shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 05 help the spirit of a person or pokemon pass on.
  • 07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
  • 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.
  • 15 become lost in the mist.
  • 🗺️ will encounter the spirit of carson here, or recall the ritual's pool tournament fire in an affecting way.
  • 🗺️ 's expertise as a wildlife biologist/ranger must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ 's expertise as a psychiatrist must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ must attempt to record/remember/document the expedition for historical archives.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
break the rules in beautiful ways
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
THE BORDER: VACA
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 6:41:13 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
🍁
"Wow..." Audric awes, looking up at the floating islands and the translucent bridges that connect them. With a grin, he turns back to his group. "Reminds me of HOLON. I'm glad I packed a Flying-type."

By his side, however, a HOUNDOOM currently sits. She sniffs the air with a curious look in her eye, watching as ethereal wisps pass by them overhead. They all seem to be going in the same general direction. Noting this as well, the black-haired ranger points them out with a finger.

"This must be some of the local WILDLIFE then, hm? They seem to be exhibiting migratory behavior. Maybe we should follow them?" He suggests.

PROMPT 🗺️

AUDRIC BLACK's expertise as a wildlife biologist/ranger must be pivotal in some way.

MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 22:19:16 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

Hoenn’s history is filled with events that the rest of the world can barely even imagine, and ever since Amelia Livy had first become a historian, it has been her duty to document them — especially after she began working for the League. From changes in the political landscape to cataclysmic circumstances; it’s all relevant. The rifts that people have begun to call The Wilds are, of course, no exception to that.
[break][break]
”I never thought it’d be so… beautiful.” The historian says in awe, looking at their ethereal surroundings. Her attire is comfortable and practical, bearing the red armband of a ranger cadet. Her platinum hair is tied into a neat ponytail, and surprisingly enough, hanging from her shoulder there’s a compound bow in its sling (just in case they run into something dangerous, no? She sure as hell knows how to use it). On her other shoulder, however, sits an adorable chocolate brown Emolga that wears the smallest of cameras on a harness.
[break][break]
”Make sure you get good aerial footage of it all, Momo. I’m counting on you.” Lia tells the Emolga when it takes off, and as it does, she also releases a golden Pidgeot from an Ultra Ball. ”Otto, keep up the group from up above. Let us know if you see anything dangerous.”
[break][break]
With how thick the mist up ahead seems to be, all precautions seem necessary.
[break][break]
It’s at this point that Lia looks at her companions, offering a smile that is as soft as it is gentle.
[break][break]
”I’m Amelia Livy, by the way. Historian and archivist working for the League. You can just call me Lia, though.” With this introduction out of the way, she nods at ’s suggestion. “Following them sounds good to me.”

[break]

LIA'S OUTFIT

[break][break]
TLDR;
[break]+ Lia is a nerdy historian
[break]+ EMOLGA has a GoPro and is recording footage of their surroundings. PIDGEOT scouts overhead.
[break]+ Lia introduces herself and agrees with Audric's plan

[break][break]
PROMPTS;
[break]+ 🗺️ AMELIA LIVY must attempt to record/remember/document the expedition for historical archives.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bot1"]

[attr="class","credit1"]AZUL

[newclass=.ttrbase] --accent: #ffda7a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase] width:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .border1]color: #a6abad; text-align:justify; padding-bottom:20px; background-image: url(https://img.nickpic.host/6RZHpQ.png); background-color:#000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box1] padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box2] background-color:#242424; font: 11px Poppins; text-align:justify; padding:25px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box3] height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12.5px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 a] font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 u] color: var(--accent); text-decoration: none; border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 hr] margin-bottom: 10px; border: solid 4px var(--accent); border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 img] border: solid 1px #222;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1] background-color: #242424; text-align: center; padding: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 .grey1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px; filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1] margin-top: 5px; background-color: #242424; width: 60px; padding: 7px 0px 5px 0px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 0:12:40 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
[attr="class","roach"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
“gol-ly. this was a field trip, emphasis on the trip part. ”i ain’t even drank yet.”[break][break]

it was something. beautiful, he could agree. holon? he had no idea. ”yeah, we ain’t in hoenn no more, that’s for damn sure.”[break][break]

adjusting his hat to cut the glow of heaven over yonder, roach walked along, cubone waddling at his side. at the historian’s introduction, he nodded over at her, ”howdy, lia. i’m roach. i guess you could call me a tourist.”[break][break]

when prompted for input on the migrating spirits, he shook his head, ”i’m just followin’ ya’ll. lia looks like she knows what she’s doin’. you an archer?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break][break]
notes:[break]
- just following along for now [break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-cubone"]

[newclass=".roach"]--accent:#8c6462; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".roach blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/pSNBwto.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: cover; height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach blockquote b, .roach blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .roach blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .slimcurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 410px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

colt
he/him
twenty-eight
december 10th
anistar city
bisexual
psychiatrist
civilian
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
10 posts
colton fall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colton
colton fall
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 5:53:46 GMT
colton fall Avatar
[attr="class","colton1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Colton's eyes widen in admiration coupled with shock upon crossing the rift into the border. He's unable to tear his eyes away from the luminous skies, despite the eeriness present in a skyline devoid of a celestial body. It piques his interest, confirming a sneaking suspicion for the man: he was right to come here.
[break][break]
"I've... Never seen anything like this, yeah."
[break][break]
The only Pokemon he releases is his Lunatone, Nyx, and he does so mainly to soothe his nerves. He's way out of his element. His mind betrays him; the idea of fleeing increasingly becomes more and more alluring, but he doesn't give in.
[break][break]
Not yet, at least.
[break][break]
"Oh—erm, Colton Fall. My name, I mean. My name's Colton Fall," he's definitely still nervous, "I'm also a tourist, yeah," he adds, drawing inspiration from 's own introduction. Icy, silver eyes shift between and briefly before a nod is passed along, "They seem friendly. Are those the..."
[break][break]
He gulps.
[break][break]
"..you know, spirits? Are they even real?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".colton1"]--accent:#3c7539; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/YBZvqBC/10.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .colton1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .colton1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 5:27:31 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
🍁
Audric begins to follow one of these floating wisps, so thoroughly fascinated by this phenomenon that he forgets to mark his own introduction. His Houndoom dutifully tows along as they travel through the mountainous terrain. Though, when a question is raised about said phenomenon, the biologist is quick to listen.

"If the research behind some Ghost-type Pokémon is to be believed, yes," He says in response to Colton. "Though spirits in this form have only been rumored to exist in certain locales— such as MT. PYRE."

A fallen moss-covered tree blocks the stony path ahead, and the ranger slides over it effortlessly. When he turns around to ensure his teammates are keeping up, however, Audric instead takes notice of a shivering blue orb hiding within a crevice in the tree. He drops to a crouch to greet it with a smile and a wave. "Hey there, little buddy. You lost?"

As soon as his Houndoom leaps over the fallen log, however, the spirit orb retreats further into its hole.

The ranger is quick to calmly shoo Sheba away before returning his attention to the frightened little spirit. Hearing what he perceives as the whimperings of a little boy, his smile falters for a moment. "Hey, it's okay, Sheba's a cuddly lovebug, I promise. She didn't mean to spook you."

When it's clear the spirit will need a little more than that to emerge, however, he angles himself sideways so he can point out his own red armband. "You see this? I'm one of the good guys: a ranger with Hoenn," He explains with a grin, briefly acknowledging his teammates as they approach. "My name's Audric. Why don't you come with me and my friends so we can reunite you and yours?"

And, though hesitantly at first, the spirit orb eventually emerges to do just that. Their latest traveling companion!

PROMPT 05

help the spirit of a person or pokemon pass on.

MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 22:04:11 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

”It's nice to to meet you all, and yup, though I don’t think it’d be of much use with all this mist.” Lia tells in response to his question about her Archery skills, her gaze being fixed on the heavy fog that surrounds them. Great shot as she may be, archery isn’t of much use if she can’t properly see her targets from a distance, is it? It’s no defensive skill. ”I’ll remember to bring a pokémon with Defog next time…”
[break][break]
Doubtlessly she will come here again, but for now making sure they can find their way back to the rift is a greater concern.
[break][break]
When they encounter a spirit, she smiles faintly to herself, making sure her Emolga captures all of ’s interaction with it. While doing so, she turns to look at , adding to response given to his question:
[break][break]
”Audric is right. Countless souls rest at Mount Pyre, that’s why it’s so full of ghost pokémon… I guess that also explains why it would lead to a place like this, no? Like some sort of Purgatory or Realm of the Dead, if you believe in those sorts of myths.”
[break][break]
Much of what’s considered to be mere myth becomes reality in Hoenn, that much Lia has come to learn, and as someone who has spent her entire career studying antiquity, the similarities are as clear as day… down to the sound of flowing water.
[break][break]
”Do you hear that? I think there’s a river nearby…”
[break][break]
Surely not one of the five rivers of the Underworld, right?

[break]

LIA'S OUTFIT

[break][break]
TLDR;
[break]+ Worries about becoming lost in the mist
[break]+ Compares the Border to the myths about Realms of the Dead
[break]+ Hears a river nearby
[break]+ Still recording it all

[break][break]
PROMPTS;
[break]+ 🗺️ AMELIA LIVY must attempt to record/remember/document the expedition for historical archives.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bot1"]

[newclass=.ttrbase .border1]color: #a6abad; text-align:justify; padding-bottom:20px; background-image: url(https://img.nickpic.host/6RZHpQ.png); background-color:#000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box2] background-color:#242424; font: 11px Poppins; text-align:justify; padding:25px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12.5px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 u] color: var(--accent); text-decoration: none; border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 hr] margin-bottom: 10px; border: solid 4px var(--accent); border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1] background-color: #242424; text-align: center; padding: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 .grey1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px; filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1] margin-top: 5px; background-color: #242424; width: 60px; padding: 7px 0px 5px 0px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 1:14:40 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
[attr="class","roach"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
”a shame. woulda been cool to see ya use it,” roach replied to lia.[break][break]
then, at colton’s question, he asked, ”spirits?” as though this was the first news he was receiving of them. ”no shit?”[break][break]
and he didn’t realize what this meant, for surely, all of the spirits he had mourned had already passed on a long time ago. yet, much to his surprise, he was soon enough stopped in his tracks by one looking right at him.[break][break]
”wait, i gotta check on somethin’. i’ll catch up,” he assured, as though any of them might care. while they investigated the spirit orb, he veered off, staring.[break][break]
stopped. squinted his eyes in disbelief.[break][break]
”no…”[break][break]
his brother, for all the time they’d spent together, grown up in the same orphanage. the reason he was in hoenn, the reason for the operation under ritual, and the direction roach’s life had taken, done in by his own brazen ambition and greed.[break][break]
”what happened, man?” roach shook his head, feeling tearful. ”ya already had it all.” and now he was stuck with what the man had left behind. a ticking time bomb of an underground empire.[break][break]
lost in the heavy moment until it occurred to him he might be left behind, roach looked towards his group, and back. ”you wanna come with?”[break][break]
and towards the river carson and roach would follow, assuming the rest decided to head that way.

[break][break]

- encounters the spirit of carson[break]
- invites carson to join them towards the river[break]

[newclass=".roach"]--accent:#8c6462; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".roach blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/pSNBwto.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: cover; height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach blockquote b, .roach blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .roach blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .slimcurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".roach .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 410px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

colt
he/him
twenty-eight
december 10th
anistar city
bisexual
psychiatrist
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
10 posts
colton fall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colton
colton fall
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 21:52:45 GMT
colton fall Avatar
[attr="class","colton1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Although Colton believed that the group he had joined was trespassing this realm, it didn't stop his traipsing; he continued to maintain the same leisure pace, relishing the view - for all of its eeriness - and all that came with it. When his eyes eventually fall upon a spectre, he resists the urge to immediately look away and, instead, searches for a familiar face in their distorted, half-materialized features.
[break][break]
It isn't an easy task. His wish to find a specific person alarmingly seems less and less plausible now, and the more he accepts that these were no longer ordinary people. 's spirit orb friend is the final nail in this coffin, putting the matter to rest. It's not what Colton imagined or what he needed it to be.
[break][break]
"..Or it's more like Limbo," he speculates out loud in response to 's musing, defeated and disappointed. He only wanted to help them find closure—he only ever wanted to help.
[break][break]
In spite of the gloominess and how grim it may be, Colton pushes through. He forces himself to, for it's the least he can do for them. He's been taught to focus on the living, accept what cannot be changed, and let go of the past... but he cannot pass on an opportunity like this. It feels almost hypocritical, considering his ample advocation to avoid dwelling on such matters.
[break][break]
But he carries on all the same, still. He's going to make things right, one way or another.
[break][break]
He has to.

[break][break]

[newclass=".colton1"]--accent:#3c7539; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/YBZvqBC/10.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .colton1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .colton1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".colton1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 1:43:15 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
🍁
At 's mention, Audric pauses to listen for the river nearby. His spirit friend, in the meantime, dares to dance around his Houndoom and see if it won't bite. The acoustics in the area they stand in prove to make locating the river difficult but, using skills he'd acquired as a RANGER in Hoenn for the past three years, the Holonite knows to look for other signs.

"Water always runs downhill... and acts as a natural point of destination for the local wildlife." And, sure enough, the lad hikes a bit further down the path before spotting a spirit orb drifting down a misty gully. "It's this way," He informs his group with a smile and a wave.

When spotting another spirit orb with , Audric awes, unaware of the personal connection the two had. "Hey, you found another one! Don't worry, you two, we'll help you reach your destination in no time." He assures the orbs, nodding before turning back to the gully ahead and spotting... an imp? It stares at the group with a smile...

Then scurries away into the misty gully.

PROMPT 🗺️

AUDRIC BLACK's expertise as a wildlife biologist/ranger must be pivotal in some way.

MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 12:25:34 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

’s deductions regarding the location of the river are met with a slight nod, and after following her fellow ranger’s lead, they soon end up at its shores. Mist swirls even denser over the waters, as if to further hide what may dwell in the river’s depths.
[break][break]
She doesn’t spot the Gimmighoul until stepping closer to the gully and seeing the boat onto which it jumps, it gestures towards the group then – as if urging them to follow.
[break][break]
”Is that a Gimmighoul? I’ve only read about them before. They usually live in ruins, from my understanding.” With so much of her work being at Archeological sites, knowledge of the pokémon that may dwell in them is pivotal. ”Rangers have been receiving reports of Paldean pokémon suddenly appearing all over the region, maybe they’ve been coming from the rifts…”
[break][break]
Something to discuss with biologists and mention in her notes for the archives, to be sure.
[break][break]
The Emolga lands on her shoulder once more, likely attempting to get better footage of the boat and its miniscule sailor, and it’s at that very second that it all clicks for her…
[break][break]
Purgatory. A river. A boat. A pokémon known to seek coins.
[break][break]
With a quiet chuckle, Lia steps closer to the boat and kneels down before the Gimmighoul. ”Are you our ferryman, little one? Let’s see…” She reaches into her pocket, retrieving her coin purse, and from it she offers the brightest coin she can find to the Gimmighoul. ”I think it’ll let us use its boat to cross, but we might want to be careful.”
[break][break]
Once the Gimmighoul gladly takes her coin and rushes towards the boat’s stern, Lia stands and turns to look at the group.
[break][break]
”You know of Charon, the ferryman of the Underworld? All myths have their origin, yes? So if theoretically someone long ago visited the Border and myths like those were born in this place… That would mean we’re standing by either the River of Woe or the River of Hatred.”
[break][break]
She knows it may sound insane to some, but Hoenn is a place where myth often comes to life, and this may be no exception to that.
[break][break]
With her warnings given, Lia steps onto the vessel, glancing upwards to make sure the Pidgeot still soars up above.

[break]

LIA'S OUTFIT

[break][break]
TLDR;
[break]+ Wonders if Paldean pokémon have been coming into Hoenn from the Wilds
[break]+ Offers the Gimmighoul coin so they can cross the river
[break]+ Mentions to the group that if this place is the origin of UNDERWORLD MYTHS, then they're likely standing by the River of Hatred (Styx) or the River of Woe (Acheron)

[break][break]
PROMPTS;
[break]+ 07 Offer coins to the Gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bot1"]

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 3:09:42 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
[attr="class","roach"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
”a gimmighoul, huh?”[break][break]
roach and carson followed to the river, the former curious as he was about all pokémon that were rare or new to him. what was the market like for this one? [break][break]
”i’m sorry, ms. lia, did you just say this thing is takin’ us to the underworld? was it punishment? or was that the wrong story? probably not. carson had done very wrong.[break][break]
”that was not on my itinerary.” a click of his tongue, as he looked around at the eerie mist. ”however, i am along for the ride, i suppose.”[break][break]
he stepped onto the boat, still eyeing the interaction between the historian and the ferryman gimmighoul. as they went down the river, things might’ve been peaceful; but either way, second thoughts from somewhere somehow wormed their way into his head. a malicious weed of a grudge took root, wrapping around roach's heart and his better judgment.[break][break]
”actually…”[break][break]
a moment of consideration, a committing nod. [break][break]
“you know what, why should i even take you anywhere, man? after what the hell you left me with?” he shot a sharp look over at the spirit orb floating near his shoulder. ”yeah, that’s right. you’re an ungrateful son of a bitch.”[break][break]
he started swatting. ”go on, carson! what, you can’t swim? you’re already dead! you’re levitatin’!”

[break][break]

- roach follows onto boat[break]
- experiences grudgefulness (prompt 8) against carson's spirit[break][break]

close tab

played by

dani

colt
he/him
twenty-eight
december 10th
anistar city
bisexual
psychiatrist
civilian
5 height
5 height
awards
10 posts
colton fall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colton
colton fall
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:45:05 GMT
colton fall Avatar
[attr="class","colton1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Colton appears enthralled by Lia's telling of the myth, his interest and curiosity equally piqued. It's enough to help take his mind off all the depressing thoughts that surfaced to haunt him inside the border.
[break][break]
At least until picks up a fight with one of the ghosts that tagged along with them. That alone is enough to ground the man and snap him back to reality, "Roach, listen--"
[break][break]
He's supposed to know what to say, but usually, he has more information to work with. But now, it's sudden. Unexpected. He didn't carry a notebook that explained what could lead to a fight between a stranger and a half-corporeal ghost.
[break][break]
"..I don't know what happened between you two, and I'm probably overstepping here, but... Please. Whatever it was, it's not worth this. He's scared, alone, and it's not right."
[break][break]
His lips purse before a frown deepens his already sombre expression.
[break][break]
"You don't have to forgive him. If you want to live with whatever pain he gave you—it's your choice. But no one deserves to stay here alone. They all deserve to move on." Slowly, carefully, Colton raises his hand and offers it for Carson to take, intent on helping him board the boat along them.
[break]

[break]
🗺️ COLTON FALL's expertise as a psychiatrist must be pivotal in some way.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 11:07:10 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
🍁
Audric follows the GIMMIGHOUL with his team, sure to stick close as his Houndoom and the wayward spirit he's befriended tow along. Before long, they find the little imp once more. It seems to offer them passage across the misty river with its boat.

Admittedly, Audric didn't have too much experience with Ghost-type Pokémon. Most didn't factor into wildlife biology so neatly. But he had heard the reports of Paldean Pokémon crossing the rifts from his fellow rangers, and was fascinated to observe this one closer after paid their due.

Realizing his Houndoom is too afraid to step on herself, he returns her to her ball before boarding himself.

"I wonder what it might be like to live here for an extended period of time... studying the effects this environment might eventually have on a living person would be amazing. Though dangerous, I'm sure: if what you say about this being the origin of underworld myths is true." He responds.

Sitting cross-legged by the Gimmighoul, Audric spends most of their peaceful ride sketching the little thing in his journal. When gets into an argument with his little spirit friend, however, the ranger pauses to look over his shoulder. He's about to stand up and intervene when, suddenly, does so. Not long after, they reach land.

The mountainous island in front of them might have been floating... but then how had they reached it via a river? Was the river floating, too? The physics dared to give him a headache. Regardless, the mist here was so thick that it was impossible to tell what was floating and what wasn't. The only thing that stood out was a bright beacon-like doorway high above. A procession of spirits orbs headed straight for it above.

And, without warning, the one that Audric had befriended shot forward into the mist to reach it too.

"Hey, wait up!" Audric exclaims, chasing after it without another thought. "You're gonna get..." He stops not long afterward, looking at his surroundings and realizing he can see nothing but mist. "... Lost." And the wayward spirit reunites with him then, as if nothing had happened.

PROMPT 15

become lost in the mist.

TLDR 📝

🍁 Audric returns his HOUNDOOM
🍁 Audric boards the boat
🍁 Audric takes a sketch of the GIMMIGHOUL
🍁 Audric chases after the WAYWARD SPIRIT when they land
🍁 Audric gets lost in the mist

MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 4:11:02 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

She had warned them, hadn’t she?
[break][break]
The Rivers of Woe and Hatred.
[break][break]
When verbally lashes out at one of the spirits accompanying them, it should all click, it should make sense, but instead, Lia finds herself frowning. It must really fucking nice, no? To be able to just wear his heart on his sleeve; to say whatever he wishes without worrying about how he might hurt others or even about what they might think. And ? Knowing what to say? Being sympathetic? The voice of reason among them?
[break][break]
Under different circumstances, Lia would admire that about him, but this place twists that admiration into resentment.
[break][break]
That’s it, she resents her companions. Each and every one of them.
[break][break]
Uncharacteristically, the historian is quiet, her former excitement now seeming to have been completely forgotten. Her Emolga continues to record footage of the situation, and perhaps later, when looking through the videos, she will understand what’s going on, but right here and now, all she can think about is doing her damn job.
[break][break]
The only problem, though?
[break][break]
Soon after they step off the boat, she’s hit by a realisation.
[break][break]
”We’re missing one.” Lia declares after a quick headcount. ”Where the fuck is Audric?”
[break][break]
Not as nice and sweet anymore, is she?

[break]

LIA'S OUTFIT

[break][break]
TLDR;
[break]+ The Border has Lia feeling THE SALT
[break]+ REALLY annoyed when realizing Audric got lost

[break][break]
PROMPTS;
[break]+ 08 Experience immense hatred.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bot1"]