Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 7:24:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

To train the mind, one has to first train the body.
[break][break]

Or, at least, that's what Penelope read while taking a shit last week. She thought it to be bullshit at first, just like one of those worthless online comments on quora. But, after a few conversations with , and some self-reflection in the bath, Penelope thought it was about time to actually bite into this new years resolution bullshit that's been sending the region into a buzz.
[break][break]

"Hey."
[break][break]

Dressed in typical running gear, the councilwoman jogged over to where the elite four members would be. She'd called him a few days prior. Back then, she was minorly vague, but her message ran along the lines of preparing for their next expedition to the borders.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 12:38:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","stomachmouth"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

the vagueness of her call had him wondering what exactly she would be asking of him today. he assumes she means training, but to what extent he's still not sure. in his opinion, she needs it to every extent if their first trip out to the border is anything to go by.[break][break]

but for obvious reasons, he decides not to bring it up today.[break][break]

"you look dressed for the occasion."[break][break]

more than he is, anyway, as he's dressed in running gear minus the shirt and shoes. so just shorts.[break][break]

"we running today or?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".stomachmouth"]--accent:#5d464e; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/956940034303484044/icon-14.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth blockquote b, .stomachmouth blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .stomachmouth blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .stomachmouth blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 1:20:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Something along those lines."
[break]
[break]
Penelope started with her shoulders, rolling her left then her right, each rotation done with the purpose of loosening clicks of her joints. She then moved onto her quads, bending her knees until her foot reached her torso and her tail pushed toward the floor.
[break]
[break]

"I just wanted to start small. I don't want to--"
[break]
[break]

Die again.
[break]
[break]

She shook her head. There was no point in dwelling in detrimental thoughts when possibility still loomed within grasp. Breath in and focus on what's achievable.
[break]
[break]

"You ready?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 4:22:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

stretching is important. it helps prevents strains and injuries.[break][break]

"sure, yeah, i get that."[break][break]

with a nod, he takes off into a light jog, something casual and easy to set the tone as he's unsure what her fitness level is. he doesn't want her to gas out five minutes into their run when there is all of mount pyre to explore.[break][break]

he looks at her, head tilting to his side briefly.[break][break]

"this'll help with our future expeditions as well. when was the last time you went on a run?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".stomachmouth"]--accent:#5d464e; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/956940034303484044/icon-14.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth blockquote b, .stomachmouth blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .stomachmouth blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .stomachmouth blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".stomachmouth .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 6:36:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Two months ago."
[break][break]

And even then, it was just a short jog had dragged her along, despite her many protests against getting out of bed that early in the morning. It was an overall good time looking back on it, but definitely not something she was able to continue for much longer than a week.
[break][break]

"I..." a huff of breath came pushing out. Even early on, she was feeling the pressures of exertion. "I'm not the best when it comes to cardio."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 7:36:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

two months ago is long enough for progress to disappear. what little progress she had, anyways, which he assumes to be none. she can blame it on being too busy with council work and all that but he attributes it to just her being lazy.[break][break]

well, everyone has to start somewhere.[break][break]

"hah! no worries. we'll make sure to get your cardio up."[break][break]

in that regard, she came to the right person.[break][break]

"come on. let's pick up the pace."[break][break]

without waiting for her, he speeds up.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 8:49:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

That's what Cian thought, before she'd worn him down with her constant references to how this time could be better spent fulfilling paperwork, going to dinners, or other council-related business. Alas, there was no avoiding the call to battle this time around.
[break][break]
Not after everything she'd experienced this past month.
[break][break]
"Shit."
[break][break]
Penelope couldn't even catch her breath before the elite four members pushed forward, quickening his pace into a brisk jog that served more to send her lungs ablaze than help her in any noticeable way. Struggling to keep up, locks of red began peeking out from her tightly wounded bun, splitting upward and downward into her face.
[break][break]
"You do this...everyday...?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 8:52:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"pretty much! or at least i try to."[break][break]

but work among other things makes it difficult to commit to daily runs. he doesn't like running anyways. it's one of his least preferred forms of cardio. unsurprisingly, swimming is his least favorite.[break][break]

seeing (hearing, really) her struggling to maintain the pace, he debates slowing down for a moment before deciding against it. the only way to improve is to push oneself.[break][break]

"that all you got? keep up!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 8:56:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fuck you, she wanted to bellow, but for once the man actually felt enjoyable to talk to. A first in her book.
[break][break]

"I'm going, I'm going."
[break][break]

Through huffs and puffs, Penelope struggled her way through the run, keeping as close to Matias' tail as she could, but occasionally falling behind whenever her legs reminded themselves of their strain.
[break][break]

"How long...are we going for.."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 8:58:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"we're not even ten minutes in."[break][break]

he bellows out a laugh, unhindered and as free as the spirits that roam the halls of mount pyre. he tosses a glance back over his shoulder, amused at how much she's struggling.[break][break]

it seems they have a lot to do.[break][break]

"so about twenty more minutes, maybe? or until you give up!"[break][break]

even his orthworm's able to keep up with them. it slides alongside penny, encouraging her with a smile.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:04:36 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The orthworm smiled up at her tauntingly - acting as another reminder of her abysmal speed. She bit her lip and pushed forward.
[break][break]

"You're kidding me..."
[break][break]

Step by step, she kept herself moving, even during the worst of it. There were times she expected herself to fall and crash to the ground, but if nothing else, Penelope Livy was a persistent spirit. One way or another, she was making her goal.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:06:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

tauntingly? no! the orthworm is trying its best to be encouraging. it's a shame the councilwoman sees it in that light.[break][break]

eventually, the twenty minutes do pass. they've managed to near the top of the mountain though they aren't quite at the peak yet.[break][break]

"how you feeling? we're almost at the peak if you want to keep going."[break][break]

he looks at her, breathing still level.[break][break]

"should be another ten, fifteen minutes?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:12:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It took no time at all for her to fall to her ass, letting the harsh air rush in and out of her lungs, searing them raw. Unlike her partner, who'd seemed annoyingly fine, sweat raked her body, dampening both her clothes and forehead.
[break][break]

Pulling back the stuck strains of hair from her face, she jutted her chin upward and rolled her head along her shoulders.
[break][break]

"We're...hitting that fucking peak..."
[break][break]

Another huff of air came pooling in and out her mouth, like a train blowing out its steam.
[break][break]

"I just...need a second..."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:18:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

in her defense, it's unfair to compare herself to him when he has groudon's blessing which in turn allows a pool of seemingly infinite energy. he rarely ever tires now. that, along with how he's able to traverse across difficult terrain as though it were flat land, is what makes running far easier.[break][break]

almost as easy as breathing.[break][break]

"consistency is key. you're never going to get better if you don't train regularly."[break][break]

he brings his backpack around and pulls out a bottle of water, offering it to her.[break][break]

"here. drink up."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
KUNG-FU PANDA 1 [CC]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:22:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She grabbed the bottle without hesitation. Twisting off its cap, she squeezed its frame and greedily swallowed down three gulps worth of it. It was both refreshing and minorly suffocating.
[break][break]

"You're right," she mumbled, though it pained her to admit it. "Unfortunately."
[break][break]

She squeezed the bottle again.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]