March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Something's Batty [M][C/Elaina]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 5:24:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Now you flit along and play, okay? Have a good time!" Shalin smiled toward the Noibat she had just checked into the sprawling Daycare facility between Verdanturf and Mauville. She had to find a caretaker for the young Pokémon, as Piccolo could not be trusted on her own inside Mauville's Round One arcade. She was playing in a Step Step Revolution tournament that day, and she couldn't risk the Noibat flying in front of the screen! By the end of the day, she would be too exhausted to play with the energetic young dragon. Treble, the Kommo-o Shalin rode to the Daycare on, gave her scales a rattle to say goodbye to the little one, giving his rider quite the intense tickle. After she had recovered from the dizziness the burst of vibration induced, she was off to Mauville - and the tournament.

The daycare staff led Piccolo to the vast grounds of the Daycare's play area, filled with sandboxes, obstacle courses, and the like. There was plenty to do, but not what the young Noibat wanted to do. She had seen what Shalin had done with some of her other Pokémon, and she dreamed of joining their ranks when she grew up. She wanted to soar. But soaring alone wasn't as fun. She wanted a partner to soar with. The dragon-type circled the inside of the fence marking the play area's bounds, looking for a Pokémon that appeared to share her dream...

{WC: 245}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Piccolo       Noibat         Good
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
I'm crazy, but you like that; ... I bite back.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 12:13:29 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina was slightly hesitant about leaving Oshawott at the daycare, however, it wasn't like she had much of a choice in the matter. Elaina was to prep for an assignment that would commence in a few hours, and what was worse was that it was in Mossdeep City, meaning that she should have already flown there via taxi ten minutes ago. "I promise to be back for you as soon as my assignment is done, okay? You be good now, alright?" Elaina said, after checking in at the front desk. And with that, Elaina was gone, and Sonya the Oshawott was left alone ... or so she thought at least. The daycare staff took Oshawott out back, deciding to let her play freely. That was when she noticed the Noibat that was flying around. "H-hi," Sonya called out to the Noibat sheepishly. She wanted to be strong like Elaina and her creepy ghost pokemon, but ... she was just too much of a chicken.

[break][break]

+ Daycare Playdate
[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#CC0066;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 9:35:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
After making it roughly halfway around the facility without stopping, Piccolo needed to rest; the dragon-type that flew in near silence had to flap her small wings rapidly to stay airborne! She grasped a thick branch with her clawed feet and hung upside down from it, catching her breath. She watched the other Pokémon at play, looking out for another flying Pokémon to soar above the playground with, but was unable to find one in plain sight.

The voice of a young Oshawott rang in Piccolo's ears, the Noibat returning the water-type's greeting with a greeting of her own. "Hi there! What's your Master like?" she asked, trying to break the ice as smoothly as possible. The two seemed like polar opposites at first glance, Sonya seemingly reserved while Piccolo was energetic, her high-pitched cries perhaps the origin of the name Shalin chose for her.

{WC: 147}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 22:26:29 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Sonya had always been hesitant to talk to other pokemon, long before she met Elaina. Most of the wild pokemon she had encountered weren't at all friendly toward her. Even other Oshawotts treated her differently ... and she didn't know why. So with that in mind, she wasn't sure whether or not the Noibat that she had just greeted wouldn't be all that friendly to her as every other wild pokemon wasn't. However, she was surprised that the Noibat did in fact turn out to be friendly. In fact, it kind of shocked her. It took her a minute to answer the noibat's question. "S-She's actually really, uh, brave and strong. She's also kind too!" Oshawott said, trying to perk up a bit as she spoke, sounding like a semi-awkward mess.

[break][break]

"Her other pokemon can be ... scary looking, but they're surprisingly nice!" Sonya said, trying to sound reassuring. "What about you? What's your master like?" Sonya asked the noibat, feeling comfortable enough to keep the conversation going. It felt nice, to be able to talk to someone. Perhaps Sonya and the noibat could be friends? "My master calls me Sonya. What does your master call you?"

+ Daycare Playdate
[break][break]

+

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 23:01:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It seemed the Oshawott was quite reserved. Piccolo had never seen a Pokémon act like this; all of Shalin's Pokémon were indifferent or outgoing! The Noibat swooped down next to Sonya. "My master is too! And so are my brothers and sisters! We're part of a huge family! It's amazing that the... oh, how many is it... nine, ten, eleven, twelve... I can't even count that high!" She leaned next to the fence in her dizziness from overthinking, a shriek coming out of her ears.

When asked her name, the young dragon paused. "She calls me Piccolo. My master's... daring. I don't get why, but all my brothers and sisters have these cords attached to their sides, and I see Master holding the cords while on their backs. They both look like they're having so much fun doing it. Especially when she goes flying. One day... I'd love to fly with them. I bet if they came here, they could see this whole field all at once!"

{WC: 169}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 15:09:54 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Sonya gathered that Piccolo’s master, despite the fact she seemed more outgoing than Elaina was, seemed to be like her in certain aspects. She sounded like a really nice person; the same goes for the other pokemon that Piccolo was talking about as well. Sonya continued to sit there, engrossed in the dragon talking about her master. “You mean like a pair of Reigns? It’s what humans use to help steer pokemon that they can ride,” Sonya had said. “My master likes to read a lot. She even read me a bedtime story about a Mudsdale and the person who would ride on it a lot,” Sonya said, referring to how she knew what they were.

Sonya didn’t really care much about the informational material that Elaina would read frequently, but she did like it whenever she would read her a bedtime story - mostly fictional stuff. “Maybe when you get really big and strong, your master will ride you a lot too, just like your brothers and sisters!” Sonya said happily as if she knew it would happen.

+ Daycare Playdate
[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 16:58:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"So that's what those cords are called?" Piccolo asked, her large ears twitching. Sure, it was important for the trainer to have a method to steer their Pokémon, but one that was so invasive? Maybe she would be less apprehensive about it when she grew up. "And that's what they're for? That's kind of cool, but I hope she lets me fly on my own, too!" A smile grew on the Noibat's face as Sonya related the story to her. "Sounds like so many of my brothers and sisters!"

All of this talk of flying got Piccolo's blood pumping. She needed to soar, now. Whether it was showing Sonya the skies or flying on her own, she had to see how high her wings could take her. "What's stopping me now?" the perhaps overconfident Noibat answered, waddling near Sonya and hunching over, as if beckoning the water-type to hop on.

{WC: 151}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 10:22:46 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Sonya nodded to Piccolo’s question, only to solidify what she said earlier. What’s more, is that the female Oshawott definitely opened up more and more as the two pokemon exchanged words with one another. She had begun to notice it, and normally, Sonya would normally decompress, but between her and Piccolo, it was … different. Maybe it was because she realized that Piccolo wasn’t mean, nor did the dragon pokemon seem to be the type to dismiss her. The kindness that Piccolo had was genuine.

After they talked about Piccolo eventually being able to fly, She turned her back to Sonya, waddling over to her as if wanting to hop on her back. “A-Are you sure this is a good idea?” Sonya asked, despite not hesitating to gently hop on Piccolo’s back, making sure that she wasn’t going to hurt her as she sat down. She also wondered if Piccolo would even be able to fly on her back. “I just hope I won’t regret this later …” Sonya thought to herself, also realizing that she herself had never flown on top of flying pokemon before.

+ Daycare Playdate
[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 18:59:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Piccolo could feel Sonya crawling atop her, her blood pumping in excitement. Was this what sharing the gift of flight would be like when she grew up? Regardless, she stretched her wings, waiting for four points of contact from Sonya before lifting both herself and the Oshawott into the air much like a small bird Pokémon. The small Pokémon at play slowly grew to be nothing but specks against the vast yet enclosed field, though many of the larger Pokémon were still clearly visible.

The view Sonya was getting had to look like it was from the top of the tree. The rapidly-flapping wings the small Pokémon was flying on made her back a little bouncy, but nothing the Oshawott likely wouldn't be able to handle. The duo could even see the entire Daycare building and parts of the rural road that passed by it. Several other small bird Pokémon, such as a small flock of Taillow, were flying nearby. Whether they were wild or trained was unclear at first sight.

{WC: 176}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 18:14:01 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

As it turned out, Sonya didn't regret it. Piccolo, despite being new to flying with someone on their back, was able to fly with no problem. What's more, was that Piccolo seemed to have to take Sonya into consideration as they ascended into the sky. It was far different than riding a pokemon on land, or at least, that's the conclusion the small water pokemon made. It was like they made their own little story while experiencing it for themselves. It was exciting!

After a good while of flying around, the two of them had decided to head back to the daycare, knowing that their two masters would be back to pick them up soon. "I had so much fun with Piccolo, today! I hope we get to play again!" Sonya thought to herself after Elaina and Sonya were on their way back to Mauville.

+ Daycare Playdate
[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 2:07:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: