jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 7:03:22 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","lyrics"] you bottle your love so tightly
[attr="class","littlejay"]

the night stretches on, and jayden finds himself swept up by various people as he's taken to the dance floor or encouraged to partake in an interview. it's nothing that he's not expecting, especially given his professional obligations, but he can't help but pitch with disappointment when he hasn't had a moment to spare with the only person that he actually wants to see.

[break][break] the young ceo catches at the bar, just as woman is pulled away. his expression shifts — inexplicably. something like hurt curls in his stomach at the sight, nearly enough to make him want to walk away.

[break][break] he doesn't.

[break][break] "hey," he says, voice soft as he approaches. the hurt fades from his eyes into soft affection as he regards the other admin, flashing a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "i've been looking all over for you."

[break][break] "how was your dance with ?"

[break][break] who is she?

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:saturate(1.5); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop .lyrics { font:bold 12px 'Quicksand'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:2px; padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Playfair+Display|Quicksand]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 5:47:21 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Fern is admittedly grateful for all of the distraction that provides in offering to trade bits of gossip and conversation. There's still a residual sting that simmers under the surface, hidden by Fern's coy smiles and vigor in picking others apart alongside their friend.[break][break]

By the time they split apart again, they think that perhaps it's okay. This is no more than a little blip and they're sturdier than some forlorn, mopey hound. But the self-directed, internal pep talk does little to actually prepare them for Jayden's sudden reappearance beside them.[break][break]

"Hi." Something softens underneath the sour feelings, and their lips twitch upward--until the question follows.[break][break]

"What?" Their gaze cuts to Jayden's, eyes narrowing slightly behind the mask as their expression warps with mild confusion. "I didn't dance with Oscar. I haven't really danced with anyone."[break][break]

That hadn't been their intent, but then Jayden had walked away. Promising to return, and now it's ages later. All the while, they have watched him at a distance, inconspicuously so, as he socialized and turned the floor with others who were not them.[break][break]

They should know better, but the grumble slips out, "Unlike you." More like a huff under their breath as their eyes slide away in a mix of petulance and shame for feeling so stupidly jealous.

[break][break]

[break]
+ outfit // hair // dragapult isp. mask[break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5fb2c9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 16:21:39 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"you didn't?"

[break][break] his brow furrows quizzically under the light of the gala, looking quite at odds with his very professional outfit. jayden could have sworn that he had left with fern last... perhaps the beast had other things to attend to.

[break][break] "i'm sorry," he says. "i'm sure there will be a chance later."

[break][break] he smiles, though it doesn't quite reach his eyes, even as he sits down next to fern.

[break][break] jayden reminds himself that there's no reason that he needs to be jealous. after all, fern was more than able to entertain company other than him. plus, it wasn't like he had been all by himself the entire time anyway. he had obligations due to work, social contracts that he had been pulled away from. speaking of, it was surprising that hadn't already found him...

[break][break] lost in his thoughts, he nearly almost missed the grumble that slipped out of his partner.

[break][break] he blinks.

[break][break] "you were watching me dance?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:saturate(1.5); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop .lyrics { font:bold 12px 'Quicksand'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:2px; padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 2:23:28 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “No? I was making conversation.” Fern huffs, glance sliding away as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Then his arms fold petulantly at the apology offered.[break][break]

“I don’t want to dance with Oscar, Michail.”[break][break]

One knee crosses over the other next as he steadily looks away, arms still knit together. No pet names, no softness. Just Michail, because he doesn’t know who might be listening. He’s technically Harper tonight, too.[break][break]

Then Jayden sits beside him and Fern almost caves, but he’s frustrated, so his glance slides sideways for a beat, then away again.[break][break]

What is there not to understand?[break][break]

“Of course I was watching you dance!” he blurts back, finally whirling toward the other, cheeks hot under the mask. “Do you think that felt nice? Watching you spend time with everyone except me?”[break][break]

Fern knew he probably sounded like a brat, but that was the truth of it. He wasn’t usually prone to jealousy, but he wasn’t thinking about any of this evening as work or obligations to see to. In short, it had all felt like a big, stinging rejection.[break][break]

And for what? An assumption?[break][break]

“You’d said you’d be back,” he muttered, still sulky as he looked away again, “that was ages ago.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 9:32:14 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

the more time that seemed to pass, the more bewildered jayden felt. fern hadn't wanted to dance with oscar? at the time, it had seemed so obvious.

[break][break] jayden had been disappointed, sure, because he had hopes to be their first dance but he also understood the importance of events such as this. oscar was a celebrated member of rocket's upper brass, so it would not have surprised jayden to learn that fern wanted to get to know him. and the last thing jayden ever wanted was to be suffocating to them.

[break][break] (even if the inner-most part of him wanted to be selfish, wanted to steal each and every moment with for his own safe-keeping.)

[break][break] “Of course I was watching you dance!”

[break][break] he blinks.

[break][break] "i — "

[break][break] jayden doesn't have a moment to intercept, because fern is blustering on again. the words come at him so quick, cutting through the space like blades of wind, creating microcuts in the skin. he's reminded of the virtual world with , where they'd practiced abilities of water, wind, and flame.

[break][break] he licks his bottom lip, feeling something churning in his gut.

[break][break] a hand reaches out towards , thumbing across their knuckles.

[break][break] "i'm back now," he says, voice soft. "i thought you wanted space. i didn't want to suffocate you."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 20:01:39 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “No? I was making conversation.” Fern huffs, glance sliding away as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Then his arms fold petulantly at the apology offered.[break][break]

They are only making an embarrassment of themself, but Fern can’t find it in them to really care about that just then. It’s too frustrating to find that Jayden doesn’t seem to understand that Fern wasn’t here to make business connections or drift around socializing with everyone. Here, and there, sure– like his time spent sitting with .[break][break]

But for the most part, they had it in their mind to be there with Jayden. And that is the opposite of what has happened thus far.[break][break]

“Why would I want space from my date? they huff back, bottom lip puffing out as they continue to sulk. Their attention drops to the thumb drifting over their knuckles. “The whole point of a date is to be together. Why would I think you were suffocating me?”[break][break]

If anything, Fern is the one who usually feels stifling to the other.[break][break]

Is that what this is? Jayden trying to send a message about Fern’s cloying behavior by putting up space there? Is it too much? Are they too much? “Do you want me to go dance with Oscar?” They haven’t danced with anyone yet, but far be it from them to disappoint the other man’s assumptions.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 17:10:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

He freezes.

[break][break] The petulance in is clear, and the silent rejection that follows. Jayden frowns, pulling back, so that he can observe them more plainly. As Fern's frustration mounts, it's clear that Jayden's confusion does as well — he can't help it. For a rare moment between them, the admin is out of his element.

[break][break] "Why wouldn't I? You were the one who —" he cuts himself off, with a frustrated huff. 'You were the one who was talking to Oscar. And that woman. I was just respecting your space.'

[break][break] He takes a breath.

[break][break] "I know you worked very hard on your invitations, and I respect your work. I wanted to give you the space to do what you wanted — whatever it was. I — "

[break][break] Jayden's words are cut off, as the other asks him a question. His brow furrows, and then he blinks.

[break][break] "No. Yes." He looks at them, frowning. More quietly, he says, "Oscar is a valuable contact. I want you to flourish, F — Harper."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 22:41:54 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“I was the one who what?” they bite back, something frantic and exasperated climbing into the fringes of their tone. “Talked to a couple people I know and have worked with prior?”[break][break]

Their eyes roll, their arms fold and it’s probably so ugly and so off putting that they wouldn’t blame him for not wanting to be around them. But they can’t help the reaction when everything he says is driving them to it.[break][break]

“I thought we came here as partners,”
they grumble (more than a little whiny,) deliberately looking away, “I’m not here for the invitations.” And then they think he’s on the cusp of it, that he almost has it at the immediate no that follows their question.[break][break]

But then of course Jayden corrects himself.[break][break]

An agitated noise slips loose and Fern pushes themself up off the couch. “I don’t care about contacts right now! I don’t care about my silly invitation designs! I-“[break][break]

They huff and turn, cape swishing around them. “This isn’t a business outing for me, Michail. But fine, if you so badly want me to go find someone I’ve already met and flourish, I will go find him and ask him for my first dance.”[break][break]

It’s a bluff, and given the trajectory of the conversation, they feel a bit uncertain in making it. But Fern so badly wants him to call them on it. For him to finally realize that Fern only wants to be there with him, to snag them and pull them back so that they can’t go flouncing off.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 22:56:50 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

He doesn't get it.

[break][break] Isn't that what the both of them have been doing all along? Talking to people they know or worked with? It isn't like Jayden wanted to go and find people to dance with; it was just what had happened.

[break][break] The frustration is mounting and mounting, and as Fern's voice pitches higher, Jayden can't help but feeling smaller and smaller. It is a rare moment in time that he feels out of his element as he did years ago, when he first came back to Hoenn, on the cusp of his parents' funeral, but it's growing dangerously close to that moment.

[break][break] There are times when Jayden thinks that he's all but rid himself of his father's ghost — when he's lost in the sea of teal-blue comfort and sweetness, in the coy smile curved against 's lips as he presses it to his cheek. Like they did when he'd first seen them here, today, at the gala.

[break][break] Jayden feels broken-hearted and remiss all at once, when Fern stands up. Away from him.

[break][break] His hand snaps out, impulsively, at the other's wrist.

[break][break] Not at all unlike the day in the washroom months ago.

[break][break] But this time, instead of the steely-cold gaze that he'd fixed them with. This time, instead of being uncontrolled and unchecked, there is nothing but control in Jayden's gaze as he looks at him. Emotions raw on his face.

[break][break] Pained.

[break][break] "Wait," he says. "What do you care about? What do you want?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 23:49:51 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]It’s so obvious to them. Painfully so. What else is there to understand about the situation? Maybe they should take it easy on them, but it’s not as if having to watch him flit around the room and dance with others didn’t sting. It did. It made emerald-tinted jealousy twist in their stomach in a way that Fern is typically unaccustomed to.[break][break]

They’re not used to feeling insecure in themself. But something about this has laid them flat. Dragged them pitifully low, somehow worsened by the fact that it doesn’t seem to register even an ounce with the other.[break][break]

A hand darts out to let fingers snag around their wrist and their heart lurches in their chest. They come to a halt, and then take a slow breath before they turn back toward the other.[break][break]

Stare baleful and hurt even as they find the raw, desperate look bright in Jayden’s expression.[break][break]

Their cheeks are blotchy with color. Both from their frustration and embarrassment in making a small scene. The color burns under their skin furiously, and they let out an exasperated noise as the question follows.[break][break]

Relenting in their anger, but not quite done being annoyed.[break][break]

“You, dummy!” they whine, shoulders slumping as they look at him pathetically as they have to spell it out for him. But they echo it quieter, less bratty and more pitiful. “You. Being with you here. Everywhere.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 17:47:46 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

He's not good with relationships. He's never had them.

[break][break] Jayden may be good at many things. Rocket may have taught him how to fight, how to kill, how to destroy. His parents have dragged him through torture after torture, the power to withstand being burned alive, drowned, or electrocuted. He may have had the power to withstand the elements — thunder, fire, storms.

[break][break] But it is this storm that he finds himself in the middle of. The emotions running rampant in 's eyes as he glares at him, cheeks blotchy with discontent. Jayden feels lost as he's ever been, unsure and unused to the feelings that churn in his chest.

[break][break] Hopeless.

[break][break] A voice echoes in his head, like Droes' sneering voice when he'd first come to Hoenn and had to meet Gavin to ask for his life back.

[break][break] 'Stupid boy. You thought you could do this? You thought you were made for this?'

[break][break] had said it once.

[break][break] Maybe some people weren't made for love.

[break][break] "You, dummy! You. Being with you here. Everywhere."

[break][break] He blinks.

[break][break] "Oh."

[break][break] The feelings - the same ones that they've been feeling all along, for months - are said aloud. Expressed in the open air, with nothing the but the rising pitch of an orchestra instrumental to consume them.

[break][break] "I — " he says, fingers closing around their wrist. His heart is a pitter-patter in his chest as he stares at Fern this time. Gets lost in the storm of teal-blue fire. Jayden closes the distance between them, sliding his hands down. "I want that too," he says, voice soft. His hands tug at their fingertips, violet eyes brimming with apology.

[break][break] "I want you to be with you too. I'm sorry."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 3:48:02 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] There’s no backtracking from the moment once it arrives. Fern very blatantly and petulantly announces his wants and he can’t pull them back onto his tongue once it’s out in the open air.[break][break]

It’s a mortifying, vulnerable feeling. Heightened by how public it all is—different from the quieter moments shared in the privacy of their homes. But it’s what he wants, isn’t it? He’s never been one to seek out stable relationships, but somehow, yes, it is.[break][break]

It’s likely why he reacted this way in the first place. Because Fern is just as new to the concept or attachment with words like longterm behind it.[break][break]

Oh.[break][break]

Did it finally, finally click?[break][break]

They’re pulled back around and at first they watch him defiantly as he fumbles over his words again. But then he draws closer and they feel themself soften. Stupidly, affectionately so. He apologizes and they believe him, because when has he ever been anything but ridiculously earnest?[break][break]

His gaze slides down to where their fingers shift and link together. He doesn’t pull away, or attempt to continue the spat. His brattiness fades, and for a moment, all Fern focuses on is the rapid beat of his own heart, loud in his ears as some of the color finally fades from his face.[break][break]

Fern sighs, quietly and finally with an air of resignation. Their smile is hopeful as they glance back up at him, but still tentative. “Yeah, you do? Really?” It’s probably the closest to sheepish they’ll come.[break][break]

“Kinda just figured you’d decided you didn’t want me around.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 13:38:41 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

Fingers tightening around their own, violet eyes blink with surprise.

[break] [break]

"What? Why would you think that?"

[break] [break]

Even with all the things spelled out for him, Jayden's mind still races with confusion. Sure, he had spent much of the evening in the company of others but that was because this was a social event. This was work. It was what he was required to do, not what he wanted.

[break] [break]

What he wanted was...

[break] [break]

"Oh, solnyshka," he murmurs, hand reaching up the cradle their cheek. "I always want you around."

[break] [break]

If he had it his way they would always be by his side. They wouldn't spent time dancing with Oscar or chatting with mysterious women, wouldn't spend time making other people laugh or chuckle, wouldn't be dazzling other people with the sheer brilliance that he found to be.

[break] [break]

A hand slides back down their arm, clasping their hand tightly.

[break] [break]

"Would you have this dance with me?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 3:07:27 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Fern’s expression falls, brows pinching together. Though the petulant, bratty behavior from before doesn’t return as he looks up at . “Because you found so many people before coming back here.”[break][break]

Their head tilts, and now they the confused one—unsure of how that’s not obvious. How it’s not blatant that the lack of presence is a weak, tender spot for them.[break][break]

The disconnect between work and party prevents understanding, but maybe, maybe it’s finally starting to click because hand slide up to their face, and they soften that much more as their head leans into the contact.[break][break]

Solnyshka. It’s a name that floods them with warmth. The fuzzy, rose-tinted static sort. The first pet name he’s bestowed on them; it echoes in their mind and their smile threatens to return in a brighter degree. “What does that mean?”[break][break]

Fern doesn’t clarify whether they mean the nickname or his statement, but it doesn’t matter. The words land, leaving them a bit more satisfied than they had been previously.[break][break]

They are completely, terribly stupidly besotted with this person. Their temper is fickle and short-lived and easily sated. They just hope Jayden realizes that now that he’s returned to their orbit, Fern won’t be so keen to let him drift away again.[break][break]

“I would love to, Michail.” Finally, their grin breaks through— toothy and wide. Not unlike the childhood photo they showed him months and months ago. But this time it is because he is the cause and the source of it.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
unraveled [masque]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 6:34:48 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

Confusion still lingers in his eyes, not quite be able to put two and two together. They're closer now, but they're almost like two planets orbiting around each other. Only nearly touching.

[break][break] "But you're the most important one," he says, the response dropping from his lips all too quickly. As if it was obvious.

[break][break] Obvious that no matter how many other people there were in a room, it would always be 's eyes that he'd gravitate to. Just like how in a crowded grocery store, it was one specific pair of eyes that he found himself standing in front of, conversing on the difference between green grapes and purple.

[break][break] It seems eventually that they are able to come together. To meet in the center. As Jayden speaks his affections for the other outloud, he's relieved to see the brightness return in his partner's expression.

[break][break] "It means," he says. "I always want you by my side."

[break][break] Softly, quieter, he leans down and brushes his lips against the other's ear. "You're mine, remember? And I'm yours."

[break][break] He pulls back, and when he sees the wide, toothy smile of the other, a burst of affection flutters through him. Like wings on a bird, beating against his heart. A telltale blush heats his cheeks and in an effort to distract himself, he immediately grasps Fern's hand and tugs him towards the dance floor, sliding to the sway of the music.

[attr="class","ooc"]