Is that Lighting in the Water? (DW, Josh)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

cynda1

Carla
She/Her
March 1st
Nimbasa City, Unova
Heterosexual
Dunno
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
65 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carla
Carlotta Bombardo
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 1:20:00 GMT
Carlotta Bombardo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Carla found herself sitting near the edge of the water of a lake that seemed to keep stretching out at her just short of touching her shoe covered toes. This was her first time in this route of Hoenn, and honestly, she wasn’t sure if Route 118 really impressed her all too much. There didn’t seem to be that much to it. It wasn’t a creepy forest, so that was a plus, but… nah, she wasn’t going to complain, actually. This wasn’t a creepy forest with creepy Pokemon. She was happy with this, honestly.

[break][break]Next to her was her new friend, whom she thought to actually bring this time: Cream. Her new Pokemon friend. She knew she was a Milcery now, but she only knew the name of the type of Pokemon she was. Carla thought the name Cream fit her since it was nice and simple, yet it made sense. She was cream colored, and she did look quite a bit like a dollop of cream. The little Pokemon sat under her Trainer’s shadow quite content with herself, in all honesty.

[break][break]Carla placed a hand on the little Pokemon’s… well, whole self, but technically her head… though wasn’t she a head? Anyway, the Milcery was all too happy to receive the little bit of affection from her Trainer, poking at the woman’s fingers when she could. A little break from walking was always a good thing in Carla’s opinion.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#64CDCD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 18:15:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The beaches of Route 118, one of Josh's favorite training spots close to his home town of Mauville, were too busy for him to train his posse of ride Eeveelutions for the upcoming racing season. The season wasn't even supposed to begin until the first week of March, and yet there were preseason races going on already? Wasn't it still a bit cool for this, too?

With his favorite spot already taken, Josh reined Blinky, his Jolteon mount, toward a small lake on the opposite end of the road from the beach. The rest of his saddled Eeveelutions followed, every single one of them similar in size to those scary Pokémon that came out of those Space-Time Distortions. Pinky let out a low squeal and picked up the pace, Kairi keeping up with her while the rest of Josh's team held back. "Hey, what's gotten into you two?" Kairi gracefully leaped over the lake's bank and cannonballed toward its surface, paying no heed to the young woman nearby as the rest of Josh's Pokémon gave chase.

Note: Josh does not have Kairi's and Blinky's Poké Balls on his belt.

{WC: 178}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Kairi         Vaporeon       Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Kamuy         Umbreon        Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 6:22:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELLIBOLT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WEATHER BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLACK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PLUSLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHTNING ROD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ELECTRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NUZZLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWIFT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

cynda1

Carla
She/Her
March 1st
Nimbasa City, Unova
Heterosexual
Dunno
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
65 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carla
Carlotta Bombardo
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 19:15:25 GMT
Carlotta Bombardo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Carla glanced over her shoulder, catching sight of a rather… round bluish green Pokémon. The stared at her with a rather blank expression, causing the woman to let out a squeak as the, causing her little cream-colored companion to flinch as she stared at the considerably bigger Pokémon in slight confusion. The strange Pokémon had a face that was hard to read due to the strange eyes on the sides of her face, but even if they weren't there, the Pokémon blankly smiled at the two.

[break][break]The two looked at the Pokémon for several tense moments before finally deciding to relax and relax in her seat. It was at that moment that electricity started dancing around the Pokemon just as the Vaporeon leapt into the water. The woman and Milcery were both enveloped in electricity before Belibolt trotted away, giggling all the way. The woman was still from shock while Cream hopped in anger, yelling after the retreating Belibolt, angrily scolding her for doing such a thing.

[break][break]Carla shook her head before looking ahead and noticing the Vaporeon swimming around the water, straightening herself up at the sight of the Pokémon. Who was that? What kind of Pokémon was that? It was then that she looked over and… well, honestly if she hadn’t been relaxing, she might’ve noticed the brood of cat and dog like creatures surrounding a young man who was mounted on one of them: the yellow, fairly spikey looking one.

[break][break]The woman looked over at Kamuy, remembering seeing an Umbreon earlier, and she let out a bit of a sigh. Great… another one. Wasn’t it just amazing that she had to deal with another freaky dog? Still, it wasn’t a sort of situation that didn’t catch attention, and the woman was quite curious. Cream was also quick to ignore her previous irritation when the ribbon covered Pokémon approached them, hopping over at Pinky in clear excitement.

[break][break]This was as good of an excuse as any for the woman to approach them. “Hey,” the woman greeted with a wave as the Milcery was quick to engage with the other Fairy-Type Pokémon. “You’ve got quite the group set up. Getting ready for an event of some kind?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9E9EFF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 20:05:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Pinky engaged in small talk with Cream, bragging about how she was the fastest Sylveon on the planet. It may have not been far from the truth; the species was not known for their running speed. Kairi continued to play in the lake, trying to impress the woman with another slick leap. "I do! There's a big series of races coming up around here in the spring and I want to get my Pokémon ready for it." The other five Pokémon approached Carla and made eye contact with her, Blinky greeting her a crackled bark.

"Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh," the Mauville racer introduced himself as a mesmerized Plusle cheered Kairi on with his red pom-poms. "And underneath me is Blinky," he called out the electric-type's name, his mount reacting with a smile. It may have been a bit unnerving to see so many Pokémon that were very large for their kind... that is, unless Carla was familiar with Mauville Gym.

{WC: 171}
{PC: 2}

Basil         Leafeon        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 7:23:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KILOWATTREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] VOLT ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]UPROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DUAL WINGBEAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLUCK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WUGTRIO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GOOEY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THROAT CHOP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TRIPLE DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA JET

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

cynda1

Carla
She/Her
March 1st
Nimbasa City, Unova
Heterosexual
Dunno
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
65 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carla
Carlotta Bombardo
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 0:32:17 GMT
Carlotta Bombardo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]As the Sylveon talked, Cream listened intently as her sweet aroma continued swirling through the air. Cream hopped a little, quite excited. She wanted to go fast too, but... well... she didn't have any legs. She looked down at the rest of her and her little arms slumped down a little in disappointment. Milcerys couldn't run fast... could she hop fast? Cream looked up at Pinkie and shrugged.

[break][break]Meanwhile, Carla heard Josh out on what he was getting ready for and the young woman arched an eyebrow curiously. "A race?" She questioned. "That's pretty cool. Is it... cat and dog themed?" Naturally Carla didn't know what any of these Pokémon were, and on top of that, she had a big mouth. So, it didn't occur to her that calling them cats and dogs would be insulting. She already insulted one Umbreon, and it seemed like the only lesson she learned was to not look an Umbreon straight in the eye for too long. "Eh... Um... I guess yours isn't as creepy as the other one I met..." She said, referring to the Dark Type dog like Pokémon.

[break][break]Carla smiled upon Josh introducing himself. "My name's Carlotta Bombardo... But you can call me Carla. I..." Carla paused for a moment before fidgeting with her hands a little. "I don't happen to have a fancy title... B-but, I am a part of an aristocratic family in Unova." Carla folded her arms over her chest as if that made her at the same level as an Elite Ranger and Gym Leader...

[break][break]...It did not.

[break][break]A Wugtrio stuck its head out of a rather big stone and made the mistake of shoving her face too close to Cream's. The Dazzling Gleam was enough to send it hiding back in its rock with no trouble.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#64CDCD;[/newclass]
[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 20:16:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While that was a reasonable assumption, the race was a bit more open than that. "Not just cat Pokémon and dog Pokémon. If you can ride on your Pokémon's back, it can enter! The two of you enter as a team, and you've gotta guide your Pokémon through the course. Teamwork beyond what is required to battle Pokémon is what my Gym is all about!" Kamuy's eyebrows dropped warily at Carla's remark, the Umbreon turning around and stepping away from her.

It seemed like Carla was quite well off. "Great to meet you, Carla! Unova, is it? You much of a football fan?" Josh asked her. "The playoffs last season were--"

Before he could get an answer, Kairi alerted Josh to a crackling sound in the sky as a Kilowattrel, one that was quite large for its kind, swooped quite low to the ground. Faster than Kairi or Basil could react, it PLUCKed at the Leafeon's forehead leaf, the grass-type squealing in pain. "Basil, hide!" Josh commanded. Without needing to be given orders, Inky was immediately there to come to Basil's rescue. A cold wind blew from the Glaceon's dark blue bangs, FREEZE-DRYing the Kilowattrel and lacing its wings with ice, making it unable to stay airborne. Josh was very quick to toss an empty Poké Ball its way, then run back to check on his Leafeon as soon as the battle was over.

ooc: Kilowattrel catch!

{WC: 239}
{PC: 3}

Basil         Leafeon        Poor
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 6:28:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD AZUMARILL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAP SIPPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SAMUROTT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]REVENGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR SHELL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA JET

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE KILOWATTREL!