she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Bake and Barter [M] [ELISE]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 1:59:35 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The scents of baked goods roamed far and wide around Mauville City, with an army of table workers and such lining across the many streets leading towards the town square. Seated among the sea of wooden tables was the silent trainer and her Rotom companion, both of which had been approached to represent one of the many bakeries here at the meet. The owner had come down with an illness and needed a last minute replacement. People walked up and down the street as Vanilla and SPECTRA would proudly represent Pechaberyl Bakery, the latter of the two using the phone's built in speaker to announce their goods.

"From pastries to sweets, Pechaberyl Bakery has it all! Come and try our delicious new Magnezone Macarons!"

Vanilla did her best to help as possible, silently waving the goods around while holding up a sign and attempting to spin it around, only for the to smack her head on the way down.

MISSION: The Great Hoenn Bakeoff
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 7:15:59 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

In Mauville City, there was a bake sale going on for the day. All of the bakeries had their delicious pastries out in the town square with the tables lined up of the baked goods. Something like it was done in every town and city in the Galar region that she could think of with the pastries reminding her of the ones her grandmother made. Her Mismagius would accompany her to see the wooden tables full of the bakeries' splendid goods with one pink-haired younger girl calling about selling the macarons from the bakery she worked at.[break][break]

The royal had come over to see the macarons that looked like Magnezones while carrying a small tray of homemade mint chocolate cupcakes she had baked herself in neat packaging and little bows. As people were going up and down to look at the other baked pastries from other bakeries, the woman spoke with a little nod, her Galarian accent going off as more refined with a tinge of Johtonian. "Are you having a bit of trouble selling these? They do look delightful to the eye and I was about to set my cupcakes for the sale as well."

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 3:07:41 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla looked up to see the silhouette of the person approaching their table with a polite smile. But as soon as the silhoutte of the person would come near, her jaw dropped. In a silent show of respect, the mute girl took a bow before the woman, while her Pokemon companion would hover above, slightly confused. The Rotom looked to the woman and her Mismagius with a quizzical expression. Vanilla's hand shot up to bring her Rotom possessed phone to the table as a show of respect. After a bit, the young trainer would release her grip on the Pokemon. "Hey! What was that for?!?" SPECTRA asked as Vanilla's hands spelled it out. She had been using sign language to communicate with the Rotom, whose eyes widened just as far back as his trainer's once he had realized who the woman before them was.

"Princess Elise?! M-My apologies for not showing the proper etiquette when greeting royalty! It's a pleasure to meet you!" the friendly Rotom possessed phone said, dipping its screen to the ground in greeting. "I'm SPECTRA, and this is Vanilla." The younger girl silently gave a nod to Elise and offered a small wave, motioning to their spread of goods.

"We're having some trouble selling these, yes! Would you be able to help us? The owner of this bakery came down with a cold and asked us to go in his steed. We're okay trainers but a horrible sales team. And I'm certain the owner would thank you for your contribution as well!"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 7:06:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Mana gave a little confused look to the smaller ghost type though she did usually pay more attention to whatever ghosts the Mismagius wanted to meet though it appeared to help with its trainer having a form of communication issue. With the Rotom Phone doing the talking, she listened to the device apologizing that it didn’t show the proper respect for royalty and introduced its name and its trainer’s. “I think people don’t care much for titles here, but thank you for the proper respect nonetheless, it’s reassuring. It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, SPECTRA and Vanilla, my Mismagius here is Mana.” Elise responded to the Rotom Phone with the Mismagius giving a little wave to both of the trainer and its Pokemon.[break][break]

The Rotom phone told of the plight they were facing and asked if she could help out. “I don’t mind helping you two. Let me put down these cupcakes and I will be able to help.” She replied as the royal set down the tray of nicely packaged cupcakes on the table, they’ll hopefully be a hit at the bake sale since she did work a bit hard on them.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 9:02:16 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"Wow, really? Thanks a bunch, Your Highness!" Vanilla looked a tad eager at the prospect of meeting a noble, her eyes shooting towards the woman as she explained that titles were necessary but still giving a bow of her head in small nod of respect. SPECTRA buzzed about until Vanilla gently plucked him from the sky and held him horizontally. Aiming at Elise's companion, she'd click a button as a robotic voice droned out from the speaker.

Mismagius, the Magical Pokémon. Mismagius appear out of nowhere, chanting spells, casting curses, and showing terrifying visions. It is said that the cry may rarely be imbued with happiness-giving power.

After the brief scan, SPECTRA rose to the air again and shook his head, grumbling to himself. "Can you at least tell me when you're gunna do that?!" She held up her hands, palms outwards facing him while offering an apologetic glance as the Rotom switched back to the two in front of them both.

"Anyway, we've tried giving out some samples and yelling about it, but there's not really been anybody approaching us. Would you have any ideas on what we could do?"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 14:04:57 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Listening to the Rotom say its thanks for getting the woman’s help, she gave a small smile to both the Rotom and its trainer while the dex entry for her ghostly partner read of Mismagius being able to chant spells and cast curses. Rarely, the cry of the female ghost type was said to give happiness-giving power which was something Mana could do if she wanted to make others happy. Pokedex entries had different stories of each Pokemon that they did have some information over the different species of ghosts she had studied for a bit back in the trainers’ school.[break][break]

As SPECTRA began to ask for any suggestions they could do to catch the interest of people since they’ve given free samples and yelled about the baked goods on sale, Elise replied with some thought over how they could sell their goods in a way that would get the other people’s interest. “I find that a table being presentable in a way that catches people to buy them would work. Perhaps having some eye-catching decor can bring people here.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 18:32:43 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The two listened to Elise's advice on how to draw in more customers. It did make sense after a little bit of thought. People tended to be drawn towards eye-catching colors rather than the plain everyday things that they saw a thousand of every day. Vanilla put a finger to her chin in thought of how to spruce up their display. "Huh, a table covering. You think that will really work? We're representing a kind of up and coming bakery, so that type of thing might not be the most eye catching. Any ideas-" SPECTRA swung back around to see an empty seat, the teenager having roamed elsewhere. There was a beat of silence before he buzzed around the area.

"Augh! She disappeared! But I can't just leave the display here…"

It took a bit of searching and some few minutes, but Vanilla returned after a while with a handful of cloth and decorations from the bakery. She gave an apologetic glance to the two and began setting their display up more. There were simple things, like a table cover with floral patterns, a display case with a faux cream pie sitting within, and some various decorations here and there. People had begun to take notice of the display, with a select few wandering over to at least see their selection.

Vanilla and her Rotom beamed at the Princess, the latter of which buzzing with excitement. "It's working! Do you have any other ideas, Elise?"

"x"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 21:13:55 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

SPECTRA spoke about her suggestion and asked if a table covering would really work, but before the woman could respond to the Rotom phone, she heard it worry a bit about the mute young girl leaving the stand for a few minutes. “Well, I’m sure she will be back with something to decorate the stand and as for your question, I think it will work to bring attention to the desserts you both are selling.” She reassures the floating Rotom phone as the young girl would be back with some decorations after a while.[break][break]

More people had come to the stand to see the desserts that the bakery they were representing with the woman turning to the Rotom phone asking if she had other ideas. “We should give the people who buy the desserts here a cause to use their money…like a donation to a charity or a wildlife conservation effort." The royal responds to SPECTRA since some eateries used it to give people a way to use the money they get for a good cause.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 20:02:16 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Elise's little suggestion was pretty logical. People would flock over if they what they were buying from was a more sympathetic source. Still, the two racked their heads around figuring out just what that something could be. "As far as I know, the owner isn't donating or anything. But it is a bakery that's been underperforming for a while now. But we could always lie!"

Vanilla's response was a swift smack of her phone case onto the table, with SPECTRA fluttering back up with a scattered buzz. Her expression was one of scolding, eyebrows furrowed in anger. "It was a joke, sheeesh! Let's keep at it…"

The table was good marginally better than it had been on the account of the decorations and pressing the struggling bakery angle. People would come up and offer support, getting baked goods and even leaving tips at times. So many that Vanilla got up later to get a jar to store them properly into. After about ten minutes or so, they had done a decent enough chunk in the stock for the table. People seemed to be taking interest in them finally!

"Awesome job! Thanks for the help so far. Can we buy some of your cupcakes? All this shouting is making me hungry. It's the least we could do!"

Vanilla mimicked the sentiment, beaming at Elise while she'd look towards the cupcakes that the princess had made.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 7:15:04 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Rotom Phone spoke of their bakery being the underperforming sort to have donations since the owner wasn’t donating or anything, so it suggested that they could always lie. “I don’t think lying would do any good in gaining customers.” She replied with a small frown before SPECTRA prefaced its words as a joke from getting a swift smack by Vanilla. Giggling a little towards the Rotom Phone’s antics, the woman watched several people line up to buy the goods from the stand.[break][break]

Once SPECTRA praised her for an awesome job and thanked her for the help so far, she replied kindly to the Rotom Phone’s question if they could buy some of her cupcakes. “Of course, please feel free to purchase some, SPECTRA. I do not mind.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 3:57:38 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla beamed up at the Princess as she paid for 2 cupcakes from Elise, one for the both of them. SPECTRA received his own cupcake while the pink haired teen chowed down on her own. Within seconds, the Rotom had devoured his portion as his sparks felt as if they were ready to pop out! "Whoa! This is delicious, Elise! No wonder you royals live such a good life. You have the best food!" Vanilla, however, took her time with enjoying the cupcake. Once she was done, the girl motioned for the Rotom to fall into her hands. "Oh, I think Vanilla wants to say something!" Once the weight of her phone was felt, she held the expanding screen up to her face so that it was completely covered. The screen of the phone displayed a featureless, grayscale image that would mimic her mouth movements. After a moment of hesitation, Vanilla would speak.

"Th-Thank you for your help, Your Highness. Without you, I think we would have been in real trouble. Ah-I'm not really good with new people. Sorry for not speaking earlier..." Behind the screen her brows remained furrowed although the girl continued. "You spent a lot of time baking these, I can tell. My family has catered to a lot of people back in Galar. I'm not the best at it, but I'm trying to work on treats for Pokémon rather than people. But thank you for the delicious cupcakes..."

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 5:23:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Seeing the two of them eat her cupcakes made her happier that her desserts were actually good in terms of her own baking skill. “You are very kind, SPECTRA. I looked up some of my paternal grandmother’s recipes when she made them, so I thought I could try baking her cupcakes.” Her response came with a little smile while the Rotom Phone said that his trainer wanted to speak. The female royal listens to the smaller girl speak in a way that showed her timid demeanor, but still gave her thanks for the help.[break][break]

“It’s no problem at all, my dear. From when I was younger and even now, I am…not good with newer people despite being seen in public as a refined royal princess who is put together.” She admits with a sigh while the young girl spoke of telling that Elise put her heart and soul into her baked goods. “You have my gratitude for your compliment. I hope your treats can bring their deliciousness to Pokemon if you are willing to work for it, so I shall lend you my support if needed.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 2:16:50 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
It was quite surprising for Vanilla. A royal princess that wasn't the best with newer people she didn't know? It was almost ironic. A princess anxious about her people. Still, it did make the teenager feel like she had somebody who knew how she felt about people in general. The screen showed Vanilla smiling as she turned around to face Elise, her familiarity with the princess slowly beginning to grow. "You're not good with new people too?" she asked almost incredulously. "Mm...I-I would appreciate any help you could offer for my baked goods. I'm always in need of Pokemon to taste test. In return, ah-I could help you however you might like. It would be an honor, Prin-Er...Elise."

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 3:58:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As incredulous as the other timid girl might sound, the Galarian royal replies with a small nod. “Yes, royal balls and meet and greets were the bane of my social anxiety when I was younger. My fascinator hat gives me comfort, but it also gets some comments from other people over how strange it is.” Hardly the most odd formal headwear that people would wear every day, but hers might have garnered some looks from other people who thought it was a little weird to wear something like that other than normal hats.[break][break]

“I will be more than happy to aid your baked goods and in return, you can help me taste test my creations for someone I am seeing.” The royal blushed a little over imagining trying most of her pastries when she could bring them to him. He was always so nice in talking with her that she probably couldn’t imagine the guy being anything but.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 19:57:30 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla removed Proxii's screen from her face, glancing up at the royalist choice of headwear. Her shows showcased the girl's interest towards the peculiar headwear. It wasn't like she could really hate the idea of doing something similar, at least not while covering her face with her phone as she spoke. While remaining a bit timid, the teen raised the phone back to cover her face again and continued. "I like it." Vanilla offered. "It's pretty stylish. Plus, it kinda matches your dress and looks good. I might have to get one for me." She offered a sly smirk to the woman, although her interest rose with the offer made for them.

So they could just be the taste tester for one another's baked goods? Although varied by interests, with Elise wanting to make them for somebody close to her and Vanilla trying to break into the world of making Pokemon treats. It was a win win then! "I would be more than happy to help. Anything for a fellow baker! I'm not as good as my parents, but I can help you make it perfect." A nice agreement was reached, the teenager happy to have not only met a member of the royal family but to even agree to help them with something so important! It may have not been searching for the holy grail, but love was always something everyone would strive to foster.

"Oh…um, sorry for being like this. I don't really talk a lot often…But thanks for the offer. I promise I'll make you a proper baker yet!"