Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
New Horizons (C)
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 19:15:47 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
What was the point of wealth?

To hoard it? Amass it endlessly? Let it stagnate, and bear no fruit? Amor remembered something he was told at a young age by one of his tutors. Money that doesn't travel is worthless. Money must be spent so that it can find it's way around, and be used to make more of itself. It was why Amor often spent such absurd sums on things others would deem trivial. Why he would invest so heavily in projects, and try to revive them. Sometimes an idea was good, but was executed poorly, or maybe it needed more time. Maybe they underestimated costs, maybe they just needed a gentle nudge. There were countless people in the world who could use wealth to better their situation.

Amor had come across a budding young talent, and the fact that no one had thought to snatch him up before now was a serious oversite on their part. However their loss was entirely his gain. There were things that people simply couldn't live without. Power, Technology, and refreshments. Amor had invested in GMH, RaiCorp, and Charjacola, but there was one other service that often went overlooked. The mail. People often needed things delivered to them be it rain, sleet, or snow. The mail had to be delivered eventually, and with that came profit. Especially if there was an ambitious young man who had nothing but a dream, and the clothes on his back.

So Amor stood inside of a medium sized building. It had two stories, the bottom was more of a front, and the top could be modeled into a bedroom, or an office. And it had two storage buildings around it. He had purchased this property along with three others in three other cities that were similar to it. Today Amor was going to help a young entrepreneur along, and he was prepared to make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Though he wouldn't make it unfair.

He remembered all to keenly being a struggling youth in an unfair world. Taking advantage of them wasn't what he was after. And no matter how much money he gave them it couldn't buy loyalty or goodwill. However actions could garner those things, and that is what he was truly after.

So he waited for the young man to arrive to their appointment, Walter was waiting out front for him. It was like he was helping a little brother, it was a nice feeling.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
New Horizons (C)
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 16:55:09 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heartmail"]
[attr="class","heartpicmail"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlistmail"]

[attr="class","heartpkmnmail"]

[attr="class","hearticonholdermail"]
[attr="class","hearticonmail"]
[attr="class","heartnoteboxmail"]
[attr="class","heartnotesmail"]

notes

[attr="class","heartsidemail"]

[attr="class","hearttagmail"]

[attr="class","hearttextboxmail"]

[attr="class","hearttextmail"]
The building in front of him seemed a bit small for someone like Mr. Rose, though it was still likely outside of Locke's own Rent budget. Two stories high with room to the sides, it was hardly anything for someone on his level to sneeze at.

[break][break]

And at least it wasn't another cave.

[break][break]

They still had no idea what Rose Industries' CEO had summoned them for though, and walking inside provided no further clues as they found the place surprisingly unfurnished, as spotless as if it were just bought that morning.

[break][break]

"If this is a moving job I'll have to pick up some muscle before we start," the courier announced. That was, of course, assuming their Machoke and Vigoroth could cooperate for an afternoon.

Nano

[newclass=.heartmail]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#F5EBEB; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicmail] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #F5EBEB, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/wNIShce.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonmail] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/kpVDEBG.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistmail] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmnmail] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#F5EBEB; border:solid 1px #B49BA5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxmail] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail b] color:#B49BA5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsidemail] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxmail] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #B49BA5; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesmail] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttagmail] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholdermail] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #B49BA5; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#B49BA5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesmail::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesmail::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#B49BA5; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
New Horizons (C)
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 14:51:56 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
At the young mans assumption of that they were just moving things he let out a good natured laugh, and shook his head.

"Oh no this isn't for me Mr. Jamison. You see after our encounters, I looked into you. A young man on his own, and seemingly broke. With nothing but the clothes on your back, and a can do attitude. You started up a small delivery company despite having nowhere to seemingly live, and have eeked out no small amount of fame." There was nothing but respect in Amor's eyes, and words as he talked to Locke. It was almost as if he was treating him as an equal for some reason.

"While it may surprise you, I am no stranger to adversity. I like people like you. That despite all the odds being against you, you still wake up, and keep trying, and never let the worlds pressure crush you. I like that." Amor stated simply, because hugs didn't make diamonds, only the cruelest pressure imaginable made those valuable gems that everyone desired. "So I've summoned you here today with an offer. An offer of course which you can refuse with no consequences. I would like to invest in your delivery company. I have a knack for spending exorbitant amounts of money on things I find value in. Just ask my friend . I gave him thirty million dollars once. Pretty sure he, and his wife had a heart attack." Amor stated with a slight smile.

Though Josh had already been fine, and well off. Locke was different he hadn't had it easy up to this point. Amor hoped to change the boys fortunes on this very day.

"While I don't want your head to explode, or your heart for that matter. I'm going to hand you a blank check. As long as it doesn't exceed thirty million, since I don't want my best friend to get jealous. I will pay whatever price you ask. Though you also cannot ask for less than one million, and there is a reason for that." Amor said to him. "With this investment comes great responsibility. It will be up to you to figure out how to become self sustainable. To make enough on your own without me, so that you needn't rely on me for future funding one day. And to accomplish that, you are going to need a bit more than pocket change." Amor didn't want Locke to feel like he was holding this over him as some sort of way to blackmail him for the future hence why the caveat of him becoming his own boss was in there.

"This building if you accept my offer will be yours. It's big enough for you to expand with a few employees, and the storage buildings on the side will keep your goods safe. I have also purchased three other buildings in other cities for your future use if you ever decide to truly branch out." Doing that preemptively, it was almost like Amor never saw failure in this boys future for some reason. "But for now this is the one that is yours. The paperwork is already done, everything is already paid for, I have even paid off the bills for the next year so you can get some wind under your sails, and not have to struggle so hard so early." He explained to him.

Of course Amor didn't realize that this perhaps would overload the boy, so he just kept talking.

"Ah yes, and it will come with this." Amor said as he pulled out two credit cards. One was platinum, and the other was jet black. "This one is for business expenses." He held up the black card. "This one is for your personal use, I have put a small amount of money in it, to help alleviate some of the troubles in your life." Was this more than necessary? Probably, but Amor either didn't care, or didn't know. "I realized during my research with you, you had zero credit built up, this will help out with that, despite it being a necessary evil.. Of course when you feel you have outgrown them, feel free to return them at your leisure."

This was almost too good to be true. Like a fairy tale come to life. But Amor finally stopped talking, and waited to hear Lockes answer.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights