Ashley Shepard
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 22:44:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The end.

The trigger is already pulled. The bullet is expended. The stranger is already floored. All that remains is what comes after. That's all there is to it.

The mission had been simple. Someone had been lost on the trails. An easy kill, as it could be covered up. They had a name at one point, but Ashley has to do his best to keep himself from remembering it. Remembering them would mean that they were a person. A person has a life. A person has parents. A person had friends, maybe even a lover. To assume that it is merely a thing somehow helps him rationalize it in his head.

He doesn't want to remember how he got here now, laying on the grass in the pouring icy rain. He doesn't want to remember the level of dizziness he felt, watching the bullet impact the skin, and dig its way in to end that thing, because remembering that means he has to remember the horror on its face in that its own rescuers were intent to make that Missing Person's report correct for years to come.

The rain kept matting on his face. His silver eyes look up towards those dark gray clouds. The smell of puke is somewhere in the air. Ashley doesn't remember whose.

had shown him how. Zev was teaching him how to get past this. This response is human. "... fuck."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 11:28:50 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Ashley had not been kidding. He could take a life. Zev had watched with all the coldness of a seasoned professional, possessing an inner world reminiscent of the heat death of a universe. The aimed gun. The pulled trigger. The fired bullet.[break][break]

Zev had also watched as Ashley wavered and dropped the gun. Vomited. Staggered away only to collapse onto his knees before lowering himself onto his back.[break][break]

Weak.[break][break]

After allowing Ashley a couple of minutes, Zev walked over to his prone form. "Get up," he ordered, his deep voice unflinching in its command. "We have to get rid of the corpse."[break][break]

It would be sloppy to simply leave it for the police to discover.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: A Deadly Job

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 10:27:55 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
How long had he been here? With the order of the deep voice from above, he can feel himself come back to sanity, as he rolls onto his back. Zev was unflinching, relentless.

Fuck, what had he gotten himself into? This guy was innocent. It wasn't like the execution years ago. No, that was... that was political. This was just for the shits and giggles, and as he forces himself to his feet, he turns to face the body, and grabs at his mouth again.

"..." The remnants of his lunch was on his lips, as he nods wordlessly, taking a moment to just...

To just settle.

He was right though. If they found it, Ashley would be found out. He'd be taken away from everything. From his friends, from his home, his Pokemon. Kep.

He swallows it back down.

"Yeah..." Bile, disgust, everything. "Bury?" He isn't sure which it is on his face. Rain, or sweat. Probably some combo of both.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 16:03:47 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Ashley might have thought the man they had found, then promptly killed, was just an innocent bystander, but Zev knew that was not the case. After all, he was not the kind of murderer who killed people 'for shits and giggles'. He was a professional. All of his killings had a point and a purpose.[break][break]

The unnamed corpse lying a few feet away had been a former Blackwell loyalist who'd managed to remain hidden all these years, going so far as to change his name and get plastic surgery. An unrelenting investigation had finally culminated in his discovery, and Zev thought it would be the perfect opportunity to test Ashley's constitution.[break][break]

"Burying them is what I usually do," the hitman said, nodding. The rain had turned the earth to mud, though, which would make their work harder. "Do you have a Pokémon that can DIG?"[break][break]

Even before Ashley could answer, Zev had a Pokéball in hand. He knew how to do the work, but it was important for Ashley — and his Pokémon — to do the brunt of it that day.[break][break]

"There's plenty of cover here thanks to the trees, and we're already pretty far from the main trails. We just have to dig a deep enough hole that the corpse won't be detectable before decomposition does its work."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 8:00:39 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
If this were merely a test of Ashley's constitution, he probably had shamed Zev, to some degree with such a disgusting showing. Of course, it's not his first kill, so the harrowing hellscape that his mind would wallow in likely wouldn't completely consume him like that first time. But it still... it hit him. That feeling of taking life. That self-loathing, painful years with Theo, they all come flooding back, as he can feel that bile on his tongue.

He'd probably take a few days to look at himself now. He wondered if Kep could look at him, but he quietly reasons to himself this makes him stronger. This makes him a better Rocket. This puts him in a position.

He needs this. For him.

That's the beginning of the lie.

"Y-Yeah..." He starts, holding out his Pokeball now, releasing what is a Nidorino onto the scene, Reinhardt giving a look at Ashley, a squinted glare to Zev, but a concerned shot back towards Ashley. The Nidorino was not impressed. When Ashley gives the command, he grows a little more spine. "Earth Power. Dig up a small hole."

