity's sake, she kept her smile straight and answered with a simple, "Good enough. We're all still breathing, so I can't complain, right?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 10:58:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"She's six." Came the reply, then Callan briefly counts, hsi eyes flit beyond Penny and into the horizon behind her for a moment before returning back to the conversation. "Oh, wait, seven." Discounting the fact a year has passed and that she'd probably grown a little by now. "Really, though?" Callan chuckled, "My image of you was more..." Cold. "Stern. Glad to know I was wrong."

Callan waves over the waiter to serve the first appetiser as Penelope speaks. "For me the true battle is boredom." What was he back to, music? Maybe, if he survived the upcoming PR ordeal. The rifts, on the other hand... "I'm looking forward to getting back out there." Callan dipped his breadstick into the Klawf bisque as he continues.

"Did you have anything in particular you wanted to chat about?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:19:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Callan's admittance wasn't a surprise. Most resigned to similar feelings of the woman, as even if there were questions, most fleeting glances her direction resulted a glimpse of a tight lipped frown or her classic 'resting bitch face'.
[break][break]
But maybe she was a bit cold sometimes.
[break][break]
"Ah, well, boredom is a privilege many don't have," She sighed, her thoughts brought back to the icu and the many bodies that filled their beds upon the aftermath of both attacks. To even be here, eating together with one another, was a fortunate fact.
[break][break]
But, alas, they needed to return to business.
[break][break]
"Right."
[break][break]
Her hands folded into one another right in front of her chest, bringing forth her more professional, more remote stature.
[break][break]
"First, Callan, what are your thoughts on AQUA?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @callan[break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 15:33:06 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Penny asks a question Callan doesn't expect. The rock star's eyes turn towards the window, flitting briefly.

"I've never been in a meeting," Callan began, "but based on the minutes and recordings I've listened to in the past few large assemblies, it's not good." Callan paused, he wanted to say a lot of things on this subject, but he'd summarize for now: "As a function, it does its purpose of controlling avatars, but I don't think that's a fair asessment."

"It's normal to be under pressure when the world is at stake. That is what the Assemblies are for. But," Callan's lips purse into a thin line as he crowsses his hands over his face, "Blame being thrown everywhere, cuss words being spit at each other, flaring tempers and insults being tossed casually. Every AQUA Assembly has a congregation of idiots prostituting their egos on display against each other, instead of solving the issue at hand. Which makes everyone else have to work that much harder to maintain order."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 21:20:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"And yet, those idiots were the selected few chosen to act as patrons of their very gods."
[break][break]

It was a grim realization she'd experienced back in littleroot, when faced with none other than 's Xernas, then again with , whose ego has shown to know no bounds. Whether it be within Rocket or their very quarters, those gifted with power exhibited more similarities to one another than the people they've sworn to protect.
[break][break]

"How would you go about it then? What would you change?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 16:34:20 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Was that a fair assessment of all Avatars? Callan wasn'tsure, he had never thought to poll them individually against each other and slap them on a tier list. But in general, yes, a single bad egg in an otherwise decent crate was still a bad set.

Callan paused at her question, his eyes flickered to the window. It was fun to ponder. "If, I were Commissioner ," Callan began, "I would do the same thing she did last meeting, albeit with more intention and less vitriol. I would first treat them as I would adults. Until I realize that they were otherwise. When that happens, I will treat them like a child. And when teaching a child, you require them to act appropriately."

Callan paused, "Before an agenda meeting like the AQUA initiative takes place, members in it need a minimum level of dignity and self-respect, not to mention understanding of the situation at hand. People who do not, or act out of place, need to be removed from the room. They are not fit to be entrusted with the fate of my region."

The next dish was served quickly after that monologue. "You've met with more of the people in AQUA than I have, really." Callan offers an apologetic smile, "What do you think of the people you've met so far? I'd like to hear about them."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 6:54:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

As the woman who had joined The League with the intention of enforcing stricter levels of accountability, Callan's assessment drew out a pleased sigh. At least she could trust that the newest member of their elite held a proper head on his shoulders. A rarity nowadays, it seems.
[break][break]

"What do I think," she echoed his question back aloud to herself. Pondering over hypotheticals appeared to be a quality they both held, and for once, the councilwoman wasn't hesitant toward expressing herself clearly. This wasn't . There were no bear traps awaiting one misstep, nor onlookers ready to capture the juiciest sound bite.
[break][break]

The fact that their opinions remained aligned with one another only benefited her desire to speak on the topic.
[break][break]

"I think power corrupts. Whether it be in political strength or raw prowess, it's rare to witness someone who isn't forced to change beneath the pressures of their position."
[break][break]

She paused, fingers idly tracing the wrinkles of the tablecloth.
[break][break]

"Such power can make even the humblest members of The League believe it's within their right to hold access to anything they desire. Including the fate of our region."
[break][break]

Names obscured, specifics protected beneath the sheath of vague generalization, it was clear if Callan desired particulars, he'd have to reach out and ask himself.
[break][break]

"They're sorely mistaken and I intend to remind them of that."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 14:19:31 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcredits"]
[attr="class","sidelong"]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

[attr="class","border-box"]
[attr="class","image-space"]

[attr="class","text-space"]"Fish fear her! Men want her!" Callan adds, toasting a cup of water to her speech. [break][break]

Though in all honesty he had little clue about the corruption inside of the League. It might be apparent, but he'd have to interact with a few more of them before he could give any kind of judgment. [break][break]

"Well, whatever it is you intend to do Penny, if you ever wanna talk or need some help, lemme know." [break][break]

The rest of the meal went smoothly.

[attr="class","headerbox"]

callan young +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Playfair Display][googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #191919; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 42, 34, 92; --accent: #fff [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #191919; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: justify; font: 14px/18px 'Playfair Display'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h2, .sidelong h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #191919 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sapphire | m
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 6:19:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: