1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 21:05:27 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He attracted looks, this wasn't his first time coming to HQ, but he always attracted a few stares, and why wouldn't he. What sort of freakazoid walked around in a cyber ninja suit in broad daylight? Probably a serial killer, or a billionaire, genuis, playboy. Those were truly the only two options in the world. So as he waltzed through the main lobby he stopped one of the rank, and file grunts, and asked them where a particular boss was. When he got his answer he made his way to the west wing where the labs were. At least these labs weren't as sealed off as the others. Being polite he knocked on the door to give warning to the one waiting inside, and when the doors parted before him he entered.

"I apologize for the intrusion Miss Fiorelli. However I thought it prudent to seek you out since the region is no longer in imminent danger from a giant rock." While the robotic voice made it sound incredibly serious, and deadpan. He was trying to make somewhat of a joke, but he had no idea if it would land or not.

Walking a tightrope is what he was doing at the moment. Keeping himself disguised around his supposed allies, trying to help them despite the potential mistrust he garnered from not revealing himself, and then doing the same when he was in his civilian guise. It was exhausting sometimes, but necessary.

"If you have some time, I do have some intel that I think may interest you, and help Rocket in the future especially against certain League characters." The reason for his visit, prompt, and concise, that way if she kicked him out, he didn't waste more time than was necessary. Hopefully she didn't kick him out though, it was a pain to track people down in this place sometimes.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 0:46:24 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Crystablooms held little interest for most in the Rocket submarine these days, save for herself. They were a means of procuring SYNC STONES for Sygna Suits, but otherwise, not much more than a curiosity. Elisabeth found tending to them a soothing pastime, keeping them propagated and flourishing for when their crystalline hearts required harvesting.[break][break]

Finding her here would be easy enough. Visitors were ultimately rare, however.[break][break]

The rap on the door attracted her attention briefly, and her Misdreavus giggled, phasing in and out to peek at the new arrival before returning. What entered was some sort of robotic creature, oddly reminiscent of 's GENESECT, although it spoke with humanoid speech through a vocalizer.[break][break]

Elisabeth lowered a potted crystabloom onto the lab table with gloved hands, staring at the intruder thoughtfully. She listened in impassive silence until he had completed his introductions. Finally, only then, she spoke.[break][break]

"I'm afraid you have me on the backfoot. You know my name, but I cannot say I know yours. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?"[break][break]

Intelligence was most useful when you understood its source.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:15:00 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Ah that was right, he had after all just recently joined the organization. So he gave a bow that was far to fluid for a mere machine as he introduced himself to the Kalosian woman.

"I am known as Seraphim. Recruited by Rocket Beast . If that does anything to assuage distrust which I hope it will." He explained to her before righting himself with another graceful motion that seemed very practiced. Either he had learned that specifically for her benefit, or it was something akin to muscle memory for the man in the strange suit. While he awaited her reply he studied the room they were in, the crystablooms were interesting. Used in Sygna Suit tech, but he didn't understand that, nor did he want to if he was being honest.

Primal Energy was a task in itself keeping up with, he didn't have time for trying to specialize in another strange alien material. Though he might try to get a rundown on it one day from the one in front of him. If only to have a general knowledge of it, perhaps it could be useful to him in the long run.

"My first actual mission was the one at Mt. Pyre technically. I joined shortly after the summit that was held, and was thrown into the action almost immediately." He shrugged a little bit, a trial by fire wasn't something he was going to complain about. "You take very good care of these flowers." He stated simply, with such strange things they probably weren't easy to take care of. Especially in this environment, but she managed to do it. If she could see his face, there would have been admiration on it.

He could appreciate a fellow artist of the sciences, and was keen to learn about her specialty one day.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 4:08:10 GMT
[nospaces]

It was less his recency that unmoored her than it was his desire to arrive in full anonymity. The fact he'd managed to enter the laboratory at all meant someone had vouched for him; security was not lacking enough in the headquarters for an unknown element to be able to stumble into her laboratory with ease.[break][break]

Furthermore, Elisabeth had breathtaking access to the inner workings of Rocket, including files on many of its members, detailing their skillsets and backgrounds. It was essential to her work in assisting in the preparation of missions, directing the right talent to the most ideal placement.[break][break]

The name 'Seraphim' triggered memories of one such file, submitted to her by . She nodded, once, to indicate her familiarity.[break][break]

"Thank you," was her polite reply regarding his observation of the crystablooms. Gloved hands settled in her lap, her patient gaze focused upon him. "Well, Seraphim, you asked for my time. You have it. What is it you wish to discuss?"[break][break]

Curiosity more than anything else propelled her onwards.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 15:38:05 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
"First allow me to apologize for not joining Rocket sooner, or learning who to speak to about Intel before the attacks on the Primal Points. I could have warned you all about the Leagues acquisition of Groudon." Though it was sincere, the deadpan robotic voice made it unclear, but regardless he wished he had a chance to let them all know. While it was still mostly a guess that was the Avatar, he at least could have warned Rocket about the Leagues new weapon essentially. "While it means nothing now, I thought it prudent to at least say that I did have access to that knowledge, and wasn't able to act on it fast enough." He said with a slight sigh.

"Aside from that however, I have several things I would like to relay to you, and you can forward it to the necessary people I suppose if you don't mind, while I am still learning everyone." He explained, and then thought how to best navigate this. "Despite our horrible PR, I do believe I have acquired something that will knock the League off it's lofty pedestal, perhaps not permanently, but temporarily at least. To give us more room to recruit others who may be on the fence." And with that he brought up a video on his HoloWatch, and while it was a short clip it would be effective he felt nonetheless.

It was a scene from the battle between and himself. Specifically the scene where she asked for his surrender, he obliged, and then was sucker punched with a Dragon Energy attack from her Smeargle. Letting it play out fully, he turned his hidden gaze to her.

"I believe with the Leagues statement in their last HNN article about investigating themselves, and finding no wrong doing, this will prove all the more effective." Of course he could just set it out into the free, and open himself, even hold a press conference. However if it was done this way, he could maintain full deniability if the League came snooping at him. "I could show you the full video, but if the League wishes to tell only half truths, I see no reason to play by the rules." He spoke simply to her, and then he continued on.

"I also managed to gather an abundance of Data on potentially dangerous League foes we may face in upcoming battles. It would be prudent to warn everyone so they can prepare themselves against these threats if we want to be victorious. I am willing to share the files I've made on them, incomplete as they might be." Perhaps that would perk her interest a bit. "You could even help me fill them out here, but I don't mind doing the research myself either. Despite the pain it entails." A machine like chuckle.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 4:51:18 GMT
[nospaces]

Elisabeth listened to with a poisoner's patience, offering a gentle tilt of her head acknowledging his statements at times, and a raise of her eyebrow at others.[break][break]

The video of on the HoloWatch was watched in dutiful silence, her green eyes thoughtfully regarding it frame by frame, before she turned back to the robotic-clad man.[break][break]

"This is quite a lot to process," she opened, and the faintest smile creased her lips to betray subtle amusement. "Although there is one question I'd still be curious to hear you answer."[break][break]

Her voice remained perfectly pleasant and neutral as she looked up at him, concluding with this simple thought:[break][break]

"What is it you most hope to gain by giving me all this information?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 16:17:47 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
When she told him it was a lot process he simply nodded at her. He understood that it was, and was in no particular hurry to push her one way or the other, but then came her question. A gentle sound of robotic laughter came from the helmet, but it wasn't mocking in the slightest.

"What I want you wouldn't be able to grant me. Not without using up the precious resource we acquired on Mt. Pyre. That of the Primal Shard." He shrugged at her. It wouldn't matter if he told her, so he decided to divulge one of his goals to her. "There is a pokemon that I know of, that can go toe to toe with Groudon. I want it. I know mostly how to obtain it, but lack that one singular resource." He shrugged a little bit towards her as if it was what it was. "That is what I want, but it can't be given to me, so I'm not asking for it. Consider this just me garnering good will. Maybe we will come across a second shard, and then maybe I will ask. But I'm not so stupid as to waste our only one, when others probably have use of it." It was that simple to him.

He always planned for the future, if he good garner good will now, then things he wanted that hadn't come to pass yet he could obtain. Nothing ever came for free, he understood that, and he didn't expect handouts either. He would earn his place, his shard, and his titan. Then he would have his rematch against the broken sword of justice. Those plans were far into the future though. There were other things that required his attention first.

"Does that answer satisfy you?" Came the curious question.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 22:39:18 GMT
[nospaces]

"Ah," was her acknowledgment of his desire for a Primal Shard and a mysterious, unnamed Pokémon.[break][break]

Self-interest, then. Nothing surprising there.[break][break]

"I suppose I still hold some curiosity," she mused aloud, the reverberating machinery of the man's voice echoing oddly in the laboratory's sterile white walls. "For it is a curious situation I find myself in, no? A strange man unwilling to show his face to me appears in my laboratory, all while knowing my name and rank, as he freely offers me information regarding the League, unprompted."[break][break]

She breathed out a soft laugh which her Misdreavus mimicked with glee, spinning in place with a wild, manic energy.[break][break]

"Ah, well. Hoenn is, if nothing else, a curious place. Primal Crystals and meteors aside."[break][break]

The Rocket admin stepped closer to him then, the 'clack' of her heels on the tile causing the crystal petals to shimmer with sudden movement. Her gaze fixed itself upon his eyeless face, and she held his unseen stare, her expression now as decidedly flat and neutral as his own.[break][break]

"The video of the Elite Four can be forwarded to the necessary individuals, certainly," Elisabeth said, a finger alighting upon his HoloWatch to tap it gently. "But I wonder at what you anticipate from its circulation. What end result you hope to achieve."[break][break]

The blonde's hand retreated back to her lap, facing him with an almost regal posture. Waiting.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 19:38:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Of course there would be curiosity still, why wouldn't there be. He was here existing in a place where theoretically he didn't belong, but that didn't stop him. Upon her bringing up his hidden identity, she wasn't the only one that was seemingly put off by it, but it was necessary by his own standards. Not to mention if he was being truly honest with himself. It was sort of fun being able to play a comic like character. When you were rich, and bored, there were only so many hobbies you could do that didn't lose their luster over time. Eating good food, gone. Sleeping with models, gone. Spending money, gone. Charging into random caves, gone.

You had to get creative, and so he had just made his this, but he wasn't an unreasonable man.

"In regards to my identity, I would happily show you, but underneath this suit, is just me in my underwear. And I wouldn't put you in such a compromising position." He explained to her in that robotic tone. "There is also the problem of information leaks, maybe not from you, but there are others lower on the totem. If one of them found out who I was, and then decided to defect, like the three others over the past while. It would be a problem for me, assuming you don't employ pokemon to just wipe the memories of defectors." He was still new, he didn't know the ins, and outs yet.

"Perhaps when I feel more secure in my place here, you can see if I am man, or machine." he didn't move as she got close enough to tap his watch to presumably send the file to its intended destination, but she was very close, and he quirked a hidden brow. It was then that she asked him her final question, what did he hope to achieve.

"That is a good question....Perhaps my ideals don't align with Rocket entirely, but I will say this. Assuming I am not wrong about this organization, Rocket is the only one that has the backbone to do what is necessary. I know there is a war brewing upon the horizon, however it's not the one against the League I care about." He was being entirely honest with her, he had nothing to hide, save for his face. "There is a literal organization out to destroy our universe, to me that takes precedent over all else. Rocket has the means to deal with it more efficiently, because the mass populace expects us to act a certain way, and there is a freedom in that. So perhaps my hope is that, that little clip will sway more numbers our way." He tapped the side of his helmet as if it were his cheek.

"By my count, we are outnumbered, outgunned, and out avatar'd. So if a third party does intervene in our fight with League, we will be screwed, plain, and simple." To him it was all just math. "Enemies from other universes don't see us as good or bad, we are just enemies to them, and I am not going to hope that we can always set aside our differences with the League each time a new threat shows up. It's not feasible." Or maybe he was wrong.

"I'm just here to even the odds, that is all. What little I can."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 2:13:02 GMT
[nospaces]

"Rest assured, I am confident I could resist the womanly urge to throw myself at the first undressed man in a five foot radius."[break][break]

The teasing was brief however, as her tone soon became tart and terse, instead.[break][break]

"Identity leaks. Defections. Intelligence brokers. Yes, you are right: we face those risks and more as members of Rocket. Inside threats are as dangerous as external ones."[break][break]

He claimed to want to even the odds, to fully commit to her side. So Elisabeth asked him, plainly:[break][break]

"What punishment do you imagine traitors should receive, Seraphim?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 15:55:28 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
A robotic chuckle would resound from within his helm at her mildly teasing comment, the question was how much was a mask, and how much was real. In due time perhaps he would find out, but until then he cocked his head to the side as she spoke to him, and then asked him an interesting question.

"The answer you want to hear, and the easy one to give is of course Death." Death was simple, it was certain, if you killed the traitor it was a guarantee that there would be no leaks. Even he could see the reason, and logic behind that, though it wasn't an entirely foolproof solution. "It does guarantee silence, but comes with it's own troubles. Death renders others on guard, others come looking for revenge, and the like. For as effective as it is, it has just as many drawbacks. Especially if we are culling traitors that have made deals with the League. Having the League actively hunting us, is definitely a problem." Though he had his own method for disposing of enemies.

"I don't think we will always be safe in this place, but that is an issue for another day. The alternative method is simply wiping away their memories, and rewriting new ones. Though that can come with it's own complications, but if done correctly, can be quite effective. Memory manipulation is actually one the tactics I used on myself to avoid having certain truths revealed to . Thankfully during our brief encounter he didn't ask anything to obtrusive." Though he had yet to fully test theory, and shrugged a little in his suit.

"Regardless, if you want to know my preferred method, unless we are dumping the dead in a volcano. I don't like leaving tracks personally. I would rather leave them as a vegetable, alive, but not. As a warning to all else. Examples are powerful tools if used correctly, but this is something you already know."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 1:15:38 GMT
[nospaces]

"Oh, there are many fates worse than death, of course. The vegetative state you just described, in fact."[break][break]

The faintest smile peeked out from her lips, one that her Misdreavus met with greater enthusiasm as she cackled behind the Rocket admin.[break][break]

Elisabeth turned back to the crystablooms of her lab, deciding to kill two Pidgeys with one stone, as it were. As she began to assess the lamps that oversaw their artificial environment, she continued to speak to in a calm, methodical voice, at ease and entirely unbothered in its cadence.[break][break]

"Why do you think I asked you that question, Seraphim?" She glanced over her shoulder at the man masquerading as machinery and raised an eyebrow. "About traitors."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 15:00:42 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
It was an interesting tactic that most predators did, some flowers as well. They appeared calm, beautiful, swaying in the wind out of sight, and when they believed you had your guard down they would strike. Amor could never pretend to know the womans intent, he wasn't a mind reader, but he recognized this tactic, or he at least viewed what she was doing as a tactic. Thus he kept his distance from her, and kept his guard up. Flowers could be both beautiful, and deadly things, they were not mutually exclusive, he wouldn't make the same mistake that he had in his garden that day. Her question was interesting to him still all the same.

"I am not going to pretend to know what is in your head Miss Fiorelli. Perhaps you wish to accuse me of being a possible traitor one day. Maybe you're about to attack me, maybe you just want to wish me good health." He shrugged a little, they were all possibilities. "Maybe you don't believe I have the backbone to sentence someone to such a punishment. I could come up with an innumerable amount of reasons to ask someone that question, but we would both be here for a while, and I am pretty sure you would fall asleep out of boredom." Another shrug as he folded his arms in front of his chest.

"But I do think you're about to tell me the point of that question yourself yes?" He was hyper aware of his distance to the door, the position of her Misdreavous, how long it would take for him to bring one of his own pokemon out should ti come to that. Though it was going to be a terrible first impression if it did lead to that. So he waited for the answer, whether it be one of her voice, or one of action.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 6:42:39 GMT
[nospaces]

For a long moment, silence fell between them as Elisabeth simply stared at the man with an unflappable, stoic demeanor. Then without warning, she began to laugh, and her Misdreavus laughed all the brighter in an after-echo.[break][break]

"You are a paranoid man, aren't you?" It was a rhetorical statement, not a question. Amusement danced in her green eyes, and she turned away from the crystablooms that had occupied her once more. "I asked you that question because you are a traitor to the League. And you clearly fear what they will do to you, should they learn of your betrayal."[break][break]

She let the announcement sit there for a moment, seeing if he would connect the dots of her meaning, then continued.[break][break]

"Your answers confirm a few other interesting things for me. For starters, you don't trust me at all, do you?"[break][break]

Lavender the Misdreavus busied herself in phasing through the cybernetic man, giggling as static cling tickled her ghostly form.[break][break]

"You know my face and my identity, but you will not openly show me the same courtesy. Typically, we in Rocket operate with an understanding of 'mutual destruction.' Instead, I am to trust that fear of Rocket's retaliation is enough to keep you from leaking such things, while knowing that fear of the League did not stop you from betraying them."[break][break]

The words came out with a cold, clinical precision, completely devoid of emotional undercurrent.[break][break]

"All this being said, I do not believe you intend to betray us at present. Not so long as your self interest and Rocket's align."[break][break]

If there was judgment to be had in the statement, it went unstated, and nothing in her expression betrayed it. She turned to the HoloWatch again, indicating it with a curt nod of her head.[break][break]

"This video of yours is at least partially key to your arrival here, I feel. To your willingness to work alongside us. Therefore I will pass it along to the appropriate administration, but I would ask you to temper your expectations."[break][break]

The League harbored its own monsters, she well knew. Theirs was not a question of a conflict between 'good' and 'evil.'[break][break]

"The purpose of the Elite Four is not to be a beacon of 'good' in Hoenn. , , , and are not recognized for their idealism and heroics. They are recognized for their strength."[break][break]

Once more she returned to the crystablooms, letting the last word linger a second more, before she explained further.[break][break]

"Hoenn is continually at the precipice of calamity and ruin. The Elite Four exist as pillars to defend Hoenn as a nation against threats both internal and external. So long as the strongest members of the League fulfill those positions, matters of ethics and morality will forever take a backseat to survival."[break][break]

She glanced over her shoulder at him with an easy smile, then said, "It might be a mild scandal, in the end. But in the end, people will choose to rely on the strong. Ideals are a poor defense in war, as I believe everyone in our organization well knows."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Exposé (Social/C)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 13:58:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
At her mention of him being paranoid he chuckled, and robotic tone resonated within the closed walls. It was a hard thing to deny, but he had his reasons for it, just like others had their reasons for their actions.

"That is a hard accusation to deny, when I am dressed like this. But I will correct you on one thing, it is not that I fear the League's retribution towards me should they find who I am. They could try, they would fail ultimately." he tapped his cheek as he tried to think about how to phrase this, she was trying to garner his identity from his words. Clever tactic. "It is more, that as long as they think I haven't betrayed them, I am far more useful to you all that way. It is true that spreading information can be beneficial, but the opposite can also occur if it spreads to the wrong people. Like poison." An example she would surely understand.

"To answer your second question. It's not that I don't trust you, but circumstances beyond both my control, and yours. Well have lead me to being far more cautious than I would normally warrant. If the mystery of who I am truly bothers you so much, I doubt I'll keep the facade for long. So you needn't worry." There was a measure of truth to that statement. "Besides if I just showed you who I am now, it would ruin the dramatic reveal later on." There was obviously amusement in his tone.

"As for the mutually assured destruction, I think , and would like to disagree with those statements. I've heard of someone going after the ex admin, but to no avail. I believe his orbit around a certain Councilwoman will prevent a clean break, unless we are going to bombard his living quarters from space? Which I am all for, but I will have to cast some doubt on the mutually assured destruction until I see proof. Then the Joy who left, and just became a Gym Leader in a blink. Both seemed to fear no repercussions, and unless we are making them vegetables soon, I think my gaudy suit is a bit more warranted in those circumstances." It wasn't him trying to talk down to her, but just a simple statement of fact. Facts, and logic were what mattered to him, not how people felt.

"Oh you think the video is why I am working with you?" There was a chuckle from underneath his helm. "No, I could have done anything I wanted with that information. Uploaded it to the web myself, sown all sorts of chaos without joining Rocket on my own. No no, that isn't why I joined Rocket. It is as I said before. I believe Rocket has the backbone to do what is truly necessary whereas the League doesn't." There were perhaps other reasons, but he wouldn't give it all away for now.

"It's not a matter of good or evil that I hope to accomplish. I don't expect the region to just all of a sudden openly rebel against the League despite the Elite Four housing two monsters within their ranks. I'm not so grandiose when it's all said, and done. No that video will give justification to those that are the bedrock of the region. Perhaps your assessment of the League is correct, maybe people just view them as the strong? But how many is that really? How many atrocities can the strong commit before the peasantry takes a stand? The League has to maintain a certain image, strong or not. And this little clip will give justification to those who were on the fence, or were already distrustful of them, but had no proof." He explained to her.

"Everyone expects a liar to lie Miss Fiorelli, but what happens when they witness an honest person lie? That is all the justification most people need to turn the other way. The result doesn't have to be big, it just has to happen, and the rest will fall into place." He explained to her with a shrug.

"Besides it will still be an interesting social experiment should it fail. Whether it works, or not there is no skin off anyone's back." He said to her folding his arms across his chest.

"But as you have surmised I have no interest in betraying Rocket, even if our ideals diverge. I believe you all will help me attain what I want at the end of the day. The Pokemon that can stand against Groudon, among other things." Then he tapped his covered cheek, and held out a hand to her.

"Since we're getting so cozy in here, I'll offer you my identity this once. As a sign of goodwill, mutually assured destruction, and all that. If you choose to not accept it now, then you have to wait like everyone else." Was he testing her? Was he being sincere? Or was the suit just getting itchy? Only the man inside of it knew for sure.