It doesn't take long for the Nidorino to do just that, throwing his legs up, and smashing them into the ground, former a new small crater in the ground, enough so to allow for more work to be done, as Reinhardt begins to dig. Ashley turns to Zev. "... thanks. I know I'm not the best for this, or even a great student. But I appreciate your teaching." Despite this road not being one Ashley ever wanted to re-acknowledge. Oh well.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 3:03:41 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Upon the Nidorino's release, Zev returned the Pokéball in his hand to his belt. His own Nidoking rested in that capsule. If he were any other person, the fact that he and Ashley used the same line of Pokémon for such a task would amuse him, but Zev felt nothing — no sense of kinship or even amusement.[break][break]

"No one starts out good at something they do the first time. Or the first few times," Zev said. Despite the reassuring words, his tone was anything but. "That's why we're doing this: so you can get used to it."[break][break]

Turning away from Ashley, Zev considered the corpse. Normally, he would have his Cofagrigus handle moving bodies, but he had a different plan that day.[break][break]

Crouching down, Zev rifled through the dead man's pockets for a moment, removing a Rotom phone, a set of keys, a wallet, and a map of the local hiking trails. After pocketing these, he moved to stand at the corpse's head.[break][break]

"Grab his ankles and help me move him into the hole," he instructed Ashley, bending over to grasp the body by the armpits.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 9:15:12 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Oh... they were gonna do this by hand. Right. Ashley felt more sick that he had to be near it still, but he takes solace in the fact that Zev was by the head... for five seconds. Because now, he got a full scan of the guy, and he could feel himself wanting to hurl again. But he swallows down that disgusting taste, wordlessly gripping the ankles, and helping Zev with the deed as Reinhardt dug.

Maybe it's the fact that Zev just dug into those pockets and took the wallet, the phone, the keys, the map, but it turned the corpse into not a thing, but a person, and that is what nearly brought Ashley to drop him.

But.

He can't explain it. A fear creeping up his spine. If he drops them, what Zev could say... or do. Zev can do it so seamlessly too. This. It was terrifying. It's this terrifying respect from Ashley. He decides not to push his luck. No dropping the guy. Nope.

When Reinhardt jumps out, the hole dug enough, Ashley helps best he can to get the body in the hole. He's almost dry heaving, but he keeps his composure. "There. I'll start filling the hole." Out of sight, out of mind, right?

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 13:41:35 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The corpse of an adult male human was usually between 150 and 200 pounds of dead, useless weight. Someone like Zev, who was in good shape from regular training at the gym, would be able to move a corpse by himself, but it would still require considerable exertion. By halving the effort, Ashley was an immense help — provided he kept it together until the body was in the hole.[break][break]

And thankfully, he did. Zev watched the younger man's face carefully. Ashley was making a valiant effort to appear collected and calm, though Zev could see the tightness in his jaw and the way he kept swallowing.[break][break]

There was little else to teach Ashley with this particular body. Zev nodded at the other man's comment.[break][break]

"Your Pokémon can do it," he said, gesturing to the Nidorino waiting patiently near his master. "We'll teleport to separate locations after this and meet back up on the submarine for a debrief."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 5:07:22 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ashley was able to keep it together, but it wasn't without its own costs. For instance, he can feel his stomach unravel, as he nods and has Reinhardt do just that, the Nidorino beginning to use EARTH POWER again to cover the body. It was handy to have a Ground type in cases like this.

When Zev gave the order of where they go after, he nods, and just grabs at his mouth. Now that the body was out of sight, and out of mind, he could at the very least breathe. It wouldn't leave him anytime soon, but at least... he learned. He was getting an understanding of himself, of his limits.

Last time, with Theo, he never bothered to measure. It was always too much, but this was more calculated.

If there was one safety he felt from Zev, any one at all, it was that despite how he was, he at least knew there was comfort in taking this in a much less Theo-way. Though he wondered how well he'd sleep tonight. Right now though, with the body gone? He was calming down already.

"Kay. I'll port over to Fortree. I may need to take a little to get to the sub. Refill my stomach." He took a second to at least look down, and back to Zev.

"Let me buy you food. As thanks." It was free food at least. He didn't want to, but Ashley would never be this far by himself.

Offer going once.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 14:36:30 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The corpse disappeared beneath a growing pile of black earth. Zev watched dispassionately as Ashley turned away to recenter himself. The younger man had a long way to go if he wanted to achieve his goals of becoming an Admin and killing his father with the same apathy of a chef cutting into raw steak.[break][break]

The two Rockets would have to go on many hunts together until Ashley was desensitized. But there were other options, too. The only corpses a man encountered didn't have to be those made by himself.[break][break]

Ashley's offer of food was unexpected, prompting Zev to raise an eyebrow. He wondered after the younger man's intentions.[break][break]

Shrugging, Zev released his Xatu from a Pokéball. The enigmatic bird chirped up at him. "Do whatever you want," he said to Ashley. "See you at headquarters."[break][break]

And then he was gone, blinking out of sight with the familiar hiss of teleportation.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
devil trigger [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 6:12:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: