6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 10:53:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At last, Josh's Eeveelution brigade for his Gym was completely assembled.

While he was normally not comfortable taking more than six Pokémon with him outside the Gym, the Leader had made an exception for this monumental accomplishment. Though he had agreed to meet his friend @elio at Meteor Falls to help him hunt for some new dragon Pokémon to add to his team, it seemed he hadn't showed up quite yet.

When Josh had reached the eastern waterfall cave entrance, he dismounted Kairi, his Vaporeon, and clicked the switches on every Poké Ball on his belt, quickly finding himself surrounded by equine-sized elemental foxes. The others quickly crowded Basil and Kairi, the trainer having to chide the group as a whole to get them to back off. "Come on, group photo!"

With that, the Gym Leader held his phone landscape, waving for all eight to get into the picture. They stood at a slight angle rather than looking straight at Josh at his request, to showcase the riding gear they wore. This would be a photo to be displayed in the Gym's lobby. He snapped a few pictures from slightly different angles, Inky getting a little impatient after the fourth.

Now where was Elio? He wasn't already inside, was he?

@elio

{WC: 212}
{PC: 1}

ooc: Kairi and Blinky's Poké Balls are not on Josh's belt.

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Kairi          Vaporeon        Good
Blinky         Jolteon         Good
Clyde          Flareon         Good
Janus          Espeon          Good
Kamuy          Umbreon         Good
Basil          Leafeon         Good
Inky           Glaceon         Good
Pinky          Sylveon         Good
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 13:01:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elio1"]
[attr="class","elio1"]

Frowning, Elio looked at his phone and swore. Quickly racing to his car as his men dealt with the body they were disposing of. "You guys can handle it from here, you don't need me to hold your damn hand all the time." He spoke to one of his mafia nearby who bowed in and muttered a "yes".
[break][break]
"Good."
[break][break]
With that said he shut the door and started the car, heading home to get cleaned up. Even though not a drop of blood ended up on him it was the principle of it all. Unfortunately, this wasted more time as he was definitely running late by the time he made it to Meteor Falls, slowing down from a light jog as Josh came into sight.
[break][break]
"S-Sorry!" He huffed a bit from the long jog he took from Rustboro not bothering to take his car this far out since it would be pointless anyways. "Had some work to do, lost track of time." Standing up to his full height from his tired position he gave a small grin.
[break][break]
"Anyways, I hope you weren't waiting too long!" Eyeing the whole entourage of Eeeveelutions he whistled lowly in surprise. "Got a whole menagerie of eeveelutions here!" He said impressed. "A lot of em I've never seen before too, mind introducing me?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- mafia work can be a pain lmao[break]

[attr="class","eliopkmn"]

[attr="class","partytop"]

[attr="class","eliocredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elio1"]--accent:#7b6678;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .elio1"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliopkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliocredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliocredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 18:49:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was taken a bit aback by Elio's sprinting toward him after he had finished taking the photos. "There you are! You look just exhausted! I wonder why you didn't just ride your Pokémon here?" Perhaps there was an erroneous assumption that as of yet, he didn't have a ride Pokémon. "Thanks again for helping me out with Haunted Fist. While I was taking care of Gym Leader business at the Pyre rift, I got to help Yagyu's spirit pass on. Her blades crumbled in my hand that day. If anything, I'll just look for a new Doublade to catch."

"Not too long," Josh replied as Elio expressed interested in the elemental foxes the Mauville Leader had worked so hard to assemble. "Yep, they're a core part of my Gym now." The Pokémon broke off into three groups. "Kairi, Blinky, and Clyde," he introduced the water, electric, and fire-type Pokémon, resting his hand on Kairi's saddle and scratching her behind the ear, "Janus and Kamuy," he gestured toward the Espeon, "and Basil, Inky, and Pinky." Even the Glaceon was in a surprisingly good and social mood, which, in Josh's eyes, was unlike him.

@elio

{WC: 197}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 19:33:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elio1"]
[attr="class","elio1"]

"Unfortunately, my pokemon don't always like me riding them much, especially for trivial stuff." He chuckled as he continued. "They get cranky." Listening as he introduced them all he was quite surprised by all of them.
[break][break]
Back in Kanto, Eevee was rare - like pretty damn rare. So to see someone with seven, no EIGHT different evolutions, whether caught as is or not, was incredible to him.
[break][break]
Maybe he should look into catching himself some of the eeveelutions, himself? Or steal em. Surely there was some lucky trainer out there with one. Elio looked away from the fox pokemon and focused on Josh.
[break][break]
Already deciding he would never steal from him, the dude cared too much for his pokemon. If Yagyu was anything to say about it. "I'm sorry to hear that, it must've been hard... I'm sure Yagyu is in a better place now."
[break][break]
It felt robotic to his own ears almost hollow to state it. But he felt it was the proper thing to say. Otherwise, he'd feel awkward. "Anyways... Onto business!" He said clapping his hands together to move on from the subject. "It's nice to meet them all! They all look happy today, that's good."
[break][break]
He looked around knowing that dragon pokemon lurked in these lands, somewhere deep within Meteor Falls. "It's time for some Dragon hunting! Let's get this show on the road!"
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- dargon tiem![break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elio1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .elio1"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliocredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 22:51:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRIZZILE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TEARFUL LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]@elio

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GABITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROUGH SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND TOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THRASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]@elio

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 0:33:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's fair!" Josh chirped. "And that's why Pokémon are so amazing; they have personalities, just like us. With how big Hoenn is, even one that's really docile, like a Ponyta, would be very helpful. Being able to multiply your traveling speed helps so much." There was a bit of push and shove with any Pokémon, but Josh seemed to inevitably attract ones that loved to run. Perhaps it was part of why he was chosen to be a Gym Leader.

Josh paused for a few seconds at Yagyu's mention. He was reminded of the steel-type every time he reached for the Doublade's sheath out of habit, being so used to having the ghost-type at the draw for dangerous environments like the one they would be heading to. "Her soul's passed on," he confirmed. "I got to see her at The Border when I went there on a Gym Leader assignment. She'll be in paradise. I'm sure I'll get to meet her again when my number inevitably gets called, if you know what I mean." He had a long life to live, still, but with how much danger his job's duties put him in, it would be an upside if he was unlucky enough to be killed in action during the inevitable war.

Elio seemed just as excited as Josh was to go dragon hunting. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's ride!" The racer sat astride Kairi the Vaporeon, who looked ready to bolt toward the waterfall roaring inside the main cavern. The seven Eeveelutions, even the normally moody Inky, looked like they all wanted Elio to pick them for the task of covering the cave network faster!

@elio

{WC: 280}
{PC: 3}

Passing!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 0:51:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elio1"]
[attr="class","elio1"]

"A Ponyta, huh? I'd probably do better with a Mudsdale or a Rapidash. But yeah, I understand." He looked at the seven eeveelutions and smiled. "Yeah, pokemon are amazing creatures..." He got a faraway look for a moment before focusing back on reality.
[break][break]
"well, hopefully, you're not eager to meet her again soon. You gotta lot to do in your life. Best make the most of it." At his friend's encouraging words he nodded as he looked at the seven elemental foxes.
[break][break]
"Hey, Inky, mind if I hang out with you today?" He asked the Glaceon, curious about it, since he hadn't seen one in real life before. "I'll go with Inky if you don't and they don't mind." He would walk up to its saddle and mount up - ready to follow the Gym Leader into the caverns that lay beyond the waterfall.
[break][break]
"Let's get going!" With a swift leap through they appeared in the Meteor Falls caverns - on the lookout for dragons. However, what Elio ran into wasn't a dragon - but a moody little water type that stared at him irritated. "Well, you're not a dragon but you'll be a great addition to my team!"
[break][break]
Throwing out a Pokeball out came a Noctowl who he order to use Hypnosis on the Drizzile. It fell asleep instantly as Elio threw a Pokeball at it, waiting to see if it was successful. "Right, what else is in here?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- DRIZZILE CAPTURE ATTEMPT! [2/7 Pokeballs][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 6:29:40 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUNATONE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXPLOSION

[attr="class","wildtag"] @elio

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIPLUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DEFIANT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[break][break]

@elio'S CAPTURE ATTEMPT WAS SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 19:00:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I suggested one because they're really easy to learn with," Josh clarified. "Mudsdale are really wide-bodied. They can be uncomfortable unless you're a big guy. Bigger than me, even." The ground-type species was ideal for very tall or pudgy riders. Josh was tall, but he wasn't excessively tall. Right around the six-foot mark. It made riding his Flareon somewhat problematic, having to get rests attached to his saddle to keep his feet up. "That and Rapidash are fast. Really fast."

As Elio approached Inky, Josh tried to caution him about how apprehensive the ice-type was around guests. A mild coo after the young man stood next to him was a sign that she was in a good mood. "Just be careful around him. He can be a bit of a handful." Smiling as to prove a point, the Glaceon reared abruptly seconds after the guest rider was comfortable. He may have been able to feel an extra spring in Inky's gallop as the Water-type and Ice-type led the way into the main cavern, Josh whistling at the size of its waterfall.

His skin tingled as Kairi leaped into the cool water basin the waterfall was draining into, able to feel her powerful tail swishing back and forth and propel her just as fast as she ran on land. "I've heard rumors of a hidden cave behind one of the waterfalls here! Let's check it out."

ooc: skipping!

@elio

{WC: 235}
{PC: 4}

Passing!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 15:46:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elio1"]
[attr="class","elio1"]

"A big guy, huh? How big are we talking? I'm six-three." He inquired towards the Mauville Gym Leader as he sounded just a tiny bit smug.
[break][break]
"It's just Mudsdale is a pretty rugged pokemon, and I hear it's able to handle almost any obstacle." He explained as they navigated the cave system at a pace.
[break][break]
"As for Rapidash... I saw them around Kanto in the wild, I definitely know how fast they are." After Josh warned him about the pokemon he was riding, almost as to prove a point - Inky jostled the blond-haired male a bit with a bucking motion.
[break][break]
Causing Elio to lurch forward and to establish a hold of himself a few moments later, having almost been bucked off much to his surprise and mild embarrassment.
[break][break]
"Right-" He started. "Duly noted!" He couldn't help but let out a chuckle as he patted the Glaceon lightly, finding its antics pretty hilarious. "You definitely have quite the fun personality, Inky!"
[break][break]
As they ventured further into the cavern he decided to continue the flow of conversation, a question forming in his brain that he just had to ask about.
[break][break]
He then noticed a Lunatone which he swiftly threw a Pokeball at with no explanation asked for or needed. Trotting over, he would pick up the Pokeball before moving Inky back to the route they were taking.
[break][break]
"So, I read about the Silph Cup you ran a few months back in the news. I read how it went but I'd like to know how it went from your perspective. Was it difficult to organize? Did you have any issues?" His thoughts were verbally spewed forth like a river.
[break][break]
"I was busy with my work during the time, so I couldn't contend," he explained with a sigh. "Man, if I entered I probably could've won though! I have some pretty fast pokemon!"
[break][break]
He expressed with a cheeky grin. "None raised to race, mind you - but they could probably hold their own." He explained before adding on. "Well, maybe."
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

CAPTURE ATTEMPT for LUNATONE![break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 20:27:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TATSUGIRI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMMANDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPLASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FRILLISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE

@elio CAUGHT THE LUNATONE!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2023 6:43:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"You got me," Josh sighed. "I'm only six-one. You should be able to handle a Mudsdale just fine. They're just a bit wide-bodied compared to most ride Pokémon is all." He listened to Elio's assessment of the ground-type, which was... surprisingly accurate. "Any obstacle that doesn't require making sharp turns, anyway. You gotta pull on their reins real hard to get them to turn."

The Gym Leader looked impressed to see Elio survive the small tantrum Inky threw, the Glaceon's demeanor changing afterward. With a coo and a puff of mist from his mouth, the ice-type relinquished full control to Elio.

Once they were past the waterfall, thanks to some ice attacks and Kairi's amazing aquatic leaping ability, the discussion turned to last year's Silph Cup finale "Given it was run out of my Gym, not as hard as you'd think. We did get a lot of useful data for the 2023 season, which I think is going to present its own challenges. After all, with the barrier gone, we're going to get a lot of out-of-region racers trying to qualify. Lots of Paldeans with Kilowattrel, I imagine."

Elio seemed enthusiastic about it. "Why not compete in this year's opener, then? It's at Fortree Gym. You gotta have a flying Pokémon this time, though, as it's an aerial race!" Josh revealed to him, though it may have been old news if he read PSPN Digest.

@elio

{WC: 237}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Taste the Rainbow
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:31:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE TATSUGIRI FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMMANDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPLASH