fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
hoenn congress of virology
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 0:50:34 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

Since the fall of the dome life was beginning to return to a semblance of normalcy throughout Hoenn. [break][break]

International travel recommenced, communication lines were reestablished. And academic conferences were once again on the docket for professors like .[break][break]

The Hoenn Congress of Virology (HCV) was one such conference, showcasing the research of scientists and students throughout the region. There were even a few last-minute attendees from other regions who had managed to secure plane tickets for the event. [break][break]

It was the first day of the conference, mid-afternoon after the morning's presentations. Dr. Gideon Graves could be found browsing through the poster session, conversing with several of the grad students at their posters. [break][break]

One in particular caught his eye:[break][break]

Pet ownership, interactions, and Pokémon-associated disease risks in Hoenn households
[break]

It tugged at a research idea that had been on his mind since early March concerning the emergence of Pokérus from a venue called The Hatchery. He nodded toward the presentation, indicating for his ROTOM (currently within a small tablet), Scribe, to take note of it.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -40px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 1:37:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It was nice to see the borders open up once more. Scientific collaboration shouldn’t be shackled by the confines of angry deities and their moody masters. With a semblance of normalcy returning to Hoenn, so did the Professor’s other obligations. She felt more spread thin than ever – AQUA functions, more research, avatarship, outreach. The focus on the meteor was stressful but it allowed her to focus on one thing rather than twelve.

[break][break]

But so is the life of a scientist. The world never had just one question that needed answered.

[break][break]

Eva had her own list of questions that required a bit more contemplation. Attending a conference like this only added to that list. Reading yet another poster that piqued her interest, the Professor sighed, signaling her own RotomPhone to snap a picture of the poster for later deliberation.

[break][break]

“Zoonotic disease, the crux of One health,” she hummed out loud to no one in particular except the tall brunette standing beside her admiring the same poster.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 21:06:29 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

That it is,” He found himself responding; Gideon agreed so readily in his mind that the comment just slipped right out. Still, with the first venture into conversation made, he wasn’t going to stop now.[break][break]

Overlapping into all three realms.” His gaze was still on the presentation before them as he spoke. Whoever the author was appeared to be absent, perhaps taking a late lunch.[break][break]

The poster itself showcased data on various pathogens, including bacterial, parasitic, fungal, and viral diseases and their pet sources, incidence rate, and human infection severity. Of note was that most Pokémon reservoirs were of canine and feline species, the most popular type of household pet.[break][break]

Most people would be surprised to know what their pets can come home with.” The list detailed in the data table before them was only the tip of the iceberg.[break][break]

I was just thinking how this reminded me of the Pokérus outbreak that happened a few months ago,” Gideon mused, craning his head toward the woman beside him. “Not a zoonotic disease, but an uninvited guest nonetheless.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -40px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 19:47:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva silently nodded in agreement although it was the stranger that was agreeing with her. The professor’s mind was distracted by the data, ticking through the validity of it and what that meant for the conclusion made by this particular study. It wasn’t anything profound, just something the public would find particularly interesting as had already pointed out.

[break][break]

What was unfortunate was this was also an opportunity for a attention grabbing magazine to run a distasteful article on the risks of owning pokemon as pets. With proper preventative medicine and hygiene, these diseases were a limited risk, but the article would likely no make it seem that way.

[break][break]

Eva’s head tilted in curiosity at the mention of the Pokerus. Her emerald eyes first glanced up at the tall brunette. They sparkled with curiosity, “Yes, that was particularly interesting,” so far, the virus seemed benign, no observable side effects – that didn’t mean it would remain that way, “I noticed there aren’t many posters or talks on the subject, have you seen any I may be missing?” that was a particular pathogen that interested her, especially with no many Hoenn pokemon documented to have active titers to the virus.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 0:25:31 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"I haven't, no." He responded with a sigh, reflexively scanning down the lanes of poster presentations. "Which is a shame, really. Especially considering the... dubious circumstances surrounding the outbreak site."[break][break]

Perhaps the Hoennian government had had its own team of scientists evaluate the threat of the virus. Still, little had been communicated to the public in that regard.[break][break]

Turning back to the woman beside him, Gideon caught sight of the nametag attached to a lanyard around her neck. All conference attendees had to wear one, including himself.[break][break]

"Dr. Morales," His voice pitched a little higher in pleasant surprise. "I'm familiar with some of your work. I found your recent paper on the new Electrode variant quite fascinating."[break][break]

He extended a hand in greeting.[break][break]

"Dr. Gideon Graves, adjunct professor at Slateport University and director of the National Museum of Natural History."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 4:25:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Dubious was one way to put it. Her brows rose in contemplation, accompanied by a nod in agreement. It really was disturbing but intriguing circumstances. In a way, she was happy to not see much work being presented – it made her feel not that far behind. Unfortunately, she always felt like she was struggling to catch up with her own to do list. Fluxing priorities always seemed to shift the order.

[break][break]

The surprise in his voice brought her back to the conversation at hand. Her emerald gaze flicked down to his own nametag, “Oh, thank you,” she smiled, a faint blush reaching her cheeks, “And please, just call me Eva,” she took his hand in greeting, giving her colleague a firm handshake, “Nice to meet you, Dr. Graves. It’s wonderful to meet the director of one of my favorite museums,” her smile grew a little brighter. She had yet to visit Hoenn’s natural history museum but she knew it would be her favorite. She always loved museums focused on the subject.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 1:05:47 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"Eva." He repeated after her, more than willing to conform to her boundaries. "Then please, call me Gideon. And I'm glad to hear we're a favorite."[break][break]

He smiled faintly, though it didn't even crease the corners of his eyes. was less expressive than most, but he made up for this deficiency with his passion for knowledge.[break][break]

"Is Pokérus a research interest of yours?" He probed, his voice more conversational than anything else. "I'll admit, I've been vying for funding to try and get a study going."[break][break]

One of the many things that made Pokérus interesting to Gideon was its ability to infect nearly all species of Pokémon. This was basically unheard of in modern virology. Trying to win grants for a viral infection with few detrimental effects, however, had been a struggle.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:26:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Gideon it is then,” she confirms with a gentle nod. She steps away as two other researchers come towards the poster to read it. She motions for Gideon to follow her so they could walk and talk as they strolled through the poster presentations.

[break][break]

“Yes, it interests me greatly,” she admits with a brief glance up at the professor as they fall into stride beside each other, “It’s quite the fascinating pathogen. I’m surprised you haven’t been able to acquire the funding,” though she understands why, to a degree. The more time she spends with The League, the more distant she becomes from the struggles of the university researcher. The League had nearly endless funding. She didn’t have to write grants anymore. All she had to do was request the funds with minimal explanation and poof! They appeared.

[break][break]

“It doesn’t seem to be a problem now but . . .” she hesitates for a moment, but curious to know what her colleague may think of her theories, “I’m afraid it might have a trigger. Like a retrovirus or herpesvirus that needs to be turned on to cause an actual problem,” she pauses again, “That’s something we should figure out beforehand, don’t you think?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:41:14 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Follow he does, keeping in step with — an admittedly more difficult thing than one might imagine, given their disparity in height. [break][break]

Gideon listened as his colleague described her thoughts, nodding along in agreement as he did so. She made some great points.[break][break]

"Yes, exactly. Preemptive knowledge would be pivotal if that were the case." It could be the difference between having the knowledge needed to prevent catastrophe and innumerable casualties piling up across the region.[break][break]

"There's increased potential for mutation, as well, considering how widespread Pokérus is. It seems harmless now, but that might not always be true."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 0:38:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva’s smile brightens, delighted to hear her concerns validated by an equally as inquisitive colleague. Her mind churns with the old projects buried under a pile of more pressing matters. It seemed impossible to get everything done. True to her roots, Eva plants the seed of collaboration.[break][break]

“You know, Gideon,” she begins once they are out of the crowd. Since she sets the pace, she slows it and lets him comfortably find a place beside her, “I have some funds set aside for evaluation of the Pokerus,” naturally, it got set aside in favor of studying the meteor, “I think a collaboration between Slateport University and The League Research Division is long overdue, don’t you?” she grin up at him, knowing he’s smart enough to glean the meaning behind her words.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 18:36:35 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

was no stranger to collaboration. It was an inherent part of their field, after all. So when smiled, he offered a sly little smile back, immediately grasping the implication of her proposal.[break][break]

Much overdue.” He confirmed, nodding down at the woman walking beside him. Not having to worry about funding was such a fairytale outcome, not to mention the prospect of partnering with one of the region’s top scientists – Gideon couldn’t believe his luck. It was sure to be a mutually fruitful venture.[break][break]

I look forward to working with you, Eva.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 19:19:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva’s smile curves into a knowing grin. She maintains her gaze, satisfied and expectant, “I very much look forward to working with you as well, Gideon,” she extends a hand to seal their intentions of collaboration. After a firm shake, she nods, “Excuse me, but I must go prepare for my lecture. I’ll be reaching out shortly. Keep an eye out for my email,” she turns to wander back down the hall, only pausing briefly to glance over her shoulder one last time.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,996 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 3:07:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: