he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Demands of the Captor [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 16:33:18 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]
[attr="class","gunnertext"]

[attr="class","gunnerpkmn"]

Dressed in a tailored black suit and tie, Gunner walked the halls of Ever Grande City's high security medical facility. The building, not marked on any map or known by the city's average residents, housed a number of persons deemed 'extreme threats' who also needed to undergo medical treatment and rehabilitation.[break][break]

Frankly, Gunner thought that 'extreme threats' need not be housed, fed, and cared for, but put down like vermin. But he was not in a high enough position to call those shots.[break][break]

Eventually, he reached his destination. The cell had been unused until recently, when Slateport's Rangers had brought a unique captive from the defense of Littleroot Town: , former Rocket Beast, presumed dead until the events called the Darkest Day that had taken place last summer.[break][break]

"Wait out here," Gunner told the guards who had led him to the cell and unlocked the door. Then he slipped inside. A quick glance around the room confirmed the presence of multiple cameras watching their every move, picking up every sound.[break][break]

He would have to behave that day.[break][break]

Gunner lowered his gaze to the cell's occupant. "Choi," he said, not to greet the other man but to get his attention.

[attr="class","gunnerooc"][break]

NOTES

Mission: Post PAAA

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 17:09:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The room was simple. No windows, save for s small one way by the door. Empty but not cramped, a single hospital bed pushed into the corner with a small hospital table by the side. It was pulled over the bed, where Chu-e had been picking at bland chicken when comes in. A morphine drip IV is hooked into his hand.

Chu-e does turn, not startled but more curious, and looks the blond up and down.

"... stranger." Was 'greeted' in return.

Why did they keep sending these people who he had no idea who the fuck they were?

Chu-e did make for a pathetic sight, thin framed and pale in his hospital gown. For some people that didn't matter. Not everyone was as willing to feel empathy as @aries had been.

.... he wonder if she would come back. Chu-e wanted more chocolate.

Idly, Chu-e lifted his plastic fork to pop a small bite of the chicken into his mouth. He chewed slowly, clearly unimpressed with the new person in his room.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 21:19:38 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

The room and its occupant were indeed pathetic, but Gunner did not let the disdain show on his face. Not yet. Instead, his golden eyes quickly scanned the chamber for a chair. Finding none, he chose to stand directly in front of the little table pulled up to the side of the bed. Looming over a prisoner like that was a classic intimidation tactic, but Gunner immediately noted Chu-e's indifference toward him.[break][break]

The man had died and come back to life. He had been a Rocket Beast. Such experiences meant he would not cow so easily.[break][break]

"I'm Agent Graves," Gunner said, briefly holding out his badge and government ID card before pocketing them again, "of the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism. I have some questions for you."[break][break]

Questions straight from 's mouth, no less.[break][break]

Gunner glanced briefly at the flavorless meal on the table. "I promise I won't take up too much of your time — provided you'll cooperate, of course."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 21:34:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
is right. Typical intimidation tactics wouldn't work on Chu-e. He was a hardened criminal who had endured far worse than this. He also was not capable of feeling much of anything, despite how good of an act he put on; Necrozma had stolen his feelings away from him upon being revived.

He just tilts his head up to meet his eyes, blinking slowly and idly. Completely relaxed. He swallows his food slowly. An impressed hum is given when he glances at the badge; but it's in the same way as you give attention to a child. They had you a ugly as shit drawing and you smile and you smile and tell them how good it is.

"I wouldn't stand too close." He let's that linger for a second. Just long enough to see if the other will take it as a threat. "They keep giving me milk even though I'm lactose intolerant. The smell could knock a Salamance stone dead."

Another bite of chicken is popped into his mouth.

"I've 'cooperated' with everyone who comes in here. You guys just ask me shit I don't know." A shrug. "Shoot your shot, I guess."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 22:18:37 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Showing his badge was a formality. It was not meant to impress Chu-e or even elicit a positive reaction. It was simply procedure, because the cameras were rolling.[break][break]

As a secret agent, Gunner had trained for any threat. But though they were meeting in a medical facility, it was still also a prison. Surveillance monitored Chu-e's daily activities around the clock. Nothing entered the cell that didn't have prior clearance. No Pokémon, no people, no weapons.[break][break]

Using the periphery of his vision, Gunner watched the plastic fork in the other man's hand.[break][break]

"You were among the Rockets battling at Littleroot Town. Our Rangers apprehended you and brought you back, releasing you to Ever Grande's custody."[break][break]

Interrogations always began with facts. Evidence.[break][break]

"What was your role in Team Rocket's operation at Littleroot?"

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 23:29:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Mm-hmm." Is agreed again; Chu-e is only half listening at this point. He isn't sure if this guy would be fun to fuck with or if his head was hurting too much to try.

Instead of answering right away, Chu-e picks up a small cup of orange jello and pulls the lid off. The end of his form is shoved in his mouth as he gives it a curious sniff.

A suffering sigh.

"I don't like oranges."

But he tucks to fork in anyway and gets a bite.

Another few moments.

"Cleaning crew." A shrug. might not know what that means but that's alright, because Chu-e plows on.

"Beat the shit out of League and get them the fuck out. You know. Like how the League was doing the same to Rocket." Just business.
Nothing personal.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 0:12:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Cleaning crew. Gunner understood the slang. He'd hunted after Team Rocket in enough regions and over enough years to know their general operations.[break][break]

The details, though? That's what interrogations were for.[break][break]

Suppressing the urge to smack the cup of Jell-O from Chu-e's hand, Gunner moved on with his line of questioning. After all, the prisoner had been forthcoming thus far. And the cameras were rolling.[break][break]

"Cleaning crew. Is that your role in Team Rocket, then? What happened to the Beast, Chu-e Choi? Is it your illness? The Rangers reported you vomiting tar and blood. Scales covered your body."[break][break]

Unfortunately, the League's doctors had not finished their analyses of Choi's blood yet. Gunner would have to read the findings later.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 0:23:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Blood would reveal anomalies. Crystal, microscopic, growing slowly. He was one with it. Chu-e Choi was no longer human.

"Choi the Beast died a long time ago." Vague, at best. But even people Chu-e liked found talking to him like pulling teeth at times.
"I was in charge of Information Extraction for a long time. Now I'm just a holdover. I don't even think anyone will try and come get me."

Said as if he doesn't really care. Because, in the end, he doesn't. In some way Chu-e had wanted this. He thinks of , the day after her birthday, holding hands with her and making a promise for the both of them. Of secret texts, just as vague as what he was saying now, sent to to prepare for the worst.

Of the tar, the vomit, the 'scales' he says nothing.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 1:02:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

A holdover.[break][break]

Gunner's eyes narrowed. The first inkling of doubt wormed its way into his mind. If Choi was now on a low rung of the crime syndicate, that meant she may not know as much about Team Rocket's operations as the League had hoped.[break][break]

He leaned in, resting his fists on his side of the table. "So you know nothing about Rocket's next steps? About what they intend to do with the material they've gained from METENO?"[break][break]

Choi had fallen unconscious during the attack on Littleroot Town; it was likely he had no idea about the Legendary Pokémon, DRK Triad, the meteoroid's crystalline core, or the rifts that had opened up. Questioning him about any of that was useless.[break][break]

But it seemed insane to Gunner that Team Rocket would try to mine a space rock without having an idea of what to do after.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 2:29:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
asks his questions. He even seems to be big Boy Serious about it. Chu-e seems to regard his fists on the table with some interest, leaning over to inspect them.

"You got something under your thumb nail, there."

Anything to be as annoying as possible.

But in this. In what the League wants to know?

Chu-e is in the dark. He actually doesn't know jack or shit about any of that.

"I'm not one of the Lab Boys or Big Wigs, so how should I know? What's the League going to do with it? Rocket and League is just two dogs sniffing each other's assholes in a circle all the damn time. Look inward and you'll have your answer."

A sigh. His head hurt. The morphine wasn't helping. He rubs his head as he tries to think through the pounding.

A choice is made.

"So, tough guy, people like you keep coming in here and asking me the same shit I don't know over and over and getting real pissed about.
I'll make a deal with you. I'll tell you something you don't know, and no one has bothered to ask, and you tell me something I want to know. Sound good to you?"

He was tired. So very tired. It spoke volumes in the dark bags under his eyes despite all the sleep he had been getting. But in the end, Chu-e would always be as capricious and flighty and the Fairy types he loved. And the Fae didn't give anything for free unless they got something from it.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 11:09:12 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Chu-e's repeated attempts to derail the conversation do not faze Gunner. This was not his first interrogation, nor would it be his last.[break][break]

The insult to the League, though, was intolerable. Gunner clenched his fists tighter, biting down the urge to backhand the prisoner. Instead, he stood up straight and crossed his arms over his chest — to keep his hands busy. His brow furrowed.[break][break]

I don't make deals with Rocket scum, he wanted to say. But he also knew that would reprimand him for losing the opportunity to learn something valuable.[break][break]

"Deal," Gunner said at last, the word coming out forced, like he was spitting out something rotten. "What do you know?"

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:19:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The clenching of the fists don't go unnoticed. Chu-e snorts, amused; this guy sure had thin skin.

"That's not how deals work, Mr. Graves. Who says you won't go back on your word as soon as I tell you anything?"

He tilts his head much like a curious cat might.

"No, you will listen to my request first. Then I'll tell you my fun little secret. And my request is..." Leaning over, a bit more in the other's space, Chu-e hangs onto the words long enough to build a bit of suspense.

"I want to see my daughter. I want to know she's alive. And I want her in League's custody, safe from Rocket. You guarantee me that and I'll tell you about the little project I do know about."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:36:31 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

The fact that Choi has a daughter came as no surprise to Gunner. After all, the Rangers' report had mentioned Choi gasping something about his daughter before falling unconscious for good.[break][break]

Still, it seemed difficult for Gunner to fathom that members of Team Rocket were anything like normal humans, with families, desires, and dreams. He'd spent the last several years convincing himself they were monsters instead. Foul creatures without hearts.[break][break]

Then Gunner remembered 's brother was still in Rocket. Perhaps it wasn't so strange for a man like Chu-e to have a daughter.[break][break]

No. Gunner shook his head — not to deny the prisoner his request, but to clear it of doubts.[break][break]

"I'll have to discuss this request with my superiors, but it should be doable," he said. "What's your daughter's name? Can you give me a description of her?"

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:44:14 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e leans back. Satisfied with the answer he is given.

". She's short, with blond hair. Usually wears red and with her Luxray named Reiner. She's twelve and really crafty. I'm sure if you ask the Rangers or some of the E4 enough, one of them might know where she's at." He leaves that part vague. He doesn't want to implicate or of some grand conspiracy because of having kind hearts.

Sighing, Chu-e places his tray on the table. His food is only half eaten as he curled up to be more comfortable in his bed, folding his legs under himself.

"Rocket is building pokemon. They're war machines. I'm sure you've even see one of the prototypes during the meteor event." He couldn't remember where had went for that but he had no doubt that he had taken Genesect with him.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:59:55 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Gunner committed the information about Choi's daughter to memory. Her name and description were unfamiliar to him, but the Bureau had an impressive database of Hoenn's citizens. Surely she was listed there.[break][break]

The secret Choi revealed caused Gunner's eyebrows to raise into his forehead. "They're building Pokémon?" he echoed.[break][break]

How was that possible? Pokémon were living creatures that were born and died, just like humans. Sure, their physiologies sometimes bordered the alien or fantastical, but they were still part of the natural world. Gunner almost voiced his questions out loud, but Choi had made it clear they weren't privy to scientific secrets.[break][break]

Thinking back on the assault on Mt. Pyre, the agent couldn't recall any Pokémon that seemed manufactured. The only extraordinary one had been Palkia, and that had been in Father Winter's hands, not Team Rocket's. Perhaps one of the other defense teams could confirm Choi's claims.[break][break]

Gunner sighed. "Thank you for being so cooperative," he said, not really wanting to thank a Rocket but understanding that the information he'd gained was valuable — and given without much pushback. "I'll be back with our decision about your daughter."[break][break]

Turning away from the hospital bed, he made his way to the door of the cell and knocked so the guard could unlock it.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]