awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 17:05:15 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea stood by the shoreline, hands on her waist, as she gazed at the vast blueness of the Hoennian ocean, known throughout the world for its abundance of water. She took a long, deep breath of salty sea air, and nodded to herself.

"This looks like the perfect spot. Come out, Tentacool!" She sent out her perfectly normal Tentacool that just happened to be brown and walk on two legs. There was definitely nothing out of the ordinary about this off-colored, non-swimming Tentacool.

Despite its trainer's encouragement, the squid-like creature did not seem keen on getting anywhere near the water. "C'mon, you have to learn how to swim! What kind of Water type are you?" The dragon-costumed girl insisted, pouting ever so slightly.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 17:54:43 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
Walking along the coast was not Elisabeth's usual choice of wintertime activity, but she was restless for a change of pace, and her young Sprigatito seemed impossible to exhaust and tire. Perhaps a long walk along the beach would succeed in ways that strolls in the Petalburg Woods failed to.[break][break]

"Spriggles, no," she said with a click of her tongue, disapproving as the small cat batted at an irate Krabby on the sand.
"That's how you get snipped at. Play nice."[break][break]

Spriggles mewled, disgruntled, but put his paws away obediently. Only when Elisabeth's back was turned did he swipe at the Krabby again, only to get clawed at in warning. It was enough to spook the cat away, scampering back to the safety of his trainer.[break][break]

But her attention was now on another odd scene entirely.[break][break]

The seemingly-walking-Tentacool and its trainer were engaged in some kind of bizarre standoff, one that Elisabeth couldn't quite piece together -- was she trying to make it swim? Was it not interested in swimming?[break][break]

She blinked, realizing she had been watching for too long, and almost made to leave before she got involved in some unwanted nonsense.[break][break]

Spriggles, however, bounded forward and began to meow at the Tentacool helpfully.[break][break]

Of course.[break][break]

"Are you experiencing some difficulty?" Elisabeth asked, the very picture of politeness.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Paldean Perusal.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 20:25:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea greeted the newcomer with an equally polite smile. "Yeah, I can't get my Tentacool to go into the water. She's always walking on land instead, it's so weird! Oh hi, kitty." She reached down to pet the green feline. She'd never seen a Pokémon like that one before.

Turning her attention back to her own Pokémon, the dragon-hooded girl hummed in deep thought. "Hmm, if the weather was a bit warmer, I'd put my swimsuit on and we could go into the water together." She cheerfully suggested, hoping to ease it into the idea that way.

The land-dwelling squid began sweating profusely, and wildly shook its head.

The girl blinked in confusion. "What's that a no to? You don't want me to wear a swimsuit? Well, I'd have to wear something. Skinny-dipping is prohibited by Hoenn law." She casually said.

Of course, what the squid was actually protesting was the very idea of going for a swim, since it didn't want to drown at sea. Alas, it couldn't speak like a human to properly convey that.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 3:07:31 GMT
[nospaces]
Spriggles purred with pleasure at the pets, being given his just due as an adorable feline creature.[break][break]

"I'm not so sure swimming this time of year is wise," Elisabeth began, eyeing the peculiar clothing the other woman was wearing with some skepticism.[break][break]

Indeed, a BIG FREEZE or a BIG CHILL seemed to have taken over Hoenn since winter began. Elisabeth couldn't fathom wanting to swim at the moment, skinny dipping or otherwise. The time of Splashfest felt faraway and distant, a summer that had blinked out in an instant.[break][break]

She stared a moment longer at the unhappy Pokémon vigorously shaking his head, and pursed her lips.[break][break]

"Are you so sure it's a Tentacool?" she said suddenly. "I've never seen this variant before."[break][break]

While Elisabeth currently did not possess a Tentacool of her own, she had studied enough of their toxins in the Rocket labs to feel comfortable with their general anatomy. None, to her knowledge, had ever stood as this one did in front of her.[break][break]

Which seemed suspicious.[break][break]

"How long have you had this Pokémon?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 9:36:15 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young PokéManiac tilted her dragon-hooded head quizzically. "How long? I actually caught her a few days ago." She replied, thinking back to how bewildered she had been to see an aquatic Pokémon atop Mt. Chimney.

"I'm pretty sure she's a Tentacool, though. I've lived in Hoenn my entire life. I know what a Tentacool looks like." The onesie-clad woman added, ever unyielding in her beliefs.

A vein of anger bulged on the squid's bulbous head. Wanting to prove its trainer wrong, it sprayed its Stun Spore into the air, forcing Andrea to cover her mouth and nose in order to avoid breathing in the spores. "Tentacool! What did you do that for?!" The girl yelled while coughing.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 8:19:50 GMT
[nospaces]
The STUN SPORE caused Elisabeth's eyes to widen, and she regarded the 'Tentacool' thoughtfully, reaching for her Pokedex.[break][break]

Silently she held it up to the oddly behaving Pokémon, only for the device to whirr, pulling up an error screen.[break][break]

"It doesn't seem to recognize the Pokémon as a Tentacool," she said mildly, holding the Pokedex up. "So either Silph Co. is conspicuously lacking in that area of Pokémon categorization, or..."[break][break]

A hand gestured to the Sprigatito purring at her legs, oblivious to the trainers' puzzlement.[break][break]

"Perhaps this Pokémon might be yet another one of the unexpected migrants from the rifts?"[break][break]

One not especially fond of swimming, at that.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 11:12:30 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Huh, that's weird..." The dragon-hooded girl pulled out her Rotom Phone in turn. Though her Pokédex app had been made by a different company, it too failed to recognize the Pokémon, displaying a bunch of question marks instead.

"I guess that means she's not a Tentacool after all." The girl sighed, putting her phone away. Someone really ought to update all those dexes with information on those newly appeared species in order to avoid confusions like these in the future.

The eccentric cosplayer once again turned her attention to the other woman's Sprigatito. "Is your kitty a migrant too, ma'am? No wonder I've never seen a Pokémon like that one before." She mused, while her Toedscool waved its root-like tentacle in a form of greeting.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 4:34:06 GMT
[nospaces]
"He is," Elisabeth said with a bright laugh as the feline Pokemon rubbed against her affectionately. "I found him wandering out in my gardens outside of Petalburg. It took me some investigating to learn they are calling them 'Sprigatito.' Supposedly they originated in the Paldean region?"[break][break]

She knelt down to pet the small Pokémon, who then promptly got bored of the attention and wandered off to play at the Toedscool. Typical. Cats.[break][break]

"I feel like Hoenn gets stranger day by day. Just when things feel they have calmed down, something new happens to turn the world upside down."[break][break]

She pondered the unusual not-a-Tentacool, performing silent mental calculations. "Have you considered it might be a Grass-type? Those spores it released earlier -- they remind me of Stun Spores. No, I'm positive that's what they are," she corrected herself.[break][break]

Afflictions were her preferred method of battle. She was too familiar with the technique not to recognize it.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 10:11:50 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea pensively gazed at her Toedscool playing with the lady's Sprigatito, though it looked more like the verdant feline was relentlessly chasing the poor mollusk around. Again, typical cat behavior.

"I thought it looked like a spore move, but Pokémon can learn all sorts of weird moves, you know? Like how Nidoking can learn all the elemental attacks." The younger woman mused, before humming in deep thought. "Hmm, swimming is out. What would be the next best way to train a Grass type? I actually don't own that many Grass types." She sheepishly admitted, rubbing the back of her dragon-hooded head.

As a PokéManiac, Andrea preferred Pokémon that looked big, rugged and monstrous, not elegant Pokémon that had flowers sprouting all over them. That stuff was for girls!

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 4:52:14 GMT
[nospaces]
Elisabeth contemplated the Toedscool, before observing aloud, "It reminds me of a mushroom, a little bit. Don't you think?"[break][break]

How did one raise Grass-type Pokémon, indeed?[break][break]

She'd never thought to consider her specialty from that angle. Gardening had been such a part of her life for so long, tending to Grass-type Pokémon had just naturally flowed from that.[break][break]

"To be honest, they mostly like sunlight, and as much time outdoors as you can allow. My Roselia likes sugar water, but I don't know if that's a universal trait."[break][break]

She clicked her tongue, thinking.[break][break]

"I'd also remember they usually don't eat the same things that other Pokémon typically do. Meat, for example. All of mine love berries, though."[break][break]

The Sprigatito pawed at the mollusk's legs, making it tap-dance away from the kitten's curiosity.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 13:30:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Sunlight, time outdoors, berries." The eccentric trainer took mental notes. Most of her traveling companions were meat lovers, so it hadn't even crossed her mind that some Pokémon could be herbivores... or in this case actual plants.

The Sprigatito probably thought it was very fun toying with the Toedscool, but the poor mollusk was not having a great time, sweating profusely as it tried to repeatedly dodge the kitten's playful paws. Its tap-dancing movements were clumsy and devoid of grace, but simultaneously fascinating.

Fortunately, its trainer saved it from an endless cycle of torment by calling the Toedscool back into its ball. "Time for us to go. We should find plenty of sunlight and berries on the other side of Petalburg Woods. Thank you for the advice, ma'am!" Andrea waved goodbye at the Grass type specialist, before running off in search of greener pastures.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Cool Tent [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 3:58:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: