Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
In the Belly of the Beast [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 21:07:11 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Another day, another busy happy hour at Howling at the Moon. While Zev was not technically working that night, his schedule was uncommonly empty, which meant he could check in on his regular patrons and meet some new ones.[break][break]

That evening, the bar was a scene of lively conversation and laughter as drinks flowed from glass to mouth. On the second-floor loft, diners enjoyed a mix of Unovan classics and local cuisine.[break][break]

Zev stood at a table where a middle-aged couple sat, their plates laden with burgers and barbecue ribs. He knew them as neighbors who lived in his same apartment building, so when he wished them a good evening and told them he'd see them later, he meant it. The woman often baked cookies and dropped off a few at his door; the man passed Zev daily on his way back from the nearby coffee shop while Zev went out for his morning jog.[break][break]

They, like many of the customers at Howling that night, had no idea their gracious host was nothing less than a hitman for Team Rocket. A Beast.[break][break]

As Zev descended the iron steps to the ground floor of the bar, the front door swung opened and a new customer entered. Her long, white hair caught his eye. As soon as he got a good look at her face, he did a double take.[break][break]

Standing in his bar was none other than , one of the League's Head Professors.[break][break]

Zev suppressed the terrible, wicked smile of a wolf whose prey had just stumbled into its den. Instead, he flashed her a welcoming one. "Good evening!" he greeted her, his voice upbeat, friendly. "Welcome to Howling at the Moon. Is this your first time here?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 2:48:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she tells herself she's merely passing time in here but... truthfully, it's been a long week and she's seeking a distraction in the form of drinks.

a man greets her with a welcoming smile. she returns it after a beat, expression brightening with practiced politeness.

"it is! was it obvious?"

does she stick out like a sore thumb? awkward and misplaced and lost. there's an uncomfortable atmosphere to being alone in places, she's come to realize. the craving for company has proven time and time again to be one of her biggest enemies.

the scientist shifts to get closer to the bar, taking an open seat as her eyes roam over the alcohol behind the counter. after a moment, her head turns to find that same man with the welcoming smile.

"do you recommend anything?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 16:02:55 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"A little," Zev admitted with a light laugh, strolling alongside the woman as she made her way to the bar. "But I'm good with faces, and I know the regulars. If you'd been here before, I'd remember it."[break][break]

When she asked for recommendations, he plucked a black menu from the bar and, opening it to the page of specialty cocktails, handed it to her. It showed an array of fanciful drinks with wolf-themed names, like Sunset Howl, Red Moon, Wild Hunt, and Winter Run.[break][break]

"My favorite's the Wild Hunt, but it packs a bit of a punch," he said, tapping the paper that described the drink as a whisky sour. "And since it's happy hour right now, all our specials are just 3 PD."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 2:33:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum escapes after he presents her with a menu of options.

whiskey sour... it does happen to be in her wheelhouse of drinks.

"okay, i'll do the wild hunt then."

her smile widens as she hands the menu back toward him. happy hour is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

and once the menu is out of the way, she leans onto the counter and props her elbows up before resting her chin on the back of her folded hands.

"how's the happy hour here? is it usually this busy?"

people packed in as many seats as possible, crowded together... it's overwhelming. her social battery will be fine once she begins drinking, she thinks.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 11:49:52 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev signaled to the bartender. "A Wild Hunt on the house for the lady here, and a bourbon on the rocks for me," he instructed his employee, who nodded and started making the drinks.[break][break]

Turning back to Illeana, Zev continued, "Just about this busy, especially today. There's trivia night later, so a lot of regulars here are staying for that."[break][break]

He considered his next words. They could continue to speak nonchalantly for a few minutes, then he could leave her to drink and resume his rounds around the bar. But he doubted there'd be any better opportunity to speak with the Head Professor alone — at least not in a casual setting where she might lower her guard.[break][break]

The man held out his hand for her to shake.[break][break]

"I'm Zev, by the way. I'm the owner here, if it wasn't obvious." He flashed her another charming, cheek-dimpled smile. "Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I have seen you before — just not here. You're Dr. Reyes, aren't you? Dr. Illeana Reyes?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 4:44:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]on the house?

she flushes a faint pink and tucks a stray strand of hair back behind her ear.

it's wasted on her, this kindness, but she appreciates it all the same.

"thank you."

and while the thought of a trivia night is enticing, he cuts her contemplation of participating short by extending a hand toward her. she stares for a moment before slowly taking his hand. the following shake is gentle, loose gripped, almost delicate.

"it's a pleasure, zev. you have a great establishment here from what i've seen so far."

it's genuine, solidified with a smile.

the rosiness of her cheeks deepens beneath the realization of her presence, of her titles and the weight that comes with them. it settles firmly on her shoulders, a little heavier each time she must wear them.

"yes, though... just illeana is fine!"

she's nothing grandiose, nothing otherworldly or impressive to require such formalities. she's simply... illeana. it's the only thing keeping her with two feet firmly planted in this reality, after all.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 11:06:07 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev's grin widened at her compliment, and he pretended to flush with pride. "Thanks! My staff work really hard here. The success is partly thanks to them."[break][break]

He gave an appreciative nod to the bartender as their drinks were set down before them. Zev picked up his glass of bourbon and raised it toward Illeana in a toast.[break][break]

"Cheers… Illeana," he said, rolling her name around on his tongue as if he were tasting it.[break][break]

She was nothing like he imagined, if he had to be honest. Demure and delicate, her manner seemed to contradict what was surely a stressful and demanding career. But Zev knew better than most that looks could be deceiving.[break][break]

"So, are you here to drown your sorrows?" He stuck out his tongue playfully to show he was kidding. "Or just relaxing after a long day of work? What kind of work does a Head Professor do, anyway?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 21:58:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her glass rises a moment later and with it, a smile.

the sound of drinks clinking together is almost music to the ears in a small, welcoming sort of way.

"cheers!"

and after the first sip, her new acquaintance begins to make more conversation. she takes a moment to process, to mull over questions and words until she feels an answer coming on.

"definitely unwinding a bit."

a light laugh follows, lured out by the playfulness of his expression.

"um, whatever the league requires of me, i suppose?"

there's not exactly a firm description of her daily duties. what they need, she does. it's simple, almost like the ticking of a clock as time passes through the hours. always there, always chugging along.

it's exhausting, sometimes, but she manages. nights like these certainly help, at least.

"given the state of hoenn at the moment, however, we've been busier than we were when the meteor was coming. dimensional rifts are a scientist's dream, though, so it's not too bad."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 13:58:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev sipped his drink as she spoke, his gaze focused on her face, politely attentive. Every so often, he glanced away, allowing something else in the bar to distract him momentarily.[break][break]

After all, normal people tended to grow uncomfortable with prolonged, open stares.[break][break]

"I heard about those rifts on the news," he said when she fell silent, "and the warnings about staying away from them. Are they really that dangerous?"[break][break]

His concerned frown expressed his unspoken question: Are we in danger?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 3:51:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she frowns as his own rises.

the concept of feeling unsafe in this region... it's not unfamiliar but she loathes it every time it comes back.

"yes, they have the potential to be disastrous."

it's for this very reason that they are closed off, heavily monitored, and guarded around the clock. she takes another sip of her drink at the thought, trying to wash it down with alcohol alone. it seems to cling regardless.

"we're still gathering reports on what they contain so i highly advise against going near them."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 15:35:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev nodded in agreement. "Of course. Sometimes I hear my youngest employees talk about checking them out, but I know their families and friends would be devastated if something happened to them because of their foolishness. Though, I wonder…"[break][break]

He shifted in his seat, inching closer to Illeana. A flicker of wonder crossed his face against the backdrop of worry. When he next spoke, his voice had lowered, as if they were conspiring together on a taboo topic.[break][break]

"Have you been in one of those rifts yourself?" he asked, allowing his eyes to sparkle with eager curiosity. "You said they're a scientist's dream to study."[break][break]

If he could glean any kind of information from the Head Professor about what the League had already discovered in the worlds beyond the rifts, that would be a boon for Team Rocket.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:23:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the question causes her to pause, to blink, to process.

"of course i have."

she still stands by the sentiment. the rifts are delightfully foreign and she wants to unearth every nook and cranny they have. no rock left unturned until she's bled them dry of all the information they hold.

another sip is taken of her drink and she flashes a smile shortly after.

"league officials have clearance to enter at their leisure."

besides...

"what kind of scientist would i be if i didn't go into the dangerous unknown along with the league's teams?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 17:47:00 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Her tone of voice made it seem like the answer to his question had been obvious. She was a Head Professor, after all. If she weren't leading the charge into the unknown, did she really deserve her position, with all the resources and reputation it granted her?[break][break]

"Of course," Zev said quickly. "I didn't mean to imply you would stay behind while other people explored them on your behalf. But if they're that dangerous, maybe no one should enter them."[break][break]

He paused for another sip of his drink, to affect a sense of contemplation. Then he smiled at Illeana, appearing reassured.[break][break]

"But I guess not, huh? So? What are they like? Have you seen anything that excites you, as a scientist?"[break][break]

Zev had to choose his words carefully. After all, he couldn't say anything that revealed he'd been through the rifts himself, else he'd give her reason to grow suspicious of him.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 20:25:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a small, understanding smile.

"it would be nice if no one would enter them, but to ask that of the curious people in this region would be futile."

people do what they want, regardless of consequences. just look at her, for example. a bloody string of poorly thought out actions follows behind her like a cape.

"rather than cracking down on those who ignore the dangers these rifts pose, i'd prefer to ensure they are safe and protected should they venture into the unknown."

there's no other way, she believes.

he asks, then, of the rifts and what wonders they contain. for a moment, she lingers in a quiet sort of state. the gears in her mind churn over and over, working through memories and experiences and information.

"they're unlike anything i've seen before, truthfully."

the rifts, themselves, come with a torn sense of feeling. on one hand, she feels excitement thrum through her veins.

and on the other, dread.

"the possibilities they hold is exciting enough, but i haven't gotten the chance to fully explore just one. i hope to focus on the deep sea before moving on to the border."

once she bleeds one rift fully dry of whatever intel it holds, she will move on to the next. it is the only feasible way she can find to understand them, to close them.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 13:55:52 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev nodded slowly, as if he was learning this information and absorbing it all for the first time. He sipped at his bourbon with the pensiveness of a man who did not know to react.[break][break]

In truth, Illeana had not given him much to work with. Either she really had not spent much time in the realms beyond the rifts herself, or she was careful not to share too much information with a random civilian.[break][break]

Zev did not think he could get more from her — not unless she was drunk, but spending that much time with her might make her suspicious of him.[break][break]

He decided to smile. "That sounds super exciting for you. I'm glad to hear you've gotten this opportunity to study something amazing. And even if it's really dangerous, that's why League officials are all trained in battle, right?"[break][break]

It was a rhetorical question, of course. After all, what in the world could possibly be more dangerous than Pokémon?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]