moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
Maybe this is what I get for leaving you out in the cold. Drag my body to the woods and let me go.
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
highly suspect [bar crawl]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 17:08:05 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Shinra brought work home with him. This night would have been no different, regardless of the occasion, but for reasons unbeknownst to him he was attempting to loosen control over his life. Alcohol helped, he'd been told. He wasn't an avid drinker, but the smokey taste of bourbon paired with citrus in the Ritual's old-fashioned wasn't a difficult drink to start on in his decline into alcoholism.
[break][break]
Regardless, Ritual wasn't exactly his style of place, he found. However, had he been working, it might have been ideal if the rumors were to be believed about the occupants that infested its lower half like roaches in a crawl space. But he wasn't here for work, he reminded himself. accused him of not having a life and maybe she was right. What did he like to do if it didn't including busting some Rocket operation or literal kneecaps? He didn't know
[break][break]
How depressing.
[break][break]
Sure, maybe he didn't spend his time crawling around slums and fighting rings like some people, but that didn't mean he was boring. He nursed his drink and continued descending into this existential crisis he did not sign up for. He was too damn old for this.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"][attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#64CDCD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 23:26:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]
[attr="class","gunnertext"]

[attr="class","gunnerpkmn"]

The Ritual was not one of Gunner's usual bars, but it was closest to the Wesson & Sons office, and there was no better way to celebrate the last day of work before the holiday than with a drink or two. It meant he only had one job to focus on for the next couple of weeks — his real one.[break][break]

Upon entering, he paused in the doorway for a visual sweep, out of habit. Though he did not see any immediate threats, he did notice something unexpected: , seated at the bar.[break][break]

"Enjoying Slateport's sights, Moro?" Gunner asked, his neutral expression a contrast to the dry quip. He slid into the bar stool beside his former partner and picked up a nearby drink menu. A slip of paper featuring a holiday special — a bowl of ice cream and port — slipped from between two pages.[break][break]

"What's your poison for tonight?" the special agent asked.

[attr="class","gunnerooc"][break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
Maybe this is what I get for leaving you out in the cold. Drag my body to the woods and let me go.
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 19:10:04 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

He'd not anticipated the voice, certainly not one so familiar. There were very few people in Hoenn that he would claim were familiar with him, and most of them were behind bars. So, he discerned the culprit before seeing the blonde for himself. "Oh, Graves, we seem to be making a delightful habit of this." Not that he was complaining, Gunner was one of the few he didn't dread meeting again, quite the opposite. Though never under such informal circumstances. It did intrigue him to know if the other man even knew how to relax, but that was a pretty hypocritical thought coming from he-who-takes-work-home-with-him.
[break][break]
Gunner wasn't dressed for the work he knew him by, so he could only conceive that it was his other work attire. "I've been told I should take more time for my personal life." Considering he didn't have much of one, this was a start. "You seem to just be getting off work?"
[break][break]
He regarded the drink still nursed in his hand, not much progress had been made but he was still acquiring a taste for it. "An Old-Fashioned, if you're a bourban man. I am still learning to be."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 14:54:51 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

"You should. I should, too," Gunner admitted. "I hear it's healthy to have a balance and separate between one's work life and personal life. Maybe look into doing something on weekends. I play chess at Slateport Park on Sundays if the weather's good, for example."[break][break]

Though recently, between the rifts opening across the region, the crystals from space embedded into the earth, and his work investigating Prescott Industries, Gunner rarely had time for chess on Sundays.[break][break]

"And yeah, the law firm is closed for the rest of the year starting tomorrow. We had a mixed holiday party with Christmas-themed cupcakes and Hanukkah cookies. Someone had even brought a chocolate Yule log cake."[break][break]

Gunner's gaze considered the bourbon cocktail in Shinra's hand upon the other man's mention of it. He closed the drinks menu, returning the slip of paper in between its pages.[break][break]

"An old fashioned sounds pretty good, actually." He waved down a bartender. "One old fashioned, please."

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 14:55:55 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

That was probably valuable advice and it was admittedly nice coming from some who seemed of similar mindset as him when it came to work. "Oh you like chess? One day we'll have to play, though you'll probably kick my ass." He smiled at that, there were a lot of things he used to do back when he was in Kanto, before the world seemed to burn down.
[break][break]
At some point though he'd allowed his regrets to form his personality, making up for old losses and never feeling satisfied. That was a hard way to live but maybe he could afford time for old passions. Whatever that had been. Oftentimes, he wondered if something was missing in him that existed in others, but that was an insecurity he wasn't about to discuss with a colleague.
[break][break]
"We never do anything interesting during the holidays." Correction: he never did anything interesting. Though maybe the quiet of it all was something to feel gratitude for. Things felt less messy, which for him was ideal.
[break][break]
"You ever feel a little lost in your work?" He didn't know why he asked that, it didn't feel shallow which was generally how he liked keeping conversation with others. "Sorry, don't have to answer that... suppose I'm feeling uninspired at the end of the year. It feels like a long one."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 11:23:09 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Shinra's interest in chess caused Gunner to sit a little straighter on his stool. "You like chess, too? Then come to Slateport Park this Sunday. One in the afternoon. It should be fairly quiet now that everyone's on holiday."[break][break]

Finding a chess partner at a random bar in the Lower District was the last thing Gunner had expected to do that night, but Shinra was no stranger to him. While they weren't exactly friends — the Shinra of the present day seemed like a man who didn't have friends — their relationship was amicable enough. Perhaps they could be friends one day.[break][break]

Gunner sighed. "It has been a long year," he agreed, feeling weary all of a sudden. "I'm just glad I made it through till the end."[break][break]

For a moment on that fateful night, on the peak of Mt. Pyre, he had wondered if he'd meet his death with Palkia looming above them all.[break][break]

But Shinra's question remained unanswered. Gunner raised an eyebrow at the other man. "What do you mean by 'lost in your work', though?"

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 19:40:03 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"I say I do, knowing you will most definitely destroy me." At least at first, he was a quick study, as was to be expected of his job. But there was no doubt that Gunner would beat him until the point he could cheat. He'd never claimed to be honest, himself.
[break][break]
"Has it been a good year though?" He couldn't say that it had been good for him, but it also was better by past circumstance. He was no longer in Kanto and that was always defeat for him, yet success could be found in simpler ways.
[break][break]
For a moment, he wondered if he should speak about these things. Especially not someone he found like-minded and similar to himself. "I work hard because I can't go home." He shrugged at that, "I'm beginning to realize when you live like that, you're never truly satisfied."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 22:02:13 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Gunner shrugged, unsure if he could really say it had been a good year. Ever since the Kanto War, when he'd quit his analyst job to become a special agent, when Sayori had died while on the phone with him, all the years tended to feel the same.[break][break]

Cold. Empty. Lonely.[break][break]

But that wasn't true, not really. He'd been spending more time with his brother . Then there was his new relationship with , even though he was using her as a means to an end.[break][break]

"I guess it's been a good year, yeah. How about for you?"[break][break]

What Shinra described as 'lost in the work' was a concept with which Gunner was familiar. While he did have a home — both in Slateport and in Fallarbor — he felt lost in the wake of Sayori's death. Unmoored. Only work had filled the void she'd left in his heart, but in a completely unsatisfactory way. Ultimately, nothing could replace the woman he had loved. Still loved.[break][break]

"Yeah, I know what you mean," was all Gunner felt like saying, his tone growing quiet and contemplative as he reflected on the recent past.

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 15:26:12 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

His life had been a bit more enigmatic than he typically liked. Shinra was more often the type that enjoyed remaining in control of it all. He had no family to rely upon so oftentimes these holidays were spent alone and his job had become more of a devotion than an occupation because of it. Of course, things felt more complicated after meeting , who should've been no more than another investigation (solved by now if anything). Clearly, she was a dirty cop, and yet his investigation was left open. She reminded him of himself, albeit grungier and with a far fouler temper. Yet lonely.
[break][break]
"I'm looking forward to the new year." He said simply, thankful that it was there at last. Maybe he'd wake out of this stupor and get his shit back together again.
[break][break]
His attention slipped away for a second as the other agreed. He appreciated that, but realized that idle conversation slipped away from him. "Sorry, I'm being a bit grim on a holiday. Aren't I?"

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 15:38:56 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Shinra's enigmatic answer was enough for Gunner. If his friend didn't wish to divulge his thoughts, so be it; he wasn't going to pry. Gunner himself wasn't exactly being forthcoming, either.[break][break]

"We're drinking at a bar. I think being a bit grim is par for the course," the blonde replied with a slight smile. While many other patrons were loudly chattering and getting deeper into their cups, other customers sat with a more subdued demeanor. Such was the nature of bars.[break][break]

Gunner downed the rest of his old fashioned, feeling as if the conversation had run its course. He signaled for the bartender to bring over his check. After paying, Gunner turned once more to Shinra.[break][break]

"I'll see you on Sunday for chess?"

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
97 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 15:57:17 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
"Yeah, I suppose you're right." He laughed at that, but it was dry.
[break][break]
Gunner was intriguing, in a way that likely wouldn't constitute friendliness to many people. Under his skin, Shinra wasn't a friendly person. He enjoyed the blonde's bluntness, yet even more so his guarded disposition. In truth, he'd much rather pry open his skull and see what lived inside, rather than entertain flat conversation over an over-priced drink.
[break][break]
The truth was what had made this year less memorable than those before was that he no longer had a war to survive through. He hadn't just survived, he'd thrived. He enjoyed the excuse to feel alive, even if he'd lost a part of himself in the process, even if that made him a mosnter. And he never got that feeling from anything else.
[break][break]
Still, he smiled then. "I'll be there."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 4:24:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: